Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Android Box advice?

views

TSklch87
post Jul 30 2020, 09:31 AM, updated 6 months ago

10 year old virgin
569 posts

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here it goes.

I have never use an android box in my entire life but can it provide any show that i want, including all the cartoons?
Currently im using a smartTV too.

The reason i wanted something like this is because these options are not so good:
a) hypptv - very few favorite shows and it is a scheduled program
b) netflix - limited seasons/ episodes in malaysian channel
c) online stream - link sometimes broken and potential virus infection

Thank you.

Jescon
post Jul 30 2020, 09:53 AM

Casual
381 posts

There are certain apps you can install on your Android Box like KODI - which gives you access to a lot of (free but illegal) content. However, setting it up can be cumbersome, especially if you're using a cheapo android box.

My house is currently using Nvidia Shield for KODI & Netflix
TSklch87
post Jul 30 2020, 10:03 AM

10 year old virgin
569 posts

QUOTE(Jescon @ Jul 30 2020, 09:53 AM)
There are certain apps you can install on your Android Box like KODI - which gives you access to a lot of (free but illegal) content. However, setting it up can be cumbersome, especially if you're using a cheapo android box.

My house is currently using Nvidia Shield for KODI & Netflix
woah RM1.2k for a streaming device?

i thought of spending somewhere between rm200~rm400 for an android box. i saw many of them at digital mall PJ but didnt bother to buy any of them.

but now i thought of getting 1 so i can let my son watch cartoon shows.
currently netflix has limited seasons/ favorite cartoon and hypptv programs are scheduled shows.
mrcg
post Jul 30 2020, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
215 posts

i thought smart tv also using android..why need another box?
TSklch87
post Jul 30 2020, 10:26 AM

10 year old virgin
569 posts

QUOTE(mrcg @ Jul 30 2020, 10:21 AM)
i thought smart tv also using android..why need another box?
My lg smart TV can go online stream but have to use remote control manually press keys and close all ads. Very troublesome. Plus most of the time cannot watch due to memory full issue and have to clear memory.

So i am thinking of an external streaming device.
Jescon
post Jul 30 2020, 10:33 AM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 30 2020, 10:03 AM)

i thought of spending somewhere between rm200~rm400 for an android box. i saw many of them at digital mall PJ but didnt bother to buy any of them.

currently netflix has limited seasons/ favorite cartoon and hypptv programs are scheduled shows.
It's honestly worth it + you get Nvidia stream gaming service. My father bought it via Amazon actually, on a good discount. When it came here had to go declare at SIRIM.

I can't really tell you how to set up KODI and such, because my father was the one that did it - but he had a lot trouble in the beginning lol

As for me, I still prefer a HTPC - much more control compared to an Android Box.
TSklch87
post Jul 30 2020, 10:55 AM

10 year old virgin
569 posts

Hmm..looks like need to go ask at digital mall
cannavaro
post Jul 30 2020, 05:38 PM

CATTENACIO
2,949 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 30 2020, 10:03 AM)

You can get it cheaper if you buy it yourself and ship to malaysia using buynship
1 guy in a popular fb streaming group is selling it for RM980. But delivery takes about 3 weeks
Scissorshand
post Jul 30 2020, 10:47 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 30 2020, 10:55 AM)
Hmm..looks like need to go ask at digital mall
found a very interesting goods in Gearbest:Mecool KM9 Pro Classic Smart Voice Control TV Box Google Certificated - Black 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM EU Plug https://gearbest.app.link/rsKjm79Px8

I'm using above as my primary daily box for a year now
junclj
post Aug 1 2020, 12:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 30 2020, 09:31 AM)

I have never use an android box in my entire life but can it provide any show that i want, including all the cartoons?

The reason i wanted something like this is because these options are not so good:
Thank you.
HyppTV, i think you can buy a cheap empty tvbox from shopee or lazada then look for MYIPTV4K to subscribe RM150/half year.
Online stream, personally I do not recommend Kodi. I prefer to use "xfplay" if you are Chinese user because you can visit ixftv.com with this app to play any China, HK, Korean, Japan, US dramas and movies with Chinese subtitles. xfplay can be downloaded from Google play store or http://www.xfplay.com

I personally recommend you to buy an open source tvbox, just stop believe that kind of evpad, svicloud, longtv etc.
Just go for the amlogic S905X3 tvbox, make sure there have 4GB ram, gigabit LAN port, support 5GHz wifi and support 4K 60hz with HDR.
The price was just around RM150~RM200 only. I do not recommend evpad, better just go subscribe MYIPTV4K and pay for RM150 every half year. All their channels are smooth and high definition. Also comes with subtitles.
putra23
post Aug 3 2020, 04:46 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 1 2020, 12:55 PM)
HyppTV, i think you can buy a cheap empty tvbox from shopee or lazada then look for MYIPTV4K to subscribe RM150/half year.
Online stream, personally I do not recommend Kodi. I prefer to use "xfplay" if you are Chinese user because you can visit ixftv.com with this app to play any China, HK, Korean, Japan, US dramas and movies with Chinese subtitles. xfplay can be downloaded from Google play store or http://www.xfplay.com

I personally recommend you to buy an open source tvbox, just stop believe that kind of evpad, svicloud, longtv etc.
Just go for the amlogic S905X3 tvbox, make sure there have 4GB ram, gigabit LAN port, support 5GHz wifi and support 4K 60hz with HDR.
The price was just around RM150~RM200 only. I do not recommend evpad, better just go subscribe MYIPTV4K and pay for RM150 every half year. All their channels are smooth and high definition. Also comes with subtitles.
After buying open source tvbox... how or where to get the contents?
Sorry ya... no familiar with tvbox...
junclj
post Aug 4 2020, 11:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Aug 3 2020, 04:46 PM)
After buying open source tvbox... how or where to get the contents?
Sorry ya... no familiar with tvbox...
There have Google Play store and also you can manually install Aptoide TV by download the apk from here https://tv.aptoide.com.
Mostly the open source tvbox can be customized and rootable. You also can change to your favorite TV launcher such as Ugoss launcher, ATV launcher or others.

The most important thing is amlogic S905X3 tvbox is fast and the price is cheap. Faster than most of the evpad, svicloud, longtv tvbox outside there.
EVPAD has lifetime axtro, singapore, indonesia, thailand, china, hong kong, taiwan, sports channels, national geographics channels etc.. However, the big disadvantages that I really don't like is their servers, some of their channels have error and cannot be load. Next is most of their channels don't have subtitles. Meaning that I am watching most of the channels that I'm totally not understand what did he/she talking about. Not worth if we watch a Korean drama in tvN without subtitles.

I have tried many types of IPTV out there, so far the only best IPTV outside there is MYIPTV4K. I'm also not to help the provider to promote their IPTV. This is just for my personal experience of using IPTV for about 5 years.

Vincent6596
post Aug 4 2020, 04:57 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 4 2020, 11:52 AM)
There have Google Play store and also you can manually install Aptoide TV by download the apk from here https://tv.aptoide.com.
Mostly the open source tvbox can be customized and rootable. You also can change to your favorite TV launcher such as Ugoss launcher, ATV launcher or others.

