Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Seiko Watch Thread V6, Seikoholics Unite Kopitiam

views

J@ck_the_Ripper P
post Jan 8 2021, 04:14 PM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(waka14 @ Jan 8 2021, 10:46 AM)
where did u cari this..xD, i either find used, or from some overease sites selling it for rm3k and up..xD
got it from a shopee seller for RM2.5k. I think he has one in stock right now if u r interested. Maybe u can reach out to him and ask for best price rclxms.gif
https://shopee.com.my/shop/133600600/
Zhik
post Jan 8 2021, 04:19 PM

eeerrrmmmnnn, stupidity has no limit?
994 posts

QUOTE(J@ck_the_Ripper @ Jan 8 2021, 04:14 PM)
got it from a shopee seller for RM2.5k. I think he has one in stock right now if u r interested. Maybe u can reach out to him and ask for best price rclxms.gif
https://shopee.com.my/shop/133600600/
Seriously rm3k for sarb033?
I got a new one last year about 1.7k.
J@ck_the_Ripper P
post Jan 8 2021, 04:29 PM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(Zhik @ Jan 8 2021, 04:19 PM)
Seriously rm3k for sarb033?
I got a new one last year about 1.7k.
iirc, sarb033/035 has been discontinued since 2018 and the prices for these pieces has been skyrocketing ever since. sweat.gif sweat.gif

Really like the shape and the feeling of it on my wrist, so I wouldn't mind paying a little bit extra to add this classic and timeless piece into my collection. thumbup.gif
Seezo
post Jan 8 2021, 04:44 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

hai guys, my friends won lucky draw.
so, he want to sell it to me. at what price is worth buying this one?

Seiko SSC773P1.

user posted image
deftons
post Jan 8 2021, 10:42 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(J@ck_the_Ripper @ Jan 8 2021, 04:29 PM)
iirc, sarb033/035 has been discontinued since 2018 and the prices for these pieces has been skyrocketing ever since.  sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Really like the shape and the feeling of it on my wrist, so I wouldn't mind paying a little bit extra to add this classic and timeless piece into my collection.  thumbup.gif
I sold my sarb033 for 1.5k a year ago. If you search harder, they are plenty of 2nd hand around with decent price. Paying 3k for this watch is rather too much.
J@ck_the_Ripper P
post Jan 9 2021, 08:58 AM

Probation
4 posts

QUOTE(deftons @ Jan 8 2021, 10:42 PM)
I sold my sarb033 for 1.5k a year ago. If you search harder, they are plenty of 2nd hand around with decent price. Paying 3k for this watch is rather too much.
I actually bought it for 2.5k instead of 3k though.

Kinda regret it for not buying it when it was 1.8k-2k (brand new) around 1.5 years ago...

I've actually considered a second hand piece. However, since I've just started a new phase in my life recently, I decided to pull the trigger for a brand new one to accompany me on the journey to start off a new chapter in my life hehe.

Nevertheless, as someone who has just recently embarked on the watch collecting journey, I really appreciate the suggestion and advice that you've given.

Cheers

rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
swanlover
post Jan 10 2021, 09:30 AM

On my way
627 posts

Heard to service and GS , must send back to Japan?
x-1o8-x
post Jan 11 2021, 12:06 PM

Prosekaist
1,211 posts

QUOTE(swanlover @ Jan 10 2021, 09:30 AM)
Heard to service and GS , must send back to Japan?
Can send to your AD and they'll help send to Thong Sia, who will then send back to Japan for service
twho
post Jan 14 2021, 03:19 PM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(deftons @ Jan 8 2021, 10:42 PM)
Definitely too much. The reason this watch generated the type of hype that it has was because of it's price point and value for what you get on a 300-400USD.
My friend got one for me from Japan in 2016 for rm1.1k.
But now that it's 2.5k. There are different/ newer Presage or Alpinist or Orient Stars that offers better value IMO.
deftons
post Jan 15 2021, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(twho @ Jan 14 2021, 03:19 PM)
Definitely too much. The reason this watch generated the type of hype that it has was because of it's price point and value for what you get on a 300-400USD.
My friend got one for me from Japan in 2016 for rm1.1k.
But now that it's 2.5k. There are different/ newer Presage or Alpinist or Orient Stars that offers better value IMO.
Yeah, plenty of new exciting Presage lines coming up that worth considering compare to Sarb. However nothing beats the real thing: GS.
Attached Image
MrCola
post Jan 15 2021, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
91 posts

As we all know SKX line of watches have been discontinued for some time ago, recently i have been contemplating whether or not I should be getting SKX013 (in which i prefer over the SKX007) or the SRPD55K1 (successor of the SKX007) which has the upgraded movement (4r36), exhibition case back, better finishing and polishing. From the sources that i can find, market price for brand new (old stock) SKX013's will set me back around rm1.3-1.4k. And SRPD55K's are going for around rm800 (almost half) these days. What are your take on this? Would you still be getting the SKX013 due to it being an all time classic (which is also ISO certified unlike the newer models), or would you go for the newer model because you don't think SKX013 are worth spending rm1.3-1.4k on nowadays?

For me, I dont really know man, in terms of SKX i think anything over rm800 is not worth getting for, yes it is reliable as ever however the specs are frankly, outdated in today's standards, 7s movement which is non-hacking and non-handwinding, however the watch along with the 007 and 009's have such a cult following in the watch community, because "Its a SKX bro".

