Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New 10.5-inch iPad Air (2019)

views

Salary
post May 14 2020, 08:18 PM

On my way
664 posts

Over the MCO period, my iPad Air 2019 went on a downwards spiral. First it started with a white spot on the screen, about three inches above the home button. Only noticeable when the background is white/light colour. Then the home button stopped working. Now, whenever it runs out of battery, it goes into recovery mode.

Bloody ridiculous, I bought it less than 6 months ago. Temporarily switching back to my 8 year old iPad.

Anyone made a warranty claim with Machines before? How was your experience?
Salary
post May 14 2020, 10:17 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 14 2020, 09:28 PM)
If at all possible, don't go to Machines. They're not known to be the most...trustworthy. Or reliable. I personally had a bad experience with them sending my phone in for a battery replacement. Several others have experienced the same if you were to look around the forum. If you absolutely MUST go to Machines, go to the one at Northpoint (Mid Valley). You have a better chance there.

Else, better go to Mac City or Switch instead. I have stopped supporting Machines altogether and actively steer people away from them. That's how badly I view their service.

That bad? I bought mine at Midvalley Machines, so thought of going back. Which Switch outlet do you recommend for warranty claim?
Salary
post May 15 2020, 01:27 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ May 15 2020, 01:21 AM)
Sent my Apple Pencil 1 for warranty claim in Januray at Swich The Mines
Very easy process, i drop the Pencil there & 3 days later they called me to pick up replacement Pencil. Since Apple Pencil is a non-repairable item, if any problem arises within warranty period they will do 1to1 exchange

Not sure about other device though
Ah.. thanks, good to hear some feedback. Did you buy your Apple Pencil from Switch? They should be offering the same level of service regardless where the Apple product is purchased from right?

Looks like I will be dropping my unit off at Switch.
Salary
post May 15 2020, 12:28 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(marquis @ May 15 2020, 02:57 AM)
If you’re going to the MV branch they’ll direct you to the north point “branch”. It’s specifically for repairs and such. While I had an ok experience there, I just put a blanket ban on Machines as a whole for peace of mind. Any switch should be fine, but +1 for the Mines branch. That’s not the first positive experience I’ve read from the person above.
Alas, such is not the case when it comes to Authorised Resellers. Some places are better than others. I personally have sent my watch to Mac City a few times and had zero hitch with them. I wouldn’t go there to ask any questions though. Several of the branches I’ve been to, I actually know more than the “geniuses” that work there. Seems like they don’t really hire passionate people at Mac City.

I find the people working at EpiCentre to be knowledgeable. Also passionate. Saw someone bringing in one of the earlier models of MacBooks there and they actually know what they were talking about.

Coincidentally, I bought my pencil there. Could use my TreatPoints there so that was a bonus.
Thank you so much for the input. I’ll give Switch a go. Just disappointed that my previous iPad lasted 8 years without a single issue but my new one only lasted 6 months. sad.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0725sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:44 PM