Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

[ Standard ] · Linear+

> New 10.5-inch iPad Air (2019)

views

zAlyN
post Mar 31 2020, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

how the battery life ipad air compare to ipad 10.2? 700mAh between them noticeable?
PEACE BRO
post May 14 2020, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi, is the 256gb variant at rm2750 a good buy? Appreciate ur thoughts.
Salary
post May 14 2020, 08:18 PM

On my way
524 posts

Over the MCO period, my iPad Air 2019 went on a downwards spiral. First it started with a white spot on the screen, about three inches above the home button. Only noticeable when the background is white/light colour. Then the home button stopped working. Now, whenever it runs out of battery, it goes into recovery mode.

Bloody ridiculous, I bought it less than 6 months ago. Temporarily switching back to my 8 year old iPad.

Anyone made a warranty claim with Machines before? How was your experience?
marquis
post May 14 2020, 09:28 PM

Flower Power!
2,444 posts

QUOTE(Salary @ May 14 2020, 08:18 PM)
Over the MCO period, my iPad Air 2019 went on a downwards spiral. First it started with a white spot on the screen, about three inches above the home button. Only noticeable when the background is white/light colour. Then the home button stopped working. Now, whenever it runs out of battery, it goes into recovery mode.

Bloody ridiculous, I bought it less than 6 months ago. Temporarily switching back to my 8 year old iPad.

Anyone made a warranty claim with Machines before? How was your experience?
If at all possible, don't go to Machines. They're not known to be the most...trustworthy. Or reliable. I personally had a bad experience with them sending my phone in for a battery replacement. Several others have experienced the same if you were to look around the forum. If you absolutely MUST go to Machines, go to the one at Northpoint (Mid Valley). You have a better chance there.

Else, better go to Mac City or Switch instead. I have stopped supporting Machines altogether and actively steer people away from them. That's how badly I view their service.
Salary
post May 14 2020, 10:17 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 14 2020, 09:28 PM)
If at all possible, don't go to Machines. They're not known to be the most...trustworthy. Or reliable. I personally had a bad experience with them sending my phone in for a battery replacement. Several others have experienced the same if you were to look around the forum. If you absolutely MUST go to Machines, go to the one at Northpoint (Mid Valley). You have a better chance there.

Else, better go to Mac City or Switch instead. I have stopped supporting Machines altogether and actively steer people away from them. That's how badly I view their service.

That bad? I bought mine at Midvalley Machines, so thought of going back. Which Switch outlet do you recommend for warranty claim?
kapalterbang_737
post May 15 2020, 01:21 AM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(Salary @ May 14 2020, 10:17 PM)
That bad? I bought mine at Midvalley Machines, so thought of going back. Which Switch outlet do you recommend for warranty claim?
Sent my Apple Pencil 1 for warranty claim in Januray at Swich The Mines
Very easy process, i drop the Pencil there & 3 days later they called me to pick up replacement Pencil. Since Apple Pencil is a non-repairable item, if any problem arises within warranty period they will do 1to1 exchange

Not sure about other device though
Salary
post May 15 2020, 01:27 AM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ May 15 2020, 01:21 AM)
Sent my Apple Pencil 1 for warranty claim in Januray at Swich The Mines
Very easy process, i drop the Pencil there & 3 days later they called me to pick up replacement Pencil. Since Apple Pencil is a non-repairable item, if any problem arises within warranty period they will do 1to1 exchange

Not sure about other device though
Ah.. thanks, good to hear some feedback. Did you buy your Apple Pencil from Switch? They should be offering the same level of service regardless where the Apple product is purchased from right?

Looks like I will be dropping my unit off at Switch.
marquis
post May 15 2020, 02:57 AM

Flower Power!
2,444 posts

QUOTE(Salary @ May 14 2020, 10:17 PM)
If you’re going to the MV branch they’ll direct you to the north point “branch”. It’s specifically for repairs and such. While I had an ok experience there, I just put a blanket ban on Machines as a whole for peace of mind. Any switch should be fine, but +1 for the Mines branch. That’s not the first positive experience I’ve read from the person above.

QUOTE(Salary @ May 15 2020, 01:27 AM)
Ah.. thanks, good to hear some feedback. Did you buy your Apple Pencil from Switch? They should be offering the same level of service regardless where the Apple product is purchased from right?

Alas, such is not the case when it comes to Authorised Resellers. Some places are better than others. I personally have sent my watch to Mac City a few times and had zero hitch with them. I wouldn’t go there to ask any questions though. Several of the branches I’ve been to, I actually know more than the “geniuses” that work there. Seems like they don’t really hire passionate people at Mac City.

I find the people working at EpiCentre to be knowledgeable. Also passionate. Saw someone bringing in one of the earlier models of MacBooks there and they actually know what they were talking about.

Coincidentally, I bought my pencil there. Could use my TreatPoints there so that was a bonus.
Salary
post May 15 2020, 12:28 PM

On my way
524 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 15 2020, 02:57 AM)
If you’re going to the MV branch they’ll direct you to the north point “branch”. It’s specifically for repairs and such. While I had an ok experience there, I just put a blanket ban on Machines as a whole for peace of mind. Any switch should be fine, but +1 for the Mines branch. That’s not the first positive experience I’ve read from the person above.
Alas, such is not the case when it comes to Authorised Resellers. Some places are better than others. I personally have sent my watch to Mac City a few times and had zero hitch with them. I wouldn’t go there to ask any questions though. Several of the branches I’ve been to, I actually know more than the “geniuses” that work there. Seems like they don’t really hire passionate people at Mac City.

