Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Amazon FBA Malaysia, Experiences, Niche Hunting & Guide (Business)

lokesc
post Jan 4 2019, 03:43 PM, updated 2d ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi!

I'm starting up this forum as recently Amazon has allowed Malaysians to apply in the Amazon FBA Seller account.

If you have just jump in the bandwagon or a season seller, please give us your thoughts, comments, success stories and frustration. We hope to create a great seller community so that we may share our mistakes in order not to repeat it while helping others in the process.

I am personally an individual seller and still a beginner. Hoping to learn from others and have a free lifestyle and let go all the frustration associated with 9 to 5 work.

Here's a general idea of what Amazon FBA is all about:

This post has been edited by lokesc: Jan 5 2019, 10:25 AM
NightHeart
post Jan 4 2019, 06:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

In terms of e-marketplace platforms, I'm selling in Shopee, Lazada & 11Street. Kinda abandoned 11Street already & contemplating to abandon Lazada too due to their endless technical issues. Surprisingly Shopee is solid & doing well.

No experience with Amazon unfortunately, but would like to hear your experience on it for future consideration.
PrincZe
post Jan 4 2019, 09:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!

i wanted to start amazon fba as well. but i can't find what to sell.

and also, you need to figure out how to ship your products to amazon warehouse for them.

lokesc
post Jan 5 2019, 09:55 AM

Getting Started

Most sellers ship from Alibaba to Amazon warehouse. Of course the shipping fees are rather steep.

I will be attending a course soon and sending my first product soon. Hope all turns out well.
lokesc
post Jan 5 2019, 09:57 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jan 4 2019, 06:52 PM)
In terms of e-marketplace platforms, I'm selling in Shopee, Lazada & 11Street. Kinda abandoned 11Street already & contemplating to abandon Lazada too due to their endless technical issues. Surprisingly Shopee is solid & doing well.

No experience with Amazon unfortunately, but would like to hear your experience on it for future consideration.
The Amazon marketplace is huge and caters about 40% of online business which is insane. Opportunity is there and despite saturated product offering, it's still a very good place to sell.
NightHeart
post Jan 5 2019, 10:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lokesc @ Jan 5 2019, 09:57 AM)
The Amazon marketplace is huge and caters about 40% of online business which is insane. Opportunity is there and despite saturated product offering, it's still a very good place to sell.
Are you currently selling in any of our local e-marketplace?

If all of our orders need to be posted to Amazon's warehouse, where's the nearest warehouse to us?
lokesc
post Jan 5 2019, 10:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jan 5 2019, 10:20 AM)
Are you currently selling in any of our local e-marketplace?

If all of our orders need to be posted to Amazon's warehouse, where's the nearest warehouse to us?
I am selling locally on eBay and mudah only at the moment. I've just registered my individual account and finalizing my 1st product before shipping.

Amazon will only determine the warehouse after the listing of the product.
TT22
post Jan 5 2019, 10:54 AM

Getting Started

Normally where can get stock if want to sell online ya?
lokesc
post Jan 5 2019, 11:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(TT22 @ Jan 5 2019, 10:54 AM)
Normally where can get stock if want to sell online ya?
Products are easily source from Alieexpress, Taobao & Alibaba. It's quite common to buy from China and sell it over on the US market.
NightHeart
post Jan 5 2019, 11:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(lokesc @ Jan 5 2019, 10:39 AM)
I am selling locally on eBay and mudah only at the moment. I've just registered my individual account and finalizing my 1st product before shipping.

We seller will have to arrange our own shipping to Amazon's warehouse?
lokesc
post Jan 6 2019, 10:41 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Jan 5 2019, 11:53 AM)
We seller will have to arrange our own shipping to Amazon's warehouse?
Absolutely!
afahmi
post Jan 6 2019, 05:00 PM

QUOTE(lokesc @ Jan 5 2019, 10:39 AM)

I've been always eyeing to jump to amazon fba but just need more encouragement and if possible need right mentor to guide me from registering, selecting product, sourcing and launching it in amazon.. i wish you become a ssuccess amazon seller! Will follow this thread for my motivation
penanghomes
post Jan 6 2019, 05:58 PM

On my way

Hi !

