Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Dashcam Discussion V2 | Dashcam Talk Malaysia, Everything related to dashcam!

views

tehoice
post Feb 27 2020, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Feb 27 2020, 01:46 PM)
Dual channel also need to connect the wire all the way from the back to the front main unit, so similar effort.

There's 2 ways :
1) as you mentioned, can tap the fuse
2) if you're concerned about fuse tapping, can just go the traditional route with a USB charger on the 12V socket. Just get those with at least dual ports and verify the voltage and amperage. Don't buy those unknown brands, pay a little more for quality unit, those more decent units usually also can supply more power.
hmm. okay will think about it. 12v socket is not expensive la. no problem 1.

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 27 2020, 02:10 PM)
Can use 2 front cams as dual dashcam but the 70mai as the rear cam will need a very long micro USB cable to the ciggie port.

Also, have to get 2 micro SD cards.

An advantage of 2 dashcams as dual is if 1 cam fail, still got 1 more running as dual dashcam if the main cam fail then both fail.
QUOTE(blurjoey @ Feb 27 2020, 02:12 PM)
Don't hassle getting it hardwired for this as you won't know how the accessories will do it.

If they cut wires then it's a big no and car warranty gone.

Better use the ciggie port to power the dashcams with a good quality USB charger.
thanks, never think of that too. but i think dashcam rarely fails gua. my cheapo dash cam also can last me like 2 years before it fails. then my previous xiaomi camera also ok je, lasted me a good 2 years before i total loss.

apparently the accessories shop is the panel of the car brand, so won't likely to void the warranty. if this is true, i think i will probably let them do the job than myself.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:36 PM