Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Battery brand that has lasted 4 years or more.

views

dannyw
post Jan 14 2019, 04:18 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 14 2019, 04:13 PM)
That's because Amaron, I understand just burst into the picture and now that it's being tested by many, in time to come the reviews will come to.

I am monitoring an Amaron too and it's been like 9 months only. So like you've said, "So far so good with Amaron."  I hope Amaron lives up to its tagline.
My Amaron is 15 months already...so far so good. biggrin.gif

Just always can see some water overflow out surrounding the top sticker. How about yours?
dannyw
post Jan 14 2019, 05:24 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 14 2019, 04:47 PM)
Not yet, that Amaron unit has not pancut just yet.

I don't think the sign of overflowing water is a good thing, as that disrupts the chemical composition inside overtime rendering that unit being unstable. If it's overflowing of milk & honey 🍯 yes but since it's water 💦 pouring out of the Amaron, caveat emptor, I think.

If I was in your shoe, I will find ways to push back in all that water 💦 that's flowing out OR it's going to the Medic in no time.
Not much actually, just can see especially morning.

I bring back to the shop, they say is fine, test the battery all good.

Under warranty so didn't plan to take off the sticker.

Now become like little white powder. (photo taken last year)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
dannyw
post Jan 14 2019, 05:32 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jan 14 2019, 05:28 PM)
That is not good if the acid touch your car body.

BTW, white powder over terminal is also not a good sign. Poor contact, under charge, overcharge all result to white power.
Not on terminal, is on the water stain part. I just notice recently. As I use to wipe off the water, but after sometimes, lazy to border, then only notice become white powder.

So what should i do? can claim warranty?
dannyw
post Jan 14 2019, 07:36 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jan 14 2019, 05:25 PM)
I remember seller told me 12 months. Bought it around rm300 for a 55D23L. No proof of purchase anyway.
My is 16 months, depends on model.

QUOTE(therain01 @ Jan 14 2019, 06:17 PM)
Well I think you should try to claim but I doubt seller would honor it. I used to have a battery which does leak and I never insist on replacement. In the end the acid overflow to the extend that it rust the car body and gearbox.

Battery should be water tight. Extra pressure or gas should escape from vent holes only.
So serious? Leak out until drop to body part! Means a lot of water?
My one not that bad actually, is just a bit. Dry off when drive or hot sun. The dry part is just stain & some dust, not white powder.

I try snap photo to show tomorrow.
dannyw
post Jan 15 2019, 07:57 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 14 2019, 08:10 PM)
Irregardless of the situation Dannyw, if I were you I would suit up and remove that battery for some serious cleaning on the external body only and thereafter wipe down & let it air dry. Clean off the terminals & post too.

Plus inspect immediately the areas around the bottom of the battery holder for signs of damages. Remove the holder if possible.

Dirty surfaces leads to surface discharge which will slowly kill off your battery. Maintaining the cleanliness of battery is important unless you wish to keep changing batteries before or immediately after each warranty period.

Another thing that I've learnt in life is to never believe wholeheartedly everything the seller says. I am better off checking everything that I am told.
Today photo. No more leak, but the from the sticker surrounding can tell it leak before.

Battery performance still good, maybe will arrange a visit to the shop see what the seller say.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
dannyw
post Jan 15 2019, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 15 2019, 10:25 AM)
At the moment the unit may still be good, it may not look that dirty to you or any of us but dirty conditions on the unit causes it to deteriorate overtime.

If you intent on prolonging its lifespan then keeping it clean is a must. However if you are not particular and don't mind about replacing with a new battery after it's warranty period, then it's all right too.

Seriously you may want to check what's cooking under the battery holder & probably clean that out too, if you intend on keeping the vehicle, otherwise bless the new owner.

I presume that you should know what to do with cleaning the battery out and you have the proper gear & stuffs to accomplish the job. Safety is always the highest priority.
Well, I have no tools, and not expert in this. Will check it out when have chance.

Thanks for the advice!

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jan 15 2019, 10:41 AM)
Hi Dannyw, may I ask how did you attached the Thumbnail picture into your post ? Pretty cool.