I have been selling on Amazon Fba since last year. I just shipped my 2nd shipment to US few weeks back.

I am on the Professional Sellers Account, us39.99/month. With this account, i am able to do Ads or PPC on Amazon.

Amazon is a huge marketplace especially in the US but a few word of advice before you go in with your products.

1. Make sure your products are PATENT free, you dont want to get sued by US companies. You can check on uspto.gov website. Also check for the trademarks.

2.Amazon is getting bigger and bigger everyday,and they have to abide by US laws and US customs,so make sure that your product is simple and doesnt require lab test or certs to sell there. Amazon is not going to tell you THIS.
You have to check on your own.

3.How much to sell ? Sell atleast 5x the price you buy.
Meaning if your product cost us4, you have to sell us20 or above.
The reason being, you have to pay the FBA fees,Amazon referral fees and Ads if you opt to do it.

If you buy us2 and sell us10, i dont think you are going to make a decent profit.

Any questions, do ask me. I am happy to share my experience.

Good Luck !
penanghomes
post Jan 6 2019, 06:04 PM

On my way

I forgot to add one more very important.

PRODUCT RESEARCH- this is very very important in finding products to sell and it will take a very long time to do it.

Almost all sellers will say that Product Research is the most tedius part.

WATCH ALOT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON AMAZON FBA- watch atleast 2-3 videos daily before jumping into Amazon Fba.

In my case, it took me about 5 months before i send in my first shipment of good...yes that long. Product Research maa...

Cheers !

blackseed202
post Jan 7 2019, 06:59 AM

Getting Started

I have been selling on amazon UK fba for 5 years. Ask me anything. Would love to share!
PrincZe
post Jan 7 2019, 09:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 6 2019, 06:04 PM)

PRODUCT RESEARCH- this is very very important in finding products to sell and it will take a very long time to do it.

WATCH ALOT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON AMAZON FBA- watch atleast 2-3 videos daily before jumping into Amazon Fba.

In my case, it took me about 5 months before i send in my first shipment of good...yes that long. Product Research maa...

Cheers !
QUOTE(blackseed202 @ Jan 7 2019, 06:59 AM)
I have been selling on amazon UK fba for 5 years. Ask me anything. Would love to share!
so how's the success going? did you manage to sell any during the first month?

any slow down ? do you have to buy in bulk and send over to amazon to sell?
blackseed202
post Jan 7 2019, 01:11 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Jan 7 2019, 09:46 AM)

I started with only rm250. But i used to work and study in the uk. So i had quite a good opportunity and time to understand and post the items myself. About 1 year into selling, i started to move into FBA and since then it took off quite easily. I do have my full time job now, but amazon is like a side business. Giving me about 2-5k rm per month. smile.gif)

penanghomes
post Jan 7 2019, 01:13 PM

On my way

QUOTE(blackseed202 @ Jan 7 2019, 02:11 PM)
I started with only rm250. But i used to work and study in the uk. So i had quite a good opportunity and time to understand and post the items myself. About 1 year into selling, i started to move into FBA and since then it took off quite easily. I do have my full time job now, but amazon is like a side business. Giving me about 2-5k rm per month. smile.gif)
retail arbitrage or private label ? Hows the market like in UK ?
penanghomes
post Jan 7 2019, 01:15 PM

On my way

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Jan 7 2019, 10:46 AM)

yes, i sold quite a number of my inventory. In the first month, i sold like 30% of my stock.

Slow downs happen everywhere and anwhere including in Amazon.

Yes, you have to buy in bulk. Atleast 100 units.
NightHeart
post Jan 7 2019, 01:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(penanghomes @ Jan 6 2019, 06:04 PM)

Cheers !
I'd probably source around Malaysia to sell in Amazon. Can sell food stuffs over there?

QUOTE(blackseed202 @ Jan 7 2019, 06:59 AM)
How do you ship your orders to Amazon? Via Poslaju or some other 3PL that you've signed up with?

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0838sec    4.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd March 2019 - 02:10 AM