Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

59 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »  
RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> >~.:PROTON Problems Official Thread:.~<, NOTIFY YOU PROBLEMS HERE ONLY!

allankoh007
post Dec 15 2009, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

GooD Day,
Aiseh.... my Waja Campro 1.6E starting giving me problems after cruising for 116K km ++. My engine warning beam is light although the car is cruising at normal speed. All the dashboard light keep blinking without reason whenever i step the brake pedal. Although, with all the problem the engine and fuel consumption still working perfectly. I just drove to K.L - Penang - Ipoh - Teluk Intan - K.L. Range covered 1,000 km ++. No problem at all.

Send to Proton SC only diagnosed as Brake Switch failure. Part replaced but still the same. Now awaiting appointment with Proton's Engineer to verify the wiring problem. Everything came so sudden only. Well, hopefully all able to fix after handling by Proton's Engineer. Their mechanic failed to rectify the problem.

Up date again after the appointment.

This post has been edited by allankoh007: Dec 15 2009, 09:36 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flipmode
post Dec 15 2009, 06:14 PM

i own a waja. although it bring me lots of headache, i still luv my car.. donno..maybe my 1st car. fuhh..campro 2007 more comfortable actually than 2005 model and below... 2 years and 3 month using it. a 2002 model. i advise to anyone that wanna buy waja, go for another model, the price maybe drop alot next year. coz it is 10 years old model. huhu..sure price drop kaw2 next year sad.gif

power window - 150
door handle - 30
fuel pump - 450
wiper link - 45
lower arm- 45
2nd throttle body - 350
absorber & spring - 600
mounting - 150

i get the 2nd hand throttle body from my friend..if i buy new one, it will cost 2000..pergh...but its still ok for me, heard from my friend, his friend own a e46 model, his car broke down..and u know wat the best thing?, he have to make personnal loan to fix the car..damn..14k..wuhhuu

This post has been edited by flipmode: Dec 15 2009, 06:15 PM
+Quote Post
allankoh007
post Dec 17 2009, 09:25 AM

Getting Started

Good Luck for me . My Waja Campro 1.6E, is fixed by Proton's engineer. Rectifying doggy wiring which causes all the crazy electronic malfunction and engine light is switch on all the time.
Cost me Rm 128 . So far tested the car is back to tip top again. Well done, Proton SC at Bandar Baru Klang.

+Quote Post
allankoh007
post Dec 18 2009, 08:55 AM

Getting Started

My Waja Campro, year 2007 been serving me well all this long but of coz wear and tear is unavoidable. Frankly, when i first received this car from my company as my daily transport , is really upset me coz all this long i heard and read through lots of complaint. The interior built up quality is not up to my expectation that time but after driving for more than 1 year and covered 90,000 km++ i changed my mind. The result and durability is performed better than my previous expectation.

I have the other car Nissan Sentra 1.8 XG-L, year 2007 too. Of course i can't compare Nissan and Proton due to huge different in pricing. Believe it or not, for me. I love the Waja Campro more than my Nissan Sentra N16.

Shit, only in this week i was bullied by a modified Kancil when i was driving along in Federal Highway from Klang to K.L. I can't even catch the fellow up with my Engine QG18DE which generate 128 hp. My car got no pick up due to heavy chasis. If that time i was driving my Waja Campro i'm sure win.

Anyway, the Proton Waja Campro is company car and Nissan Sentra is i owned it.

Added on December 21, 2009, 5:57 pm
QUOTE(enzim10 @ Dec 11 2009, 11:26 PM)
my current car got gear box auto problem ... and need change gear box..

my car is satria 1.6 xli auto

i got offer from one friend for 4g67 gear box auto for rm 500.

my question.. is that this gear box good? and fit my current engine nicely? how the fuel consumption..performance.. quality? i really noob on this..

if i not mistaken my satria engine is 4g91/92..like that

i also want ask.. how much fee to pay workshop to install this gear box?? thxx
Bro,
Your P.Satria is powertrain confirmed is 4G92. Compatibility , you really need to confirm the gear ratio between your original specification between the auto tranny . Performance wise, not big different with your current because your power plant is still the same and your current pick up should be faster due to shorter ratio between each gear because Mitsubishi 4G67 powerplant generate Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 135 ps (99.29 kw) / 6300 rpm and Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm 16.2 kg*m (158.87 N*m) / 4500 .

