Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tech Support Unifi Router DS244WSGV, Advance setting mode

views

mywii
post Jun 29 2020, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
239 posts

QUOTE(hedfi @ Jun 28 2020, 03:07 PM)
Been using this model for a week, the range seem less compared to previous D-Link AC1200 router, difficulty in getting connected downstairs, router is upstairs
My previous is also D Link AC1200. I actually got better wifi connection. Wow looks like they are pushing this router to user.

technoob2020 P
post Jul 6 2020, 02:01 AM

Probation
1 posts

already use this router for 2 week now. so far got better signal/coverage than DLINK DIR850L. Manage to get 104MBps down stair (router is upstairs). Downside is - cannot configure the DNS/IP address. Now hav to use VPN or setting manual on the laptop sad.gif.

Please guide me to bypass by setting the DNS in the router.
sokei
post Jul 8 2020, 10:37 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(mywii @ Jun 29 2020, 04:13 PM)
TM technician came and install this router to replace my DLink AC1200. Wifi strength improve alot compared to my DLink.

Funny thing is that he tested on his laptop the speed is around 500mbps but when i test on my PC using LAN showing connected at 1GBPS only able to reach 350 in speedtest. He said is my device problem. The END.  alah.

other problem is Now my network device (Yamaha network CD player) cant be seen in network drive.

Anyone any advice?
Go to Services->DNS Server to input manual DNS IP.
sokei
post Jul 8 2020, 10:38 PM

17 posts

Dear brothers and sisters. Is anyone here using this DS244WSGV to configure the firewall?

I am trying to use the URL Blocking but it doesn't work. I noticed something funny the router becomes unstable and slow after a period of time if I turned on URL blocking.

Anyone has this encounter?

Thanks!
sokei
post Jul 8 2020, 10:41 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(loon78a @ Jun 28 2020, 05:55 PM)
hi all,
this model how to check how many device connected?
WLAN->Basic Setting (under your wlan0 or wlan1)-> show active WLAN clients. But this couldn't see hostname and IP addresses.
bitcomet79
post Jul 9 2020, 01:01 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(sokei @ Jul 8 2020, 10:37 PM)
Go to Services->DNS Server to input manual DNS IP.
anyone manage to get it to work?

i try key in google dns and cloudfare dns but it just couldn't work....
even turn off router and turn it on back but still couldn't work...

any sifu can help notworthy.gif
penpal_my
post Jul 10 2020, 07:43 PM

28 posts

look like this router is "mystery" for unifi user. Unfortunately, i also got this router for my unifi. not much info about this router. i'm curious if this router support mu-mimo.
bobkiit
post Jul 10 2020, 07:53 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ May 25 2020, 11:17 AM)
Woo~ Seems like they don't give crapped router brand Netis, or TPLink and DLink (Firmware by TM).
May I know how it's look like for the router physical?

Perhaps can share in here so that we have a big picture there. laugh.gif
Aztech is not good brand either
JuneResources
post Jul 12 2020, 06:58 PM

ONE Stop Resources
4,128 posts

QUOTE(bobkiit @ Jul 10 2020, 07:53 PM)
Aztech is not good brand either
Brand is not the important.
The important is reliable dan durable.
The most important is stability network.

If the router always give you DC connections or auto reboot itself frequently, you will just boost up ur anger n keep playing around ur switch off n on..
Jkhua
post Jul 14 2020, 05:09 PM

1 posts

it give me Rule has conflict in remote port!
when I port forward second time tcp or udp…
any solution for this ?
potentialcarrot3 P
post Jul 14 2020, 06:21 PM

Probation
3 posts

This router sucks i just upgraded from my old router (keeps disconnecting problem) into this router, and although theres no more disconnection but instead it gave me no connection at all even though im connected to the wifi. Im speechless how am i going to survive with this? Downstair is fine but upstair suddenly have those problem..
sokei
post Jul 26 2020, 11:13 AM

17 posts

Spotted another NTP issue on this router. My devices not able to update the time.
dannygoh
post Aug 24 2020, 11:39 AM

Casual
404 posts

Hello,

Anyone know to setup this to bridge mode? My existing firewall will do the PPPoE dialer.
lohkianchuang
post Sep 14 2020, 09:50 AM

2 posts

after TM upgrade for customer this router, my old one is Dlink-dir842, now is DS244wsgv after check on website it is "connect company" router (http://comnect.com.cn/VDSL/207.html), the signal look like just horizontal spread, upstair or downstair signal become poor, everyone better consider wanted to change or not, of course in my view, need buy repeater to coordinate function only perfect, like i using 2 pcs tenda AC2100 as repeater for my wide house whereby has mu-mimo function(multiply user steady quality speed)/multiply antenna (so spread more far, wide and strong signal).......of course when talk with TM staff their said is wrong feeling when change router in beginning, after long time only know the real performance,latest product sure technology more good........just hope new router performance is better then old router if no can't change back already as techician take back old router already and not allow change back or without other router type already, just hope new router match theory of: more lastest product sure more improve the technology/functionality (of course also depend on function technology has)....

everyone can check the specification first before consider wanted to change or not ...............
Dlink Dir-842 : https://www.dlink.com.my/product/ac1200-mu-...gigabit-router/

Connect DS244WGSV: http://comnect.com.cn/VDSL/207.html

This post has been edited by lohkianchuang: Sep 14 2020, 11:26 AM
Fazab
post Sep 14 2020, 10:05 AM

On my way
518 posts

Hi guys. Noob here.

I also got this router when upgrade to 300mbps last week.

What I dun like is Technician warn me not to change the Wifi password, as I dun have the "full setting".
If want to change password must call them to come again.

True ah?

I want to change password because the Tech know my current password while installing.

lohkianchuang
post Sep 14 2020, 11:12 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ Sep 14 2020, 10:05 AM)
Hi guys. Noob here.

What I dun like is Technician warn me not to change the Wifi password, as I dun have the "full setting".

True ah?

I want to change password because the Tech know my current password while installing.
although they know your password, but must come near your house only can use internet, it no worry, how can someone so free time to park near your house to suft internet, very funny
sHawTY
post Sep 14 2020, 11:20 AM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,628 posts

QUOTE(Fazab @ Sep 14 2020, 10:05 AM)
Hi guys. Noob here.

True ah?

Report to MCMC
WIS9000
post Sep 14 2020, 04:42 PM

On my way
523 posts

Hi, does this router comes with restart scheduling feature? i.e. set daily time to restart the router unit? I can't seem to find this anywhere under the Admin account. Just confirming with all before giving up.
Fazab
post Sep 16 2020, 08:16 AM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(lohkianchuang @ Sep 14 2020, 11:12 AM)
although they know your password, but must come near your house only can use internet, it no worry, how can someone so free time to park near your house to suft internet, very funny
A bit worried because from the comfort of my bedroom I can detect the SSID from 6 to 8 neighbours....
The furthest is two houses away, I recognise his name on the SSID
If someone sell me his password I can get in his network and do things that I won't do on my own network

Means my neighbours can also do the same

Update : Googled and found way to change SSID and password

tromaxer P
post Oct 9 2020, 02:31 AM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(MuhammadFird @ May 25 2020, 08:12 PM)
Username tmadmin
Password Adm@(last 4 mac digit)

I received this router too. It suck.
may i know where to find the mac? is it the router MAC ? because i tried every last 4 digit still didnt work.. im sorry for being stupid on this hehe

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0245sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:02 AM