Maxis home fibre down, Damn slow support

views

westlife
post Dec 12 2018, 06:13 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(don11_8 @ Dec 11 2018, 06:36 PM)
Bro have Maxis solved your disconnection problem? I'm having the same problem as well. In a day at least 5-10 times the Internet won't be available but the WiFi would still be connected.
That'a really bad. Lucky I never choose maxis broadban even it is cheap.
Chungyehkoo
post Dec 12 2018, 07:05 AM

12 posts

I really not sure if this is to blame Maxis or not, I'm using Home Fibre too. I'm still having issue with connection until now, but I was being told that for the Fibre Services from Maxis, they are only service level provider, Infrastructure wise, is all TM, from riser to the modem, Maxis only able to support physical hardware support from the TM Modem to their router.
To me, it is like something is fishy on TM, I stay in an apartment, my neighbor does not seems to have the issue I'm facing. And, seriously, Maxis also told me that it is "hard" to book a TM Technicians to troubleshoot my issue etc etc.....
The Maxis Call Center ppl even encourage me to log complaints in MCMC... which does not seems to be helpful...... Now, I just need to reset my router and modem everytime I got disconnection for more than 1min...
tien171
post Dec 12 2018, 07:51 AM

Casual
304 posts

I have been a unifi user for 5 years . at subang jaya
Never had disconnect issues . if fact no issues at all so far.

Any issues so easy to log a fault report . i would say within 10 mins max

if onsite assistance is needed they will assign a technician within 24 hours.
you can track the fault ticket on your unifi portal .
you can see that the ticket is assign a technician and his phone contact within 24 hours
You can call the tech to check what time he plan to arrive or reschedule the visit time if he is OK .

100 percent of time the tech will be at your home within 24 hours . (my experience so far on 3 tickets this year. ( change hypp box , change router, fiber eaten by rat )

Unifi have a good SOP for this fault reporting and escalation process.
but some times things do go wrong . lemon cases !
I have no issues with unifi except that they keep change their unifi plans and some users pay more on fees. maybe this is expected due to competition.

Now with the 100Mbps at 129 rm every one can change their plan or subscribe if coverage permits.

i see no reason for changing to Maxis even if cheaper by a few dollars.
Restoration service is more important criteria for me . my 2 cents view !

Positive2828
post Dec 12 2018, 12:07 PM

12 posts

Hi

anyone using maxis home fibre rm89?

may i know per month is rm89net ? or still have other extra charge ?
Hobbez
post Dec 12 2018, 06:02 PM

Casual
365 posts

QUOTE(don11_8 @ Dec 11 2018, 06:36 PM)
Bro have Maxis solved your disconnection problem? I'm having the same problem as well. In a day at least 5-10 times the Internet won't be available but the WiFi would still be connected.
Nope. Their sub contractor "Maxpert" came over and cannot do anything, just check and sign the paper.....

I suspect their fibre network is not equipped to handle so many new customers and that is why now their network is going down all the time and having issues.

In 2017 I hardly need to call them for any problem. But the past 6 months in 2018, I think I called them 30+ times and now their customer support is also worse than ever.

Until today I get disconnections and network errors lasting only about 5 seconds each time and then it reconnects back again. But VERY irritating. I lose many online games becos of stupid Maxis. It started about 2 weeks ago and now is permanent issue.

They better lower the price for 30 mbps to RM39 as their quality is so BAD!!!

This post has been edited by Hobbez: Dec 12 2018, 06:06 PM
westlife
post Dec 13 2018, 08:44 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(Chungyehkoo @ Dec 12 2018, 07:05 AM)
I really not sure if this is to blame Maxis or not, I'm using Home Fibre too. I'm still having issue with connection until now, but I was being told that for the Fibre Services from Maxis, they are only service level provider, Infrastructure wise, is all TM, from riser to the modem, Maxis only able to support physical hardware support from the TM Modem to their router.
To me, it is like something is fishy on TM, I stay in an apartment, my neighbor does not seems to have the issue I'm facing. And, seriously, Maxis also told me that it is "hard" to book a TM Technicians to troubleshoot my issue etc etc.....
The Maxis Call Center ppl even encourage me to log complaints in MCMC... which does not seems to be helpful...... Now, I just need to reset my router and modem everytime I got disconnection for more than 1min...
That's very terrible experience. Almost switch to maxis, luckily I managed to retract.

