Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xbox Series X, The next Xbox generation

views

awol
post Dec 13 2021, 02:03 PM

On my way
623 posts

Hi,
i just bought Xbox Series X last saturday, with 36 months Game Pass Ultimate. best value console.
that matrix tech demo really push my decision to buy it and see it for myself.
awol
post Dec 13 2021, 03:04 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(thesnake @ Dec 13 2021, 02:58 PM)
welcome to the club
thank you. now got 36 games in SSD. hope got time to try them all.
awol
post Dec 14 2021, 11:20 AM

On my way
623 posts

last night i plug my Razer Blackshark via 3.5mm controller port.
the sound of Forza car is superb.
havent try first person shooter yet.
awol
post Dec 15 2021, 09:23 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(tripleB @ Dec 14 2021, 03:08 PM)
Was that with Dolby Atmos for headphones?
THX Spatial Audio only.
awol
post Dec 29 2021, 05:28 PM

On my way
623 posts

for controller battery, im using eneloop pro, as suggested by reddit.
MS or 3rd party battery pack smaller in capacity compared to eneloop pro.
awol
post Jan 4 2022, 09:38 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(greyshadow @ Dec 30 2021, 09:41 AM)
just beware that high capacity batts like eneloop pro has much lower charge cycles compared to the lower one, hence shorter lifespans

also what I've noticed from my Eneloop pro as well: once you see batt low warning on screen, you'll have less than 10 min of juice left, after that the controller will power off straight
got caught in that difficult situation few times d, once was in the middle of Destiny 2 raid boss, finally got a good run, almost beating the boss, then i got AFK cos ignoring the batt low warning and no time to swap batt, was cursed kau-kau by team mates that time laugh.gif tongue.gif
as 1 have 4 unit of eneloop pro and 2 controller, i can just switch controller in case one of it low battery. so far i haven't face same situation as you as i do not play competitive online game. but will keep you advise in mind.

just beware that high capacity batts like eneloop pro has much lower charge cycles compared to the lower one, hence shorter lifespans - from their website, retains 85% capacity after one year in storage. from reddit said can last up to 5 years, which is good enough for me.
awol
post Jan 4 2022, 10:32 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(carnby77 @ Jan 1 2022, 11:15 AM)
Hey guys,

Just wanna ask, how much is the gamepass ultimate for 12 months? The official price puts it at rm500++! Can anyone advise?
3rd party seller RM259 for 36 months.
awol
post Jan 6 2022, 09:41 AM

On my way
623 posts

as answered by ben3003, its grey area. because in the end, you still pay MS for GPU subscription.
awol
post Jan 6 2022, 01:34 PM

On my way
623 posts

too many games, too little time.
awol
post Jan 7 2022, 11:55 AM

On my way
623 posts

only series X|S need SSD. for One/360 better offload it into USB.
I download lot of game from gamepass, until now, not all game have been boot yet. no time to try new game.
IMHO better get sandisk 256GB USB3 for One/360 game. read speed 150-170MB/s, better than external HDD.

Now playing : My Friend Pedro
awol
post Jan 7 2022, 05:10 PM

On my way
623 posts

screen capture also can set to auto save to external usb.
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 09:12 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(Ben369 @ Jan 9 2022, 08:42 PM)
Hi guys. Need help here. First timer with xbox console. Just got xbox series x used unit. After creating microsoft id, I turn on the console and begin the setup. As the owner before me already do the factory setting, no problem with the setup. Just out of curiosity, I check my account and under device, the console link to my account. Checking the details of the console, the device coverage is not yet to be register. Should I register? If yes, are there informations that I need to obtain from the previous owner. Thank you in advance.
device coverage? is that for warranty?
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 11:45 AM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(Ben369 @ Jan 10 2022, 10:49 AM)
I'm not sure either. How do you guys register for warranty? Or no need to register?
i just keep my receipt. if anything happen, bring back to the store, the store will handle the warranty with MS SG.
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 02:43 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Jan 10 2022, 02:40 PM)
Hi guys,

Is there a way to find out which email is tied to gamertag?

