Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> ILLEGEAR Custom Performance Laptops v.4, AMD RYZEN 4800H with FREE AC Valhalla

views

Jared21
post Dec 23 2019, 07:15 PM

2 posts

Anyone here who owns Selenite with 9750H, 2060 and the 63whr battery pack able to comment on battery life?

I'm only able to get 2 hours with full battery savings (min birightness, -200mv undervolt etc) so i thought i drop by and see what others get. C states are absolute garbage...not getting past C3 at all and using up to 15w idling on battery

Also Illegear...why u release new Selenite sad.gif i just got mine and one with a bigger battery appears...

This post has been edited by Jared21: Dec 23 2019, 07:29 PM
Jared21
post Dec 23 2019, 09:29 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(ZM Fong @ Dec 23 2019, 08:34 PM)
Noticed this as well...yet to find out the cause. Try setting power saver mode in Windows and also in Intel Graphics Command Center
Everything is on power saver mode sad.gif

I'm sending my unit in sometime this week for a keyboard backlight issue. Thinking it may be a bios issue. A clean windows install didnt do anything to lower power draw

This post has been edited by Jared21: Dec 23 2019, 09:37 PM
Jared21
post Jan 14 2020, 10:35 PM

2 posts

To anyone with the Selenite or Onyx suffering from unusually high package power draw, follow these steps. Full credit to eddi3x3x3 on the notebookreview forum:

1. DO NOT use geforce experience
2. Reinstall the nvidia drivers using the NVcleaninstaller (https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...an-installer-for-nvidia-drivers-alpha.249085/)

When you run the NVcleaninstaller, make sure you select the following:
1. Display Driver (need this obviously)
2. PhysX
3. HD Audio via HDMI
4. Microsoft Visual C 2017 Runtime
5. Optimus (Need that battery life right?)
6. USB-C driver (need this for display port over usb C)
7. Shield Wireless Controller (only if you plan to stream gameplay to another device, otherwise leave it unchecked)
8. Virtual Audio
Leave everything else unchecked until nvidia fixes this issue. My CPU wattage went down from an idle 12 W average to 1-2 W average.

I'm now getting less than 1w idle on both battery and while plugged in and this fix sticks through restarts. Who needs nvidia's dumb telemetry and GFE anyways. C states also drop down to C8 with mine being around 50 to 60% in C8
Jared21
post Jan 15 2020, 12:44 AM

2 posts

Here is my new battery life as reported by windows plus a really aggressive -185mv undervolt on core, -100 on cache and -80 on igpu

Taking in to account the usual stuff i do at college like documents and the occasional youtube or spotify on break, i'd say i can get at least 5 and a half to 6 hours of real world use with this fix

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Jared21
post Jan 15 2020, 10:51 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(chittyserv @ Jan 15 2020, 07:29 AM)
If you dont use geforce experience, wonder if auto update will still work...
Do you really need to always update your driver?
Jared21
post Jan 23 2020, 02:55 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ Jan 21 2020, 06:30 PM)
I would rather have dual channel memory than 2x M.2 SSD slots.
This right here. Why lose performance for more storage. Even on a low level laptop, dual channel makes such a big difference
Jared21
post Feb 6 2020, 06:58 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(danialefendy @ Feb 5 2020, 07:26 PM)
Quite a bothering as need to use the laptop quickly during meeting/lecture and found out the battery drained till 0%. I suspect Windows would be the culprit.
Full credit to eddi3x3x3 on the notebookreview forum:

1. DO NOT use geforce experience
2. Reinstall the nvidia drivers using the NVcleaninstaller (https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...an-installer-for-nvidia-drivers-alpha.249085/)

When you run the NVcleaninstaller, make sure you select the following:
1. Display Driver (need this obviously)
2. PhysX
3. HD Audio via HDMI
4. Microsoft Visual C 2017 Runtime
5. Optimus (Need that battery life right?)
6. USB-C driver (need this for display port over usb C)
7. Shield Wireless Controller (only if you plan to stream gameplay to another device, otherwise leave it unchecked)
8. Virtual Audio
Leave everything else unchecked until nvidia fixes this issue. My CPU wattage went down from an idle 12 W average to 1-2 W average.

I'm now getting less than 1w idle on both battery and while plugged in and this fix sticks through restarts. Who needs nvidia's dumb telemetry and GFE anyways. C states also drop down to C8 with mine being around 50 to 60% in C8

For now it has been determined to be an Nvidia driver issue. So far no official fix has been released form them so peeps on the notebookreview forum have determined this to be the best method to reduce power consumption on battery and on standby

This post has been edited by Jared21: Feb 6 2020, 06:59 PM
Jared21
post Feb 8 2020, 10:15 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(pluginbaby @ Feb 7 2020, 10:00 AM)
I saw users on notebookchdck said it lasted until a reboot only
Have this fix on my Selenite 9th gen and so far its working through crashes and reboots
Jared21
post Feb 8 2020, 05:41 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(blueheaven @ Feb 8 2020, 10:46 AM)
Hey, raven SE comes with windows trial right? How do i get windows 10 cheaply?
Shoppee or lazada. I got my win 10 keys for my laptop and desktop for less than 5 bucks
Jared21
post Feb 9 2020, 01:30 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(djhenry91 @ Feb 9 2020, 12:00 PM)
what abou this? Innergie
oo a brand of Delta Electronics? Not bad. Just got to be careful of the charging head size
Jared21
post Feb 9 2020, 05:33 PM

