6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

City of Elmina by Sime Darby v3, Part of Selangor Vision City

views

PAChamp
post Jan 13 2022, 10:20 AM

Casual
380 posts

Hello guys, Am planning to buy a unit in Ilham 2. How is life in Elmina Gardens? It looks like there will be a entry to the DASH highway from Denai Alam after checking with the DASH website... one of the main reasons why i am considering the place as I work in KL. Appreciate any feedback you all can give me before i make a commitment notworthy.gif
PAChamp
post Jan 14 2022, 10:48 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(elmond @ Jan 14 2022, 02:50 AM)
use search feature and you will find there is no direct access from GCE to KL direction

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=Sear...s&highlite=dash
Is there one at Kg.Melayu Subang?
PAChamp
post Jan 19 2022, 11:04 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(taufutaufu @ Jan 18 2022, 01:31 AM)
Hi.. i'm first buyer.. thinking getting a unit in Ilham Residence 2.. May i ask for those who are interested in Ilham Residence 2, do you mind do share your thought?

I paid a visit to BSC Jardin residences too but what i dislike
1) roofing system (Metal Sheet Roofing)
2) Location abit outskirt (further away from Klang valley)

what i like
1) higher ground (in fengshui term is a good location)

back to Ilham Residence 2, besides price, airplane noise, and quite near to the GCE highway (noise pollution)
what are the reason for you to choose or not to choose this area for your own stay? Strata title will be taking in your consideration too?

Appreciated if you comment and share your thought, it will help me to decide whether go for it for my 1st home..
Thanks in advance thumbsup.gif
I am also thinking about purchasing one in Ilham 2, more for retirement away from the city. I also went to BSC Jardin showhouse and its nice but location a bit more isolated for me. I work in KL city center. Once my wife retires i can go to work late so i don't mind coming over to Elmina. Now i stay in a PJ condo. I prefer strata title as the owners have more control over the common areas. My condo area actually installed RFID and electric fencing by the MC and in future, Ilham 2 can also install electric fencing and CCTVs. Like you, i want a freehold property. I want to leave something behind for my grandchildren. Leasehold is less secure. Hence the choices are BSC and Elmina.... I also considered down south... Serenia city...but prefer North and Klang Valley address.... if buy Gamuda Gardens - Rawang address, BSC is Sg.Buloh Address (which is ok), ECO majestic is semenyih. My main concern now is the access to DASH... need to take a few drives to have a look before final decision.
PAChamp
post Feb 8 2022, 12:25 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(Stigonboard @ Feb 6 2022, 05:44 PM)
You work in KL but decided to live in Elmina cos “its near”

Mind you Eco Majestic is nearer to KL if you commuting everyday

Address snoberry is funny for me as last time “Sg Buloh” just few years back is backwarwr also and I think it just matter of time Rawang and Semenyih will also considered good address
Actually, the area where i consider to be the "center" is Bandar Utama/ Damansara Perdana/ Damansara Uptown as I stay very near there and all my social activities/friends/family are there. That's why Elmina is more attractive to me than Semenyih. I will still be going to the "center" after i stop work. If i have budget, i will buy in PJ area but now i think i will need at least 1 mil to 1.5 mil to get a landed freehold there (inclusive renovation costs). For new projects Elmina seems to be the best choice. However now wife having second thoughts...

BTW I hope i am not being offensive here but does anyone know what is the racial make up of Elmina Gardens residents? I know about the 50% bumi quota but since it is freehold, bumi buyers can sell to non-bumis so the racial make up can change...
PAChamp
post Feb 8 2022, 12:29 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(Investor12 @ Jan 19 2022, 06:04 PM)
Hi, just to share my findings

I am also considering Ilham 2 type c (22x65) but after some surveys, think I will not go for it as I just worried about the plane noise

I prefer strata title than individual and I like the location being in Elmina garden than in valley or green. it is just more quiet there compare to the other 2 locations. but the points that put me off are

1. Price
type C priced at 850k+/-. with the same price I could get EV 3/4/5 although the price could be slightly higher but it come with bigger size 22x75. I have viewed a few units in EV as well as Keana in elmina garden. For the same price I could get a sub sale with bigger size. this make it hard to choose between Ilham and EV.