The most important thing is amlogic S905X3 tvbox is fast and the price is cheap. Faster than most of the evpad, svicloud, longtv tvbox outside there.
EVPAD has lifetime axtro, singapore, indonesia, thailand, china, hong kong, taiwan, sports channels, national geographics channels etc.. However, the big disadvantages that I really don't like is their servers, some of their channels have error and cannot be load. Next is most of their channels don't have subtitles. Meaning that I am watching most of the channels that I'm totally not understand what did he/she talking about. Not worth if we watch a Korean drama in tvN without subtitles.

I have tried many types of IPTV out there, so far the only best IPTV outside there is MYIPTV4K. I'm also not to help the provider to promote their IPTV. This is just for my personal experience of using IPTV for about 5 years.
possible to share the link to buy amlogic S905X3 tvbox, coz i plan to buy and setup 1 for my dad and mom to use.
putra23
post Aug 6 2020, 11:17 AM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 4 2020, 11:52 AM)

Was considering evpad as there is a physical stall inside mall nearby. Good for trouble shooting support especially for non tech person. As I know, no other cost incurred once purchase the evpad set. Seem to cost more though. Thanks for sharing about sub titles. It is very important for me.

So...
Amlogic = a brand of tvbox
IPTV = the apps to download (such as MYIPTV4K)

Then... evpad = tvbox + apps installed, right?

junclj
post Aug 6 2020, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Aug 6 2020, 11:17 AM)
Was considering evpad as there is a physical stall inside mall nearby. Good for trouble shooting support especially for non tech person. As I know, no other cost incurred once purchase the evpad set. Seem to cost more though. Thanks for sharing about sub titles. It is very important for me.

So...

amlogic is the type of CPU that using in the tvbox. There got many third party IPTV provider outside there. EVPAD is one of them, JoyTV also similar like evpad. Some are selling the app only and some of them are selling all-in-one including tvbox such like evpad, svicloud and longtv.

I have using myiptv4k and mypad4k for many years. Last time I'm using evpad 2s but I dislike it, so I install myiptv into evpad. Later that, they got offer huat88tv for chinese users so I switch to huat88tv. After that, they shutdown huat88tv then just left myiptv. After that my evpad 2s was spoilt, I don't have any tvbox during that time. Later that, they open another new line to offer mypadtv. Mypadtv can support android tablets, android phones, iPad, iPhone and Windows PC. Later that, I was switched to mypadtv to watch with google chrome. The provider later then upgrade their channels to HD to become mypadtv4k and myiptv4k for tvbox version. After a year of using the mypad4k, some of their channels cannot be loaded. So I did complaint to them. After few months, finally they shutdown their mypad4k to make concentrate into only one myiptv4k. I have no choice later, to watch with android emulator in my PC because my subscriptions for mypad4k still not ended yet. The provider was stopped to support web browser and updated their android mypad4k app to v1.50 to link with the sources from myiptv4k. The provider is now just concentrating in one myiptv4k, so later I was bought a new tvbox. I was requested the seller help me to convert my subscriptions from mypad4k to myiptv4k.

So now, I am watching myiptv4k everyday. No lagging or delaying. All of the channels especially axtro channels are running smooth. I think I've been using myiptv for 5 years already. Since last time before I buy Evpad 2s, I'm watching myiptv with the streamyx hypptv tvbox. Later that I was bought a evpad 2s, my hypptv tvbox was gave to my aunty. I've been watching with myiptv earlier than evpad before and was compared to many third party IPTV before. That's why in the end, I still prefer to myiptv4k.

This post has been edited by junclj: Aug 6 2020, 01:40 PM
voncrane
post Aug 6 2020, 01:34 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Aug 6 2020, 11:17 AM)

So...

Err.. nope. AMLogic is an American tech company that primarily designs and produces various System on Chip (SoC)... Think Intel or AMD, etc.. They aren’t a brand of tv box.. Also, heres a dedicated thread for Android OS, etc powered boxes. There’s tons of info contained in it. I advise you to swing by and arm yourself first. Understand what you be getting into.. I recently posted some videos about the Beelink GS-King X box. You might want to take a look at it too as I go into details and show what can be achieved (legally of course) with a decent box. Check the thread out or links in my signature below..

Evpad is like an Astro decoder.. Except that Astro is 100% legit, while evpad isn’t. Don’t let their marketing fool you either. The SIRIM certification is just for the hardware being “clean”, their software isn’t. IMHO, you should only consider them if you have significant trouble setting up yourself. Normally, I wouldn’t even recommend them.
junclj
post Aug 6 2020, 02:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(Vincent6596 @ Aug 4 2020, 04:57 PM)
possible to share the link to buy amlogic S905X3 tvbox, coz i plan to buy and setup 1 for my dad and mom to use.
There got many tvbox outside there but just depends on how fast of your home internet. For me, my home got 500mbps that's why I only pick the tvbox with gigabit LAN. I was bought a cheap X99 Max Plus, the only cons for this tvbox is overheating but not a big deal. So I just put one 12cm fan under the device to cool down the temperature.

Other tvbox you may try to look for H96 Max X3, X96 Max+, HK1 box and others tvbox that within these specs.

I choose X99 Max+ 4GB RAM/64GB storage and the price is RM179. Another H96 Max X3 seems like a better choice too.

This post has been edited by junclj: Aug 6 2020, 02:23 PM
Vincent6596
post Aug 6 2020, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 6 2020, 02:06 PM)
There got many tvbox outside there but just depends on how fast of your home internet. For me, my home got 500mbps that's why I only pick the tvbox with gigabit LAN. I was bought a cheap X99 Max Plus, the only cons for this tvbox is overheating but not a big deal. So I just put one 12cm fan under the device to cool down the temperature.

Other tvbox you may try to look for H96 Max X3, X96 Max+, HK1 box and others tvbox that within these specs.

I choose X99 Max+ 4GB RAM/64GB storage and the price is RM179. Another H96 Max X3 seems like a better choice too.
this tvbox din include any app for watching movie right?
we need to load our own app for watching movie right?

currently my house is using maxis fiber 30mbps

This post has been edited by Vincent6596: Aug 6 2020, 04:42 PM
beverlykho
post Aug 8 2020, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(Vincent6596 @ Aug 6 2020, 04:40 PM)
this tvbox din include any app for watching movie right?
we need to load our own app for watching movie right?

currently my house is using maxis fiber 30mbps
Yes. You may ask the seller of the TV Box, whether he will install the relevant app. Some will do it for free, some for a fee.
hoskot
post Aug 8 2020, 10:30 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 6 2020, 02:06 PM)

H96 Max X3 has Root ON/OFF switch, like Tanix tx3 s905x3?

