Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Not muscular OR body fat high?

views

TShotguuy
post Mar 24 2019, 09:07 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
356 posts

I have been gym almost 4 months... My body fat has gone down from 19+% to 17% (weighting scale RM99 one) , body look slightly better now

How do I know I don't have enough muscle OR I m simply still fat. (high body fat) ?

Thanks... I need to know in order for my workout programele
stanum
post Mar 25 2019, 08:31 PM

SharePoint enthusiast
706 posts

Your gym dont have those high end weight scale to measure your fat on all your body parts ka? normally those middle or high end gym should have this. You can check if you have enough muscle or high body fat one.
axtray
post Mar 26 2019, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
707 posts

Can only know if you post a picture of your physique.

But since you've only been to the gym for 4 months, you're most likely still skinny fat I guess?

This post has been edited by axtray: Mar 26 2019, 10:06 AM
sweet_pez
post Mar 26 2019, 02:43 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(hotguuy @ Mar 24 2019, 09:07 PM)
I have been gym almost  4 months... My body fat has gone down from 19+% to 17% (weighting scale RM99 one) , body look slightly better now

How do I know  I don't have enough muscle OR I m simply still fat. (high body fat) ?

Thanks... I need to know in order for my workout programele
Definition of "enough muscle" is...? laugh.gif

End of the day, the lower your body fat % is, the better it will be. I can't really recall what's the healthy fat % for male but great job in getting it to drop 2%.
As for muscles, the higher/ more muscles you have the better it'll be. Simply put, muscles help you to burn more fats so the more you've got, the more you'll burn.
TShotguuy
post Mar 26 2019, 06:14 PM

Casual
356 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Mar 26 2019, 02:43 PM)
Definition of "enough muscle" is...? laugh.gif

End of the day, the lower your body fat % is, the better it will be. I can't really recall what's the healthy fat % for male but great job in getting it to drop 2%.
As for muscles, the higher/ more muscles you have the better it'll be. Simply put, muscles help you to burn more fats so the more you've got, the more you'll burn.
I thought cardio burn more fat than strength workout...

Now, I incorporate cardiobl after workout

num123
post Mar 26 2019, 06:21 PM

Casual
375 posts

QUOTE(hotguuy @ Mar 26 2019, 06:14 PM)

your fat burn stops after you are done with cardio, although some may argue metabolism rate increases for the day after doing cardio

strength workout on the other hand, increases your muscle % and raises your basal metabolism rate and ultimately burning off more fat, in the long run.
sweet_pez
post Mar 26 2019, 06:25 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(hotguuy @ Mar 26 2019, 06:14 PM)

In terms of workout, yes. Cardio like HIIT - high intensity interval training - helps you to burn more calories on that day/ during the workout session. Agree with num123, it's just like he says.

Strength training on the other hand, helps you to tone up. And if you consume protein shakes post-workout, it'll help with muscle recovery and growth. Why? Because when you workout, your muscles tear.

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Mar 26 2019, 06:26 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:33 PM