QUOTE(tien171 @ Dec 12 2018, 07:51 AM)
I have been a unifi  user for 5 years .  at subang jaya
Never  had  disconnect issues  .  if fact no issues at all so far.

Any issues  so easy to log a  fault  report  . i would say within  10 mins max 

if onsite assistance is needed  they will assign a technician within 24 hours.
you can track the fault ticket  on your  unifi portal .
you can see  that the ticket is assign a technician and his phone contact  within 24 hours
You can call the tech  to check what time he plan to arrive  or  reschedule  the visit time  if  he is OK .

100 percent  of time  the tech will be  at your home  within 24 hours .  (my experience so far  on  3 tickets this year. ( change hypp box ,  change router, fiber eaten by rat )

Unifi have a good SOP  for this  fault reporting and escalation process.
but some times  things do  go wrong .  lemon  cases !
I have no issues  with unifi  except that they  keep  change their unifi plans and some  users pay more on fees.  maybe this is expected due to competition.

Now with the 100Mbps at 129 rm  every one can  change their plan or subscribe if  coverage permits.

i see no reason  for  changing  to Maxis  even if cheaper by  a few dollars.
Restoration service is more important  criteria  for me .  my 2 cents view !
Yeah. Same here. I have been using unifi since 2 years back. No issues so far, even there is, it is quite easy to settle. log a case, less than 2 hours, resolved.

yup, their support is quite good. No doubt.

QUOTE(Hobbez @ Dec 12 2018, 06:02 PM)
Nope. Their sub contractor "Maxpert" came over and cannot do anything, just check and sign the paper.....

I suspect their fibre network is not equipped to handle so many new customers and that is why now their network is going down all the time and having issues.

In 2017 I hardly need to call them for any problem. But the past 6 months in 2018, I think I called them 30+ times and now their customer support is also worse than ever.

Until today I get disconnections and network errors lasting only about 5 seconds each time and then it reconnects back again. But VERY irritating. I lose many online games becos of stupid Maxis. It started about 2 weeks ago and now is permanent issue.

They better lower the price for 30 mbps to RM39 as their quality is so BAD!!!
Seriously, it has significant amount of unpleasant customers now comparing to unifi, lucky I manage to escape. haha.
miss comet
post Dec 13 2018, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
222 posts

Been using maxis since 2012 because cheaper price compare to unifi (118 vs 149 for 10mbps)

so far don't have connection problem, though I "feel" old speed (10mbps) is faster than current 30mbps

Maybe wifi a bit slow, other than that, my connection is stabil.
dayalan86
post Dec 17 2018, 01:48 PM

Enthusiast
962 posts

I am having problem with maxis fiber link being down, been internet-less for almost a week now and still no sign of the technician coming over to check.

Contract ending soon, planning to get Unifi and terminate maxis by end January. Lousy reliability.

They did not even reduce our billing cycle rate to RM 89, still paying RM 179 for 30 Mbps.
tiramisu83
post Dec 23 2018, 11:04 PM

On my way
626 posts

Do not switch to Maxis! Maxis is the worst internet provider in the world.

Now I realized unifi actually not that bad, haha

Maxis is using TM backbone, no surprise maxis line is not stable..Is all about competition.
tiramisu83
post Dec 23 2018, 11:06 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(dayalan86 @ Dec 17 2018, 01:48 PM)
I am having problem with maxis fiber link being down, been internet-less for almost a week now and still no sign of the technician coming over to check.

Contract ending soon, planning to get Unifi and terminate maxis by end January. Lousy reliability.

They did not even reduce our billing cycle rate to RM 89, still paying RM 179 for 30 Mbps.
Yes, terminate it on that exact date, don't let them earn you single cent for their poor service
tiramisu83
post Dec 23 2018, 11:06 PM

On my way
626 posts

QUOTE(dayalan86 @ Dec 17 2018, 01:48 PM)

Yes, terminate it on that exact date, don't let them earn you single cent for their poor service

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:27 AM