Tx3 mini tv box, Tx3 mini review

views

AVFAN
post Apr 18 2019, 05:27 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 18 2019, 04:17 PM)
Cause I stream for 5 continuous hours in a ceiling  fan only room, and the box does not feel super hot when I touched the top or bottom.
this is probably the best thing about tx3mini and tx5max - they stay cool.

tx6 is said to have heating issues.

dunno why... maybe amlogic chipsets work cooler than allwinner or rockchip??
SCThong
post Apr 20 2019, 12:49 PM

20 posts

Looks like price drop.
Now RM116 for 2GB + 16GB
Only RM114 with discount voucher

and Shopee Shocking Sale at 8pm, to which I suspect the 1GB +16Gb is put on sale for RM85
Only RM84 with discount voucher.

user posted image

user posted image

[Click Here TX3 mini]

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 2 2019, 02:45 PM)
i got hold of a tx3 mini, played with it for a few hours.

for its price of rm111, it is a no brainer, best value for money for simple use.

amlogic s905w, 2+16gb, android 7.1.2, build dated 2018.12.29.

non-gigabit rj45, 2.4ghz only, works good even for 50ft.

comes with renamed kodi17.6.

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 10 2019, 11:13 PM)

so, the modified version does something, i guess.
this means the tanix tx3 mini at rm118 is probably the cheapest box available that can run astrogo! biggrin.gif
SCThong
post Apr 20 2019, 02:35 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 18 2019, 05:27 PM)

tx6 is said to have heating issues.

dunno why... maybe amlogic chipsets work cooler than allwinner or rockchip??
I think I know where you got that information from.
It is from a neighbour forum.... hahaha
poster by the name Xiao Chen or Xiaofan Chen???

I kinda like the Tx6 for the external antenna feature, if monthly pocket money permits in the future, I will get my hands on this and see how effective the wifi range is. I feel the overheating and watt usage is over exaggerated. Again different manufacturers, different build quality.

I have lined up a 50 ft cable for my new Tx3 mini 1 +16, just in case I couldn't fine tune the 2.4Ghz band with 5 other neighbours wifi, and the long RJ45 cable is hanging across my house ceiling.. hahahaha, family complain why no put trunking. I told them, I might not need the Lan cable if what AVFAN says is correct... hahahaha.

This post has been edited by SCThong: Apr 20 2019, 02:36 PM
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2019, 03:13 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 20 2019, 02:35 PM)
I think I know where you got that information from.
It is from a neighbour forum.... hahaha
poster by the name Xiao Chen or Xiaofan Chen???

I kinda like the Tx6 for the external antenna feature, if monthly pocket money permits in the future, I will get my  hands on this and see how effective the wifi range is. I feel the overheating and watt usage is over exaggerated. Again different manufacturers, different build quality.

I have lined up a 50 ft cable for my new Tx3 mini 1 +16, just in case I couldn't fine tune the 2.4Ghz band with 5 other neighbours wifi, and the long RJ45 cable is hanging across my house ceiling.. hahahaha, family complain why no put trunking. I told them, I might not need the Lan cable if what AVFAN says is correct... hahahaha.
tx6 with android9 is cheaper than tx5max with android8.

i guess there must be something not so good. biggrin.gif

but generally, i think amlogic chipsets are preferred over allwinner or rockchip.

SCThong
post Apr 20 2019, 07:22 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 20 2019, 03:13 PM)
tx6 with android9 is cheaper than tx5max with android8.

i guess there must be something not so good. biggrin.gif

but generally, i think amlogic chipsets are preferred over allwinner or rockchip.
I do know that Tx6 was originally released with Android 7.
Then recently they come preinstalled with Android 9. Some sellers take advantage to jack up the price due to the Android 9 factor, but others maintain the same pricing as before in Android 7.

