Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Bridgestone Turanza T005A, Reviews, Suggestions

views

Actchan
post Apr 6 2019, 08:13 PM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Apr 5 2019, 11:54 PM)
Guys, just swap my Teana 2.5 with 215/55/17 for RM385/pc 3 days ago.

I read the review said the turanza sidewall is actually stiffen to reduce damping. I quite sceptical how the tyre that claimed 'comfort' come with harden sidewall.

I think Teana NVH is among the best if compare to camry and Accord. But still felt the road feedback is too much on those badly paved road when i inflated the tyre according to the recommended 240kpa. I guess i may need to reduce it to 220kpa or lower, Any idea?

Hi there, i believe all new tyres need a running-in period. To run in your tyres, recommend to drive at moderate speeds during the first 500km to soften the rubber and maximize the tyre performance.
For 215/55r17 , 240kpa at front , 220kpa at rear will be nice setup for driving alone always, but may increase another 20kpa if need carry more weight.
Valentino46
post Apr 9 2019, 04:59 AM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Apr 5 2019, 11:54 PM)
Guys, just swap my Teana 2.5 with 215/55/17 for RM385/pc 3 days ago.

I read the review said the turanza sidewall is actually stiffen to reduce damping. I quite sceptical how the tyre that claimed 'comfort' come with harden sidewall.

I think Teana NVH is among the best if compare to camry and Accord. But still felt the road feedback is too much on those badly paved road when i inflated the tyre according to the recommended 240kpa. I guess i may need to reduce it to 220kpa or lower, Any idea?

Initially i actually want to swap to Michelin Primacy 4st 215/60/17 for higher sidewall profile to maximise comfort, however the tyre shop said it might rub with the fender when full load. Also tried to search Yoko Advan DB v552, unfortunately these tyre is very hard to find in Johor Bahru area.

Right now the most comfort tyre i used was Continental CC6 on my Saga BLM, that tyre really silent and comfort especially on those worn tarmac road, but just too bad it stopped at largest 16 inch and my Teana 2.5 just miss the threshold.
i've changed mine last month,size 225/50/17 for 350 bucks a piece
i came from primacy 3st and before that,yokohama c drive 2
had done 3k km with my 8th gen accord,this tire is noticeably quieter than both my primacy and c drive if my memory serve me right
i tried several different air pressure ranging from 10kpa below to 10 kpa above the car recommended pressure,i find that this tire doesn't like being under-pressure,at just -10kpa ,the tire sway left right significantly when lane changing and cornering,its more happy being slightly over-pressured a bit, i suspect the side wall is significantly weaker than both the tire i mentioned prior.
this is completely the opposite of my primacy and cdrive which bumpy as hell if i overpressure them even just a bit,they prefer slight underpressure
with appropriate pressure dialed in,so far i find its pretty quiet,in fact the quietest tire i ever had,bumpiness more or less same as primacy,its quite grippy when you try load them up in the corner,but steering feedback is very poor,worse than primacy
note that the accord had stiffer suspension set up compare to your teana,in my experience stiffer suspension tend to exaggerate tire movement more than softer sprung one,like my e90 in the past,they just doesn't like soft tire very much.

tkyong1
post Apr 9 2019, 09:22 AM

Casual
420 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 9 2019, 04:59 AM)
had done 3k km with my 8th gen accord,this tire is noticeably quieter than both my primacy and c drive if my memory serve me right
i tried several different air pressure ranging from 10kpa below to 10 kpa above the car recommended pressure,i find that this tire doesn't like being under-pressure,at just -10kpa ,the tire sway left right significantly when lane changing and cornering,its more happy being slightly over-pressured a bit, i suspect the side wall is significantly weaker than both the tire i mentioned prior.
this is completely the opposite of my primacy and cdrive which bumpy as hell if i overpressure them even just a bit,they prefer slight underpressure
with appropriate pressure dialed in,so far i find its pretty quiet,in fact the quietest tire i ever had,bumpiness more or less same as primacy,its quite grippy when you try load them up in the corner,but steering feedback is very poor,worse than primacy
note that the accord had stiffer suspension set up compare to your teana,in my experience stiffer suspension tend to exaggerate tire movement more than softer sprung one,like my e90 in the past,they just doesn't like soft tire very much.
This is real life real user experience, very appreciate your post.