In terms of the SRPD55K, you can see that Seiko has carry forward the old designs into the current line of Seiko 5 diver models. Almost every aspect of the watch has been updated and refined (finishing, winding and hacking movement, display case back), however the watch community has been constantly bashing on this watch because it lacks character. It is not ISO certified, only 100m WR instead of 200. These are often regarded as fashion watches that looks like dive watches.

So what's your verdict? Would you bite the bullet and get the overpriced though classic SKX013 or SRPD55K which is almost half the price of the former watch? Do you think the SKX's will appreciate overtime just like the SARB's? Or will they retain in value or drop?

This post has been edited by MrCola: Jan 15 2021, 04:41 PM
RattleSnaKe
post Jan 15 2021, 07:34 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(MrCola @ Jan 15 2021, 04:36 PM)
So what's your verdict? Would you bite the bullet and get the overpriced though classic SKX013 or SRPD55K which is almost half the price of the former watch? Do you think the SKX's will appreciate overtime just like the SARB's? Or will they retain in value or drop?
Also looking at the SKX and its alternative recently, I tried the SRPD57 on wrist and didn't like the way it looks. The dial looks a bit plain without the "200M" marking and the font of the "Automatic" looks odd on a dive style watch. Compared it alongside a SRPA21, I liked the SRPA21 more than the SRPD57 mainly due to the dial and bezel (and proper 200M rating). However the SKX/SRPD case is nicer looking for me. In the end might go for the Turtle instead.

user posted image
Everdying
post Jan 15 2021, 07:35 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

as u already said, the srpd is just a fashion diver.... seiko 5 have made quite a few of these even during the 7s26 days like with the popular "fifty fathoms" models... but back then those were only rm400-500.

the 100m wr doesn't really bother me...as even back then divers had similar wr...
but what does is lack of bezel lume pip... and no screw down crown...don't think there is anymore need to say that should the crown accidentally pull out while under water........
radi0head
post Jan 17 2021, 06:48 AM

A Shocker
2,757 posts

As we all know SKX line of watches have been discontinued for some time ago, recently i have been contemplating whether or not I should be getting SKX013 (in which i prefer over the SKX007) or the SRPD55K1 (successor of the SKX007) which has the upgraded movement (4r36), exhibition case back, better finishing and polishing. From the sources that i can find, market price for brand new (old stock) SKX013's will set me back around rm1.3-1.4k. And SRPD55K's are going for around rm800 (almost half) these days. What are your take on this? Would you still be getting the SKX013 due to it being an all time classic (which is also ISO certified unlike the newer models), or would you go for the newer model because you don't think SKX013 are worth spending rm1.3-1.4k on nowadays?

For me, I dont really know man, in terms of SKX i think anything over rm800 is not worth getting for, yes it is reliable as ever however the specs are frankly, outdated in today's standards, 7s movement which is non-hacking and non-handwinding, however the watch along with the 007 and 009's have such a cult following in the watch community, because "Its a SKX bro".

In terms of the SRPD55K, you can see that Seiko has carry forward the old designs into the current line of Seiko 5 diver models. Almost every aspect of the watch has been updated and refined (finishing, winding and hacking movement, display case back), however the watch community has been constantly bashing on this watch because it lacks character. It is not ISO certified, only 100m WR instead of 200. These are often regarded as fashion watches that looks like dive watches.

If given me in your situation, I'll go for the newer 5KX series. Yes, it's rated at 100M but it does comes with a newer heart.
And it's with an exhibition case back (i like it though). And it's considered as new model and cheaper if you are comparing it with the legendary SKX.

No doubt it's a nice watch to start with but for that price, it is not worth it anymore. By paying for that price, I suggested to topup for other models like Turtles, Sumos, Samurais, etc.

Afterall, it's still your hard earn cash... if you got the RM1.4K budget to trade, then don't look at price anymore...
Go try it on your wrist, buy which you got the 'feel' on...
Enjoy hunting... thumbsup.gif

mystvearn
post Jan 17 2021, 11:55 AM

6,511 posts

Long island watch? Technically superior than seiko and can still share parts.

Alpha.1
post Jan 22 2021, 05:50 PM

30 posts

Anyone know where to find seiko SRPB77? planning to purchase it for my father’s birthday
mc_kambeng
post Jan 22 2021, 06:25 PM

On my way
518 posts

I want to buy a seiko 5 at shopee, but should I be concerned if they stated that the watch warranty only under the shop itself? not by seiko worldwide..
croco_2002
post Jan 23 2021, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

QUOTE(mc_kambeng @ Jan 22 2021, 06:25 PM)
I want to buy a seiko 5 at shopee, but should I be concerned if they stated that the watch warranty only under the shop itself? not by seiko worldwide..
Just buy from seiko official shopee shop.just bought chun li watch for my wife from them.
mc_kambeng
post Jan 23 2021, 01:36 PM

On my way
518 posts

QUOTE(croco_2002 @ Jan 23 2021, 12:08 PM)
Just buy from seiko official shopee shop.just bought chun li watch for my wife from them.
Thanks, just found out the meaning of grey market watches also, thats why its cheaper and no official warranty..
RattleSnaKe
post Jan 25 2021, 10:10 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Bought the SRP777 Turtle in the end! Got it at about 1.0k from Shoppee seller after cashback. Tempted by Pepsi (SRP779), PADI (SRPA21) and Gold (SRP775) but chose the black one as I think it is the most versatile and classic. First automatic too.

user posted image

user posted image

The reference number for the one I bought is actually SRPE93K1 as it has "Divers Watch 200M" instead of "Air Divers 200M" at the caseback due to an update to ISO regulation. The original SP77x series should have been phased out by now.

58 Pages « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:28 PM