Installation should be cheap but you need to change the auto gear too well best quote around for best price.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Good Luck !! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by allankoh007: Dec 21 2009, 05:57 PM
+Quote Post
aun1986
post Dec 21 2009, 10:43 PM

Getting Started

I just bought a proton persona, the problem is when i release the gas and pressing the clutch (manual) , the rpm go up ~ ( i din hit the gas, i already release the gas 1 second ago) , izzit the new technology or a problem? HELP ~
+Quote Post
sphiroth
post Dec 22 2009, 12:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(aun1986 @ Dec 21 2009, 10:43 PM)
I just bought a proton persona, the problem is when i release the gas and pressing the clutch (manual) , the rpm go up ~ ( i din hit the gas, i already release the gas 1 second ago) , izzit the new technology or a problem? HELP ~
I also got that 'problem' before but almost entirely disappeared after I changed my extractor to 4-2-1.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
aun1986
post Dec 22 2009, 01:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(sphiroth @ Dec 22 2009, 12:04 AM)
I also got that 'problem' before but almost entirely disappeared after I changed my extractor to 4-2-1.
OMG...why u change ur extractor leh....how the respond? better power and how the FC?
i heard that the Persona catalytic converter different d leh....correct me if i wrong
+Quote Post
xshiro
post Dec 22 2009, 06:35 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lord_nasherz @ Nov 12 2009, 10:17 AM)
my new neo has cit cit cit sound at the front passenger's seat. it really annoys me. what's wrong eh?

other than that, neo is a very good car. love the handling... the torque is just okay for normal drive...
try tightening the seat nuts...

This post has been edited by xshiro: Dec 22 2009, 06:36 AM
+Quote Post
jonny4
post Dec 23 2009, 06:41 PM

Regular

I own a Satria Special Edition and I have had all the usual probs. Currently the probs are faulty door lock motor on the driver side door and a leaking boot. The boot has been leaking since I bought it 4 years ago. I sent it thrice to the SC and after the third time 2 years ago I thought they solved the water leak. However, 2 weeks ago I took my spare tyre out for cleaning and discovered a small pool of water in the spare tyre are. So I guess they never did fix the leak. Anyone know a good place to fix the leak ?

As for the door problem, it all started last week when the driver side door got "superlocked" and could not open from inside or outside manually or with the key. Went to a mechanic and he tells me the motor is going to go off soon but is still usable. So he told me to replace it only when it really is totally gone. He just cleaned the lock mechanism and sprayed some oil. Just now out of a sudden the same driver side door decides to get superlocked again. Luckily i managed to unlock it with some brute strength and good timing. I think i'm just going to wait till the motor really goes off before I bring it to the mechanic again. I have been to the mechanic 3 times already this month for all sorts of different problems that don't seem to happen at the same time. The whole process of going to the mechanic that involves waiting and spending half a day there is really pissing me off.
+Quote Post
crook_caunter
post Dec 23 2009, 07:27 PM

Group: New Member

haii...can anyone help me with this..

i bought 2nd hand wira last 2 weeks..it seems nice..but only 1 problem,
if i drive with passengers, mmm bout 3 people in the car, the exzos make a loud noise if i langgar lubang..not only lubang but if jalan bukit2 also..i mean jalan x rata la...i thought the exzos kena body or tayar..then i went to exzos shop..he said nothing wrong with the ekzos..anyone got idea???is it about the absorber??
+Quote Post
rida.b
post Dec 23 2009, 09:24 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chicano @ Dec 16 2008, 09:26 AM)
My savvy AMT having a problem recently. Auto warning light turns on and cannot change gear. Also jerking in low RPM.
I sent my car to COE last week and they told me 3 parts need to change to fix this problem.

1. Modulate Actuator - RM9674.72
2. Cylinder clutch - RM2764.38
3. Electro Pump - RM2006.05

My car is just 2 years old and milage is 48K. Warranty expired on Sept 08.
Who the hell want to pay RM15K just to fix car? Anybody have the same problem?
Any advice? Is it possible to appeal to proton to claim this under warranty?  icon_question.gif

=====================================================

Hmm...no reply?
Err...I know this happen like a year ago but just wanna share my experience with my AMT Savvy

I had the same problem last year, the AMT start flashing AUTO amber lite when drive in auto and that time mileage reach 45K. Sent to SC more than 5 times (3x in Cheras, 2x in Kepong) and the technicians keep quoting "wiring or electronic prob". I might not well versed in technical stuffs but it does fishy already.