Vincent6596
post Aug 9 2020, 10:11 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(beverlykho @ Aug 8 2020, 05:18 PM)
Yes. You may ask the seller of the TV Box, whether he will install the relevant app. Some will do it for free, some for a fee.
okay thx for the info bro

junclj
post Aug 10 2020, 08:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(hoskot @ Aug 8 2020, 10:30 PM)
H96 Max X3 has Root ON/OFF switch, like Tanix tx3 s905x3?
Yes, it has. https://youtu.be/0ObVpJqoPoo?t=1509
woonyaw93
post Aug 10 2020, 01:51 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

found that this thread have the most honest review....thanks....
j03y_r055
post Aug 11 2020, 01:50 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 10 2020, 08:51 AM)
which one is better? x99 max+ or h96 max x3
junclj
post Aug 11 2020, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(j03y_r055 @ Aug 11 2020, 01:50 PM)
which one is better? x99 max+ or h96 max x3
x99max+ has overheat issue. The temperature will rise up to 80'c when loading and 60'c when idling.
h96max x3 has better temperature management. Just around 50'c-60'c during loading.

However, I can easily solve my x99max+ overheating issue by putting a fan under the tvbox. The temperature just straight go down to 60'c when loading.
j03y_r055
post Aug 11 2020, 05:23 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 11 2020, 03:01 PM)
x99max+ has overheat issue. The temperature will rise up to 80'c when loading and 60'c when idling.
h96max x3 has better temperature management. Just around 50'c-60'c during loading.
In term of performance, are they identical? Both hv the same hardware spec?
junclj
post Aug 11 2020, 05:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,102 posts

QUOTE(j03y_r055 @ Aug 11 2020, 05:23 PM)
In term of performance, are they identical? Both hv the same hardware spec?
For price to value, X99Max+ is cheaper. For better performance, I think H96Max X3 is better.
j03y_r055
post Aug 13 2020, 02:45 PM

37 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 11 2020, 05:30 PM)
For price to value, X99Max+ is cheaper. For better performance, I think H96Max X3 is better.
Hv u ever try to install astrogo in x99max+ ?
putra23
post Aug 13 2020, 04:16 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 6 2020, 01:34 PM)
Err.. nope. AMLogic is an American tech company that primarily designs and produces various System on Chip (SoC)... Think Intel or AMD, etc.. They aren’t a brand of tv box.. Also, heres a dedicated thread for Android OS, etc powered boxes. There’s tons of info contained in it. I advise you to swing by and arm yourself first. Understand what you be getting into.. I recently posted some videos about the Beelink GS-King X box. You might want to take a look at it too as I go into details and show what can be achieved (legally of course) with a decent box. Check the thread out or links in my signature below..
Evpad is like an Astro decoder.. Except that Astro is 100% legit, while evpad isn’t. Don’t let their marketing fool you either. The SIRIM certification is just for the hardware being “clean”, their software isn’t. IMHO, you should only consider them if you have significant trouble setting up yourself. Normally, I wouldn’t even recommend them.
Lots of info to digest. Thanks a lot!!!
xswatch
post Aug 13 2020, 04:22 PM

Casual
348 posts

just go for mi box s jela. other box can't run Netflix & other streaming apps in 4k coz not widevine L1 certified.
phoenix69
post Aug 14 2020, 11:30 AM

Regular
1,835 posts

6 Years ago: Look for TV box based on technical performance (Chip Type/RAM/Reviews reference) , plan to learn all about KODI, Setting up the streaming source. Downloading the app (Kena Bayar) .... I Give Up .. That TV Box is gathering dust somewhere in the store. bangwall.gif

2 Year ago: My technically challenged wife, bought a TV box all set up with 2 main app.
Malaysia Live - Works like a TV (Astro Channel+Malaysia+Singapore)
Video On Demand - Data Base of dramas from Korea, China, Japan, Netflix (Updated with latest episode Daily). Asian Movies, English Movies,
--- Still going strong , the app did not die off or requires "subscription" icon_idea.gif

2 day ago - Passed the old box to my mom and bought another newer model of the same TV box my wife bought.
Everything is still there but now got 2 more Naughty TV and VOD app brows.gif

Conclusion: Being technical does not can't beat blind luck doh.gif
voncrane
post Aug 15 2020, 10:33 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Aug 13 2020, 04:16 PM)
Lots of info to digest. Thanks a lot!!!
You are welcome...

QUOTE(xswatch @ Aug 13 2020, 04:22 PM)
just go for mi box s jela. other box can't run Netflix & other streaming apps in 4k coz not widevine L1 certified.
Partly wrong... Watch my review of the Beelink GS-King X.. The part 3 where I clearly show you can achieve Netflix FHD and it’s with surround sound too. Plenty other boxes certified or not can do the same. Not just the Mibox S. Nvidia Shield la, Apple TV 4K la, Roku la, etc.. That’s why I recommended that dedicated thread in my earlier post. The information is out there.. Just read je... We’ve discussed it all. Noobs welcome.. just read first.

Edited... Seems you were referring to a single box vs “all other boxes” except the Mibox.. notworthy.gif

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Aug 14 2020, 11:30 AM)
6 Years ago: Look for TV box based on technical performance (Chip Type/RAM/Reviews reference) , plan to learn all about KODI, Setting up the streaming source. Downloading the app (Kena Bayar) .... I Give Up .. That TV Box is gathering dust somewhere in the store.  bangwall.gif

2 Year ago: My technically challenged wife, bought a TV box all set up with 2 main app.
Video On Demand - Data Base of dramas from Korea, China, Japan, Netflix (Updated with latest episode Daily). Asian Movies, English Movies,
--- Still going strong , the app did not die off or requires "subscription" icon_idea.gif

2 day ago - Passed the old box to my mom and bought another newer model of the same TV box my wife bought.
Everything is still there but now got 2 more Naughty TV and VOD app   brows.gif

Conclusion: Being technical does not can't beat blind luck  doh.gif
Conclusion.... Just because you couldn’t achieve or be bothered to achieve the same results all by yourself, does NOT mean they aren’t achievable easily.. I can setup Kodi to be the only app I ever need to use to consume media on my box. If there are people who’d like to learn how? There’s also the Kodi dedicated thread, where we discuss and show how.. once again, the info is all out there and we give freely..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 15 2020, 10:35 AM
voncrane
post Sep 5 2020, 02:01 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

To follow up on my previous post... I decided to make a few videos as proof of concept and to also clear up some misconceptions about what can be achieved with Kodi & just a tiny bit tech know-how...I also tried to make the videos noob-friendly with explanations so you know what's happening and if you'd like to tweak yours to better suit your needs and viewing preferences..No advancedsettings.xml to code..no intricate setup.. Just simple instructions and you can be up and running with the best soon enough. Below is a quoted post I shared from the Kodi dedicated thread. If it helps you, do hit the Like button, share if you can to others and subscribe to my channel. I'll post up more tips and tricks plus addon updates, etc.. Thanks.

QUOTE(voncrane @ May 11 2016, 12:05 PM)
YouTube videos showing latest addons, tutorials, plus various tips and tricks to get the best out of your Kodi Installation. The latest video begins from the top for easier access. However, do check below for other videos that will appeal to you. All videos below are made and shared by myself. So please Like, Share and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel in appreciation. Every little bit counts.. Thanks.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Sep 5 2020, 02:03 PM
chickenriceboy
post Sep 7 2020, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(klch87 @ Jul 30 2020, 09:31 AM)

Thank you.
Just go ahead and get either the LongTv box or iboite x . it have a lot of cartoon movie and even live tv for only now 299,.