After obtaining the owner's permission, I intend to clean out the owner's Amaron unit and post the before & after pictures.
There is the 'Attachments' function on the Reply. Check it out!

dannyw
post Jan 15 2019, 11:06 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(dannyw @ Jan 14 2019, 05:24 PM)
Not much actually, just can see especially morning.

I bring back to the shop, they say is fine, test the battery all good.

Under warranty so didn't plan to take off the sticker.

Now become like little white powder. (photo taken last year)
QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jan 15 2019, 10:43 AM)
Looking at the picture, doesn't seem possibly like a leak as the acid will definitely have corrosion marks over the plastic cover, unlikely that the casing itself is made of PVDF (impervious to acid).

I would hazard guess it would be some rain/puddle water puddle splash or the vapour condensation that likes to accumulate on your battery top...
Thanks for your info. If refer to my previous photo, i can see the water is surrounding the sticker, especially overnight when the weather is cold.

If not water leak out, then water from external stay there? hmm.gif maybe like you say is condensation.

Last time when I use Century also have a little bit out on the sticker, that's why i assume is normal when there is a little bit out. As long not too much, and no effect the battery performance is ok.
dannyw
post Oct 26 2019, 03:34 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

The battery SOH reach 56% still can last for how long?

What the minimum % before it die....
dannyw
post Oct 27 2019, 08:20 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(yhsiau @ Oct 26 2019, 10:20 PM)
Do u have any reading on the Impedance/ressistance of the battery? The impedance will determine the % of the performance loss during cranking. High impedance will result lower power cranking capability.
375 CCA, SOC 98%, R=7.98, 12.84 V, SOH = 56%
Last mth reading, 395 CCA, SOC 98%, R=7.54, 12.82 V, SOH=62%

I'm using Amaron high life pro on my old Persona. During usage of 2 years, the SOH still good, now is 2 years and 3 months, can see the SoH keep dropping... with some acid flow out on cover. Sign of end soon... i just hope can last few more months....
dannyw
post Oct 27 2019, 01:57 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Oct 27 2019, 10:19 AM)
You're using the unsealed battery? What would you recommend for a regular sedan but im also a power user in that even my laptop is already 260W, and planning to get an inverter capable of continuous 2KW+ though mostly for passenger to use when driving (will ask workshop to run separate wire with the right terminal inside). Though not planning to use a lot of power when the engine is off, only thing to power before starting the engine are the dash cams (planning on front and back), and a custom reverse camera (screen + camera) which would get powered when the key is inserted.

Any way to replace the electrodes after it wears out or must the whole battery be replaced? I'd like to do DIY but supercaps cost a lot, was thinking of having a supercap + NIMH solution in the future when i have money as i can do the circuit part myself even the assembly, only thing is the caps itself are very very expensive.

They might use lithium in the west, but in malaysia i find lithium to be a poor solution since it tends to go bad faster.
I'm using those maintenance free battery, which is sealed.

My car all stock, no dash cam, no HID light, even headlight also not always on. I almost drive everyday more than half an hour. But still it won't last very long. doh.gif

QUOTE(yhsiau @ Oct 27 2019, 11:10 AM)
Based on the impedance reading, it's still in good shape. It might probably last for another 2 - 4 months(my estimations). If it hit below 300cca or the impedance reading is more than 10, your will notice that the cranking is slow during starting the vehicle.
Thanks, bro. This is nice info. notworthy.gif

Because the device straightaway stated 'Replace' , and the staff ask me to change as well, make me uncomfortable.

Lot of people manage to use Amaron almost 3 years or more...

I manage to find my old photo which i snap before i change my last battery, SOH =7%, SOC 98%, 12.62V, 115A, Rated 425A.

I notice my current battery when new SOH is 88%, should it be 100%? hmm.gif
dannyw
post Dec 13 2019, 10:15 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Vvtt303 @ Dec 11 2019, 03:08 PM)
Don't ever try to AMARON. I was convinced by sales person to buy the highest spec ard RM400++ which he said could last more than 3 years. At the end, lasted only 18 months.
SO DISAPPOINTED.
QUOTE(iskazulka @ Dec 12 2019, 04:37 PM)
amaron high spec rm400++?
even ns60 amaron hi-life only rm290

maybe amaron pro
I'm using Amaron Pro, Din55, RM310. Previous 1 last me 2 years and 4 months, still usable, but test result keep going down...

the only complaint for me is the previous 1 have leak on the cover sticker.

