9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Stop bringing your date to the movies, it is lame

views

Zoopdiidoo
post Feb 13 2019, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(fearless_kiki @ Feb 13 2019, 10:56 AM)
Maybe for those that have good charisma, venue doesn't matter. Just saying that movie dates has its downside. For me, there are so many things to do other than this type of cliche date.

Actually my bf likes to go to movies too. But he won me over through other events. Not because of movie date.

Well,  it's not only me that has this opinion (I'm not much of a movie goer) . My bf told me her exes also have the same view as me (dislike movie dates). So I dunno.

P/s: wow, nowadays girls so open to piap piap? Less than 5 dates already piap? I sound like grandma now.
Don't get us wrong.
Dinner + movie is a mainstay for dating...but its not the only thing couples do.
We do also go to events, clubs, outdoorsy stuff, short road trips, group outings, food hunting, nowadays bubble tea hunting, cafe chats, long vacays, but all those is like once a while thing.
Majority is a Dinner + movie date.

eggtart02
post Feb 13 2019, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(fearless_kiki @ Feb 12 2019, 11:30 PM)
Wah,  a lot of places I could think of. But it pretty much depends on what the interest of your date. (but I'm sure you all ask when you get to know the person right?)

1. Events like countdown, food fair because it doesn't happen all year long. Can make memorable memories. Go facebook or ask around to know whether got events lately.
2. Places that has nice view to take photographs like park,  selfie museum, cafes with nice deco. During Christmas, CNY,  Raya, Deepavali time lagi best because a lot of mall deco. Take photos of each other. Can learn photography skills like angles from your date maybe. If your date very shy,  just say: I will make you look good, no worries
3. Window shopping. Even supermarket also can for some people.  If your date spot something nice and within your budget, can offer to buy for your date. Can learn what he/she like and dislike.
4. Learn cooking.  Can learn new recipe and have fun.
5. Ice skating. Can hold hand hold waist without being label hamsap.
6. Hiking. Can hold hand to pull the girl at steep. Can see the girl without makeup.
7. Go Arcade play multiple player games like taiko drum or racing. Be sure to give your date to win so everyone happy.

These are few I could think of...
I approve of all this but I like movie date cause I'm a movie-goer.
Before/ after that can have a meal together. Followed by dessert when there are nothing interesting nearby.
Plus its easy to plan. rclxm9.gif

PhakFuhZai
post Feb 13 2019, 11:26 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

sing K ok or not rolleyes.gif

the room is dark dark, plus can see the scale of her "introvercy" through the way she sings [left: most introvert, right: most extrovert], can pick the duet songs and see how she sings

Zoopdiidoo
post Feb 13 2019, 11:27 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Feb 13 2019, 10:25 AM)
This i can second.

1st date at cinema -> her choice of movie(romantic genre of course) then supper.
2nd date at beach hanging out then dinner.
3rd date onward movie/dinner/outing/piap piap lol.

Sound lame? We got married 2 years later... cool2.gif
She is my 5th gf and last one too.

Edit: Don't think the above got any to do with generation as the marriage was last year.
3rd date already coitus...not bad.
Didn't happen that fast cos my third date with my wife was only 2 days after the first date.
Didn't wanna rush things previously as well cos dun wanna be deemed a wolf only out of coitus.
Also, coitus needs connection, not just pump and dump type, so i guess its worth waiting for that connection....but not too long though.
andrekua2
post Feb 13 2019, 11:28 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,490 posts

Kinda true... but not always. When I was younger, my friend asked me to tag along a few times when he's doing blind date (IRC/ICQ). Im kinda happy that its a movie session. LOL....

ViktorJ
post Feb 13 2019, 11:30 AM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(fearless_kiki @ Feb 12 2019, 08:42 PM)
So I had a conversation with other people about where guys would bring dates to. The most cliche response were: go to movies, follow up with a dinner. (because everyone watches movies so it's a no brainer?)

You know what?

Bringing your date to the movies is the worst place you can bring.