Surprising T005A is quieter than Primacy ST. I always thought Primacy ST is one of the quietest tire out there (sad i no chance to try cause did not have my size).
coolkwc
post Apr 10 2019, 09:29 PM

Fall in love with audio again.
2,909 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 9 2019, 04:59 AM)
I just under inflated at 220kpa, -20 from recommended and i didn't find compromise in handling while gain considerably comfort level. Observe from the sidewall i didn't notice significant flex due to under inflate. I think 'comfort' is down to personal preference and i admit sometimes i over demand for it.
Valentino46
post Apr 10 2019, 10:21 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(coolkwc @ Apr 10 2019, 09:29 PM)
I just under inflated at 220kpa, -20 from recommended and i didn't find compromise in handling while gain considerably comfort level. Observe from the sidewall i didn't notice significant flex due to under inflate. I think 'comfort' is down to personal preference and i admit sometimes i over demand for it.
yes you're not wrong, i also find the comfort level is truly phenomenal if you underinflate it just a bit, by 10kpa, in fact it's so good I'm contemplating of accepting the tire movement as compromise for good return in comfort.
i forget to mention i only find the tire flex to be problematic at 120km/h and above and aggressive cornering, in fact i find it damn scary during my top speed run at around 210km/h on bumpy new highway between kuala lipis and gua musang, the whole car wobble side to side way too much compare to Michelin primacy, which was stable as a rock in similar condition

This post has been edited by Valentino46: Apr 11 2019, 12:35 AM
Actchan
post Apr 11 2019, 10:16 AM

Casual
472 posts

QUOTE(Valentino46 @ Apr 10 2019, 10:21 PM)
yes you're not wrong, i also find the comfort level is truly phenomenal if you underinflate it just a bit, by 10kpa, in fact it's so good I'm contemplating of accepting the tire movement as compromise for good return in comfort.
i forget to mention i only find the tire flex to be problematic at 120km/h and above and aggressive cornering, in fact i find it damn scary during my top speed run at around 210km/h on bumpy new highway between kuala lipis and gua musang, the whole car wobble side to side way too much compare to Michelin primacy, which was stable as a rock in similar condition
Hi bro, thank you for your sharing on the t005a.

I check alot online review about this, all rounded premium touring tyre but more on comfort and quite ride. Good slalom dry and wet traction + braking distance. Btw all test done below speed 100kmh only...

Please forgive its highspeed performance , bridgestone turanza t005a comfort above all =)

Watch "Bridgestone launches the Turanza T005A " on YouTube
https://youtu.be/eiDf8N-cQ-o

This post has been edited by Actchan: Apr 11 2019, 10:16 AM
tkyong1
post Apr 11 2019, 10:41 AM

Casual
420 posts

other than T005A, any other comfort and silent tires that suit our sizes?
Valentino46
post Apr 11 2019, 10:30 PM

On my way
629 posts

QUOTE(tkyong1 @ Apr 11 2019, 10:41 AM)
other than T005A, any other comfort and silent tires that suit our sizes?
toyo cf2,good user feedback mostly despite being an old model(2013)
quite cheap,made in japan,good looking side wall
vez
post Apr 28 2019, 04:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,883 posts

watching some review for this tire seems great, anyone know the best price i can get in Penang for 215/50/R17?
m|key
post May 14 2019, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
262 posts

any recommended tyre shop in Penang island to get this tyre?

coolkwc
post Jul 9 2019, 09:30 PM

2,909 posts

https://youtu.be/YHY2T-kGmfg

Turanza T005 vs Primacy 4.

Well if you are not understand mandarin, the summary of the test is T005 having shorter braking distance in both dry and wet road, having better body control in slalom test, while primacy 4 slightly better in cornering traction.

This inline with my observation of harder side wall of T005, which is abit bumpy in my 17'' Teana
TSguanteik
post Jul 9 2019, 10:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,288 posts

coolkwcWere you on Primacy 4St before T005? I've not used Premacy before but looking at the price wise, T005 is more economical for almost the same satisfaction.
coolkwc
post Jul 10 2019, 05:39 AM

2,909 posts

QUOTE(guanteik @ Jul 9 2019, 10:34 PM)
coolkwcWere you on Primacy 4St before T005? I've not used Premacy before but looking at the price wise, T005 is more economical for almost the same satisfaction.
No, never...but actually keen to switch over from T005. I like abit.more comfort but not sure Michelin is better or not. Yes, T005 currently is the cheapest touring tyre that come with decent performance.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0718sec    1.22    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:43 AM