Saw Century launch Excel, not sure how good is it? biggrin.gif
dannyw
post Dec 17 2019, 06:12 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Dec 17 2019, 05:24 PM)
my Amaron Hi-Life lasted 7 years...

and the only reason it died was coz i forgot to start the car for 2 weeks laugh.gif
Serious? May i know you use in what car?
dannyw
post Mar 28 2020, 09:19 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Mar 28 2020, 12:20 PM)
To all battery sifus,

Q : I just realized that the Warranty Period for diesel engines is usually 1/2 that of a petrol engines. Why is that so ? I don't have a diesel engine but I am interested to find out especially from the technical perspective.
Technical aspect, I'm not sure.

Based on common thinking, it should be most of the diesel engine main for business vehicle, so will be heavy-duty.

Normally the coverage will be shorter for heavy duty usage.
dannyw
post May 5 2020, 10:59 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(iymm @ May 4 2020, 11:02 PM)
Am I the only one with just 12 months warranty for Amaron Hi Life????
No, you are not the only one. I guess depends on the price you paid.

My 1st Amoran Hi Life, 18mth warranty, this is my 2nd unit, same model same shop, but warranty become 12 mth. doh.gif
dannyw
post Jul 28 2022, 02:18 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

Just change Amaron DIN55R yesterday, the price increase so much this few years? RM355 for my model. cry.gif

The day before I start my car, just one tick, after that no sound, luckily second try manage to start the car. Next day morning still able to start, then quickly go check.
Reading as below:
SOH 54%, SOC 98%, 370CCA, 12.97V, R=8.11m

By right should be still can use, just worry stuck somewhere when rushing.
dannyw
post Jul 28 2022, 05:12 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jul 28 2022, 04:11 PM)
Yes the increase in prices has been crazy, thanks to the gov for fcuking with the currency.

Bro., why do you say "by right, should still be able to be use" ?

It is good that you are able to provide the above readings but where is the Starter & Charging Test, if you don't mind ?
Century still able to get about RM300 for the same model.

When I reach the shop, I purposely on the radio with engine off, then turn on the headlight and start the engine, still able to. And the feeling of starting engine is still strong. Based on my past experience still can use few months.
I do understand the battery not good in holding power, can be die off anytime.

That reading is from the battery test device which i snap the photo for reference only. No other report, just a normal battery shop, bro.
dannyw
post Jul 28 2022, 05:37 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jul 28 2022, 05:22 PM)
Hmmm you have got an interesting way of testing the battery.

Could you share the picture that you had took of the device ?
Sure, here you go.

user posted image

user posted image

Few years back

user posted image
dannyw
post Jul 29 2022, 09:25 AM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(croydon @ Jul 28 2022, 06:09 PM)
if like that mine also can last longer... playing radio for 30min couple of times with engine off... the next day can start normally without problem

remark - battery already 6yrs, new iriz/ persona (keyless) can play radio 30min without turn on switch

after add 360 camera earlier this month, sometime meter started to show battery low warning before engine start, the reason i got myself new battery for backup

user posted image
Every car behave differently. Your Iriz more canggih, can show battery low. My old Persona never ever see the battery indicator show even battery flat totally.

I say so on my case is because few experience on the battery low symptom, so roughly can tell from daily drive. Eg, during start engine, ABS will ON then gone after engine start, auto door lock will have weird sound when battery is weak, but still can last few months even with this symptom. Just raining season now, better don't take the risk.

Since you have backup battery, then no worry. Btw, how you trade in the old battery since still using?

Not sure how true, the boss told me battery price going to increase again!
dannyw
post Jul 29 2022, 03:10 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Jul 29 2022, 09:48 AM)
KNN not again !!!

Wait a minute, what battery is that boss dealing in ?
Few brands, just I can remember Amaron & Century only. What he meant should be Amaron.
dannyw
post Aug 3 2022, 05:46 PM

Regular
1,216 posts

QUOTE(PenTai @ Aug 3 2022, 05:26 PM)

Still strong, 3yr
Wow, what car? I never reach 3 years. doh.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:29 PM