Go to digital mall and tried this out

Forget bout buying some empty box and loaded up with apps that requires subscripotion it stupid to do that. when long tv provided u apps to watchi this without subscrioption

just make sure your line internet is 100Mbps and it should be ready to watch out of the box.

I owned longtv and a couple of tv boxes and i can say longtv is the best.

longtv is cheaper btw ..

dont look at specs as specs dont play a huge role here. Long tv is octacore with 1GB ram and yet the channel is clearer and faster than other boxes spec.

look at SVI cloud, Iboite X . Longtv

This post has been edited by chickenriceboy: Sep 7 2020, 01:52 PM
vignaroli
post Sep 8 2020, 01:39 PM

Casual
308 posts

https://amanz.my/2020248843/

google sabrina is coming soon
voncrane
post Sep 12 2020, 11:20 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(chickenriceboy @ Sep 7 2020, 01:42 PM)
Just go ahead and get either the LongTv box or iboite x  . it have a lot of cartoon movie and even live tv for only now 299,.

Go to digital mall and tried this out

Forget bout buying some empty box and loaded up with apps that requires subscripotion it stupid to do that.  when long tv provided u apps to watchi this without subscrioption

just make sure your line internet is 100Mbps and it should be ready to watch out of the box.

I owned longtv and a couple of tv boxes and i can say longtv is the best.

longtv is cheaper btw ..

dont look at specs as specs dont play a huge role here. Long tv is octacore with 1GB ram and yet the channel is clearer and faster than other boxes spec.

look at SVI cloud, Iboite X . Longtv
I strongly disagree... And as someone who has actually dabbled... Toyed with boxes and services of different price ranges and performances? I humbly say that you Sir are spouting stupid info. Please don't mislead people.
kthxbye.
chickenriceboy
post Sep 18 2020, 04:08 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Sep 12 2020, 11:20 PM)
I strongly disagree... And as someone who has actually dabbled... Toyed with boxes and services of different price ranges and performances? I humbly say that you Sir are spouting stupid info. Please don't mislead people.
kthxbye.
I dont really care for someone who makes all the claims in the world.

Im just sharing information to whoever who just wanted to buy a box go home plug into tv and can watch al the show they wanted without paying for subscription.

in the end if the product work without you needing to setup here or there,. it is a good product .

our friend above have a youtube channel to which he want u guys to subscribe to and increase his follower.

i dont . i am not even a reseller of any boxes ...

Btw im a Linux System Specialist .. so i do know my way around all boxes.

voncrane
post Sep 21 2020, 11:16 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(chickenriceboy @ Sep 18 2020, 04:08 PM)
I dont really care for someone who makes all the claims in the world.

Im just sharing information to whoever who just wanted to buy a box go home plug into tv and can watch al the show they wanted without paying for subscription.

in the end if the product work without you needing to setup here or there,. it is a good product .

our friend above have a youtube channel to which he want u guys to subscribe to and increase his follower.

i dont . i am not even a reseller of any boxes ...

Btw im a Linux System Specialist .. so i do know my way around all boxes.
Nice try fam... A "Unix specialist" that says hardware doesn't matter.. 1GB RAM is enough.. lolwut... laugh.gif Just because you drove a kancil and liked it doesn't mean it's a good car for everyone.. As an "IT specialist", you should know this basic concept.. So forgive me when I say...You do not know your way around boxes or heck are a Unix specialist (I play with Ubuntu, Manjaro, Fedora, Linux Mint, OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, Edubuntu, Tails and even Kali Linux..I'm also comfortable with macOS, Windows, Android, Windows Mobile, iOS, Remix OS, Chrome OS, etc to name a few...So I do know my shizz yeah..No need blow trumpet) sweat.gif . Why? cuz even with over a decade of experience on my part. As an IT specialist, I know and understand that tech changes and generally gets better with time. So I'm still learning till date.

FYI.... I got into the YouTube thingy because enough folks asked me to. Each video I make takes a ton of my free time, I could otherwise be spending with my family or heck, just relaxing on my own. Notice I don't show my face either as I value my anonymity and not interested in being ultra famous to be stopped in the street. I review items in my unique style because I want to help others spend their money in the best ways possible and according to their needs and not because it pays my bills or that I'm hungry. I'm not making any bold unverifiable claims here. So if I say A works? it works and if i say it doesn't? Then it doesn't at that time. This is the internet age and everything tech can be easily verified, so why would I be "making all the claims in the world"? Besides, there's video evidence now to go with my extensive text only reviews, comments and posts.. haha...

Lastly, i ask people to sub cuz I want to help as many people as possible and the best way to do so is to grow the sub base, forcing YouTube's algorithm to do it's magic. Got people buy subs and like all.. Nah, I don't and won't roll like that. Organic growth even if slow is my game. Thanks for checking out my channel though.. Make sure to subscribe to learn from an equally learning specialist yeah. Feel free to like and share my videos yeah if it helps you (I'm sure a few will) or helps others. You have a great day.. notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Sep 21 2020, 11:25 AM
leose7enART
post Oct 10 2020, 09:56 AM

3 posts

Which one is better, TX3 (New Model) vs TX6s.. going to buy today..anyone please
Rubypoyo
post Oct 10 2020, 11:01 AM

Casual
355 posts

i been using mi box and also mi tv stick for my bedroom...
just ok performance price wise for the spec but then the device is google certified device with official google tv os...
if wanna install unknown source for "ahem2" to the box should be no issue since you can use "filecomander" that ur can download in app store to easily transfer the apk file to the box.
voncrane
post Oct 11 2020, 08:21 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(leose7enART @ Oct 10 2020, 09:56 AM)
Which one is better, TX3 (New Model) vs TX6s.. going to buy today..anyone please
Even though the TX6S has Android 10 bs Android 9 on the TX3.... I would still go with the TX3 because it has the superior and more flash friendly AMLogic S905X3. The TX6S uses an AllWinner H616, a lesser performer. When getting, if you plan to game on it? Get the 4GB RAM versions, although they are “just” DDR3 vs DDR4 used in most newer boxes now. Only get the 2GB versions if you only plan to use it as a media streamer or player. Storage-wise? I would recommend minimum 32GB just to be sure you’ve got some space to play around and can still stream large media files using the onboard eMMC and not resort to write/reading from the slower USB port.

Hope this helps your decision.

