views

yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 12:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 14 2019, 11:47 PM)

Why Uber failed in South Korea.
sound familiar.... taxi driver attitude
E-hailing always use price war to kill off taxi, after that when they are big enough then they become another taxi company.

South Korean system to be blame lah, the price macam too cheap compare to Japan. Back in Japan Uber cannot penetrate because the service cannot compete with Taxi driver, taxi driver wear glove and office attire with coat. Furthermore they don't accept tips and don't reject short trip.
yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(Fanvil1534 @ Jan 14 2019, 11:30 PM)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...&type=3&theater

Anyone know this driver? 1 sided story. Based on reading what she wrote, most likely she put the wrong drop off location, asked driver to drive but driver said no and asked her get out of car. Now rider defamed him and this post is going viral.
don't know why hide destination, but put all driver information on social media doh.gif
yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 11:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(chrnosx @ Jan 15 2019, 11:32 AM)
I received a box from the mail. Inside got colour pencils and a bunch of crap. The motto wrote, "You are the everyday hero." At first, I was quite touched until it struck me. We are called a "Hero" because Heroes don't get paid!. I put on my insta and #grab, "Thanks for the gesture but I think you should save the money to hire more intelligent support staffs that have a brain rather than going on template wars with your "partners".
I don't understand why they give colour pencil rclxub.gif

The grablight that i got it last year, already sold off at RM80 and donate the money to charity body laugh.gif

yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 04:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

Nowadays rider also smart already, yesterday pick up one at kerinchi LRT going to Taman Bukit Angkasa (Bangsar South area PPR), asked her why didn't put KL Gateway as pick up point?

Her reply is, from Kerinchi LRT fare is RM8, if put KL Gateway is RM11. Nowadays rider also smart to put where to avoid surge. The surge flaw has been too obvious and some rider tend to exploit it. I foresee going to be a disaster in future if more rider like this.

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jan 15 2019, 04:13 PM
yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 05:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(cktang @ Jan 15 2019, 05:24 PM)
Actually better when peak hour coming from federal to pick, if rider waiting at universiti lrt opposite gateway mall then jialat liao to u turn...  sweat.gif
If pick up at KL Gateway Mall gate A, the distance is lower because of the traffic flow, if LRT station then sure expensive lor. After Pantai Sentral flyover open, Bangsar South traffic has ease a lot compare to old time.
yhtan
post Jan 15 2019, 06:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(zinglicious @ Jan 15 2019, 06:08 PM)
Based on what she said and the way she wrote, IMHO she could be a pussy cat gone wild where she acted like a diva cheapskate for a Rm6 ride.  tongue.gif

The driver might have reacted accordingly to her attitude where she demanded to be drop at further distance than stipulated.  console.gif

I have had riders asking me to drop further where they said they could not pinpoint the location and offered me with extra compensation. If I am comfortable with the route and attitude, i would offer them my extra service for being honest, polite and nice FOC. Otherwise I offer them the door out.  brows.gif
the post seem deleted liao laugh.gif
yhtan
post Jan 16 2019, 09:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(Grabtology @ Jan 16 2019, 08:52 AM)
EDITED: forgot to count credit top up biggrin.gif

I started driving Jan 1, so I can share a bit of recent math with you biggrin.gif

My initial goal was to drive 20 days in a month, each day target revenue RM 150 within 6 hours, so that should give me RM3k revenue in a month

Since I'm doing full Auto Accept, commission is 20%, so 3k minus 20% = RM2.4k

Average each day driving distance in 6 hours will be 220KM (including during trip and when not on trip). My car petrol consumption is about RM50+- for 320KM+-, depends on current petrol price also, but let's just call it RM50 for 320KM.

220KM times 20 days = 4400KM a month
4400KM divided by 320KM = 13.75 (lets just call it 14 times of put petrol)
14 times RM50 = RM700

TnG reload, since toll fee will be collected from passenger so it cancels itself out, so I don't count it.

I plan to set aside some money for rainy days and maintenance, so let's call it RM1k a month

So far the theoretical math works out to be:

Revenue = 3k
Cost for commission = 600
Cost for petrol = 700
Planned savings for rainy days or fixes = 1k

Net income = 3k minus 2.3k = RM 700

But of course real world math a bit different biggrin.gif for example, I'm actually getting RM170 to RM190 total fares a day on 6 to 7 hours of driving, maintaining below 230KM driving distance a day. Petrol price also cheaper now.

Bonus and cancellation fee will not be deducted for commission.

So yeah, hopefully it's a good enough reference for you

ADDITIONAL INFO:
- We don't have car loans or housing loan
- My wife earns way more than me
- I quit my job because it took too much time away from spending with her, so doing Grab is perfect as I can spend more time with her at our choosing, and still not be totally broke ass
- If any decent job opportunity come along, I'll still go for it, because employer contribution for EPF is nothing to scoff at
By looking at it, u earning about RM1000 after all the expenses

RM1000 / 120 hrs = RM8.3 per hr

That is just at minimum wages level leh sweat.gif
yhtan
post Jan 17 2019, 09:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(shyghost @ Jan 17 2019, 08:50 AM)
First grab send referral bonus for new driver that drive gc+ and 6s, now with this gc+ campaign... U know that more gc+ and 6s drivers is quitting bcos of the low fare and tb. Grab is feeling the pinch of losing premium drivers and cars.

Grab can say whatever but actions dun lie....
last time count by KM and the fare is on high side, now with this TB inconsistency, won't be surprise they all quit.