2. Plane noise
- I will suggest you guys go and listen. Ilham 2 site is directly under the Subang airport landing flight path. I did a few trips, park my car close to ilham 2 site and wait for the planes. I would says if you are standing on teh site in a open compound, the plane noise is some how okay and not as loud. The plane will flight pass like in less than a minute? but not until when I was viewing Keana inside the unit, the plane noise was really loud when the plane flight over. I am not too sure what is the reason, was it a fighter jet that's I can't confirm.

because of the noise, think I will have to give up and look for some where else...still undecided yet if I should buy a unit in EV
would appreciate it if any one here could share more about the plane noise.... maybe the plane noise is not as loud?
I was there over the weekend... firefly plane quite frequent and moderately loud in open area near site. But the TUDM plane was twice as loud! however not so frequent. Not sure if in the house, will it be louder or quieter... maybe some soft materials to soak up the sound... Any residents in Elmina care to comment?
PAChamp
post Feb 9 2022, 03:26 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(rumahwip @ Feb 8 2022, 01:17 PM)
ilham is 3 BR, rt? mean ground floor no bed room?
Apparently the only type available for the new release is 3BR with no BR downstairs. The most expensive units with BR downstairs are still available last i checked. Close to 900k above.
PAChamp
post Feb 9 2022, 03:27 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(shinigamidesu @ Feb 9 2022, 11:54 AM)
DASH maximise toll collection and minimize "toll free stretch". Couldn't understand to this date why interchange design to Guthrie is so bad.
I really dont mind paying toll from Denai Alam to go into DASH... better than stuck in jam
PAChamp
post Feb 15 2022, 11:43 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(callmecool @ Feb 14 2022, 03:15 PM)
Go drive around Elmina that whole area on a Sunday morning at around 8.30am and evening 6pm. Then you will know the answer.
I actually went for my morning jog there and know the racial make up of those who use the park, but like someone else said, most of the users of the park come from the surrounding areas and are not residents.

The last phases of Elmina will be semi Ds and bungalows... if SD follows the pattern of their earlier developments like Ara Damansara... there you can still buy their Seri Pilmoor bungalows for a cool RM5 mil each...very slow to move lah....so those waiting and hoping to buy nearest to the forest reserve in Elmina better have plenty of money to get those bungalows...
PAChamp
post Feb 16 2022, 09:52 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(callmecool @ Feb 15 2022, 01:25 PM)
Can I ask a question? It may already be discussed earlier in this thread and I may have missed out. For this sentence of yours "so those waiting and hoping to buy nearest to the forest reserve in Elmina", why ya? any good reasons to be nearer to forest reserve?
like hahaha said, my guess is the scenery, the greens, the cool fresh air coming from the forest, less congested etc. (dunno whether got monkeys or not). Did you know SD's Putra Heights also got bungalow launch, also RM5 mil... very nice and price also very very nice thumbup.gif
PAChamp
post Feb 17 2022, 11:36 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(Ogosh @ Dec 20 2020, 11:27 AM)
They have updated the sizes for upcoming launches for Elmina Green, Elmina Hill and also they have divided th plots of lands in Elmina Ridge. Elmina Peak too is residential type. Seems like more and more residentials are coming, so no rush for me I guess.

user posted image
found this old post...looks like Elmina Hills next to forest reserve are for double storey semi Ds (code: DSSH) in the map.
PAChamp
post Feb 28 2022, 12:19 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(zakinapi @ Feb 27 2022, 08:21 AM)
already purchase ilham… 😭
Hi bro, what is the type and size you bought? Sad that SD didn't give you what was shown at the sales gallery. I was impressed with the fixtures and fittings they showed at gallery but now have to be careful what they say... I will make a decision after going to see showhouse...
PAChamp
post Mar 3 2022, 11:48 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(ha_ha_ha @ Mar 3 2022, 09:38 AM)
As I said earlier if no traffic 40 minutes or less. If peak hours around an hours. I worked around KL Sentral while my wife worked at KLCC. Get up early morning send the kids to primary school then straight away go to the office. Within 1 hours or less can reach...been doing this for the past 7-8 years. Now its school holiday..can reach KL faster. Get out just before peak hours start laa...if go out 8am...then don't complaint if 1 hours can't reach KL. Its all about timing. Get up early to make a living. Its not the location, traffic nor the highway fault. Its either you spend more time traveling and get used to it or spend more money to buy a house near your workplace.
That's my dilemma at the moment. Now staying in PJ, own condo. Convenient. In a few years wife will be retiring. Both of us thinking of landed freehold but have to buy far away. PJ houses expensive and need another 20% to renovate. Buy further out or just relax and continue to stay in condo confused.gif
PAChamp
post Mar 8 2022, 12:15 PM

