Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sirius TV

views

lpsoldier007
post Jan 20 2021, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
288 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 18 2021, 03:54 PM)
As for other channels , we are charging channel lease at RM 500K for Year 1 , RM 500K for Year 2 and RM 2.0 Mil for year 3. We are targeting 500,000 Customer each year which is translated into 7% Household penetration. That is the point when the advertising money will start to kick in. We didnt buy as much STB because we wanted to make our Android OTT+S2 Box our main box using Amlogic S905X4 chipset with legal Apps and AV1 Codec.
Is there any collaboration / plan collaboration with Awesome TV?
Sirius TV P
post Jan 20 2021, 10:44 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(lpsoldier007 @ Jan 20 2021, 10:21 AM)
Nothing yet but we do welcome them if they would consider leasing our channel now at current rate. Of course when we have the numbers...the rate will not stay the same. Thank you Josh..
Sirius TV P
post Jan 20 2021, 10:46 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 20 2021, 10:44 AM)
Nothing yet but we do welcome them if they would consider leasing our channel now at current rate. Of course when we have the numbers...the rate will not stay the same. Thank you Josh..
Opps sorry...IPSoldier...
Qash-M
post Jan 20 2021, 01:37 PM

#FreePalestine
5,288 posts

QUOTE(lpsoldier007 @ Jan 20 2021, 10:21 AM)
I mean, it would be a good filler for Sirius in-house channel to bring the contents instead of getting the channel one.
joshhd
post Jan 20 2021, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,174 posts

QUOTE(Qash-M @ Jan 20 2021, 01:37 PM)
I mean, it would be a good filler for Sirius in-house channel to bring the contents instead of getting the channel one.

Erm, I'd rather see more international channels being introduced, rather than another rojak channels. Hahaha...
Sirius TV P
post Jan 20 2021, 02:43 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 20 2021, 02:00 PM)
Erm, I'd rather see more international channels being introduced, rather than another rojak channels. Hahaha...
We do have a lot of International channel such as M1 Global a Fight channel , Techstorm with AI , Shark Tank etc , Outdoor Adventure , NHK , CNA , MNC , Indonesian drama channel , Euronews , etc It makes our Sirius TV feels and touch almost like a foreign station apart our own in house production of News channel , Seri and Bazaar Home Shopping. Its easy for you guys talking about rojak channels and so forth...try putting your own money and you will see how expensive it is..
joshhd
post Jan 20 2021, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,174 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 20 2021, 02:43 PM)
We do have a lot of International channel such as M1 Global a Fight channel , Techstorm with AI , Shark Tank etc , Outdoor Adventure , NHK , CNA , MNC , Indonesian drama channel , Euronews , etc It makes our Sirius TV feels and touch almost like a foreign station apart our own in house production of News channel , Seri and Bazaar Home Shopping. Its easy for you guys talking about rojak channels and so forth...try putting your own money and you will see how expensive it is..

Sorry Sirius TV 😭😭😭
But thanks for sharing the info with us though biggrin.gif

And also, I know especially those who craving on more Japanese language shows like anime lovers, would love to have channels like Aniplus, WakuWaku Japan, and also Animax and GEM (by KC Global Media)...

Do you think it is possible to carry some of it in near future?
Or like you said, those channels listed above, are too expensive also?
Sirius TV P
post Jan 21 2021, 01:07 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 20 2021, 05:27 PM)
Sorry Sirius TV 😭😭😭
But thanks for sharing the info with us though biggrin.gif

And also, I know especially those who craving on more Japanese language shows like anime lovers, would love to have channels like Aniplus, WakuWaku Japan, and also Animax and GEM (by KC Global Media)...

Do you think it is possible to carry some of it in near future?
Or like you said, those channels listed above, are too expensive also?
We are still negotiating with some of the above. Hopefully one day ,we could...
KateWinslett
post Jan 21 2021, 01:00 PM

24 posts

I love Waku Waku Channel especially the Before And After show.
smileguy
post Jan 21 2021, 01:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,734 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 21 2021, 01:07 AM)
We are still negotiating with some of the above. Hopefully one day ,we could...
Noted,BTW how about Indian channels? Suggest, News7 Tamil,Thanthi News,Puthiya Thalaimurai,these are FTA News and Informative channels which is lacking here hmm.gif
Sirius TV P
post Jan 21 2021, 09:37 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(smileguy @ Jan 21 2021, 01:14 PM)
Noted,BTW how about Indian channels? Suggest, News7 Tamil,Thanthi News,Puthiya Thalaimurai,these are FTA News and Informative channels which is lacking here  hmm.gif
We need to ensure channels are well received because each channel will cost us around 1 Mhz capacity unlike normal FTA...However , we are currently engaging with Zee TV Entertainment to acquire 1 Hindi channel.
joshhd
post Jan 21 2021, 09:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,174 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 21 2021, 09:37 PM)
We need to ensure channels are well received because each channel will cost us around 1 Mhz capacity unlike normal FTA...However , we are currently engaging with Zee TV Entertainment to acquire 1 Hindi channel.

I thought Sirius TV have lease one whole 54MHz transponder from SES 12 at a "fixed price", no? Since the symbol rate would be 45000 already?

I know some backend, IRD box provided is H.264 like you mentioned in the previous post, but I believe Sirius TV can re-encode all channels into HEVC before deliver to viewers via SES 12 satellite, isn't it?
Cuz it would be somewhat a breakthrough to see a new pay TV provider uses only HEVC video codec to deliver its content to viewers.
Because of the bandwidth savings, Sirius TV could have more number of HD channels than SD channels upon launch, which would makes it attractive to viewers... hmm.gif
Just my opinion... notworthy.gif

Oh, how about the audio codec? Which one would Sirius TV plan to use? MP2? AAC-LC? Dolby AC3 or E-AC3?
Fazrien97
post Jan 23 2021, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

QUOTE(Sirius TV @ Jan 20 2021, 02:43 PM)
Is there any korean channel will be available?
Sirius TV P
post Yesterday, 03:02 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(Fazrien97 @ Jan 23 2021, 03:55 PM)
Is there any korean channel will be available?
Working on this..hopeful to conclude Channel from Zee TV and Indonesian MNC too...
Sirius TV P
post Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jan 21 2021, 09:57 PM)
I thought Sirius TV have lease one whole 54MHz transponder from SES 12 at a "fixed price", no? Since the symbol rate would be 45000 already?

I know some backend, IRD box provided is H.264 like you mentioned in the previous post, but I believe Sirius TV can re-encode all channels into HEVC before deliver to viewers via SES 12 satellite, isn't it?
Cuz it would be somewhat a breakthrough to see a new pay TV provider uses only HEVC video codec to deliver its content to viewers.
Because of the bandwidth savings, Sirius TV could have more number of HD channels than SD channels upon launch, which would makes it attractive to viewers...  hmm.gif
Just my opinion...  notworthy.gif

Oh, how about the audio codec? Which one would Sirius TV plan to use? MP2? AAC-LC? Dolby AC3 or E-AC3?

At the moment with the Full transponder of 54 Mhz , bandwidth efficiency is far from our mind. As the subscription are free for 12 mths..it does not matter whether the channels are in HD or in SD. The customer just need a station without any commitment at the moment. The efficiency and the quality will slowly seep in as and when the customers numbers increased.

9 Pages « < 7 8 9Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0328sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th January 2021 - 03:47 AM