Let say MP slot per minute grab premium can get RM1 per minute, the system short pay them 15min, that is RM15 alone for the losses already. If u driving premium might as well hang the key.
yhtan
post Jan 17 2019, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(kop2299 @ Jan 17 2019, 11:02 AM)
how to make complaint and request compensation from Crap for the incorrect TB? I cannot find in support tab.
For 3 days in a row, the TB in MP slot (6-7pm) were unfair.
9+B 6.2 for a 40min trip (3.2km) KLCC to Jln Alor.
Gplus - 11+No B for 25min trip (4.2km) NSK peel to Sungei Besi
17+B 12.4 for 1h trip (9.4km) PPUM to Kuchai Lama
go to the feedback and click "low fare", the support tab for low fare has removed.

I feel u bro, ytd 40mins trip i only manage to earn RM15.70 for MP slot, crap shortpay me RM8 if follow actual timing.
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 09:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

ytd was the first time i got over RM50 for single trip in this half year, everywhere was surging at least 100% more. There was one trip surging 300%+!

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jan 18 2019, 09:11 AM
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 09:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 18 2019, 09:28 AM)
could be mod user try 2 be careful & reframe from using it for a while since grab is actively looking for the mod user
I can tell u now modded apps is way too rampant liao, within few days after update they manage to crack it and circulate latest version.

Yesterday was lucky because traffic was horrible because of the minor rain, everywhere was jam and surge and modded apps kaki choose to offline it seems.

I heard now even u got the job via AA, reach there and press i'm here, the job show cancel on driver side but user apps still show the job is on-going. It is not the first time that group member in FB share it. Getting more and more modded apps selling out to drivers and they earning a good money, initial signup one time $$$, then when update need to pay $$$. I suspect crap IT/Programming staff leaking all this info and earning a good pocket money.

yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(andrwss @ Jan 18 2019, 01:06 PM)
Driver app show cancelled by passenger and passenger side still showing job on going? Then who is gonna pick up the riders?
Yes on-going, the modded kaki will take over lor.
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Jan 18 2019, 03:28 PM)
sorry, i really dont know how the MODDED driver works

they sapu all big fare ?

or they create fake demand to surge the price then sapu high fare ?
they can hijack your trip with higher radius and bypass the locking of 30sec/5min without affecting AR.

yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

double post

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jan 18 2019, 03:33 PM
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 04:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Jan 18 2019, 03:39 PM)
now i know.

no wonder got 1 case, i accepted, suddenly ping gone..
Even u accepted by AA also will cancel, it is not rider who cancel.
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 06:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

Update – Passenger Rate Trip Feature

Good news! Effective 22 January 2019, your Driver Rating will not be affected if passengers rate their trip poorly and indicated a reason that is not attributable to driver-partners. Example: if passengers rate their trip poorly during a GrabShare ride due to behaviour of the matched passenger.
yhtan
post Jan 18 2019, 10:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Jan 18 2019, 06:50 PM)
sos?
they remove from the blog already, can't find back the link

QUOTE(S3phiroth @ Jan 18 2019, 07:48 PM)
There r many mod app hackers out there. The most advanced mod can:-

1. Steal ping. (Now u know why rider cancel instantly before/after u accept job, or job missing after u accept)

2. Steal driver rating. (Now u know why your dr drop for no reason)

3. Steal tb. (Now u know why your tb is ridiculously low or even none sometime)

4. Steal airport queue. (Now u know why u need to requeue for no reason)

5. Disguise as a taxi to get ping priority. (Now u know why u get so little ping despite there is only a few taxi around)

6. Havent figure it out yet...
Wtf i didn't know driver rating and tb still can steal, i think this 2 categorize as taichi the job away
yhtan
post Jan 19 2019, 03:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Jan 19 2019, 02:35 AM)
Most passengers will just rate 1 star without leaving any comment.
If the grabshare experience really sucks. Such as first passenger pick up, kena match twice, and last drop off. A trip suppose to take 45 mins end up becoming 1 hour 45min. But serve such cheapskate passenger right!!!
Must comment in order to give one star, actually to shut off GS for rating is a better choice, leave feedback enough. Driver has suffer a lot of rating drop because of GS consequence for making them late.

QUOTE(birdman8 @ Jan 19 2019, 12:33 PM)
Why mandarin grabcar driver Facebook always cursing their own race  riders? Because of this Chinese guys or women, our rating down this and that and the Chinese riders don’t appreciate the service? In particular Chinese female riders.

From my own experience, they are not best but not the worse group of riders either. Other than few aunties who were very particular in every small aspect of our service, I basically have no issue with them.

I am referring to local cannis and not prc.
Some chinese is arrogant and demanding one, pay money and expect they are king. They love report to grab for minor issue and make driver suspended. Somewhere got some is princess type, ask u wait wait wait.

I mean as a driver i know in general, malay is much friendlier and nicer.

QUOTE(peigeng @ Jan 19 2019, 12:59 PM)
I need your advice.
I am currently jobless .i am 30 years old with 2 year old child and my wife is a housewife.
Planning to either rent a stall in a kopitiam to sell noodles or become a grab driver.
I have saving where I can maintain at least 1year of current standard of living .

Can anyone share with me which is a better choice?
Go sell noodle, grab is not a good full time job now. The earning is getting lower and lower. Most of us doing part time only.

This post has been edited by yhtan: Jan 19 2019, 05:13 PM
yhtan
post Jan 21 2019, 01:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

Wow crap diam diam revise down GS cashback

user posted image
yhtan
post Jan 23 2019, 09:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

I think crap already know the modded kaki using lenovo and starting to hit all lenovo user, seem like they couldn't trace the core problem at all laugh.gif

I open my destination all the way from Masjid India to Subang, not even one single job enter, it show how bad the demand is now.

34 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1543sec    0.62    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:08 PM