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ Oct 10 2020, 11:01 AM)
just ok performance price wise for the spec but then the device is google certified device with official google tv os...
if wanna install unknown source for "ahem2" to the box should be no issue since you can use "filecomander" that ur can download in app store to easily transfer the apk file to the box.
Yeah, primary reason to get either is definitely due for 100% confirmed Google Certified devices. You don’t ever have to worry about such. Performance-wise, it’s so-so la.. but more than plenty for the simple needs user who wants a Google certified device.
xperiaVuser
post Oct 25 2020, 05:03 PM

Enthusiast
999 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 11 2020, 08:21 AM)
Even though the TX6S has Android 10 bs Android 9 on the TX3.... I would still go with the TX3 because it has the superior and more flash friendly AMLogic S905X3. The TX6S uses an AllWinner H616, a lesser performer. When getting, if you plan to game on it? Get the 4GB RAM versions, although they are “just” DDR3 vs DDR4 used in most newer boxes now. Only get the 2GB versions if you only plan to use it as a media streamer or player. Storage-wise? I would recommend minimum 32GB just to be sure you’ve got some space to play around and can still stream large media files using the onboard eMMC and not resort to write/reading from the slower USB port.
Got so many android boxes with 4GB RAM now, but how to check if it's 'faked' without opening up the box?
voncrane
post Oct 25 2020, 09:41 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(xperiaVuser @ Oct 25 2020, 05:03 PM)
Got so many android boxes with 4GB RAM now, but how to check if it's 'faked' without opening up the box?
Hmm, without opening the box huh... Well, the surest way is to simply stick with well-known brands with reputation to lose. Brands such as Minix, HiMedia, Beelink, Zidoo, Xiaomi, Nvidia, MeCool, Tanix, Roku, Amazon, TiVo, Wetek etc....Just to name a few...With so many players in the market.. I know for certain that you won't get cheated... at least not from these mentioned.. There should be a few more, but these are the ones i can recall off the top of my head. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Oct 25 2020, 09:43 PM
xperiaVuser
post Oct 26 2020, 09:57 PM

Enthusiast
999 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 25 2020, 09:41 PM)
Hmm, without opening the box huh... Well, the surest way is to simply stick with well-known brands with reputation to lose. Brands such as Minix, HiMedia, Beelink, Zidoo, Xiaomi, Nvidia, MeCool, Tanix, Roku, Amazon, TiVo, Wetek etc....Just to name a few...With so many players in the market.. I know for certain that you won't get cheated... at least not from these mentioned.. There should be a few more, but these are the ones i can recall off the top of my head.  sweat.gif
Yep, opening the box and check what RAM chips are used on the board.

Looking for a cheap box(less than RM180) to replace my old Himedia. I guess I should go with Tanix in this price segment. Thanks for the advice!
Namelessone1973
post Nov 3 2020, 12:12 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ Oct 10 2020, 11:01 AM)
Can you install vpn? I already have Malaysian Netflix and interested in Disney plus.
Rubypoyo
post Nov 3 2020, 12:38 PM

Casual
355 posts

QUOTE(Namelessone1973 @ Nov 3 2020, 12:12 PM)
Can you install vpn? I already have Malaysian Netflix and interested in Disney plus.
Yes got vpn like expressvpn / nordvpn that you can download from playstore but cant guarantee it will work with netflix US or Disney plus
(previously fail when try using nordvpn to access Netflix US using xiaomi mi box, but no issue when using it on smartphone)

This post has been edited by Rubypoyo: Nov 3 2020, 12:39 PM
StevenL
post Nov 3 2020, 09:35 PM

On my way
571 posts

QUOTE(Namelessone1973 @ Nov 3 2020, 12:12 PM)
Can use Hollywood server for Disney+ and LA1 for Netflix on expressvpn on other certified box
voncrane
post Nov 4 2020, 08:21 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

Yep.. yet to test it out myself.. But a verified source did mention ExpressVPN works.
mohdkhairul83
post Nov 8 2020, 08:45 AM

37 posts

Here is the TX3 mini cheap tvbox. Already preinstall apps to watch free channels and movies.

https://shopee.com.my/product/6302272/24746...81-1604796313.9
xortz
post Nov 8 2020, 10:35 AM

psn id: encikis
1,513 posts

QUOTE(mohdkhairul83 @ Nov 8 2020, 08:45 AM)
Here is the TX3 mini cheap tvbox. Already preinstall apps to watch free channels and movies.

Astro Go supported?
Vincent6596
post Nov 9 2020, 12:05 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(mohdkhairul83 @ Nov 8 2020, 08:45 AM)

https://shopee.com.my/TVBOX-PRE-INSTALL-100...2272.5205211710

compare tx6 with tx3 which is more better??
and i do need larger rom for install other apps.
dizposed
post Nov 9 2020, 05:27 PM

4 posts

Which is better and more reliable... Tx3 or H96 max X3..

Spec wise from what i know is the same. (Looking at 4gb Ram and 32gb storage).
Except the Ethernet port. H96 max x3 is gigabit. (1000 compare to Tx3 100)

But rarely seen anyone comment bout the H96 max X3. So, that why the question which better and reliable..
AVFAN
post Nov 9 2020, 05:36 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,331 posts

QUOTE(xortz @ Nov 8 2020, 10:35 AM)
Astro Go supported?
astrogo is a puzzling app... it works on some tx3mini/t3max/tx3 s905x3, does not work on the rest.

some say u must modify that and that... but mine are ok, no need modify nothing.

so, best u ask seller to test and confirm b4 u buy.

QUOTE(Vincent6596 @ Nov 9 2020, 12:05 AM)
https://shopee.com.my/TVBOX-PRE-INSTALL-100...2272.5205211710

compare tx6 with tx3 which is more better??
and i do need larger rom for install other apps.
QUOTE(dizposed @ Nov 9 2020, 05:27 PM)
Which is better and more reliable... Tx3 or H96 max X3..

Spec wise from what i know is the same. (Looking at 4gb Ram and 32gb storage).
Except the Ethernet port. H96 max x3 is gigabit. (1000 compare to Tx3 100)

But rarely seen anyone comment bout the H96 max X3. So, that why the question which better and reliable..
which one better.... bmw or mercedes better? proton or perodua better?!

more to do with what u want to do with it.

dun be carried away by the specs... bigger memory is good generally but not always necessary.

gigabit port is better than 100mbps but do u need it, can yr network support it?

lastly, watch out for overheating... google tx6 about this.
Vincent6596
post Nov 9 2020, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Nov 9 2020, 05:36 PM)
astrogo is a puzzling app... it works on some tx3mini/t3max/tx3 s905x3, does not work on the rest.

some say u must modify that and that... but mine are ok, no need modify nothing.

dun be carried away by the specs... bigger memory is good generally but not always necessary.

gigabit port is better than 100mbps but do u need it, can yr network support it?

okay, thx for the info bro

dizposed
post Nov 9 2020, 10:18 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Nov 9 2020, 05:36 PM)

thanks for the replies...

im planning to get the TIME 500Mbps..

im queries coz hardly seen anyone comment using the H96 max x3..
lots of good comment on tx3.. newbie here.. i guess couldnt go wrong with tx3 right..
AVFAN
post Nov 9 2020, 11:54 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,331 posts

QUOTE(dizposed @ Nov 9 2020, 10:18 PM)
thanks for the replies...

im planning to get the TIME 500Mbps..

im queries coz hardly seen anyone comment using the H96 max x3..
lots of good comment on tx3.. newbie here.. i guess couldnt go wrong with tx3 right..
tx3 is a popular model - fairly new model, cheap and functional for most purposes.

