Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Android Box advice?

views

h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 09:50 AM)
Oh you are welcome....About Beelink versus Tanix devices.. To be fair, I can't categorically state that Beelink is miles better than Tanix, because I'm yet to personally play with either Tanix boxes. However, specs and features-wise? I can say that Beelink wins. You can triple boot OSes (Android, EmuELEC, CoreELEC) and there are a few verified custom ROMs for em. Kodi (my favorite app) also runs great on em. Using CoreELEC, you can have Netflix @1080p and DD audio on most Beelink boxes. Tanix? probably still the usual 540p max (i stand corrected if other owners can confirm otherwise). The major pro for Tanix devices at this time is that Asterruk Go app (with some hackery cuz rooted, etc) works on some of their boxes. Problem is, they'll only work until something is changed on Asterruk's end that makes them incompatible. So might not even work in a few days or weeks. Minix boxes used to be king and my default recommendation (for years) to those who's criteria is to run the Asterruk Go app. The app would be updated over and over again and yet Minix boxes would just update and keep playing smoothly. But then fee months back.. Stuff got changed and they began experiencing problems.

Edit: Make that quad-booting capable. Manjaro Linux can now be used on Beelink boxes like the GT-King Pro and the GS-King X. It's currently in Alpha stage though. but for tinkerers like myself. This is excellent news. Means that with a little more time, I can turn the Beelink GS-King X into a full-fledged Linux powered NAS device. For now, that means ditching Android for good, cuz Manjaro needs to run off the on-board eMMc storage.. Eagerly awaiting USB/SD card bootable support.  thumbup.gif
Try ExpressVPN bro.. I did and yep it works... Had to change system time and location stuff to match.. But yeah, it works.. Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, Prime, etc.. Can view and watch all geo-locked stuff.. My next box review video will drop soon and you can see proof there.  nod.gif
Thanks for the great enlightenment bro. You sure are master of boxes!

Have yet to try Express VPN, but I have the same error at times using Nord. Asking me to change time and location. For time okay, I can comprehend but how do you change location? Blur...

h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

Plus another question, how do I know that Im connected to Netlix US, or South Korea etc? The only way I check now is by the availability of James Bond movies, which are available in US but not Malaysia. Hehe
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM)

Have yet to try Express VPN, but I have the same error at times using Nord. Asking me to change time and location. For time okay, I can comprehend but how do you change location? Blur...
Turn off the location in your box setting?
QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM)
Plus another question, how do I know that Im connected to Netlix US, or South Korea etc? The only way I check now is by the availability of James Bond movies, which are available in US but not Malaysia. Hehe
For me expressvpn is set in da box not at router hence you'll know where you are connect and which server....😆
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 03:20 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM)

For me expressvpn is set in da box not at router hence you'll know where you are connect and which server....😆
I’ve just gotten my hand on ExpressVPN. But Netflix is giving me error, “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

Haha GG...
xswatch
post Nov 16 2020, 03:33 PM

Casual
330 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 03:20 PM)
I’ve just gotten my hand on ExpressVPN. But Netflix is giving me error, “You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again.”

Haha GG...
that's weird. I've been using expressvpn & nordvpn since 2 years ago until today. with multiple phone, tablet & TV box. never encountered that error before.
h0inerve
post Nov 16 2020, 03:39 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(xswatch @ Nov 16 2020, 03:33 PM)
that's weird. I've been using expressvpn & nordvpn since 2 years ago until today. with multiple phone, tablet & TV box. never encountered that error before.
Yeah bro, it works fine on my iphone and ipad but not android box, which is very old, Mini M8S. Tried both Nord and ExpressVPN but doesnt work. Haizzzz.
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 04:32 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

Haha GG...
Connect to LA1 server and report back
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 04:34 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

[quote=h0inerve,Nov 16 2020, 03:39 PM]
Yeah bro, it works fine on my iphone and ipad but not android box, which is very old, Mini M8S. Tried both Nord and ExpressVPN but doesnt work. Haizzzz.

[/quote
For all others you may use Hollywood server except Netflix use LA1 server... Report back police you have tried
voncrane
post Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM

Noir et fier!
6,880 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 12:08 PM)

Haha GG...
Try this.. Uninstall the app, reboot and connect to ExpressVPN. Disable Location in settings (Won't work for Hulu or ESPN though...this will request access).. Mine's toggled on and okay je for Netflix. Then reinstall Netflix and log back in. Should be good now.

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 16 2020, 01:39 PM)
Yeah, that's the way to find out. Search for USA specific titles. My default is "Casper".. biggrin.gif
Scissorshand
post Nov 16 2020, 09:06 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM)
Try this.. Uninstall the app, reboot and connect to ExpressVPN. Disable Location in settings (Won't work for Hulu or ESPN though...this will request access).. Mine's toggled on and okay je for Netflix. Then reinstall Netflix and log back in. Should be good now.
That's weird... I've my location turned off yet have no problem assessing Hulu ESPN
Cendol_Pulut90
post Nov 16 2020, 11:39 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

Haha GG...
Close netflix app, Clear cache especially netflix, connect vpn, open netflix. I got problem like you for prime video and after clear cache all ok.
voncrane
post Nov 17 2020, 12:57 AM

Noir et fier!
6,880 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 09:06 PM)
That's weird... I've my location turned off yet have no problem assessing Hulu ESPN
Gee, good for you.. What device again? See around the 13:50 timestamp for ESPN, and 14:30 for Hulu.. It gets asked on the Beelink GS-King X. Prolly because it's running the mobile app version?? Cuz on your Mecool KM1 Deluxe running the ESPN ATV OS version. It doesn't request for it.. Just logon via PC, connect and boom...All access.. Video editing is a pain.. Hopefully I'll be done by Thursday night at the latest.. Upload full review then. sweat.gif

QUOTE(Cendol_Pulut90 @ Nov 16 2020, 11:39 PM)
Close netflix app, Clear cache especially netflix, connect vpn, open netflix. I got problem like you for prime video and after clear cache all ok.
Yeah.. Guess for some devices have to do this..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Nov 17 2020, 12:59 AM
h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 01:36 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Nov 16 2020, 02:53 PM)

I have tried this, but same result. I guess it has got to do with my old box. Stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus box and with VPN everything works fine. Perhaps I'll just have to wait for my TX3 to arrive and install there.

