Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Depression, helpp

views

TSnonequal
post Sep 5 2019, 08:53 AM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
76 posts

Hi, I'm 22 and currently undergoing 2nd semester of my bachelor degree.

I've been struggling fighting with depression after high school ended.

I'm always tired, very tired. Even easy task takes more energy that it supposed to.
My biological clock is a big mess. It's either I sleep A LOT or I barely sleep at all.

Being extremely extrovert, I pretty much hate socialize and be around people, except for a handful best friends of mine.
I barely make any friends at university due to my very low self-esteem and serious anxiety issues.

My anxiety is really bad, to an extend where I scared to death to enter my first class of the semester...since every semester, my classmates would change and I have to make new friends.
So bad that I did all my group assignment and project alone.

I have trouble with staying focus in the class. My head is running with all the negative thoughts of leaving this world.

I barely make any friends as I previously told. I would straight go home after class and stay behind the door of my room, isolating myself from everyone else.

I feel much better being alone and be in my own world and thoughts, but then the feeling of uncertainty and depression would hunting me to and fro.
It seems like my life is a loop of feeling hopeless and unhappy every seconds of the day for no realistic reason.

I pretty much lost interest in everything and can't find pleasure that life has to offer.

I once attempt to counter depression as suggested by a friend of mine who studies physiology by going to the gym and involved more in physical activities with my friends of mine, but things doesn't lasts very long and I'm back at square 1.

I have spoken to my family, but unfortunately my family wouldn't believe and will never understand how depression is a real mental issues.

Where can I seek for psychiatrist?
Preferably under government, since I'm still a student and barely can afford to pay my petrol/toll for daily commute to classes.

This post has been edited by nonequal: Sep 5 2019, 08:54 AM
nargcore
post Sep 5 2019, 09:00 AM

Getting Started
256 posts

TS,you can refer to the below discussion.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4665872/all

Hope you get through.
TSnonequal
post Sep 5 2019, 09:05 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(nargcore @ Sep 5 2019, 09:00 AM)
TS,you can refer to the below discussion.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4665872/all

Hope you get through.
thank you for the reply, will read it thoroughly notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
m_man
post Sep 11 2019, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

I'm sorry you feel this way. Please know that you're not alone in this. Depression is finally getting the attention it deserves. And I truly respect your courage to seek help, be it from a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

A psychiatrist is essentially a medical doctor, he/she will usually you prescribe you medication, and in your case anti-depressants and relaxants e.g Escitalopram (Lexapro), Benzodiazepines (Lorazepam/Valium/Xanax) etc etc. They do not usually teach you coping mechanisms or conduct therapy sessions.

A psychologist on the other hand is a usually a non-medical personnel. They study psychology and need not obtain their MBBS or MD to practise. They are the therapists that you see in movies and such. They listen and provide you insight. Note that they will not offer you answers to your problems, because the true cure comes from within you. They respect the fact that everyone is different and should be celebrated as it is. They can offer cognitive behavioral therapy and other coping skills needed for your condition.

So choose wisely since they use different methods. Do know that psychologists generally charge a consultation fee ranging from RM200-500 per session depending on seniority and experience. Psychiatrists on the other hand are governed by statutorily regulated pricing usually RM80 to 150 depending on the severity of your condition. First consultation usually takes 2 hours or so and costs an upwards of RM200. I know it costs alot, but really works if you find the right one and show the necessary effort on your part. Otherwise everything will go back to square one, continuing the vicious cycle.

Hope this helps and please do not lose hope. We are here for you. console.gif

This post has been edited by m_man: Sep 11 2019, 11:18 PM
EllisDame P
post Nov 5 2019, 02:32 PM

Probation
9 posts

Depression is when everything feels too hard. Takes everything easily and hope you will overcome it.
AnAngel65
post Nov 21 2019, 04:56 PM

Casual
354 posts

Due to so many reasons and so many paths we take, getting into depression is NOT YOUR FAULT and its not something to be ashamed of. Talking is definitely one of the self-help way and we are all here to listen to you and talk to you. Its very courageous of you to share out here as i see not many others did, if u like someone to talk to you, u can always pop here or just drop me a pm. It might be a long path, but you are off a good start. Be strong there mate.
kd2704
post Nov 30 2019, 02:35 AM

Getting Started
151 posts

Gov Hospital: RM5 per visit.
But need referral from Jabatan Pesakit Luar, or Klinik Kesihatan. Referrals from private clinics are also accepted, but you have to pay more for the first appointment
NotTheOne
post Jan 5 2020, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

QUOTE(nonequal @ Sep 5 2019, 08:53 AM)
Hi, I'm 22 and currently undergoing 2nd semester of my bachelor degree.

