Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Collective KL could be a "CON" church

desmond2020
post Jan 14 2019, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Jan 14 2019, 09:18 AM)
Yaka. Got any example from the bible say its salahan or not.
Of course nothing wrong

Jesus and his disciple all died peacefully on their own bed after enjoy being rich and famous

/s
prophetjul
post Jan 14 2019, 09:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

According to the COC report, some of the prosecuted CHC leaders have crossed the red line when between December 2007 and May 2010, some S$2.1 millions from CHC were channeled to the U.S. crossover project via an affiliated church in Malaysia (City Harvest Church Kuala Lumpur, CHCKL). In the CHC accounts, the funds transferred are recorded as a donation to the building fund of CHCKL. However the COC report claims that the same funds were actually then transmitted by CHCKL to support the Crossover Project in the United States under the guise of a love gift. The COC investigations apparently revealed that clear instructions were given via email by some of the accused CHC Leaders in Singapore to CHCKL to transfer the so-called “donations” to the Crossover in the U.S. disguised as “love gifts” and hence exposing the true purpose of the original “donations”.

Round tripping, anyone?

https://theriskmanagementparadox.com/2014/0...over-financing/

Between 2007 and 2010, a portion of the church's funds was used to finance her career under the guise of donations to its affiliated church in Kuala Lumpur.

At least $2.1m was then transmitted by this affiliate church to the US to fund her career

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/...627-355757.html

So you wonder why CHCKL changed their name?
teamjoker
post Jan 14 2019, 09:29 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(desmond2020 @ Jan 14 2019, 09:20 AM)
Of course nothing wrong
Jesus and his disciple all died peacefully on their own bed after enjoy being rich and famous
/s
Kejap salahan kejap talak salahan. Making people like ayam konpius. But Ayam know universe belongs to jesus so he is lich and femeus but ayam dont lemember hearing he died peacefully. Where u hear it from?
empire23
post Jan 14 2019, 10:50 AM

Team Island Hopper
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(agent sawyer @ Jan 14 2019, 09:08 AM)
You've read his argument

Do you think there is sufficient grounds for this kind of statement?

Do you think I or anyone else can make a statement of fact that any organisation in Malaysia "is a scam and should be banned" on the basis of merely this level of "connection" - ie that the organisation was "inspired by" - with a convicted fraud criminal?

And the other person whom I quoted

can I comment on any topic "temple (or any other religious organisation) scam, move along, nothing to see"?

or will you take action?

The way I see it there are a lot of provocative statements being made here which would not be made if it was relating to other, perhaps more popular, religions. If that is so and the mods ignore this thread while taking action on other threads, that is rather one-sided is it not?
I actually didn't want to get involved in regards to the argument per se but your assertion got me thinking if I needed to be more well versed in the matter.

I decided to read up on the matter to get a better idea and researched the SG government reports in regards to movement of money from Singapore to Malaysia. There is also definitive timeline and connection between all entities involved. CHCKL also maintains active links with the original name (you can see their twitter) and you can also summarize that they're the affiliate referred to in the charge sheet and the COC SG Government reports.

While definitive proof in the matter of actual wrongdoing doesn't exist, because it hasn't been investigated on the Malaysian side, the circumstantial evidence is damning at best. Prima Facie, there is a link and it's my opinion a reasonable person would think so.

There seems to be basis for the TS's allegations from reputable sources (Gov reports, court filings, public information). I've allowed a lot of religion based discussion threads to run their course and as long as they don't get out of hand that's fine with me. We try to cultivate robust discussion when possible here without resorting to name calling.

Wendyvalou
post Jan 14 2019, 09:20 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Taikor.Taikun @ Jan 14 2019, 12:43 AM)
He was convicted
Laugh while you can, it will not last
whitefong
post Jan 14 2019, 10:37 PM

Getting Started

Now they have Billion Dollar life talk, Entry fee is RM50 per person. They train follower to become billionaire like Kong Hee?

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by whitefong: Jan 14 2019, 11:50 PM
Taikor.Taikun
post Jan 14 2019, 11:57 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Wendyvalou @ Jan 14 2019, 09:20 PM)
Laugh while you can, it will not last
I said he was convicted, proven guilty. Where did i laugh?

Calm your tits down!
whitefong
post Jan 15 2019, 12:40 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jan 14 2019, 12:56 AM)
Yes.  Ordinary.
But I do know some church of you don't pay enough the leaders will have a Counceling session with that person.  Contributions put in envelope with names.

One church I go last time the pastor preaching time say if you don't give 10% then God will not love and blessings you.  CHC type of modern church.
Lolx bro, no la 10% is for very ordinary church. Kong Hee church or affiliate quote is "Give until your heart is broken/ bleeding" rclxub.gif
Singapore can't scam anymore, so come to Malaysia

Singaporean comment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIFOZASYTyE

This post has been edited by whitefong: Jan 15 2019, 12:44 AM
Dezs
post Jan 15 2019, 01:04 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(whitefong @ Jan 14 2019, 10:37 PM)
Now they have Billion Dollar life talk, Entry fee is RM50 per person. They train follower to become billionaire like Kong Hee?
user posted image

user posted image
I tot they should invite Jho Low instead.... he is the true billion dollar whale.
whitefong
post Jan 15 2019, 07:14 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Dezs @ Jan 15 2019, 01:04 AM)
I tot they should invite Jho Low instead.... he is the true billion dollar whale.
There is few reputable names inside the talk, hope they are not aware of Kong Hee existence. Otherwise, this is another misleading. Rumor JJPTR/ Richway also manipulate by Jho low

This post has been edited by whitefong: Jan 15 2019, 07:17 AM
agent sawyer
post Jan 15 2019, 10:14 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(empire23 @ Jan 14 2019, 10:50 AM)

without resorting to name calling.
...really.

13 Pages « < 11 12 13Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0644sec    5.00    6 queries    GZIP Disabled