8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problem with upstairs neighbor condo, Dragging chair

views

Turtlez84
post May 28 2020, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ May 28 2020, 10:58 AM)
Most of all, I am annoyed cause I can't sleep. Can't help it that I am a light sleeper.

Secondly, what kinda human beings run around and make so much noise till 4 am every other night?
Haha. Kids mostly. The middle east family below me kids dont sleep after 12am. Running and screaming until 5am...tell me how to sleep la... Its definitely not pipes. This happen during puasa month. Now macam dont have already
SUSpundi
post May 28 2020, 11:50 AM

Enthusiast
789 posts

highrise negative is like that
kamfoo
post May 28 2020, 12:35 PM

Enthusiast
793 posts

landed also same problem
Lykpoogi
post May 28 2020, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
89 posts

That is the problem when staying in a condo, my upstairs, I don’t is upstairs or above, slamming the door at 1am, furniture dragging at the earlier morning, heavy footsteps sounds. One way I do is totally ignores the sounds, if you put all the attention to those sounds, you will hear the sounds every time,Because you are concentrating on its. If you cannot do that, you should move out, but if you still want to looking for condo, you cannot avoid that problem.
precept66
post May 28 2020, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,054 posts

TS is a very patient guy. If those shitholes faces with tougher guys, they will be miserable to remain there for another day.
pillage2001
post May 28 2020, 02:09 PM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(Pitiuran @ May 28 2020, 11:13 AM)
When was it ?
Before raya ?
Well I hint to you
Probably cooking before day time come

Try take  1mg melatonin
Don’t take those slow release ones
Or more than 1 mg else you feel drowsy
And expose urself to car accident
Or you can cut the pill into half
I don't wanna take any melatonin as I heard one can be dependent on it. Anyhow, I have to wake up at 7 am for meetings so I don't think I wanna wake up with a drowsy state. lol.

But if really need, I guess I would have to in time. I don't mind so much on the weekdays but when it comes to weekend, I really want to sleep in but they just can't stop....
pillage2001
post May 28 2020, 02:13 PM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(Pitiuran @ May 28 2020, 11:11 AM)
How the heck can you be treaspass when you haven’t entered their unit ? Your upstairs neighbor must be retarded

I never believe in plastering my ceiling, what for ? I knew there be noise upstairs and this shows I don’t own my ceiling

Yeah my MO is just as retarded as yours. They drag like every 2 hours and MO expect me to sit there in middle of the night holding on to my hand phone recording
Even then my phone got storage limitation
The guard and MO are stupid dumb fack

I managed to record but I have issue to paste on gmail and send it out even have issue to compress the giant file. As you said lah after recording also sounded very soft.
I don't know how I can be trespassing by pasting a note on his gate. he told the management that he felt threatened by me and will go to the police the next time. I told the management to remember to call me when that happens so I can fetch him to make the report.

I have this app that can record when there are sounds but for those one off sounds, you know the phone won't be able to react fast enough to capture anything. I tried to record a video when they had this motor ( which sounds like a pump ) turned on, it could hardly capture it but when the house is quiet in the wee hours of the night or 8am ish in the morning, it is very prominent. I'll try to see if i can do what the other forum member suggested; to filter and amplify.
Donchay
post May 28 2020, 02:15 PM

Casual
323 posts

How come this thread open at today, I thought I read this thread few days ago.
pillage2001
post May 28 2020, 02:16 PM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(Pitiuran @ May 28 2020, 11:14 AM)
Toilet sound
When they are brushing teeth and use ceramic cup put on your toilet granite tiles
Yeah I hate those sounds too

Ppl who say dropping things sound is water pipe movement must be taking weed because they never live in condo before

I know a water pipe sound banging when I hear one
You know what i mean......Like in the middle of the night, imagine things like your belt drop and the buckle goes on the floor first.......or easiest, marbles.....just drop a marble......or a pen or keys.......not once in a night....every 5-15 mins once......
pillage2001
post May 28 2020, 02:17 PM

