> Foreign Tenant Background Screening

views

Thasmita
post Jun 18 2019, 07:25 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(ariesguy @ May 22 2019, 11:28 AM)
Hi there,
The idea of us to implement this is to enable us to have records for foreign tenants who are staying at our place. Without the relevant data, it is difficult for us to monitor the the foreign tenants who are renting at our place.

As a matter of fact, when we ask the owners to provide details on their foreign tenants, they wouldn't bother since they don't live here. For them, as long as they're getting the rental and the maintenance fee is paid, rest is least of a concern.

After going thru a turmoil with our previous Management company, we have just established on getting things back on track. Foreigners issues are considered as one of the major thing at our place, as we have had cases of harassment, stalking, extortion, drunk, fighting, threatening, late night party, expired student visa, overstay and even murder attempt. When we look into the percentage of cases that was filed by the residents at our place for the past 1.5 years, a very large number was pointing towards them.

Looking at all this, the thought of implementing this will enable us to have records of their credit checks, status verification & criminal records. It is also viewed from a prospect where if I have nothing to hide, I am confident of a background check. Hence, upon doing the check and results found satisfactory, it would be safe to assume that the foreigners who are staying here are generally acceptable. And in the event of any misconduct, we have details pertaining them if any authority approaches.

For info, this tenant background screening is practiced in many countries such as USA, Canada & The UK for landlords who would want to rent their property especially for an international tenant.

For the local tenants, we have no qualms as we generally do not have any issues in getting their particulars and they are typically cooperative. As such, you can see the need why we would want to implement this for the foreigners who are refusing to provide their actual details.

Talking about immoral, I believe there are many condos out there which are putting up banners saying 'No Africans Allowed', which is blatant racism or coming up with a petition from the fellow residents to stop people renting to foreigners, Africans especially. This is unethical, let alone inhumane.

We were in a dire need to come up with such rules especially since it was a hot topic during the previous AGM. Hence, need your input on how we can go about this.

Thank you
In one of the condos that I own. It is mandatory for all tenants to have a pass card. In the application form we ask for copies of passport with valid visa and letter of employment. If student then student pass. Don’t have the info no pass card - cannot enter. For locals a copy of IC. So far no complaints at all.

Thasmita
post Jun 18 2019, 07:43 AM

On my way
665 posts

QUOTE(hanhanhan @ Jun 5 2019, 08:06 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

i disagree with the judgement and definition.

once i win another case to change the law then i'll update u.
For the moment it’s good Law I guess.
okuribito
post Jun 19 2019, 07:26 PM

Regular
1,013 posts

QUOTE(Thasmita @ Jun 18 2019, 07:25 AM)
In one of the condos that I own. It is mandatory for all tenants to have a pass card. In the application  form we ask for copies of passport with valid visa and letter of employment. If student then student pass. Don’t have the info no pass card - cannot enter. For locals a copy of IC. So far no complaints at all.
What if an owner or his agent simply clones the card & gives the clone to the tenant to use? Can say it's highly unlikely the owner would do that but I know of condos where agents manage multiple units belonging to "old uncle" owners who dun want the hassle & the risk of cloning (& bypassing the mgt office) is higher
aurora97
post Jun 19 2019, 07:40 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jun 19 2019, 07:26 PM)
What if an owner or his agent simply clones the card & gives the clone to the tenant to use? Can say it's highly unlikely the owner would do that but I know of condos where agents manage multiple units belonging to "old uncle" owners who dun want the hassle & the risk of cloning (& bypassing the mgt office) is higher
There will be periodic reviews or system will flag for multiple entry.

Some managemenr will deactivate of of the units access card and lodge police report.

The owner will have to redo all his access card to regain accesa to his unit.

If you r not caught sure but if u r caught... n have to deal with the police... lol...
ulala2
post Jun 20 2019, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

QUOTE(okuribito @ Jun 19 2019, 07:26 PM)
There are several types of access card in the market.
For those purely white colour cheap access card, u can easily go to buy a machine and clone as many as u want.
However if those card is with a more expensive type such as NITRO, due to it cost, it may reduce the changes of clone it.

As mentioned by Aurora97, in the market there are system to track the multiple entry of the access card and give access only like 1 in 1 out.
Anything like 2 in 1 out is not allowable.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0099sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:45 PM