Don't know why so many ppl PMS today, so I bagi mani horidei to bora bora all around.
But here's a general guide to reporting because I'm sick of some of you idiots out there abusing the button.
1) JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH YOU DOESN'T MAKE THAT GROUNDS FOR A REPORT - Eg; The STPM thread. Seriously TS really hati kaca one......
2) PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND SARCASM - I think this is self-explanatory but some people are dense.
3) POLITICAL PARTIES AND LEADERS ARE NOT MAGICALLY EXEMPT FROM CRITICISM - This one I really don't get, be it BN/PH/......genuine criticism of a public figure isn't against the law, just keep it within the bounds of taste.
4) DEFAMATION IS CLAIMED BY THE DEFAMED PARTY - Seriously, people keep reporting threads saying defamation....are you the one being defamed? If not....don't click that button.
5) ONE POST IS FUNNY, 100 OF THE SAME THING IS SPAM - I'm fairly tolerant to people giving each other shit, it's after all a public forum, but if you keep posting the same shit over and over and over again across multiple threads. It gets old.
6) DUN JUST CLICK LIPOT! PROVIDE DETAILS - 90 percent of the time, the reporter magically assumes us mods understand the context. We don't. So remember to provide as much relevant details as possible and it contravenes forum rules.
Also if you're curious, we can talk about how I generally figure out how much holiday to give when someone does something wrong.
How does I decideds to unleash ban?!
A lot of people as me how a mod decides on a ban a duration and so on, so here's my list, it isn't exhaustive but it includes the list of my reasons and remember that /k/ has multiple mods and admins that take care of the reports, not just myself.
1) The infringement itself - This is obvious, some actions are worse than others. This one is pretty self-explanatory.
2) The number of complaints, from whom and the description - If there's one random report with no description from a newbie who is obviously oversensitive, it's likely to get discarded. Serial reporters usually get their reports thrown into the bin (See real law: Vexatious litigation/Frivolous Reporting). If there are like 10 reports on the same post, usually it shows something very bad has been posted, so I pay a lot more attention.
3) The character of user / history - If you have a really bad history of posts, prior suspensions, detected dupes, a long list of admin notes and so on, it makes us think you're a bad person, and I see this as a continuation of that. I consider this to be prime source of what a person has posted be genuinely punishable or if it's just a mistake or aberration on their part. eg; If you're usually good and post something bad, I'll let you off with a warning, if you oredi 3 suspensions under your belt and got dupe, I'll give one week.
4) Thread context - This is harder and more subjective, we rely on report details to understand the context and make a decision, but given the number of reports I try to do this as efficiently as possible.
5) Situational context - Easier to read, this is for events like mass-spam or string-spam, to keep things under control we apply a blanket ban and do so quickly to keep things under control so the forum experience is maintained for the majority of people. This also applies to forum specific context.
This post has been edited by empire23: Apr 27 2019, 11:26 AM
PSA: How to make lipot