You are wasting 2 hours of your date having 0 interactions.  You cannot be touchy touchy to the girl because she's not your girlfriend (at least not yet). Any attempts would be deemed as hamsap. After the movie you think you have 1 topic to start the conversation?  Well,  what if the movie suck? Or even if the movie is good,  you learn nothing about her,  and she learns nothing about you too. And...  You don't stand out from the 99 guys that are courting her too.
Actually I wanted to ask:

Is this specifically in reference to the FIRST date? Or just dates in general?
PhakFuhZai
post Feb 13 2019, 11:30 AM

harimau putih
1,587 posts

QUOTE(Zoopdiidoo @ Feb 13 2019, 11:27 AM)
3rd date already coitus...not bad.
Didn't happen that fast cos my third date with my wife was only 2 days after the first date.
Didn't wanna rush things previously as well cos dun wanna be deemed a wolf only out of coitus.
Also, coitus needs connection, not just pump and dump type, so i guess its worth waiting for that connection....but not too long though.
for once i had to go to google translate to get the meaning of coitus sweat.gif

why not just use the term "piap", its malaysia and this is LYN forum

third date happens 2 days after the first date, means you both dated for 3 sequential days, that is still not fast?

dembaba9000
post Feb 13 2019, 11:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,748 posts

If you have nothing to talk about after a movie, it's your problem not the movie.

Regardless if the movie suits your taste buds or not, the amount of people and resources involved into making a movie, you cannot take that away.

And you have nothing to talk about?? Plot, Actors, Chemistry, CGI, Adaptation Accuracy, Cultural References, Camera works, and the list goes on.

This post has been edited by dembaba9000: Feb 13 2019, 11:33 AM
Zoopdiidoo
post Feb 13 2019, 11:36 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Feb 13 2019, 11:30 AM)

third date happens 2 days after the first date, means you both dated for 3 sequential days, that is still not fast?
LOL in /k i will use piap piap.
Cupid Corner serious a bit use coitus.
I mean we dated so fast, 3 dates in 3 days....if i followed the guys number of date to coitus sequence i was replying to, it would be 3 days start dating then already coitus with my gf.
edisoner90
post Feb 13 2019, 11:38 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(pers1stence @ Feb 13 2019, 11:35 AM)
if he has no other options, why not.
usually sop is once per week until her attraction rises.
your sop is refer to go for a date once a week??
TSfearless_kiki
post Feb 13 2019, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Feb 13 2019, 11:26 AM)
sing K ok or not rolleyes.gif

the room is dark dark, plus can see the scale of her "introvercy" through the way she sings [left: most introvert, right: most extrovert], can pick the duet songs and see how she sings
Depends on the girl. Sing k I on. I like couple songs but my bf is banana so limit to english songs only. Hahaha... Sad sad.

I got friend that doesn't sing k. So before you decide, you can ask if she normally sing k or not.
myteam94
post Feb 13 2019, 11:39 AM

Casual
400 posts

I have two dates style with my Gf (soon to be fiancee)

Short date and long date

Short date consist of
-dinner/lunch
-jalan2 around KL
-hangout at starbuck

Long date consist of
- Movie as starter or closure of the day
- Dinner/Lunch
-Hangout at Putrajaya/KLIA
-jalan2 at taman

movie is a must for long date because is where we can spend time peaceful without those annoying shopper in the mall.

one good thing about watching movie is, after finish it we can talk about it
like the MC was stupid la, fight scene not enough, jump scare boring, Femala Character boing2.

thus, movie never a disappointment only the viewer are (people with kids under 6yrs old bring into cinema)
TSfearless_kiki
post Feb 13 2019, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Feb 13 2019, 11:30 AM)
Actually I wanted to ask:

Is this specifically in reference to the FIRST date? Or just dates in general?
Er... First or second date at least. Because you haven't know the person well = don't have a lot of topics to talk about. Subsequent dates are ok.
edisoner90
post Feb 13 2019, 11:44 AM

Casual
352 posts

QUOTE(myteam94 @ Feb 13 2019, 11:39 AM)
I have two dates style with my Gf (soon to be fiancee)

Short date and long date

Short date consist of
-dinner/lunch
-jalan2 around KL
-hangout at starbuck

Long date consist of
- Movie as starter or closure of the day
- Dinner/Lunch
-Hangout at Putrajaya/KLIA
-jalan2 at taman

movie is a must for long date because is where we can spend time peaceful without those annoying shopper in the mall.

one good thing about watching movie is, after finish it we can talk about it
like the MC was stupid la, fight scene not enough, jump scare boring, Femala Character boing2.

thus, movie never a disappointment only the viewer are (people with kids under 6yrs old bring into cinema)
which part of putrajaya area is good?? recommendation what can you do there?