u can read more here if u wish:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4722095/+1480
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 09:14 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Oct 11 2020, 08:21 AM)

Hope this helps your decision.
Yeah, primary reason to get either is definitely due for 100% confirmed Google Certified devices. You don’t ever have to worry about such. Performance-wise, it’s so-so la.. but more than plenty for the simple needs user who wants a Google certified device.
Thanks for this. I was also considering between TX3 and TX6. Sifu voncrane, any problem to install Netflix, AOTG, Hulu, or any other streaming apps on this device? I saw you takking about Beelink, is it much better than TX3? Thanks sir, noob here. Not Unix expert. 😅
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 09:22 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Rubypoyo @ Nov 3 2020, 12:38 PM)
Yes got vpn like expressvpn / nordvpn that you can download from playstore but cant guarantee it will work with netflix US or Disney plus
(previously fail when try using nordvpn to access Netflix US using xiaomi mi box, but no issue when using it on smartphone)
I use NordVPN but when connected to US server my Netflix won’t sign in. The VPN works on my Ipad/Iphone but not Android box. Not sure why, but its a really old box, Mini M8S. Been in service for few years and now its having infinity rebooting and can’t log in. That’s why I was considering Tanix, TX3 as a replacement. No money to get Nvidia and all thise high end brands. 😭
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Nov 9 2020, 11:54 PM)
tx3 is a popular model - fairly new model, cheap and functional for most purposes.

u can read more here if u wish:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4722095/+1480
Thanks for the info bro!
voncrane
post Nov 16 2020, 09:50 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 09:14 AM)
Thanks for this. I was also considering between TX3 and TX6. Sifu voncrane, any problem to install Netflix, AOTG, Hulu, or any other streaming apps on this device? I saw you takking about Beelink, is it much better than TX3? Thanks sir, noob here. Not Unix expert. 😅
Oh you are welcome....About Beelink versus Tanix devices.. To be fair, I can't categorically state that Beelink is miles better than Tanix, because I'm yet to personally play with either Tanix boxes. However, specs and features-wise? I can say that Beelink wins. You can triple boot OSes (Android, EmuELEC, CoreELEC) and there are a few verified custom ROMs for em. Kodi (my favorite app) also runs great on em. Using CoreELEC, you can have Netflix @1080p and DD audio on most Beelink boxes. Tanix? probably still the usual 540p max (i stand corrected if other owners can confirm otherwise). The major pro for Tanix devices at this time is that Asterruk Go app (with some hackery cuz rooted, etc) works on some of their boxes. Problem is, they'll only work until something is changed on Asterruk's end that makes them incompatible. So might not even work in a few days or weeks. Minix boxes used to be king and my default recommendation (for years) to those whose criteria is to run the Asterruk Go app. The app would be updated over and over again and yet Minix boxes would just update and keep playing smoothly. But then few months back.. Stuff got changed and they began experiencing problems.

Edit: Make that quad-booting capable. Manjaro Linux can now be used on Beelink boxes like the GT-King Pro and the GS-King X. It's currently in Alpha stage though. but for tinkerers like myself. This is excellent news. Means that with a little more time, I can turn the Beelink GS-King X into a full-fledged Linux powered NAS device. For now, that means ditching Android for good, cuz Manjaro needs to run off the on-board eMMc storage.. Eagerly awaiting USB/SD card bootable support. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 09:22 AM)
I use NordVPN but when connected to US server my Netflix won’t sign in. The VPN works on my Ipad/Iphone but not Android box. Not sure why, but its a really old box, Mini M8S. Been in service for few years and now its having infinity rebooting and can’t log in. That’s why I was considering Tanix, TX3 as a replacement. No money to get Nvidia and all thise high end brands. 😭
Try ExpressVPN bro.. I did and yep it works... Had to change system time and location stuff to match.. But yeah, it works.. Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Prime, etc.. Can view and watch all geo-locked stuff.. My next box review video will drop soon and you can see proof there. nod.gif

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 16 2020, 07:55 PM
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 09:50 AM)
Oh you are welcome....About Beelink versus Tanix devices.. To be fair, I can't categorically state that Beelink is miles better than Tanix, because I'm yet to personally play with either Tanix boxes. However, specs and features-wise? I can say that Beelink wins. You can triple boot OSes (Android, EmuELEC, CoreELEC) and there are a few verified custom ROMs for em. Kodi (my favorite app) also runs great on em. Using CoreELEC, you can have Netflix @1080p and DD audio on most Beelink boxes. Tanix? probably still the usual 540p max (i stand corrected if other owners can confirm otherwise). The major pro for Tanix devices at this time is that Asterruk Go app (with some hackery cuz rooted, etc) works on some of their boxes. Problem is, they'll only work until something is changed on Asterruk's end that makes them incompatible. So might not even work in a few days or weeks. Minix boxes used to be king and my default recommendation (for years) to those who's criteria is to run the Asterruk Go app. The app would be updated over and over again and yet Minix boxes would just update and keep playing smoothly. But then fee months back.. Stuff got changed and they began experiencing problems.

Edit: Make that quad-booting capable. Manjaro Linux can now be used on Beelink boxes like the GT-King Pro and the GS-King X. It's currently in Alpha stage though. but for tinkerers like myself. This is excellent news. Means that with a little more time, I can turn the Beelink GS-King X into a full-fledged Linux powered NAS device. For now, that means ditching Android for good, cuz Manjaro needs to run off the on-board eMMc storage.. Eagerly awaiting USB/SD card bootable support.  thumbup.gif
Try ExpressVPN bro.. I did and yep it works... Had to change system time and location stuff to match.. But yeah, it works.. Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Prime, etc.. Can view and watch all geo-locked stuff.. My next box review video will drop soon and you can see proof there.  nod.gif
Thanks for the great enlightenment bro. You sure are master of boxes!

Have yet to try Express VPN, but I have the same error at times using Nord. Asking me to change time and location. For time okay, I can comprehend but how do you change location? Blur...

h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Plus another question, how do I know that Im connected to Netlix US, or South Korea etc? The only way I check now is by the availability of James Bond movies, which are available in US but not Malaysia. Hehe
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM)

Have yet to try Express VPN, but I have the same error at times using Nord. Asking me to change time and location. For time okay, I can comprehend but how do you change location? Blur...
Turn off the location in your box setting?
QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM)
Plus another question, how do I know that Im connected to Netlix US, or South Korea etc? The only way I check now is by the availability of James Bond movies, which are available in US but not Malaysia. Hehe
For me expressvpn is set in da box not at router hence you'll know where you are connect and which server....😆
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM)

For me expressvpn is set in da box not at router hence you'll know where you are connect and which server....😆
I’ve just gotten my hand on ExpressVPN. But Netflix is giving me error, “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

Haha GG...
xswatch
post Nov 16 2020, 03:33 PM

Casual
348 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 03:20 PM)
I’ve just gotten my hand on ExpressVPN. But Netflix is giving me error, “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

Haha GG...
that's weird. I've been using expressvpn & nordvpn since 2 years ago until today. with multiple phone, tablet & TV box. never encountered that error before.
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(xswatch @ Nov 16 2020, 03:33 PM)
that's weird. I've been using expressvpn & nordvpn since 2 years ago until today. with multiple phone, tablet & TV box. never encountered that error before.
Yeah bro, it works fine on my iphone and ipad but not android box, which is very old, Mini M8S. Tried both Nord and ExpressVPN but doesnt work. Haizzzz.
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 04:32 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

Haha GG...
Connect to LA1 server and report back
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 04:34 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

[quote=h0inerve,Nov 16 2020, 03:39 PM]
Yeah bro, it works fine on my iphone and ipad but not android box, which is very old, Mini M8S. Tried both Nord and ExpressVPN but doesnt work. Haizzzz.