Regular
1,894 posts

QUOTE(Turtlez84 @ May 28 2020, 11:46 AM)
Haha. Kids mostly. The middle east family below me kids dont sleep after 12am. Running and screaming until 5am...tell me how to sleep la... Its definitely not pipes. This happen during puasa month. Now macam dont have already
Yeah, during puasa month, they did not sleep till 6-7am everyday, it was hell on earth literally. Now I heard they wanna buy the unit upstairs and the wife is expecting, I am trying to make them change their minds else it'll be the end of me.
audi90
post May 28 2020, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Basketball great idea too, throw on ceiling while baring2. Please give a try and post feedback here. If still didnt work then your upstairs neighbor really mcb one.
geekystef
post May 28 2020, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

-- Deleted --

This post has been edited by geekystef: Nov 21 2020, 02:40 AM
geekystef
post May 28 2020, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

-- Deleted --

This post has been edited by geekystef: Nov 21 2020, 02:40 AM
Noryume
post May 28 2020, 05:37 PM

Enthusiast
864 posts

Can hear drilling, furniture dragging on top floor. But can't do anything because nobody live on units on top of mine.
vex
post May 28 2020, 06:42 PM

Regular
1,984 posts

QUOTE(rkggutbppct @ May 28 2020, 06:33 PM)
glad that i bought top floor. but have to deal with leaking ☹️
Top floor not HOT meh ?
sakuraboo
post May 28 2020, 06:53 PM

thereisnospoon
1,535 posts

QUOTE(kamfoo @ May 28 2020, 12:35 PM)
landed also same problem
Yeah in terrace next door neighbor can definitely hear

Unless bungalow

So in conclusion and seriousness maybe ts need to consider bungalow
galkelly
post May 28 2020, 07:11 PM

On my way
619 posts

Thats why never buy condo no matter how they advertise or market it. U are practically giving up ur sanity.
Landed property is the best.
Ginny88
post May 29 2020, 12:03 AM

Regular
1,032 posts

QUOTE(kamfoo @ May 28 2020, 12:35 PM)
landed also same problem
Landed does not have the same problem. There is nobody above you or below you.

If your neighbour is shouting and screaming in a terrace house you will be able to hear but normal conversations, no.

pillage2001
post May 29 2020, 07:42 AM

Regular
1,894 posts

I live in both landed and condo......

Problem with landed and condo are different when it comes to noise. Landed do have their own problems with noise. It doesn't come from above but it comes in the form out outside or just plainly neighbors playing music loud. It's not as bad as condo and in the grand scheme of things, I would say it's only 20% of what people staying in condo suffers.

Base on the suggestion from a member within here, I've got a recording through "smart recorder" and have captured ONE of the noise cases on my phone. It was surprisingly clear and loud at 2.15ish am and lucky the phone was able to capture it. Does anyone know how to enhance and filter it? I would want to use this as one of the evidence for the management to approach them.
Exoflare
post May 29 2020, 08:50 AM

Enthusiast
739 posts

QUOTE(pillage2001 @ May 29 2020, 07:42 AM)
I live in both landed and condo......

Problem with landed and condo are different when it comes to noise. Landed do have their own problems with noise. It doesn't come from above but it comes in the form out outside or just plainly neighbors playing music loud. It's not as bad as condo and in the grand scheme of things, I would say it's only 20% of what people staying in condo suffers.

Base on the suggestion from a member within here, I've got a recording through "smart recorder" and have captured ONE of the noise cases on my phone. It was surprisingly clear and loud at 2.15ish am and lucky the phone was able to capture it. Does anyone know how to enhance and filter it? I would want to use this as one of the evidence for the management to approach them.
You can either take a baseline waveform (meaning record your room at a time when these people are silent, say at perhaps 10am, so that you can compare it to the scenario where these people are being noisy) and then measure the distance from the peak of your noise case waveform to the baseline and use that as justification, or if you can measure the volume in db for both then you can argue about how there is elevated and sustained noise coming from this apartment.

The thing is, if you just use one noise case, your neighbors can maybe shoot back and say that you are being unreasonable and that it was a one time occurrence, so I recommend getting at least three or four across a few days if you can and listing the corresponding timestamps in your complaint to management.

If you wanna edit audio you can probably just do so within your app if it has audio editing capabilities, and if you wanna do something more fancy (I'm guessing you don't use Ableton or Logic Pro X though) you can try to use this Android app or the equivalent on iPhone, though if you do significantly edit the sound you should apply the same transformation(s) to your baseline waveform and document them so that the other party cannot say oh this person made the noise seem louder than it actually was.

This post has been edited by Exoflare: May 29 2020, 09:07 AM

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0285sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:41 PM