Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

ILLEGEAR Selenite Discussion Thread V1, world’s first 17.3” bezel-less laptop

views

TSmcloudteo
post Mar 7 2019, 10:55 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Volt @ Mar 7 2019, 08:27 PM)
should be on your start menu but i do agree, the sound on the selenite isnt great. I felt my older Z5 have a lil bit better sound then this.
I think the software is the problem because even on earphone im still disappointed.
I'm ok with headphone but the internal speaker is mehhh I think something to do with driver, the sound just too soft i already crank it up to 100% sweat.gif
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 7 2019, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Volt @ Mar 7 2019, 08:27 PM)
should be on your start menu but i do agree, the sound on the selenite isnt great. I felt my older Z5 have a lil bit better sound then this.
I think the software is the problem because even on earphone im still disappointed.
Just tried to reinstall the soundblaster but it show offline rclxub.gif
Omega5777
post Mar 7 2019, 11:25 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Feb 27 2019, 01:28 PM)
Copy my reply from the other thread.

I'm just a occasionally gamer, spend most of my time with work and family, so far I did try league and legend and Dota 2 max out all the settings i can get 120++ fps for Dota 2 for LoL i post the screen shot below btw I never experience any throttling at least for this two game.

user posted image
Actually in dota 2 video settings u can set fps higher under max fps allowed. Default is 120.
Maybe you try to increase and see.
AZIM@ILLEGEAR
post Mar 8 2019, 12:36 PM

28 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 7 2019, 10:55 PM)
I'm ok with headphone but the internal speaker is mehhh I think something to do with driver, the sound just too soft i already crank it up to 100%  sweat.gif
As per checking with other users, the sound will be dramatically improved once the Sound Blaster suite has been installed, but you would need to wait for the subsequent Windows Update to be pushed into the machine since Microsoft will be distributing the update in batches, more info can be found here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4577650/+100

Hence, I would recommend you to re-install the Sound Blaster Cinema 5 which can be downloaded from this link here http://tiny.cc/2mjv3y (Sound Blaster Cinema 5)

user posted image
For the installation, kindly launch the 3 highlighted installation files respectively and once done, kindly perform a reboot before the first usage 😊

For reference purposes, kindly find the driver suite for the ILLEGEAR Selenite by using this link: http://bit.ly/2ILBylF (interchangeable with RTX-series for Onyx & Selenite)

For extracting the archive, kindly use this software: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

TSmcloudteo
post Mar 8 2019, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(AZIM@ILLEGEAR @ Mar 8 2019, 12:36 PM)
As per checking with other users, the sound will be dramatically improved once the Sound Blaster suite has been installed, but you would need to wait for the subsequent Windows Update to be pushed into the machine since Microsoft will be distributing the update in batches, more info can be found here https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4577650/+100

Hence, I would recommend you to re-install the Sound Blaster Cinema 5 which can be downloaded from this link here http://tiny.cc/2mjv3y (Sound Blaster Cinema 5)

user posted image
For the installation, kindly launch the 3 highlighted installation files respectively and once done, kindly perform a reboot before the first usage 😊

For reference purposes, kindly find the driver suite for the ILLEGEAR Selenite by using this link: http://bit.ly/2ILBylF (interchangeable with RTX-series for Onyx & Selenite)

For extracting the archive, kindly use this software: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Thanks Azim the Sound Blaster Cinema 5 working now after the Windows update updated the Creative Software Component driver rclxms.gif

The sound volume and quality improve a lot after the Sound Blaster work properly rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by mcloudteo: Mar 8 2019, 11:02 PM
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 8 2019, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Omega5777 @ Mar 7 2019, 11:25 PM)
Actually in dota 2 video settings u can set fps higher under max fps allowed. Default is 120.
Maybe you try to increase and see.
Dota 2 is not FPS game so not point going higher than 120 except for benchmark rolleyes.gif

Even 80 fps is good enough for this game. biggrin.gif
Prince J
post Mar 9 2019, 02:52 PM

Regular
1,272 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 8 2019, 10:56 PM)
Thanks Azim the Sound Blaster Cinema 5 working now after the Windows update updated the Creative Software Component driver rclxms.gif

The sound volume and quality improve a lot after the Sound Blaster work properly  rclxm9.gif
Glad it has been sorted out smile.gif
It's day and night difference with and without Sound Blaster Cinema 5.
DSV4600
post Mar 12 2019, 01:34 AM

Casual
432 posts

This is a very lonely thread. So little people using the Selenite? It's like looking for Kryptonite...
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 12 2019, 07:55 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(DSV4600 @ Mar 12 2019, 01:34 AM)
This is a very lonely thread. So little people using the Selenite? It's like looking for Kryptonite...
I think most of them in Illegear gaming laptop thread.
Omega5777
post Mar 13 2019, 11:50 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 12 2019, 07:55 PM)
Not many selenite owner i guess.
Most are using raven or laguna.

Latest review by Monaliza on selenite rtx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhCJtPKChE
Prince J
post Mar 13 2019, 12:00 PM

Regular
1,272 posts

QUOTE(DSV4600 @ Mar 12 2019, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 12 2019, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE(Omega5777 @ Mar 13 2019, 11:50 AM)

Selenite is a relatively new model, not even 5 months. This model is selling very well also.

This post has been edited by Prince J: Mar 13 2019, 04:28 PM
Uzumaki NaruTo
post Mar 13 2019, 02:35 PM

oro?
4,187 posts

Finally my Sager NP8130 croaked and immediately make a rushed order for Selenite.