[/quote
For all others you may use Hollywood server except Netflix use LA1 server... Report back police you have tried
voncrane
post Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM)

Haha GG...
Try this.. Uninstall the app, reboot and connect to ExpressVPN. Disable Location in settings (Won't work for Hulu or ESPN though...this will request access).. Mine's toggled on and okay je for Netflix. Then reinstall Netflix and log back in. Should be good now.

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM)
Yeah, that's the way to find out. Search for USA specific titles. My default is "Casper".. biggrin.gif
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 09:06 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM)
Try this.. Uninstall the app, reboot and connect to ExpressVPN. Disable Location in settings (Won't work for Hulu or ESPN though...this will request access).. Mine's toggled on and okay je for Netflix. Then reinstall Netflix and log back in. Should be good now.
That's weird... I've my location turned off yet have no problem assessing Hulu ESPN
Cendol_Pulut90
post Nov 16 2020, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

Haha GG...
Close netflix app, Clear cache especially netflix, connect vpn, open netflix. I got problem like you for prime video and after clear cache all ok.
voncrane
post Nov 17 2020, 12:57 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 09:06 PM)
That's weird... I've my location turned off yet have no problem assessing Hulu ESPN
Gee, good for you.. What device again? See around the 13:50 timestamp for ESPN, and 14:30 for Hulu.. It gets asked on the Beelink GS-King X. Prolly because it's running the mobile app version?? Cuz on your Mecool KM1 Deluxe running the ESPN ATV OS version. It doesn't request for it.. Just logon via PC, connect and boom...All access.. Video editing is a pain.. Hopefully I'll be done by Thursday night at the latest.. Upload full review then. sweat.gif

QUOTE(Cendol_Pulut90 @ Nov 16 2020, 11:39 PM)
Close netflix app, Clear cache especially netflix, connect vpn, open netflix. I got problem like you for prime video and after clear cache all ok.
Yeah.. Guess for some devices have to do this..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 17 2020, 12:59 AM
h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 01:36 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM)

I have tried this, but same result. I guess it has got to do with my old box. Stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus box and with VPN everything works fine. Perhaps I'll just have to wait for my TX3 to arrive and install there.

Thanks anyway bro for the advice!
h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM)
Yeah, that's the way to find out. Search for USA specific titles. My default is "Casper".. biggrin.gif
I will wait patiently for my X3 to reach me and try again bro. My Netflix on my Mini M8S is version/build 4.16, that's the highest it can go/support for the device. Maybe, somehow affecting all these. bruce.gif

I've just stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus Box, and using Nord I can watch HD movies and Series. Truly life changing. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
All these while, I was watching perhaps 720p or lower (due to Netflix version limitation, I guess) even I am subscribing to Full HD package. Any advice on how to watch Full HD on Netflix? (For my incoming TX3). Is there any Netflix HD version of app that I would need to install?

I tried using HULU just now, but it requested for my location, so that was such a waste. Any idea how to bypass this? cool2.gif
linkinstreet
post Nov 17 2020, 08:26 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,290 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 01:45 AM)
I will wait patiently for my X3 to reach me and try again bro. My Netflix on my Mini M8S is version/build 4.16, that's the highest it can go/support for the device. Maybe, somehow affecting all these.  bruce.gif

I've just stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus Box, and using Nord I can watch HD movies and Series. Truly life changing.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
All these while, I was watching perhaps 720p or lower (due to Netflix version limitation, I guess) even I am subscribing to Full HD package. Any advice on how to watch Full HD on Netflix? (For my incoming TX3). Is there any Netflix HD version of app that I would need to install?

I tried using HULU just now, but it requested for my location, so that was such a waste. Any idea how to bypass this?  cool2.gif

Netflix only allow certified devices to be able to stream full HD and above due to DRM agreement with some of the content providers. And majority of Chinese android boxes are not in the certified list.

Some that are running Android TV like the Mi Box and Mi Stick is certified and can run Netflix at Full HD

h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Nov 17 2020, 08:26 AM)
Netflix only allow certified devices to be able to stream full HD and above due to DRM agreement with some of the content providers. And majority of Chinese android boxes are not in the certified list.

Some that are running Android TV like the Mi Box and Mi Stick is certified and can run Netflix at Full HD
Thanks for the info bro. No wonder my TM Unifi plus box can’t use Netflix. I guess due to this... hmmm I guess I’ll stick to HBO MAX for Full HD experience then.
Scissorshand
post Nov 17 2020, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 17 2020, 12:57 AM)
Gee, good for you.. What device again? See around the 13:50 timestamp for ESPN, and 14:30 for Hulu.. It gets asked on the Beelink GS-King X. Prolly because it's running the mobile app version?? Cuz on your Mecool KM1 Deluxe running the ESPN ATV OS version. It doesn't request for it.. Just logon via PC, connect and boom...All access.. Video editing is a pain.. Hopefully I'll be done by Thursday night at the latest.. Upload full review then. sweat.gif
KM3 KM9 boxes. Will watch your video above later when back home

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 01:36 AM)
I have tried this, but same result. I guess it has got to do with my old box. Stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus box and with VPN everything works fine. Perhaps I'll just have to wait for my TX3 to arrive and install there.

Thanks anyway bro for the advice!
Doubt you'll get pass Netflix 480p on any TX3 cos they ain't DRM L1 to begin with..

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Nov 17 2020, 12:57 PM
likie3 P
post Nov 17 2020, 12:04 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 09:50 AM)
Thanks for the info bro. No wonder my TM Unifi plus box can’t use Netflix. I guess due to this... hmmm I guess I’ll stick to HBO MAX for Full HD experience then.
Try this apk bro on plusbox, im using this 1 and manage to get hd
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qpt2m5hirc0...1%2529.apk/file
Scissorshand
post Nov 17 2020, 12:59 PM

Regular
1,141 posts

QUOTE(likie3 @ Nov 17 2020, 12:04 PM)
I can concur the above apk gets up to 1080p as I recalled for KM9 KM3 with DRM L1 ATV boxes but needs to pair with wireless mouse 😆

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Nov 17 2020, 01:01 PM
voncrane
post Nov 19 2020, 02:41 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

Hey all..Fresh off the oven. It's my review of the Google Certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe running Android TV OS...version 10 and all legit.. It's not as powerful as the S922X-H SoC equipped Beelink GS-King X.. But I can say it's a better streamer if one can overlook the few nit-picky cons and grey area stuffs. I welcome comments here and or on the video.. Thanks to Scissorshand for lending me his unit for this review. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Show some love y'all.. Enjoy!

h0inerve
post Dec 2 2020, 07:30 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Omg, you’re a life saver bro. Just notice this, sorry for the late reply. I manage to install the apk on the Plusbox, finally without any error!

