Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Is it too difficult to find a job?

views

KLKN_Views
post Sep 18 2021, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(MIkori @ Aug 8 2020, 06:08 PM)
Is it too difficult to get a job in arts field in this current economy situation? I'm afraid that it will be hard to find a job after I graduate. Im studying illustration course smile.gif
i've been working in advertising/publishing industry for 15 years. to be honest, creative market is majorly affected by this pandemic. client's are cutting their expenses to sustain in the business and the first thing they will cut is on the 'marketing budget' - which is advertising/publishing materials and etc.

having said that, it is all depends how good you are. pick up other creative skills, beside illustration - that will help you in the long run.

wish you all the best smile.gif
jmtstan
post Sep 20 2021, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

start learning about digital marketing, basic understanding of website design, social media posting, e-commerce. coz majority these are very important for design jobs.

and also some animation skill. play around with adobe after effects and premiere and other major video editing software.

no need to learn 3D editing. if you want, can learn in free time.

PowerOfZero
post Sep 20 2021, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(KLKN_Views @ Sep 18 2021, 02:38 PM)
i've been working in advertising/publishing industry for 15 years. to be honest, creative market is majorly affected by this pandemic. client's are cutting their expenses to sustain in the business and the first thing they will cut is on the 'marketing budget' - which is advertising/publishing materials and etc.

having said that, it is all depends how good you are. pick up other creative skills, beside illustration - that will help you in the long run.

Even without the pandemic the art field don't earn much
KLKN_Views
post Sep 21 2021, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
116 posts

QUOTE(PowerOfZero @ Sep 20 2021, 11:02 PM)
Even without the pandemic the art field don't earn much
I disagree. its like, you really have to shine with your works, otherwise you wont earn much. if you are good, then you'll earn big bucks. there are successful creative peoples' who earns 6digits in Msia!
SAldONoN
post Sep 26 2021, 11:21 PM

39 posts

depend how u think and ur skill
abmawie
post Oct 6 2021, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

Probably the only industry that can survive the pandemic.
SUSDennisMay
post Oct 7 2021, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

it depends on the niche. Nowadays if you work with IT I think it won't be hard.
olay biscuit barrel
post Oct 10 2021, 02:48 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Maintain your top rated status in Upwork. I've been declining more work than accepting them.
kyLL
post Oct 13 2021, 11:49 AM

-=-
1,638 posts

QUOTE(KLKN_Views @ Sep 18 2021, 02:38 PM)

it was that way in the beginning wasnt it. but i think the trend is flipping back. those companies that can afford to spend on ads will stand out from those that dont.

ProSuperSchool
post Mar 10 2022, 10:35 PM

On my way
554 posts

I've always asked this question too..the answer that pops out the most is "get hardworking and scale up your portfolio"
Flying_unicorn00
post Mar 23 2022, 04:56 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(jmtstan @ Sep 18 2021, 09:23 AM)
i work as graphic designer for wedding, and mostly deals with touch up photos. my HQ distribute cameras.. so hv to do flyers and other promo stuff every month.

But then 10 years later, i left the company and switch profession to be business admin & sales.

I don't want to rely on design skill to make living. Coz as you grow old, many younger designer will eventually replaces you with a cheaper price. At least now i have the outlet managing, admin, marketing skills on my resume.
Yes very true!!I've came across situation like this in my company.
They will prefer to hire fresh-grad than using someone who is well experienced in the industry
jmtstan
post Mar 24 2022, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Flying_unicorn00 @ Mar 23 2022, 04:56 PM)
Yes very true!!I've came across situation like this in my company.
They will prefer to hire fresh-grad than using someone who is well experienced in the industry
that is why most of the time i receive artwork from customers, all never follow the bleeding, the cmyk color etc. rules... all done by amateur designer.
Raddus
post Jun 7 2022, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

there is better chance growth and better pay in the web and app design under tech industry

Study latest structure of web designs and apps it’s not all about just coding, it needs good visuals and user experience

My pay is quite decent as a designer I handle only the visuals for web design, the flow and wireframes I do not need to code as we have dedicated developers. without nice looking website people will not bother to look at the company website

Just look at our gov websites, no sense of ux and design when it’s just up to dev to do everything

This post has been edited by Raddus: Jun 7 2022, 04:15 PM
earshore
post Sep 10 2022, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Sep 17 2021, 12:54 PM)
now better find any jobs meanwhile look for own interest. Malaysia company need multi task
this I can attest to that

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.42    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:25 PM