Then, one day the gear box just stuck at N an cannot move at all and we had to call i-Proton and was advised to call our insurance to tow the car to SC. Guess what, SC in Kepong dunno wht happen to the car and fix abit here and there and ask us to send the car to HQ (Shah Alam) doh.gif . Otw to HQ, car gearbox jammed again in Subang. Call tow truck again vmad.gif

Reach there, was hold up for almost 2 hours then the engineers came out and says had to leave the car for a day for fully inspection. Next day came as per appointment and was advised that the HYDRAULIC PUMP was defect and need to change. Some tech lingo and quotation total goes to RM20K. I went beserk coz my car was less than 2 years and was maintain in good service record. And the engineer have the nerve to say I could be 'abusing' my car as it is a FRENCH build engine, not Japan. Bla,bla,bla...he said probably need a month to fix the car.

Ok lah after they fixed and all and they said all charges being lieu except I have to pay some service fee around RM150 (maybe coz I make really 'good' feedback email to Proton ppl...dunno).

Till today, after the the major MAJOR service, Savvy had no big prob except I can't get over the amount I have to pay for changing Timing Belt, wheel bearing, battery and service around rm2k. Probably had to look for generic parts after this or buy import cars,..coz am paying the same amount of money maintaining my Savvy with Toyota cars. shakehead.gif shakehead.gif shakehead.gif
+Quote Post
thomasyss
post Jan 3 2010, 11:30 AM

Group: New Member

hi, i am a newbie with car, and i jus hav a 2nd hand proton wira 1.5 M (2002). when i test the car in workshop, there were no major problem..
now i'm having a critical problem which the CHECK ENGINE WARNING LAMP -AMBER is on when i driving for long distance..

can any1 experts pls teach me wat should i do, the manual told me that THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM, CONTACT YOUR NEAREST AUTHORISED PROTON DEALER.

is this a serious problem?
will it cost alot to fix it?
+Quote Post
wormyx
post Jan 7 2010, 03:54 PM

Casual

im driving satria neo..recently i met accident and the workshop told me that the ecu box got effected as well, coz they found rust under the ecu box due to water has leaked before this.and when they talk with proton they said ecu cant be replaced if got wet by water(rain)..advice pls..
+Quote Post
allankoh007
post Jan 8 2010, 09:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(wormyx @ Jan 7 2010, 03:54 PM)
im driving satria neo..recently i met accident and the workshop told me that the ecu box got effected as well, coz they found rust under the ecu box due to water has leaked before this.and when they talk with proton they said ecu cant be replaced if got wet by water(rain)..advice pls..
Hi,
If you had an accident claiming the insurances for repair , it should be liable by the insurances company to repair and fixed back your car to tip top conditions. This apply to car up to 5 years age. All parts replace shall be genuine only. Ask the mechanic to replace the parts since you had an accident lately. Blame it as part from the accident ask your insurance agent to do it or workshop.

Proton of course will deny all the responsible since you only realized after the event of accident. If before any accident you shoot them till to the press. Anyway, flood and etc is NOT included in the car insurance coverage unless added premium for it.

This post has been edited by allankoh007: Jan 8 2010, 09:41 AM
+Quote Post
wormyx
post Jan 8 2010, 10:51 AM

Casual

QUOTE(allankoh007 @ Jan 8 2010, 09:39 AM)
Hi,
    If you had an accident claiming the insurances for repair , it should be liable by the insurances company to repair and fixed back your car to tip top conditions. This apply to car up to 5 years age. All parts replace shall be genuine only. Ask the mechanic to replace the parts since you had an accident lately. Blame it as part from the accident ask your insurance agent to do it or workshop.

Proton of course will deny all the responsible since you only realized after the event of accident. If before any accident you shoot them till to the press. Anyway, flood and etc is NOT included in the car insurance coverage unless added premium for it.
thank you bro, at last my workshop fella changed to a new ecu box..no prob now..
+Quote Post
allankoh007
post Jan 8 2010, 11:09 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(crook_caunter @ Dec 23 2009, 07:27 PM)

if i drive with passengers, mmm bout 3 people in the car, the exzos make a loud noise if i langgar lubang..not only lubang but if jalan bukit2 also..i mean jalan x rata la...i thought the exzos kena body or tayar..then i went to exzos shop..he said nothing wrong with the ekzos..anyone got idea???is it about the absorber??
Have you check the exhaust mounting under your car. It might be the answer you looking forward. If is spoil just replace it.

Added on January 8, 2010, 11:10 pm
QUOTE(wormyx @ Jan 8 2010, 10:51 AM)
thank you bro, at last my workshop fella changed to a new ecu box..no prob now..
Good to hear that thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by allankoh007: Jan 8 2010, 11:10 PM
+Quote Post
aun1986
post Jan 9 2010, 07:23 AM

Getting Started

P/S: SOUND FROM FRONT BOTTOM BAR THERE ! ! ! (proton persona)

Once I turining my car to the right and if the road is flat, it creates a "crrak crak" sound.....and i ask the mechanic he said that 6 out of 10 car will like that, BLM saga, Exopra, Persona

What he can help me is just "HIGHLIGHT" this issue to HQ.....but...do i trust him??? do any1 faced this issue b4???

