Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Chronic stress

views

TSkecik_mieow
post Nov 17 2019, 01:09 AM, updated 5y ago

13 posts

Hello, anyone here suffering from chronic stress when it cause you to burst in anger due to built up stress. What is your method to defuse it. How do you manage it.

Anyone know where to find stress management course around kl?
Pikichu
post Nov 17 2019, 01:21 PM

Regular
1,623 posts

What cause TS stress that builds up?
TSkecik_mieow
post Nov 17 2019, 09:40 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Pikichu @ Nov 17 2019, 01:21 PM)
What cause TS stress that builds up?
Mainly due to work stress which slowly leading me to depression etc..I really want to change
Pikichu
post Nov 17 2019, 09:54 PM

Regular
1,623 posts

QUOTE(kecik_mieow @ Nov 17 2019, 09:40 PM)
Mainly due to work stress which slowly leading me to depression etc..I really want to change
Go holiday but avoid Hong Kong.
luvjim
post Nov 18 2019, 10:18 AM

last resort
1,031 posts

QUOTE(kecik_mieow @ Nov 17 2019, 09:40 PM)
pls don't fall to expression...else will forever need to rely on medicine

get B complex to eat. and pls go search more on google how it can helps.
V429
post Nov 18 2019, 02:20 PM

1,002 posts

At least you are aware that your anger is due to your built up stress. I think it is best for your to tackle the root issue causing your stress : your job. Though I know that might not be an option.

The way I deal with a stressful day at work is to go to a nice Mamak at night and just watch YouTube videos. This helps me to switch off my mind so my brain will not keep on dwelling on stressful thoughts. I do feel somewhat calmer at the end of the session.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by V429: Nov 18 2019, 02:29 PM
gonfeeces
post Dec 3 2019, 06:40 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

exercise is the best de-stressing activity
bobowyc
post Dec 3 2019, 06:43 PM

You are who you are.
1,888 posts

QUOTE(V429 @ Nov 18 2019, 02:20 PM)
At least you are aware that your anger is due to your built up stress. I think it is best for your to tackle the root issue causing your stress : your job. Though I know that might not be an option.

The way I deal with a stressful day at work is to go to a nice Mamak at night and just watch YouTube videos. This helps me to switch off my mind so my brain will not keep on dwelling on stressful thoughts. I do feel somewhat calmer at the end of the session.

Hope this helps.
I agree. Do what you love which calms you down. For me is netflix, when im stressed at work or with competitive games, I will netflix or watch a movie to chill myself out. I dont go mamak because im lazy at night. Plus my work requires physical labour thats why i come home physically and mentally tired. xD
yo_yo
post Dec 3 2019, 09:37 PM

Casual
337 posts

I constantly have me-time to the point I hang out with myself. Sbux alone. Movie alone. Travel alone. That's how I de-stress myself. I find karaoke also works.
TSkecik_mieow
post Dec 10 2019, 11:30 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(yo_yo @ Dec 3 2019, 09:37 PM)
I constantly have me-time to the point I hang out with myself. Sbux alone. Movie alone. Travel alone. That's how I de-stress myself. I find karaoke also works.
Actually this one really works for me. When stressed out be alone.
But that would also mean, I am not suited to have a partner? Cause work always stressful
V429
post Dec 10 2019, 01:25 PM

1,002 posts

QUOTE(kecik_mieow @ Dec 10 2019, 11:30 AM)
But that would also mean, I am not suited to have a partner? Cause work always stressful
I think not necessarily, there are relationship where you allocate time for activities with your partner, and there are also 'me-time' when you get to spend time on yourself. Just make sure your partner understands and schedule accordingly.
flowerbloomX
post Dec 11 2019, 10:39 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

TS, I believe a good partner would understand your need for space and will be ok with it. I hope you find your coping mechanism soon (for me, it's exercise and relaxing with a book or just watching Netflix) - and I hope you find the right partner too.

Chin up!
yo_yo
post Dec 11 2019, 08:38 PM

Casual
337 posts

you mean partner in life? hmm... i have no answer for this though. perhaps finding the right person that can understand the needs to have me-time is important?
Sky_Is_The_Limit
post Dec 12 2019, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Try to work some exercise into your life even though you are busy. 1 hour or 15 minutes also will make a big difference. You can also try changing your diet to eat healthier and give you more energy. Set some time aside for yourself to also do the things you like whether alone or with other people. Don't let your work consume more, there's more to life! Plan a holiday or book a massage to give yourself something to look forward to.
Lushtree
post Dec 12 2019, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
103 posts

Taking cold shower in the morning for stress and anxiety.

"Cold Showers
Cold showers are any showers with a water temperature below 70°F. They may have health benefits. Water therapy (also called hydrotherapy) has been used for centuries to take advantage of our body’s tendency to adapt to harsher conditions. As a result, our bodies become more resistant to stress.

Cold showers are not a main source of treatment for any condition, but they may help improve symptom relief and general well-being. Check out the benefits of a cold shower below.

Increases endorphins
Depression affects at least 10 percent Trusted Source of American adults, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Many drugs treat depression, depending on the severity or duration of symptoms. One holistic method of treatment that’s gaining popularity is hydrotherapy. Taking a cold shower for up to 5 minutes, 2 to 3 times per week, was shown to help relieve symptoms of depression in a clinical trial.

For people with depression, cold showers can work as a kind of gentle electroshock therapy. The cold water sends many electrical impulses to your brain. They jolt your system to increase alertness, clarity, and energy levels. Endorphins, which are sometimes called happiness hormones, are also released. This effect leads to feelings of well-being and optimism."

"Exposure to cold is known to activate the sympathetic nervous system and increase the blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and to increase synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well. Additionally, due to the high density of cold receptors in the skin, a cold shower is expected to send an overwhelming amount of electrical impulses from peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect."

https://www.healthline.com/health/cold-show...fits#endorphins
Faintwhiterose P
post Dec 15 2019, 01:02 AM

Probation
16 posts

Have a routine lifestyle.
glasgowkitchen
post Dec 18 2019, 01:04 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(kecik_mieow @ Nov 17 2019, 01:09 AM)
Hello, anyone here suffering from chronic stress when it cause you to burst in anger due to built up stress. What is your method to defuse it. How do you manage it.

Anyone know where to find stress management course around kl?
Mindfulness meditation?

https://www.mindful.org/9-ways-mindfulness-reduces-stress/

Theres lots of youtube videos or podcast online...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.24    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:51 PM