I am not in the know why these changes. Maybe it was to address the all winner processor not optimized with Android 7, thus the change to Android 9. But straight up, Android 9 May not be stable or mature enough yet for Android OTT boxes. However it is always nice to know the hardware can run on latest Android. At least the security the box may not be obsolete too early. With that being said, it is whether the popular streaming apps can operate in the Android version and not necessarily getting the latest Android is best. I do know up to 6 months ago, there are some who were adamant that Android 6 is better and much stable than Android 7 for the apps they use in their android boxes. So always 2 side to a coin.
AVFAN
post Apr 20 2019, 09:23 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 20 2019, 07:22 PM)
I do know that Tx6 was originally released with Android 7.
Then recently they come preinstalled with Android 9. Some sellers take advantage to jack up the price due to the Android 9 factor, but others maintain the same pricing as before in Android 7.

I am not in the know why these changes. Maybe it was to address the all winner processor not optimized with Android 7, thus the change to Android 9. But straight up, Android 9 May not be stable or mature enough yet for Android OTT boxes. However it is always nice to know the hardware can run on latest Android. At least the security the box may not be obsolete too early. With that being said, it is whether the popular streaming apps can operate in the Android version and not necessarily getting the latest Android is best. I do know up to 6 months ago, there are some who were adamant that Android 6 is better and much stable than Android 7 for the apps they use in their android boxes. So always 2 side to a coin.
nobody really knows all that stuff.

but we know...

android 4 is obsolete, dead in the water.

android 5 is next to die, maybe 1-2 years life left.

android6... around very short, got leaped by 7 very quickly.

8 is popular now.

9 is too new, not many users.

so... i say if buying anything new, 7 or 8 is good, can stay good for 3-5 years.

9 is risky... i will not want it now.
SCThong
post Apr 20 2019, 10:15 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 20 2019, 12:49 PM)
Looks like price drop.
Now RM116 for 2GB + 16GB

and Shopee Shocking Sale at 8pm, to which I suspect the 1GB +16Gb is put on sale for RM85

user posted image

user posted image
[Click Here TX3 mini]
Omg, 2gb +16gb going for sale at rm85. I message seller if true or not. He says there is a mistake is the system, but he will honor the sale eventhough selling at a loss.
What a gentleman seller. Kudos to him. Full respect.
Sadly, I just bought the 1gb. You guys better hurry up. Still got stock.

This post has been edited by SCThong: Apr 22 2019, 02:08 PM
SzeMeng76
post Apr 21 2019, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,318 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 11 2019, 01:22 PM)
ah, ok..! biggrin.gif
but really, 1+8gb leaves no room for anything else after a few simple apps.
2+16 wud be minimum for present use, imo.
3 or 4+32 is ideal to cater for a lot more apps and contingencies.
bigger storage bodes well for those wanting to use kodi quasar.

for potential buyers of Tanix:

Tanix TX3 Mini has this "superuser" close or open root option in android settings, which is something i do not see in other boxes.
Once root closed, Astrogo go modified and Unifi Playtv official will work.
i suppose it is built in the s905w soc - a simple and useful feature.

Tanix TX5 Max uses s905x2 chipset, doesn't have that superuser option.
BUT, can easily install SuperSU app from playstore, unroot, restart - that's all.
Then, Astrogo modified and Unifi Playtv official will work.
Done that, all good.
Hi had ordered TX5 max, some question to ask to unroot.
Since it do not have the "superuser" function to open/close root.
How to use the SuperSU app? It is unroot permanently? Can I root it back? Just like other Tanix have the superuser,
can simply root / unroot with 1 press.
AVFAN
post Apr 21 2019, 10:49 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Apr 21 2019, 10:36 AM)
Hi had ordered TX5 max, some question to ask to unroot.
Since it do not have the "superuser" function to open/close root.
How to use the SuperSU app? It is unroot permanently? Can I root it back? Just like other Tanix have the superuser,
can simply root / unroot with 1 press.
Install superSU app, go to menu to unroot.

One way ticket.... once unroot, cant go back.