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Added on January 9, 2010, 7:32 am
QUOTE(thomasyss @ Jan 3 2010, 11:30 AM)
hi, i am a newbie with car, and i jus hav a 2nd hand proton wira 1.5 M (2002). when i test the car in workshop, there were no major problem..
now i'm having a critical problem which the CHECK ENGINE WARNING LAMP -AMBER is on when i driving for long distance..

can any1 experts pls teach me wat should i do, the manual told me that THERE IS A PROBLEM IN THE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM, CONTACT YOUR NEAREST AUTHORISED PROTON DEALER.

is this a serious problem?
will it cost alot to fix it?
General Knowledge:

What i know is actually the sensor for the "Check engine" is located at ur extrator exhaust pipe there (u'll easily spot that)

The Use of the sensor

THe use of the sensor is to scan the temperature or oxigen (i believe just temperature scan only)
=If it hot then only the car radiator fan only will spin ~ if it cant scan it.....mean.....the fan is stop

Do you change ur exhaust system recently?

Added on January 9, 2010, 7:36 am
QUOTE(crook_caunter @ Dec 23 2009, 07:27 PM)

izzit a sound like "ping ping ring" sound?
My friend faced like this b4....he said is the "Bar" loose d.....i think should only the anti-roll bar ba....

correct me if I'm wrong

This post has been edited by aun1986: Jan 9 2010, 07:36 AM
+Quote Post
JoLee
post Jan 9 2010, 11:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(rida.b @ Dec 23 2009, 09:24 PM)
Err...I know this happen like a year ago but just wanna share my experience with my AMT Savvy

I had the same problem last year, the AMT start flashing AUTO amber lite when drive in auto and that time mileage reach 45K. Sent to SC more than 5 times (3x in Cheras, 2x in Kepong) and the technicians keep quoting "wiring or electronic prob". I might not well versed in technical stuffs but it does fishy already.

Then, one day the gear box just stuck at N an cannot move at all and we had to call i-Proton and was advised to call our insurance to tow the car to SC. Guess what, SC in Kepong dunno wht happen to the car and fix abit here and there and ask us to send the car to HQ (Shah Alam)  doh.gif . Otw to HQ, car gearbox jammed again in Subang. Call tow truck again  vmad.gif

Reach there, was hold up for almost 2 hours then the engineers came out and says had to leave the car for a day for fully inspection. Next day came as per appointment and was advised that the HYDRAULIC PUMP was defect and need to change. Some tech lingo and quotation total goes to RM20K. I went beserk coz my car was less than 2 years and was maintain in good service record. And the engineer have the nerve to say I could be 'abusing' my car as it is a FRENCH build engine, not Japan. Bla,bla,bla...he said probably need a month to fix the car.

Ok lah after they fixed and all and they said all charges being lieu except I have to pay some service fee around RM150 (maybe coz I make really 'good' feedback email to Proton ppl...dunno).

Till today, after the the major MAJOR service, Savvy had no big prob except I can't get over the amount I have to pay for changing Timing Belt, wheel bearing, battery and service around rm2k. Probably had to look for generic parts after this or buy import cars,..coz am paying the same amount of money maintaining my Savvy with Toyota cars. shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif
Just sent my stupid waja campro to Proton Edar. My complain was quite minor that the abs and brake light will turn on intermittently while driving. My car is also just past 2 years and full service with Proton. Apparently the diagnostic unit kaput already (small black colour box in the engine bay) and they want RM4600 for it. Looks like it is a rip off as the car certainly has got quality problem. I am never going to buy another proton car again.

I emphatize with you as RM2k is hell a lot of money to pay for a small car.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
MjMax15
post Jan 12 2010, 12:02 PM

◕ ◡ ◕

my persona already 2 yr old now smile.gif
but my minor problem still unsolved by SC
- while driving, sound 'kak' 'kak' from rear.
- when braking while taking corner at the junction, feel the vibration- izzit related with wheel balancing?
+Quote Post
mazda626
post Jan 14 2010, 12:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Guys, i am newbie in car tread - i confused with my Pesona SE.

After switch-off the aircond, it seems the air still flowing in even though the fan & aircond off. Is that normal ? Or may your guys may lead me to Pesona SE tread. Thanks
+Quote Post

59 Pages « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0582sec    3.06    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:12 PM