Getting Started
119 posts

Was so excited about this phone until I saw the price 😆
attw
post Jun 1 2020, 01:50 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(ChuanHong @ May 31 2020, 10:01 PM)
by looking at comparison between sony vs samsung and iphone, you can see how unnatural of samsung camera output.. oversaturated for all the times.. iphone more natural but night time colour seem flat out..

overall give me choose, iphone and sony first then only come to samsung..
I think this has always been the case. Samsung tends to produce more punchier and vivid colours, and some people prefer those. I would choose the more natural ones too.

QUOTE(claypot @ May 31 2020, 11:42 PM)
That's gonna be the case for all flagship phones this year laugh.gif
ChuanHong
post Jun 2 2020, 11:52 AM

I <3 Xperia
4,301 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Jun 1 2020, 01:50 PM)
I think this has always been the case. Samsung tends to produce more punchier and vivid colours, and some people prefer those. I would choose the more natural ones too.
Looking at comparison between iPhone 11 Pro vs Xperia 1 II and vs Xperia 1.. i feel xperia 1 is more standout lea.. noise suppression before convert to JPEG by sony is really working.. we can see the noise from iPhone 11 Pro while no appear in both Xperia.. (May look at center GSMARENA wording with colouring stick..

https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType...6&idPhone3=9543

The only advantage of Xperia 1 II is bigger sensor which produce brighter images.. other than that, i dont feel big marginal improvements in photo quality comparing with Xperia 1.. (Except AF 20fps)..
attw
post Jun 2 2020, 12:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(ChuanHong @ Jun 2 2020, 11:52 AM)
Looking at comparison between iPhone 11 Pro vs Xperia 1 II and vs Xperia 1.. i feel xperia 1 is more standout lea.. noise suppression before convert to JPEG by sony is really working.. we can see the noise from iPhone 11 Pro while no appear in both Xperia.. (May look at center GSMARENA wording with colouring stick..

https://www.gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType...6&idPhone3=9543

The only advantage of Xperia 1 II is bigger sensor which produce brighter images.. other than that, i dont feel big marginal improvements in photo quality comparing with Xperia 1.. (Except AF 20fps)..
And the bigger battery laugh.gif
SteadyPana
post Jun 2 2020, 02:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,554 posts

Hopefully when launching in Malaysia with a better deal tongue.gif rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by SteadyPana: Jun 2 2020, 02:40 PM
joeblow
post Jun 2 2020, 03:41 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(SteadyPana @ Jun 2 2020, 02:39 PM)
Hopefully when launching in Malaysia with a better deal  tongue.gif  rclxms.gif
Haha with this delay, maybe bro attw's wish to come with PS5 free gift might come true. Or maybe the upcoming XM1004 headset! One can only wish.

I do like the phone's feature that allows the phone to run by direct charging without charging the battery. Less heat and protects the battery. Only if Sony allows the game mode to also apply to youtube or other gpu cpu intensive apps. Seems like able to select the apps that can use the game mode. But need actual verifying by those testers. Also not sure if this phone not being able to use the 5G in US will have any impact on Malaysia 5G or not.
attw
post Jun 2 2020, 04:48 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Jun 2 2020, 03:41 PM)
Haha with this delay, maybe bro attw's wish to come with PS5 free gift might come true. Or maybe the upcoming XM1004 headset! One can only wish.

I do like the phone's feature that allows the phone to run by direct charging without charging the battery. Less heat and protects the battery. Only if Sony allows the game mode to also apply to youtube or other gpu cpu intensive apps. Seems like able to select the apps that can use the game mode. But need actual verifying by those testers. Also not sure if this phone not being able to use the 5G in US will have any impact on Malaysia 5G or not.
Hahaha, don't take my word for it bro. There's every possibility they also bundle the older XM3 headphones like in Europe or US.

But it looks likely to be a RM5000 phone like the S20 Ultra going by US and UK prices
al_madd
post Jun 2 2020, 08:01 PM

Regular
1,359 posts

QUOTE(Wymm @ May 31 2020, 10:04 PM)
I never know this thread would come alive

I used sony smartphones 2012-2013

But low end models

Sony still emphasized that software optimization any day as well the awesome camera quality smile.gif
100% agree...

since android era with sony...price is premium...

but no china phone even huawei can challenge software optimization
ChuanHong
post Jun 2 2020, 08:40 PM