Yep, not same as tx3mini... diff chipset, diff soc.

trumpet
post Apr 22 2019, 10:27 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 20 2019, 12:49 PM)
Looks like price drop.
Now RM116 for 2GB + 16GB

user posted image

user posted image
[Click Here TX3 mini]
is there such model .. where it support simcard ?
AVFAN
post Apr 22 2019, 11:46 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 20 2019, 02:35 PM)
I have lined up a 50 ft cable for my new Tx3 mini
QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Apr 21 2019, 10:36 AM)
Hi had ordered TX5 max
FYI...

i was playing and testing the two models over the weekend - for audio capabilities with my home theater.
i was "shocked" to find the tx3mini CAN do HD audio - dtshdma and ddtruehd! rclxms.gif
but not the tx5max.

these two models come with "tv center" which is basically kodi.
if u do not want the build like me, just uninstall it, install official kodi 18.1.
kodi is probably the best player for playback; vlc and mx not so good, can't even do dts/dd.

tx3mini can pass through dtshdma, ddtruehd.
it playback quite well the smaller files but starts to get rough with bigger ones.
it can even hang if u rush it with rewind, fforward, subs changes.

tx5max cannot pass through dtshdma, ddtreuhd but can do dd/dd+/dts.
it playback very well the smaller files and reasonably well the larger/complex ones.
better choice if u r into playback of big size videos like 4khdr, hd audio although it will just do the core dd/dts.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Apr 22 2019, 04:26 PM
SCThong
post Apr 22 2019, 01:29 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(trumpet @ Apr 22 2019, 10:27 AM)
is there such model .. where it support simcard ?
As far as I know, I have probably seen one. I am not sure though.
But it is one of those obscure models that is not popular mainstream box.
Generally people asks for models that comes with DVB-T2, so they can connect TV arial and receive local terrestial digital TV stations.

Most people gets modded 4G modem/wifi router that can bypass the hotspot detection.
For those who does not have fibre services in their area, but a close 4G tower to their house, the small investment on one of those modded modem/router can be a very affordable monthly high speed internet using Yes or Celcom network.

SCThong
post Apr 22 2019, 01:35 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Apr 22 2019, 11:46 AM)
FYI...

i was playing and testing the two models over the weekend - for audio capabilities with my home theater.
i was "shocked" to find the tx3mini CAN do HD audio - dtshdma and ddtruehd! rclxms.gif
but not the tx5max.

tx3mini can pass through dtshdma, ddtruehd.
it playback quite well the smaller files but starts to get rough with bigger ones.
it can even hang if u rush it with rewind, fforward, subs changes.

tx5max cannot pass through dtshdma, ddtreuhd but can do dd/dts.
it playback very well the smaller files and reasonably well the larger/complex ones.
better choice if u r into playback of big size videos like 4khdr, hd audio although it will just do the core dd/dts.
Glad of your input on this matter. I have no idea of the Sound System side of things. Total noobie on this field of study.
I don't even own any soundbar or sound system for that matter. Not much of a enthusiast, as I cannot appreciate or differentiate good sound and bad sound system. Just like some cannot appreciate good food or art... he he he.

But it is good to know Tx3 mini can "shocked" again with its capabilities.

AVFAN
post Apr 22 2019, 01:44 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 22 2019, 01:35 PM)
Glad of your input on this matter. I have no idea of the Sound System side of things. Total noobie on this field of study.
I don't even own any soundbar or sound system for that matter. Not much of a enthusiast, as I cannot appreciate or differentiate good sound and bad sound system. Just like some cannot appreciate good food or art... he he he.

But it is good to know Tx3 mini can "shocked" again with its capabilities.
i follow... most box users do not care so much about audio.

the ability to pass through dtshdma, ddtrue hd, ddatmos, dtsx audio is found only in a limited no. of premium boxes.

which is why i said "shocked" for tx3mini, albeit it can't handle large videos well.

but it is a pleasant surprise bonus for those who playback smaller videos with hd audio thru home theater.
SCThong
post Apr 22 2019, 01:50 PM

20 posts

If I am seen as promoting THIS SELLER [click here] product and seem bias to his shop, I want to categorically say I am NOT.