OMG go KLIA for what?? what can u do there at KLIA? blink.gif confused.gif

TSfearless_kiki
post Feb 13 2019, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(dembaba9000 @ Feb 13 2019, 11:31 AM)
If you have nothing to talk about after a movie, it's your problem not the movie.

Regardless if the movie suits your taste buds or not, the amount of people and resources involved into making a movie, you cannot take that away.

And you have nothing to talk about?? Plot, Actors, Chemistry, CGI, Adaptation Accuracy, Cultural References, Camera works, and the list goes on.
Yes, sure. Many to talk about but none of them related to your date or yourself. Isn't that the purpose to date? Get to know the person?
ViktorJ
post Feb 13 2019, 11:51 AM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(fearless_kiki @ Feb 13 2019, 11:44 AM)
Yes,  sure. Many to talk about but none of them related to your date or yourself. Isn't that the purpose to date? Get to know the person?
If you are charming enough, you can always use the movie to do it.

"Ooooh baby, you actually have the same eyes as <Arwen/Legolas>. I am certain your beauty will be as radiant and as fair forever, just like <Arwen/Legolas>! Jom, lets go horse riding, and then you can tell me all about your other interests"

Sorry, I just remembered what my first date movie was. I ate her baskin robbins ice cream and said YUCK, even though I love peanut butter. Dumb shit kid.
eggtart02
post Feb 13 2019, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Feb 13 2019, 11:30 AM)

I learned the term from big bang theory.
But yeah in lyn, everyone just used piap so its unusual tongue.gif

QUOTE(fearless_kiki @ Feb 13 2019, 11:44 AM)
Yes,  sure. Many to talk about but none of them related to your date or yourself. Isn't that the purpose to date? Get to know the person?
But there is just so much you can talk about yourself. Sometimes can run out of topic too. blush.gif
By discussing about the movie, you can also gauge what type the person he/she is, what they like/ dislike.

This post has been edited by eggtart02: Feb 13 2019, 11:57 AM
ViktorJ
post Feb 13 2019, 11:53 AM

Dancy Drinky Doggo
1,004 posts

QUOTE(eggtart02 @ Feb 13 2019, 11:52 AM)
I learned the term from big bang theory.
But yeah in lyn, everyone just used piap so its unusual  tongue.gif
Yeah, and Sheldon is the world's most clueless person in relation to anything in CC tongue.gif
myteam94
post Feb 13 2019, 11:54 AM

Casual
400 posts

QUOTE(edisoner90 @ Feb 13 2019, 11:44 AM)
which part of putrajaya area is good?? recommendation what can you do there?

OMG go KLIA for what?? what can u do there at KLIA? blink.gif  confused.gif
Putrajaya

i always lepak in front of Palace of Justice before go back, drive-thru Mcd
Putrajaya at night, really peaceful for me compare to KL

KLIA? well I love to see airplanes, second stewardess brows.gif
but mainly airplanes. Hahahaa yea I have a weird lepak area
because whenever i wanna find peace, I go either KLIA or KLIA2
my gf also like it because we are far away for hectic KL nod.gif

Beach sometime we go only during long holiday
P.D and Klebang usually our spot
TSfearless_kiki
post Feb 13 2019, 11:54 AM

Getting Started
278 posts

QUOTE(ViktorJ @ Feb 13 2019, 11:51 AM)
If you are charming enough, you can always use the movie to do it.

"Ooooh baby, you actually have the same eyes as <Arwen/Legolas>. I am certain your beauty will be as radiant and as fair forever, just like <Arwen/Legolas>! Jom, lets go horse riding, and then you can tell me all about your other interests"

Sorry, I just remembered what my first date movie was. I ate her baskin robbins ice cream and said YUCK, even though I love peanut butter. Dumb shit kid.
Eh, but you need to make sure the girl also movie kia baru can work. If not she look at you with blank eyes. Hahaha

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:05 PM