I've been struggling fighting with depression after high school ended.

I'm always tired, very tired. Even easy task takes more energy that it supposed to.
My biological clock is a big mess. It's either I sleep A LOT or I barely sleep at all.

Being extremely extrovert, I pretty much hate socialize and be around people, except for a handful best friends of mine.
I barely make any friends at university due to my very low self-esteem and serious anxiety issues.

My anxiety is really bad, to an extend where I scared to death to enter my first class of the semester...since every semester, my classmates would change and I have to make new friends.
So bad that I did all my group assignment and project alone.

I have trouble with staying focus in the class. My head is running with all the negative thoughts of leaving this world.

I barely make any friends as I previously told. I would straight go home after class and stay behind the door of my room, isolating myself from everyone else.
I feel much better being alone and be in my own world and thoughts, but then the feeling of uncertainty and depression would hunting me to and fro.
It seems like my life is a loop of feeling hopeless and unhappy every seconds of the day for no realistic reason.

I pretty much lost interest in everything and can't find pleasure that life has to offer.

I once attempt to counter depression as suggested by a friend of mine who studies physiology by going to the gym and involved more in physical activities with my friends of mine, but things doesn't lasts very long and I'm back at square 1.

I have spoken to my family, but unfortunately my family wouldn't believe and will never understand how depression is a real mental issues.
Preferably under government, since I'm still a student and barely can afford to pay my petrol/toll for daily commute to classes.
solution may work: google for sadhguru and try listening to his video about his inner engineering program, it might work or might not - in my opinion it is better than any other humanistic solution less than 90years old (mentalhealth studies)

you can PM me further if have anymore questions.

All the best to you.
clkok
post Jan 9 2020, 09:18 AM

Getting Started
97 posts

There is a Depression seminar next week (14 Jan 2020) in KL area.

If you're understand Cantonese language, feel free to attend and registration is Free.

Registration Link

Cheers.. flex.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by clkok: Jan 9 2020, 09:21 AM
fu'house
post Mar 23 2020, 05:49 PM

On my way
540 posts

QUOTE(nonequal @ Sep 5 2019, 08:53 AM)

Go for a psychiatrist. Don't be hindered. Seek help is encouraged. Befrienders for now, go ahead email them or call, which ever you feel comfortable with. Bare your heart and mind.

After RMO ends for a few weeks & covid infections drop drasticly/hospitals aren't burdened then you can seek the medical help.
chsehra P
post Sep 14 2020, 10:34 PM

Probation
1 posts

Well, I a have a personal experience with both psychiatrist and a life coach. All I came to know that pyschiatrist basically deals your mental disease with prescriptions that is associated with your life. Whereas, the life mentor or life coach is the one who deals with your life as a whole. Now as a whole, I didnt mean that he cure your life but he/she helps you to deal how to live your life. How to improve your life by balancing the stress and emotions to take worthly decisions which can impact your life negatively or positively. I am not trying to light up the debate of psychiatrist vs life coach but I am personally felt more comfortable to a life coach because when you take advice of a life coach you are in your normal state while psychiatrist consultation is going to lead you to the normal state. So, your current state or current mental state will help you deciding that where to go. You should take care of your mental health as soon as possible.
andiduferense P
post Dec 28 2020, 06:39 PM

Probation
2 posts

Friends, most of my life I have been depressed. I can't even remember when it happened to me anymore... I didn't like anything, I had no joy, nothing interested me. But I stumbled upon this PrimeTherapist website and decided to request a session. NOTHING! Those were my first emotions after the session. I began to feel much more awake, more alive. Depression as if it had never happened. Now I am happy every day!) Thanks to the people who helped me.

hazleen08 P
post Jun 24 2022, 09:33 AM

Probation
9 posts

Do reach out to me via pm if you are in need of online counselling services.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:29 PM