I am merely an End-User like many in here. I bought my first box from the seller, and always go back to check on the shop to see if i am conned or somewhat. I do have insecurity problems, :-P .The box do come with 1 year supplier warranty.

I spoke to the seller last time, and genuinely feel the sincerity. It is like you found a nice shop with good service, and you always go back to look for the owner who treats you like a long time friend.

I have seen his shop grow by leaps and bounds in the last 5 months.
From starter seller, to preferred seller to now being picked by Shopee for shocking sale items. The seller seems to take the Shopee performance rating to heart.

Being a new enthusiast in this box thingy, I would look out for new stuff in the shop. Because I know the seller spent a couple of weeks testing out new products before putting them on sale. Things up for sale, are tested to good quality standards for sure.

So, another of the seller's Shopee Shocking sale at 4 pm today for those who wants the latest Amlogic S905 X2 processor.

https://shopee.com.my/Lastest-Android8.1-Am...2295.1574401495

user posted image

Looks like RM159.89 for the 2+16GB version, and a RM3 Shop Voucher, making it RM156 only.

Just so I am not seen as bias, there are 3 other boxes on shocking sale at the same time slot of 4 pm today. Do check them all out before you buy. See any good deal, or mistake pricing - don't hesistate to throw the money at shopee... he he he.

This post has been edited by SCThong: Apr 22 2019, 02:33 PM
trumpet
post Apr 23 2019, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 22 2019, 01:29 PM)
As far as I know, I have probably seen one. I am not sure though.
But it is one of those obscure models that is not popular mainstream box.
Generally people asks for models that comes with DVB-T2, so they can connect TV arial and receive local terrestial digital TV stations.

Most people gets modded 4G modem/wifi router that can bypass the hotspot detection.
For those who does not have fibre services in their area, but a close 4G tower to their house, the small investment on one of those modded modem/router can be a very affordable monthly high speed internet using Yes or Celcom network.
thanks for the input... gotta hunt for this type of model... yes its to take the advantage of the high speed internet mobile network...
basicly its just like a phone with tv output.. right
SCThong
post Apr 23 2019, 04:40 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(trumpet @ Apr 23 2019, 11:01 AM)
thanks for the input... gotta hunt for this type of model... yes its to take the advantage of the high speed internet mobile network...
basicly its just like a phone with tv output.. right
Yes there are such boxes, do a google search and you will see variety of them.
The only peculiar thing is I don't see any local sellers carrying it in their stores.
Maybe there is a 4G LTE incompatibility issue??
You really have to consult the seller to make sure it works with which ever telecom provider you will be using.
these 4G network are not built the same. do becareful, the same with buying 4G handphones.
ulats07
post Apr 23 2019, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
122 posts

QUOTE(SzeMeng76 @ Apr 11 2019, 01:44 PM)
So strange. my TX92 s912 box have the super user function too.
I thought TX5 Max will have too  hmm.gif
I thought all Tanix box will have it.
So I thought my next box will be targeted on Tanix new box too  hmm.gif
hey man,i used aotg modded apk,it allow me to login,but i cant play any video,it just continue loading,care to share your apk?

im using v8.2.4
SzeMeng76
post Apr 24 2019, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,318 posts

QUOTE(ulats07 @ Apr 23 2019, 11:11 PM)
hey man,i used aotg modded apk,it allow me to login,but i cant play any video,it just continue loading,care to share your apk?

im using v8.2.4
Are you using same box as me?
Have u go to setting - superuser - closed root access?
Have to close root access, then the mod apk only can run as normal.
trumpet
post Apr 24 2019, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
91 posts

QUOTE(SCThong @ Apr 23 2019, 04:40 PM)
Yes there are such boxes, do a google search and you will see variety of them.
The only peculiar thing is I don't see any local sellers carrying it in their stores.
Maybe there is a 4G LTE incompatibility issue??
You really have to consult the seller to make sure it works with which ever telecom provider you will be using.
these 4G network are not built the same. do becareful, the same with buying 4G handphones.
really?.. ok , will going to search for it .. thanks

87 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 PM