It prompted me to update tho after installing, can I update or just ignore? (Chose to ignore now).

Thank you so much. It can’t work with the VPN tho but at least Netflix is alive on the Unifi plusbox. Thank you sir!
voncrane
post Dec 2 2020, 08:20 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Dec 2 2020, 07:30 PM)
Omg, you’re a life saver bro. Just notice this, sorry for the late reply. I manage to install the apk on the Plusbox, finally without any error!

It prompted me to update tho after installing, can I update or just ignore? (Chose to ignore now).

Thank you so much. It can’t work with the VPN tho but at least Netflix is alive on the Unifi plusbox. Thank you sir!
Correct, always choose the ignore option.. Thankfully and unlike some services, Netflix doesn't yet force everyone to use the latest app version to view content.
vhs1
post Dec 4 2020, 01:51 PM

Regular
1,620 posts

QUOTE(phoenix69 @ Aug 14 2020, 11:30 AM)
6 Years ago: Look for TV box based on technical performance (Chip Type/RAM/Reviews reference) , plan to learn all about KODI, Setting up the streaming source. Downloading the app (Kena Bayar) .... I Give Up .. That TV Box is gathering dust somewhere in the store.  bangwall.gif

Everything is still there but now got 2 more Naughty TV and VOD app  brows.gif

Conclusion: Being technical does not can't beat blind luck  doh.gif
What is naughty TV, vod app?

voncrane
post Dec 4 2020, 09:53 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(vhs1 @ Dec 4 2020, 01:51 PM)
What is naughty TV, vod app?
Most likely XXX rated stuff...
C-Note
post Dec 9 2020, 08:27 AM

starry starry night
3,037 posts

QUOTE(junclj @ Aug 1 2020, 12:55 PM)

Does myiptv4k work in other countries eg hk?
GuyM
post Dec 9 2020, 01:45 PM

Regular
1,421 posts

QUOTE(C-Note @ Dec 9 2020, 08:27 AM)
Does myiptv4k work in other countries eg hk?
You may try log in using vpn from other country to test
stormchaser
post Dec 10 2020, 09:13 AM

love your neighbour, help serve society
591 posts

yesterday they upgraded a new version... now all other apps cannot be accessed already.. or am i missing something?
voncrane
post Dec 10 2020, 01:28 PM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(stormchaser @ Dec 10 2020, 09:13 AM)
yesterday they upgraded a new version... now all other apps cannot be accessed already.. or am i missing something?
Erm...I think we are missing something from your post... Wrong thread?
vhs1
post Dec 10 2020, 07:38 PM

Regular
1,620 posts

What happen?
adamletham
post Dec 10 2020, 10:40 PM

13 posts

Looking to get a box to stream SyberTV. I don't have AOTG or Netflix.

Would you guys recommend Xiaomi Mi Box S or TX3/6/6S?
voncrane
post Dec 11 2020, 12:38 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(adamletham @ Dec 10 2020, 10:40 PM)
Looking to get a box to stream SyberTV. I don't have AOTG or Netflix.

Would you guys recommend Xiaomi Mi Box S or TX3/6/6S?
Want Netflix? Go with the Xiaomi Mi Box S...
Want AOTG with a bit more flexibility? Look into the Tanix devices.

I haven't tried SyberTV myself... But I reckon it'll fare better on a Tanix device than the Mi Box S.. I'm guessing regular Android OS would handle nicer.
ad2000
post Dec 11 2020, 12:20 PM

Casual
316 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Dec 11 2020, 12:38 AM)
Want Netflix? Go with the Xiaomi Mi Box S...
Want AOTG with a bit more flexibility? Look into the Tanix devices.

I haven't tried SyberTV myself... But I reckon it'll fare better on a Tanix device than the Mi Box S.. I'm guessing regular Android OS would handle nicer.
I concur ..Tested SyberTV and sideloaded it on my Shield and Beelink GT King..it will work on ATV but controls are finicky and limited. Normal android box works best

This post has been edited by ad2000: Dec 11 2020, 12:21 PM
Drian
post Dec 20 2020, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,818 posts

Do get the branded one , I bought Minix U9H which is a higher than average android box. Can't even use netflix and it had the typical android lag.

Bought the Apple TV4k , big difference in stability, smoothness and app support.

Only get those android box if you're planning on using it on jack sparrow channel.

voncrane
post Dec 21 2020, 01:39 AM

Noir et fier!
6,931 posts

QUOTE(Drian @ Dec 20 2020, 10:20 PM)
Do get the branded one , I bought Minix U9H which is a higher than average android box. Can't even use netflix and it had the typical android lag.

Bought the Apple TV4k , big difference in stability, smoothness and app support.

Only get those android box if you're planning on using it on jack sparrow channel.
*Can't even use Netflix on it.. Can but you will be limited by the max res 540p.. Either that or you find some hacked apk to allow up to 1080p or more.. This is basic knowledge for all non-Netflix-certified devices. I always advise people who seek the best Netflix experience, to begin with their TVs. The built-in Netflix app on decent TVs works pretty well.

*Typical android lag.. I beg to disagree. Minix prides itself in shipping as close to vanilla Android as possible. Some custom ROM chefs actually "borrow" or convert their firmware to run on other non-Minix devices. Yes, they are that good. Perhaps you bought a Neo U9-h from some dunno seller who pre-installed crap apps and services which bogged down your system.. Well, that or user problem (we all learning).

*Bought Apple TV 4K and happy.. yeah sure, that is expected and I'm happy for you... Ultimately, you got what you wanted. There are limitations to using the Apple TV 4K box. Limitations that don't exist in the Android ecosystem. Perhaps you should compare an Apple TV 4K with the latest or heck older-gen Nvidia Shield TV Box (runs proper Android TV OS). I'm sure you'll also notice big differences in stability, smoothness, and app support...not only from the Minix Neo U9-H, but also when compared with the Apple TV 4K.

*Nope...Just like smartphones or computers. Android boxes have "levels". Exhibit A below.... The Beelink GT-King Pro & GS-King X I reviewed are even faster, although not Google certified. I installed plenty choice legit apps on both boxes and even dual-booted OS on the Beelink (which can run 5 different Operating Systems).. You can verify the absence of any "typical android lag". Trust me, a good box done right will serve you well.

cfc
post Dec 23 2020, 11:32 PM

Casual
372 posts

Does it need lvl1 certified TV box for this apk to work ?
I try on my s905x3 box.seems only can get SD. And it is kinda slow and laggy on the content / interface loading .
With coreelec , i can get HD720 with netflix , 1080 working partially but has frame drop issue.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0400sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2021 - 03:53 AM