I <3 Xperia
4,301 posts

QUOTE(joeblow @ Jun 2 2020, 03:41 PM)

with current xperia 1 game enhancer, dont see youtube in the list of apps.. i guess those netflix, youtube are not in the list due to game enhancer can do recording.. but yes, that is 1 of good feature..
attw
post Jun 2 2020, 11:42 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

miyakochan89
post Jun 3 2020, 09:15 AM

Wut?
6,615 posts

QUOTE(claypot @ May 31 2020, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE(attw @ Jun 1 2020, 01:50 PM)
that price is definitely outrageous. And i read according to a world survey, i think about 80% of the people are only willing to spend about $300$ - 600$ for a high-end phone. anything more is really crazy.
attw
post Jun 3 2020, 10:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jun 3 2020, 09:15 AM)
that price is definitely outrageous. And i read according to a world survey, i think about 80% of the people are only willing to spend about $300$ - 600$ for a high-end phone. anything more is really crazy.
Yeah, but I think all flagship phones are truly well and beyond the $600 price point already. When Oppo has the audacity to charge $1200 for their Find X2 Pro, what more Sony who is already known to have overpriced phones laugh.gif
irenic
post Jun 3 2020, 01:48 PM

extr3me n3wbie
7,320 posts

okay i'm so excited. this gonna be my first sony xperia phone after the disappointed z5 premium!

btw just wonder if the 4K resolution runs at all time, or just when we open 4k content?
davidletterboyz
post Jun 3 2020, 02:47 PM

Der Kaiser
4,671 posts

QUOTE(irenic @ Jun 3 2020, 01:48 PM)
okay i'm so excited. this gonna be my first sony xperia phone after the disappointed z5 premium!

btw just wonder if the 4K resolution runs at all time, or just when we open 4k content?
If it's the same as Xperia 1, we cannot choose when it will kick in. The system will decide for us. sad.gif
I think only movie, youtube, and photo.
davidletterboyz
post Jun 3 2020, 02:58 PM

Der Kaiser
4,671 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Jun 2 2020, 12:42 PM)
And the bigger battery laugh.gif
And much better speakers. Finally can go toe-to-toe with real flagships.
irenic
post Jun 3 2020, 03:50 PM

extr3me n3wbie
7,320 posts

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Jun 3 2020, 02:47 PM)
If it's the same as Xperia 1, we cannot choose when it will kick in. The system will decide for us. sad.gif
I think only movie, youtube, and photo.
Means most of the time it runs at full HD?
attw
post Jun 3 2020, 04:02 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(davidletterboyz @ Jun 3 2020, 02:58 PM)
And much better speakers. Finally can go toe-to-toe with real flagships.
Except it's missing the high refresh rate screen that other flagships are packing. I'm willing to forego that but at the price they intend to charge, they should have added it in smile.gif

QUOTE(irenic @ Jun 3 2020, 03:50 PM)
Means most of the time it runs at full HD?
Yeah, most reviews mentioned that too, apparently even Netflix and Amazon Prime that supports 4K runs on FHD on the Xperia 1 II
davidletterboyz
post Jun 3 2020, 04:05 PM

Der Kaiser
4,671 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Jun 3 2020, 04:02 PM)
Except it's missing the high refresh rate screen that other flagships are packing. I'm willing to forego that but at the price they intend to charge, they should have added it in smile.gif
Yeah, most reviews mentioned that too, apparently even Netflix and Amazon Prime that supports 4K runs on FHD on the Xperia 1 II
Agree. biggrin.gif
ChuanHong
post Jun 3 2020, 04:23 PM

I <3 Xperia
4,301 posts

QUOTE(irenic @ Jun 3 2020, 01:48 PM)

QUOTE(attw @ Jun 3 2020, 04:02 PM)
4k will only run based on apps developer provided that high resolution.. So far, Sony in apps album/videos app supported it.. Youtube also supported it.. Netflix seem support in the past however recently limit the resolution based on global lockdown. And netflix seem limited to certain device (streaming devices) for now..

so in the end, if apps support, 4K will kick in.. else downscale to 1080p.. even so, the display panel is still 4k.. basically u cant see the pixels even very close to display..

Below is explanation from Sony about 4k display. Dont be too excited for 4K display btw.. But it confirm is one of good display panel that showing nice colour
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/SX906801

This post has been edited by ChuanHong: Jun 3 2020, 04:39 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
attw
post Jun 3 2020, 10:32 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(ChuanHong @ Jun 3 2020, 04:23 PM)
4k will only run based on apps developer provided that high resolution.. So far, Sony in apps album/videos app supported it.. Youtube also supported it.. Netflix seem support in the past however recently limit the resolution based on global lockdown. And netflix seem limited to certain device (streaming devices) for now..

so in the end, if apps support, 4K will kick in.. else downscale to 1080p.. even so, the display panel is still 4k.. basically u cant see the pixels even very close to display..

Below is explanation from Sony about 4k display. Dont be too excited for 4K display btw.. But it confirm is one of good display panel that showing nice colour
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/SX906801
Nice detailed explanation there. Seriously for a screen so small, FHD works well enough for me smile.gif

57 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0204sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:12 PM