Thanks guys for making it a very speedy order and i am having fun writing tender and developing code right now . 0 hours logged for game right now.
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 13 2019, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Omega5777 @ Mar 13 2019, 11:50 AM)

one thing i will say why not usb port (non type c) at the back? so i can plug my mouse at the back of my laptop tongue.gif

although sometime you might want to plug into the left/right usb port for easy remover but in the situation where you have limited space or you just want the cable out of your sight usb at the back might be useful.

for the mechanical keyboard I hope the key cap can be more firmly attach to the keyboard less wobble and a little bit more resistance will be better, what you guy think? rolleyes.gif
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 13 2019, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(l2k @ Mar 13 2019, 02:02 PM)
Hey guys, received my selenite smile.gif

Any recommendation of "must-have" software for
- tuning (undervolt)
- temp and fps monitor
- battery charging protection software?
- any others?
l2k for undervolt you can do it in bios unless you want more advance feature to tune the boost time windows, overclock etc you may want to get throttlestop or Intel Extreme Tuning utility. I did mine in bios with -0.100mv tongue.gif
- temp and fps monitor - MSI afterburner
- battery charging protection? never use one before guess just change the battery if wear level is high, my another 2 laptop still survive without changing the battery guess i don't bother to have this type of software.
- I will keep startup software to minimal so extra software really depend on what you want to achieve. HWMonitor might be useful it show a lot of sensor reading of your laptop.
l2k
post Mar 13 2019, 10:50 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 13 2019, 07:57 PM)
l2k for undervolt you can do it in bios unless you want more advance feature to tune the boost time windows, overclock etc you may want to get throttlestop or Intel Extreme Tuning utility. I did mine in bios with -0.100mv  tongue.gif
- temp and fps monitor - MSI afterburner
- battery charging protection? never use one before guess just change the battery if wear level is high, my another 2 laptop still survive without changing the battery guess i don't bother to have this type of software.
- I will keep startup software to minimal so extra software really depend on what you want to achieve. HWMonitor might be useful it show a lot of sensor reading of your laptop.
Thanks alot. Never know the core voltage can be tuned via bios. I am doing some quick stress test at the moment with Intel extreme tuning and found that the cpu temp rises up quite fast to 90c+ and it seems to me the fan profile is not that aggressive. Cpu clock most of the time stay at 3.85ghz. Not sure if this is normal, I was expecting better performance from selenite... Will try to undervolt the core n cache, then proceed to gpu.

This post has been edited by l2k: Mar 13 2019, 10:52 PM
l2k
post Mar 14 2019, 09:51 AM

1 posts

Just to quickly ask around here:

What are the setting are running with you selenite to get a good balance between performance and thermal?

1. Core voltage offset
2. Max package TDP limit
3. Turbo time limit
Omega5777
post Mar 14 2019, 02:52 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(mcloudteo @ Mar 13 2019, 07:42 PM)
one thing i will say why not usb port (non type c)  at the back?  so i can plug my mouse at the back of my laptop  tongue.gif 
although sometime you might want to plug into the left/right usb port for easy remover but in the situation where you have limited space or you just want the cable out of your sight usb at the back might be useful.
for the mechanical keyboard I hope the key cap can be more firmly attach to the keyboard less wobble and a little bit more resistance will be better, what you guy think?  rolleyes.gif
I dont really mind the usb port location as will be using wireless almost all the time smile.gif
As for the mech keyboard, it is one of the reasons i went with Selenite. The cap 3 brown switch is really awesome.
Though it does need some slight adjustment time to get used to.
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 14 2019, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(l2k @ Mar 13 2019, 10:50 PM)
Thanks alot. Never know the core voltage can be tuned via bios. I am doing some quick stress test at the moment with Intel extreme tuning and found that the cpu temp rises up quite fast to 90c+ and it seems to me the fan profile is not that aggressive. Cpu clock most of the time stay at 3.85ghz. Not sure if this is normal, I was expecting better performance from selenite... Will try to undervolt the core n cache, then proceed to gpu.
The 3.88 should be the max if all core are active, unless you tune the default settings, 4.1Ghz is only achievable if only 2 Cores are active you can refer to the screen shot below (from throttlestop)

user posted image

This post has been edited by mcloudteo: Mar 14 2019, 06:36 PM
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 14 2019, 06:45 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(l2k @ Mar 14 2019, 09:51 AM)
Just to quickly ask around here:

What are the setting are running with you selenite to get a good balance between performance and thermal?

1. Core voltage offset
2. Max package TDP limit
3. Turbo time limit
I didn't tune all these, I did the setting in bios which the same setting tune the Core voltage offset & Cache voltage offset to -0.100mv, coz for my daily usage I didn't face any performance issue nor heat issue so I didn't tune it further.

but for those you are not aware if you in office mode you will face power limit throttling so if you play game better switch to game mode, for command center you can leave it at "Equilibrium mode" even you play game.
TSmcloudteo
post Mar 14 2019, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Omega5777 @ Mar 14 2019, 02:52 PM)
I dont really mind the usb port location as will be using wireless almost all the time  smile.gif
As for the mech keyboard, it is one of the reasons i went with Selenite. The cap 3 brown switch is really awesome.
Though it does need some slight adjustment time to get used to.
I like mechanical keyboard too but strangely I feel my Lenovo Thinkpad keyboard is better than my Selenite, though the Selenite advantage is the full size keyboard which include the num pad where Thinkpad don't have that.

Just try it side by side with my Thinkpad I know the different now it's the response on the key press, I can feel it clearly the bounce-back force of each key press in Thinkpad which is like a feed back to me tell me that i pressed the key where Selenite the bounce-back force it's not as strong.

This post has been edited by mcloudteo: Mar 14 2019, 07:38 PM

35 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:47 PM