Casual
380 posts

hi all, yesterday were any roads from KL/PJ to Elmina flooded? i read Sg Buloh, Kg Melayu was flooded.
PAChamp
post Mar 9 2022, 09:53 AM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(ninacriedpower @ Mar 9 2022, 09:47 AM)
Does anybody which tenants are coming in to the Lakeside Mall?
I do hope they open Decathlon in Elmina, perfect fit of the lifestyle of this place
Did you see any construction in progress at the mall?
PAChamp
post Mar 15 2022, 03:36 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(jj6969 @ Mar 15 2022, 10:32 AM)
You are correct, different people have different level of acceptance. I had been to the show unit & site survey for 4 times. The aircraft fly just above the unit's area which I am interested with (Saturday noon itself already 4 aircrafts witnessed within half an hour). Thus, I intend to get the units close to the highway but SA inform me the level of sound pollution is even higher compare to the aircraft  blush.gif . There's no noise barriers (walls or Shrubs and Trees) installed/planted at the border between residential unit & highway.
So, finally I give up my long time targeted property...so sad..
Congratulation again to you on your new purchased unit! Thanks for your comment & feedback.
I went to the site again (5th time) to view the Ilham 1 property. It is small built up but the design of Ilham 1 makes it look even smaller with the bathroom at the entrance. I believe that the pricing is being revised upwards due to all the uncertainties (covid, war in russia , inflation etc.) Did any Ilham2 buyer here sign the SPA already? If so you managed to lock in the price and the remaining not yet released units will bear the increase sad.gif I will wait for the final price before i decide whether to proceed.
PAChamp
post Mar 18 2022, 12:04 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(elmond @ Mar 18 2022, 11:46 AM)
townhouse coming, suppose be more affordable for the house size

MBSA/OSC/KM(DO)/SEK.U16/0046/2022 (MBSA-KM20220207-002) : PERMOHONAN KEBENARAN MERANCANG PENDIRIAN BANGUNAN BAGI CADANGAN KEDIAMAN STRATA (303 UNIT) YANG MENGANDUNGI : A. 241 UNIT RUMAH TERES STRATA (20’ X 70’) 2 TINGKAT B. 62 UNIT RUMAH BANDAR (36’ X 70’) 2 TINGKAT C. 1 UNIT PONDOK PENGAWAL & PEJABAT PENGURUSAN 2 TINGKAT D. 1 UNIT PUSAT KOMUNITI E. 1 UNIT TADIKA F. 1 UNIT SURAU DI NO.15, JALAN FREKUENSI U16/110, ELMINA, SEKSYEN U16, 40160 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN - UNTUK TETUAN SIME DARBY PROPERTY (CITY OF ELMINA) SDN. BHD. oleh SIME DARBY PROPERTY (CITY OF ELMINA) SDN. BHD. di Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam
Was informed by SA that townhouses will be built at the next lot after Ilham 2. Should be more affordable ie. the cheapest units in Elmina Gardens
PAChamp
post Mar 25 2022, 12:16 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(hidayat14 @ Mar 24 2022, 11:52 PM)
Elmina fb group. Some to the extent of taking legal action due to lots of defects and poor workmanship.

Why you say their quality ok? You own one?
Oh dear, how to join the FB group? I just booked a unit in Elmina. I wanna see the complaints because I can still cancel.
PAChamp
post Mar 28 2022, 12:31 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(hidayat14 @ Mar 28 2022, 09:52 AM)
hi guys. currently planning to buy a house in elmina. just want to check with you

where ilham residence situated ya? also is it affected with flight noise?
Been there a few times to survey. Yes its beneath the flight path. from outside can hear the airplane but some residents say if you are in the house, you won't notice except for the air force planes. However where i am staying now is facing a road where you have idiot motorbikes with loud exhausts zooming by my condo which are way louder than any air planes. So for me, i prefer the air planes than the motorbikes because its softer and not so frequent sweat.gif
PAChamp
post Mar 28 2022, 12:34 PM

Casual
380 posts

BTW anyone know or heard when the clubhouse is gonna be built?
PAChamp
post Mar 29 2022, 12:56 PM

Casual
380 posts

QUOTE(harrywilsome @ Mar 29 2022, 10:35 AM)
In general . It's true.
Quality teruk betul.
Sime Darby used to be a very good company e.g. Ara Damansara, Subang etc
But quality is quite bad for their houses nowadays in Elmina.
Rumah retak , ada water fall dalam rumah bila hujan lebat. 
Pipe bocor,  water leak mark sana sini.
Worst is tanah mendap for some houses in Elmina.

Menyesal beli rumah di sini.

user posted image
Elmina which phase bro?

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.71    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2022 - 08:00 PM