I find the people working at EpiCentre to be knowledgeable. Also passionate. Saw someone bringing in one of the earlier models of MacBooks there and they actually know what they were talking about.

Coincidentally, I bought my pencil there. Could use my TreatPoints there so that was a bonus.
Thank you so much for the input. I’ll give Switch a go. Just disappointed that my previous iPad lasted 8 years without a single issue but my new one only lasted 6 months. sad.gif
kapalterbang_737
post May 15 2020, 02:16 PM

Enthusiast
810 posts

QUOTE(Salary @ May 15 2020, 01:27 AM)

Nope, bought the Pencil off someone (2nd hand) but still in warranty, so they still honour it regardless where i bought it. That’s the good thing with Apple products that I like, you don’t have to furnish purchase receipt or anything to claim warranty, only serial number already sufficient

Actually the last time I bought Apple products from online shop/retail shop was back in 2012 tongue.gif

SerioseCat
post May 23 2020, 09:40 AM

Casual
409 posts

Hi, I am planning to buy an ipad air for my sister who will be entering University soon. Anyone here have ordered via Apple Malaysia Education Store? What documents do I need to submit to validate this purchase? Thanks
attw
post May 23 2020, 08:20 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
26,493 posts

QUOTE(SerioseCat @ May 23 2020, 09:40 AM)
Hi, I am planning to buy an ipad air for my sister who will be entering University soon.  Anyone here have ordered via Apple Malaysia Education Store?  What documents do I need to submit to validate this purchase?  Thanks
I think you just need to produce the Student ID if requested.
hyperyouth_firepower
post Jun 8 2020, 07:09 PM

BlackBerry enthusiast
1,805 posts

Hi. Can anyone provide me with some pointers?

I'm planning to buy an iPad Air 2019 tomorrow. 256GB even though its somewhat overbudget. (paying in instalment).

I saw that I can stretch it out (but that's waaay overbudget) for an iPad pro (I've done some homework by reading hundreds of pages combined in threads, but no such thing as cheap iPad Pro 2018, else I would love to grab that). Just because of the RAM and supposedly "longetivity". Planning to buy once, never sell forever, use until kaput for as many years as possible.

Should I stick with iPad Air 256GB, or really go "YOLO" for a iPad Pro 2020 64GB? (technically both are already overbudget in a sense)

I'm using this as a surface pro 2 (2014 model) replacement. I have a very decent mobile workstation (huge beefy Clevo laptop).

Any response would be much appreciated. Thank you

(edited for clarity of question)

This post has been edited by hyperyouth_firepower: Jun 8 2020, 07:10 PM
geekmy
post Jun 19 2020, 12:12 PM

4 posts

Does anyone know where I can find this in Malaysia? Or is it not in our market yet? I've been searching the common online shops and couldn't seem to find one that ships here.

https://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/co...buy-combo-touch
ToniV
post Jun 22 2020, 04:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,162 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Nov 13 2019, 11:38 AM)
Then basic iPad should suit u.

Now with the new bigger display, it does look a bit better than before.
QUOTE(marquis @ Nov 13 2019, 02:26 PM)
I got mine for RM 1,899. iPad Pro 10.5 (2017), Wifi, 256GB. This was a random price drop last month I think.

If you're budget is that high, then the iPad Air is fine too. Although, I think it might be overkill for your usage.

Do you own other Apple devices? If you do, and you can maximise your workflow (work on Mac/iPhone, then move on to iPad, or vice versa).

If the iPad is purely a tablet to entertain yourself/your kids, I think going for anything higher than the basic iPad is...not worth it. I think the money would be better spent on getting a hardy case and screen protector (since it'll be mainly for your children at the age they discover they can throw stuff laugh.gif )

What I would do is get the 2018 iPad in a higher storage configuration, and spring for the data model. That way your kids will always have access to youtube/netflix or whatever platform you prefer.

Another more portable option would be the iPad mini. Same thing though - higher storage and 4G model.

Why more storage? They're likely gonna be downloading a lot of games...32GB would fill up quite fast. 4G (data) model so you can stream, anywhere, anytime, without having to tether to your phone. Downside to the mini? It's small. So not as satisfying to watch videos on a smaller screen. Upside to that is, it's small - easier for kiddy hands. Although they do have cases meant specifically for this.

---

Having said all that, check out the prices first before committing. I'm basing my (best) price on my last research:

All base model storage
- iPad 2018, wifi-  RM 1150
- iPad Air, 2019, wifi - RM 2,150

Side note, the 10.2 iPad is going for about 1.9k for the 128gb. So I guess that's your benchmark.

Last I saw, the 2018 iPad, 32GB was going for about 1.2k on Lazada.

Might wanna dig around and see what you can get. My personal advice? Wait on 12/12 for a high likelihood of a deal. If you're not too bothered about the price, go for either SenHeng or Harvey Norman since they usually have additional warranty.
good day sifus, just want to know whether the ipad 7th gen 10.2 can handle daily tasks for student? Microsoft office, pdf, editing document and taking notes. youtube and social media. does the a10 performs well?
NathanBar P
post Jun 22 2020, 08:21 AM

Probation
1 posts

Hi there! online pharmacies online pharmacy xanax</a>
ToniV
post Jun 25 2020, 06:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,162 posts

QUOTE(geekmy @ Jun 19 2020, 12:12 PM)
Does anyone know where I can find this in Malaysia? Or is it not in our market yet? I've been searching the common online shops and couldn't seem to find one that ships here.

https://www.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/co...buy-combo-touch
looking for this too. so far no luck.

18 Pages « < 16 17 18Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th August 2020 - 02:08 PM