Thing is I tried using riezforester as my gamertag then turns out already taken. HOWEVER, based on avatar I think that gamertag is my old xbox 360 ID but I dont remember which email it was used to register the id.

I really want to masuk that old ID and tukar gamertag but I cannot lol.
when login, there is email below gamertag. but to guess which email link to gamertag, i dont know how.
maybe you can try login to microsoft account using your old email?
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 02:46 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Jan 10 2022, 02:44 PM)
Thing is all email I remember is not that one. So it must be one of the email I dont remember.
then need to remember that x360 email. else, just register a new ID

edit: if you can access your x360, maybe in the setting/home appear your old email id?

This post has been edited by awol: Jan 10 2022, 03:03 PM
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 03:27 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Jan 10 2022, 03:20 PM)
Ok I got my answer. Yes. However xbox charged 10 USD to change gamertag AND my gamertag needs to be changed twice since the amertag I have currently is the same with the gamertag I want to adopt back (only with #xxx behind them), so I can just change it once as the system said its the same.
if im not mistaken, the number behind is due to the original gamertag already taken by others, mine also got ###, but there is other people without that (original gamertag).
awol
post Jan 10 2022, 04:09 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(emino @ Jan 10 2022, 03:31 PM)
in my case I am the owner of two identical gamertag, both with and without the #.

abc and abc#001 for example.

I already changed abc to something else on my old ID. So now abc is free to be taken out by my second ID.

HOWEVER

Their system is dumb enough when I check for abc using my abc#001 id to change into abc (that is now free), the system say it is already the same gamertag.

So kalau nak change the gamertag i need to change my abc#001 into something else first, and then change back into abc. Which means microsoft willc harge me 2x for ID change because their system dumb dumb.
yup, dumb system. have to live with ### or pay them double. afraid after pay, still cannot get that original gamertag.
awol
post Jan 11 2022, 11:00 PM

On my way
623 posts

Im using usb stick 128gb for capture location.
When i turn on console from sleep, my usb not detected.
My screenshot n screen record automatically save yo internal.
Anybody face this issue too?
awol
post Jan 11 2022, 11:01 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Jan 11 2022, 10:28 PM)
Wow, really? Xbox players are fed up with forced crossplay against PC gamers.

Pardon my ignorance, as an exclusively offline player only, I don't know how bad the situation is. Even in Halo Infinite already.

I mean, I game on PC too as well, exclusively offline as well. Just personal preference, I cant stand how quickly online multiplay turn a person's behavior into a douchebag. My last online multiplayer experience was Titanfall 2. Not gonna elaborate, just enough to say THAT online multiplay experience totally sour all my interest I have in playing anything multiplayer. I'm in it for the fun, not become your verbal punching bag.

I still play multiplayer though, only when face-to-face IRL. Like the Tekken 7 tourney I was at, in BTS a few years back. Even then at the tourney, players still behave like a mob when they're in a fighting team, group or clan. Nothing wrong with supporting your team/group/clanmate, not at the expense of other players. Fair play and sportsmanship goes a long way, if not for making friends, to bring in players who are hesitant in playing together after poor experiences online.

It's weird & effective to see how an online douchebag stop being a douchebag when they're face-to-face against a real human opponent behind a controller. Seeing a real life person behind that controller fighting against you, it humanizes that person, instead of being an anonymous target to hurl insults at. If you're not, I guess you have thicker skin than I am. "Walk a mile in my shoes" and all that jazz. 

Online anonymity empowers douchebag behavior. De-anonymize them. Watch them suddenly behave. Same goes with online cheating.

Just drawing from my own personal experiences.
I only play dead by daylight for online game, so far its ok
awol
post Jan 12 2022, 02:51 PM

On my way
623 posts

QUOTE(iguana_dude_619 @ Jan 12 2022, 02:21 PM)
DBD also got cheater but not as many as other game. One time saw a super cacing. He can crawl faster than you can run in-game. I'm like bruh I was crawling ahead of you. yet you manage to escape first wtf. I was too speechless & dumbfounded to record it.  shocking.gif  shocking.gif
never face like that. seldom play, usually play offline game/single player game.

18 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1525sec    0.24    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 AM