2 posts

I think Illegear listed the diameter of the charging head here once. Not too sure if it was this thread though
Jared21
post Feb 11 2020, 10:48 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(blueheaven @ Feb 10 2020, 11:51 AM)
Read reviews that the raven has pretty bad audio. Does the raven SE improve on that, or is the audio performance similar between the two?
Very meh. Dont expect much from ODM machines. You can use this trick to improve it without getting the audio lag or cracking issue. I use it on my Selenite and it is many many times better than the Sound Blaster software

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/to...815943/page-462

Scroll to the bottom post and look for the fix there. It also gives the original realtek panel without having to deal with any extra software.
Jared21
post Feb 11 2020, 11:29 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(khaviraj @ Feb 11 2020, 11:18 PM)
Hello guys ,
Quick one, is it recommended to get a fan for my Raven Se? Ive heard placing some plates at the back to elevate the laptop helps with heat dissipation.  Must i do that?
Thanks!
Not required but it can help. Even just lifting the notebook up at the rear works just fine.
Jared21
post Feb 23 2020, 11:48 AM

2 posts

My selenite will be my last laptop from them. They do offer really decent prices on their laptops but their support and customer engagement are just on a whole new level of bad. I'm more than willing to pay the price and currency to get a laptop from other brands like XMG or Eluktronicks where they actually have proper support. Their customer care and engagement really show that they want to keep their customers happy and are willing to help them as much as possible. Just check the notebookreivew forums out and compare their engagement with Illegear's engagement.

The CEO of Eluktronicks frequents the notebookreview forums very often and XMG has an entire subreddit dedicated to them where even their talks with Tongfang and Intel regarding issues or user suggestions for their laptops are posted with the outcome.

They also have something that Illegear doesn't. They have a proper return policy if the machine if it isnt performing up to expectation. What do we get in msia? Oh, machine not working as expected? If cannot fix then just live with it la we already have your money lmao. And they keep people updated on their orders and are completely honest with why someone's order has been delayed. They acknowledge their mistakes ffs. So hard for msian company to do meh? Too kiasu issit. I've browsed quite far in to the XMG subreddit and i don't remember seeing the "influx of order" excuse unless it was on something like a black friday sale. Man, if they pulled this shit in Aus where i am now, they'd literally be in court or even shut down

Jared21
post Feb 23 2020, 12:29 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(incubus_skj @ Feb 23 2020, 12:26 PM)
Wait Azim already resigned? He was still replying to my messages last week wo

Bang for the buck is one thing. I have used their S7 for 5 years and it was better than my previous MSi or Asus laptops. But their team is just as bad 5 years ago as it is now. Last time also tell me same thing, "rush order, human makes mistake" excuse also come out. I am regretting giving them another chance already.
He's still around. I think he just isn't working the support line anymore. Correct me if i'm wrong tho.
Jared21
post Mar 7 2020, 01:46 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(fat cat @ Mar 6 2020, 09:55 AM)
i was wondering as well, why dont these gaming notebook support faster ram? and most support 2666 mhz max usually.

edit: if anyone is curious, here is the difference between Illegear supplied ram and the corsair one i bought. The illegear ram is actually good for one thats given for "free".
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

hmm mine comes with CL19 micron (16gb dual channel). Looks like i'm swapping to Hyper X Impact CL15. Probably will get a custom bios from the notebookreview forum people to enable support for faster speeds
Jared21
post Mar 7 2020, 08:23 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(fat cat @ Mar 7 2020, 03:28 AM)
custom bios? could you pm me the forum or link? would be interested.
I'll link it to you once i can find it. So far its mostly for the GK5 as its a much more popular chassis choice
Jared21
post May 15 2020, 11:25 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ May 13 2020, 12:18 PM)
Is the Illegear Ares V based on the same Clevo barebones as reviewed by Linus Tech Tips in their "The Most Powerful Laptop EVER!!!" video?
Yes it is. This is the same one thats going to be used by most resellers.

If only it had a 17in variant, that would be a pretty nice desktop replacement
Jared21
post May 18 2020, 05:43 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(tommy2468 @ May 18 2020, 05:13 PM)
Illegear got own RAM or just change stickers?
They use Micron memory. 2666mhz at CL19. Thats what came with my Selenite anyways.

This post has been edited by Jared21: May 18 2020, 05:44 PM
Jared21
post May 26 2020, 10:51 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(yongchin89 @ May 25 2020, 09:28 AM)
Oooo, rogue got 5 heatpipe also stay at 94C? I guess it is their profile/tuning that they did
Heat dissipation doesnt just depend on their fan profile but you are correct on that part. It also depends on how much airflow the fans can bring in, the total dissipation ability of the heatpipes and heatsinks etc. It can also depend on the thickness of the laptop as that directly correlates to the thickness of the heatsinks and how large the heatpipes can be

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0710sec    1.04    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 1st August 2021 - 07:19 PM