Thanks anyway bro for the advice!
h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 16 2020, 08:02 PM)
Yeah, that's the way to find out. Search for USA specific titles. My default is "Casper".. biggrin.gif
I will wait patiently for my X3 to reach me and try again bro. My Netflix on my Mini M8S is version/build 4.16, that's the highest it can go/support for the device. Maybe, somehow affecting all these. bruce.gif

I've just stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus Box, and using Nord I can watch HD movies and Series. Truly life changing. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
All these while, I was watching perhaps 720p or lower (due to Netflix version limitation, I guess) even I am subscribing to Full HD package. Any advice on how to watch Full HD on Netflix? (For my incoming TX3). Is there any Netflix HD version of app that I would need to install?

I tried using HULU just now, but it requested for my location, so that was such a waste. Any idea how to bypass this? cool2.gif
linkinstreet
post Nov 17 2020, 08:26 AM

Red Bull Addict
Group Icon
8,284 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 01:45 AM)
I will wait patiently for my X3 to reach me and try again bro. My Netflix on my Mini M8S is version/build 4.16, that's the highest it can go/support for the device. Maybe, somehow affecting all these.  bruce.gif

I've just stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus Box, and using Nord I can watch HD movies and Series. Truly life changing.  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif
All these while, I was watching perhaps 720p or lower (due to Netflix version limitation, I guess) even I am subscribing to Full HD package. Any advice on how to watch Full HD on Netflix? (For my incoming TX3). Is there any Netflix HD version of app that I would need to install?

I tried using HULU just now, but it requested for my location, so that was such a waste. Any idea how to bypass this?  cool2.gif

Netflix only allow certified devices to be able to stream full HD and above due to DRM agreement with some of the content providers. And majority of Chinese android boxes are not in the certified list.

Some that are running Android TV like the Mi Box and Mi Stick is certified and can run Netflix at Full HD

h0inerve
post Nov 17 2020, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
160 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ Nov 17 2020, 08:26 AM)
Netflix only allow certified devices to be able to stream full HD and above due to DRM agreement with some of the content providers. And majority of Chinese android boxes are not in the certified list.

Some that are running Android TV like the Mi Box and Mi Stick is certified and can run Netflix at Full HD
Thanks for the info bro. No wonder my TM Unifi plus box can’t use Netflix. I guess due to this... hmmm I guess I’ll stick to HBO MAX for Full HD experience then.
Scissorshand
post Nov 17 2020, 11:26 AM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Nov 17 2020, 12:57 AM)
Gee, good for you.. What device again? See around the 13:50 timestamp for ESPN, and 14:30 for Hulu.. It gets asked on the Beelink GS-King X. Prolly because it's running the mobile app version?? Cuz on your Mecool KM1 Deluxe running the ESPN ATV OS version. It doesn't request for it.. Just logon via PC, connect and boom...All access.. Video editing is a pain.. Hopefully I'll be done by Thursday night at the latest.. Upload full review then. sweat.gif
KM3 KM9 boxes. Will watch your video above later when back home

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 01:36 AM)
I have tried this, but same result. I guess it has got to do with my old box. Stream installed HBO MAX on my TM Unifi Plus box and with VPN everything works fine. Perhaps I'll just have to wait for my TX3 to arrive and install there.

Thanks anyway bro for the advice!
Doubt you'll get pass Netflix 480p on any TX3 cos they ain't DRM L1 to begin with..

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Nov 17 2020, 12:57 PM
likie3 P
post Nov 17 2020, 12:04 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(h0inerve @ Nov 17 2020, 09:50 AM)
Thanks for the info bro. No wonder my TM Unifi plus box can’t use Netflix. I guess due to this... hmmm I guess I’ll stick to HBO MAX for Full HD experience then.
Try this apk bro on plusbox, im using this 1 and manage to get hd
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qpt2m5hirc0...1%2529.apk/file
Scissorshand
post Nov 17 2020, 12:59 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

QUOTE(likie3 @ Nov 17 2020, 12:04 PM)
Try this apk bro on plusbox, im using this 1 and manage to get hd
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qpt2m5hirc0...1%2529.apk/file
I can concur the above apk gets up to 1080p as I recalled for KM9 KM3 with DRM L1 ATV boxes but needs to pair with wireless mouse 😆

This post has been edited by Scissorshand: Nov 17 2020, 01:01 PM
voncrane
post Nov 19 2020, 02:41 PM

Noir et fier!
6,880 posts

Hey all..Fresh off the oven. It's my review of the Google Certified Mecool KM1 Deluxe running Android TV OS...version 10 and all legit.. It's not as powerful as the S922X-H SoC equipped Beelink GS-King X.. But I can say it's a better streamer if one can overlook the few nit-picky cons and grey area stuffs. I welcome comments here and or on the video.. Thanks to Scissorshand for lending me his unit for this review. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif Show some love y'all.. Enjoy!

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    1.01    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th November 2020 - 11:56 AM