> Astro Version 13A, All about Astro Malaysia offerings

views

fruitie
post May 23 2022, 10:56 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(linkinstreet @ May 23 2022, 10:53 AM)
Technically ultrabox and plug and play is the same thing. Just the difference is that you are either using satellite dish or internet 😅
Oh I mean the one with the satellite dish. At least I can access to live channels most of the time.
fruitie
post May 26 2022, 01:26 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(hizadzahid @ May 26 2022, 01:10 PM)
Check with CS cannot lah
Just let them do whatever they should, after that what you want to do it is up to you.

This post has been edited by fruitie: May 26 2022, 01:27 PM
fruitie
post May 27 2022, 11:17 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(milksoda @ May 27 2022, 09:27 PM)
just got this message today

RM0 Astro: Your Disney+ Hotstar 3 Months subscription auto renewal is successful. Continue to enjoy Disney+ Hotstar.

am i going to get charged now?
cause i remember they will email a month before they start charging ppl for subscription
and 've been watching hotstar Disney for free for almost 1 year already.

my monthly bill is about rm 226 with 2 decoder
I also received this SMS, technically you are paying it every month right? It has been added into our Movie pack by default when they introduced Hotstar in June 2021. Movie pack users are forced to pay additional RM 5 every month.
fruitie
post May 27 2022, 11:39 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ May 27 2022, 11:35 PM)
I heard was forced to pay rm5 extra. Unifi did not add any extra when they give disney plus. Maybe they save a lot.
Not heard memang by default already added in. laugh.gif
Yeah, I also have UniFi TV Ultimate package hence free for me. tongue.gif The only issue is now UniFi screwed up my phone no., ended up it’s having the same phone no. as Astro Disney Hotstar. Now I have one account with two subscriptions. doh.gif
UniFi FAQ mentions the registered no. can be changed after 30 days, I will do it. Then I can watch on 4 screens simultaneously rather than only two screens now.
fruitie
post May 28 2022, 11:18 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(Iptvfan @ May 28 2022, 08:49 AM)
In one fb group i read you can change number now
Ah really? Let me try later.
fruitie
post May 28 2022, 08:15 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(milksoda @ May 28 2022, 07:55 PM)
yeah i went to messenger to ask them and they told me to disregard the sms
then later i got a another sms

RM0 ASTRO: Please ignore the earlier SMS sent in error. We apologise for the inconveniences caused. Thank You.
Yeah. They sent another SMS to disregard the earlier SMS. laugh.gif
fruitie
post Jun 7 2022, 03:54 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

I called Astro to inform them that I would like to change the ownership as the existing owner has deceased. Guess what the CS told me after he put me on hold to check around? I cannot do it because the current contract is until next year's April.

I told him I'm aware of the contract period because we changed to Ultrabox last year, and I'm willing to continue with the remaining contract period. I told him that every time I contact Astro, I'm required to get verification from the current owner; how do I do it in this case? My father is no longer around.. bangwall.gif

He asked me to send in the death certificate, and he will update a remark under this account not to request verification from the current owner. doh.gif I asked him back. Isn't it easier if you can get it changed for me? I can do whatever I want later with my account as I plan to change my package. I also told him to recheck the Astro website; it mentions that the new owner will continue the remaining contract. https://support.astro.com.my/question/what-...pment-ownership

After he checked again, he admitted his mistake and told me to send an email to Astro with the form, my NRIC, and my father's death certificate.

Let's see how long it will take to complete this change.
fruitie
post Jun 7 2022, 09:48 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

How inconsiderate. sleep.gif Changing ownership due to the deceased owner also needed to change to the latest package. bangwall.gif

--

Thank you for contacting Astro.

First of all, we would like to express our deepest condolences on your loss. You have our deepest sympathies.

Pertaining to your email, please be advised that you would need to subscribe to the new packages to make any changes to your subscription, including transfer of ownership. We strongly encourage customers to switch to the new packs to enjoy the best content experience from Astro.

Please find the attached package price and channel list for your reference.

Please note that the new bundle package comes with package terms; you will have the choice between 0-, 12-, and 24-months contract commitment which will be auto-renewed at the end of your contract period. An SMS reminder will be sent to your registered mobile number within 30 days from the auto-renewal date. You may choose to opt out of the auto-renewal by contacting Astro.

--
fruitie
post Jun 8 2022, 01:06 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Jun 8 2022, 12:49 PM)
can you wait out the contract to end and then sever? or make changes then?

your predicament and such inhumane handling - taking advantage of a tragedy to push agenda - just added fuel to my resolve to sever this toxic relationship when contract ends.
Ya, I asked them what can I do for now. This is my reply:

--
Hi xxx,

I must say I'm disappointed with your reply. I'm not terminating any subscription here, and why are you forcing your users to switch to the latest package to change account ownership? Moreover, this change is not by choice; it is an unfortunate event. I would say Astro lacks humanity and compassion. I'll not hesitate to complain to MCMC about this inconsiderate option.

Please remember that I'm not terminating any contract here, I was merely asking you to change the ownership to me, and I would continue with the existing contract. This is written on your website: https://support.astro.com.my/question/what-...pment-ownership.

<Inline image>

Also, in your form, there is this selection of "no changes to existing subscription":
<Inline image>

What's the purpose of putting this selection when we cannot select it?

I wanted to change the ownership to me to avoid any verification request whenever I contact Astro; otherwise, please let me know how I can bypass this verification without changing ownership?

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the option of changing to the new package. Kindly suggest a more sensible and tactful choice.

Thanks.

--
fruitie
post Jun 8 2022, 04:43 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

Received this SMS:
RM0 Request for change of ownership/acct merge/acct split is done and will show on your next bill. For further help, email us at wecare@astro.com.my /Astro

And subsequently I received this email reply:

Thank you for reaching out to Astro.

Please be informed that we have managed to get approval from management to proceed the transfer ownership with the existing package for this time only and you may require to switch to our new bundle pack if you wish to proceed to change of package in future.

Do note that your new account number is xxxxxxxx.

Thank you and stay safe.

Finally, I fought and won the battle.
fruitie
post Jun 8 2022, 07:55 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Jun 8 2022, 07:33 PM)
You should reply back

"That wasn't so hard to perform, right?"
laugh.gif That's mean. tongue.gif
Anyway, since they have solved my issue, I will consider this case closed.
fruitie
post Jun 9 2022, 01:36 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 9 2022, 12:03 AM)
Based on fruitie's email reply from Astro:
It seems to me that they find it so much hassle till the point they need to get their higher management's approval. Things would've been much easier if you just switch to their new packs, which I believe it is their default SOP right now (since they've retired their legacy packs).

Also, introducing such hassle also means this will pushes more existing customers to switch to new packs, and discourages existing customers from staying in legacy packs as far as possible. That email also mention that you may require to switch to new packs if you want to change of package in the future. Basically, whatever legacy packs you and any of us having now, is literally "frozen".

Btw, I wonder why change of ownership also means you'll get new Astro account number? Isn't it just change the name and IC in their system will do or something? hmm.gif
Everything is changed. Even Astro Go account also no longer valid. I have to register a new Astro Go ID. TVB Anywhere and Disney+ Hotstar need to be linked again.

The smart card was also not working and I had to send SMS to activate it (appeared on the screen on what to do).

QUOTE(Oltromen Ripot @ Jun 9 2022, 01:00 AM)
hmmm... reading more into it.
probably it's because their existing SOP itself requires to issue a replacement account number all this while, BUT, now system is already restricted and can only create new account number with new packages,

while @fruitie insists it's just a matter of changing owner but to maintain pre-existing contracts and previous packages.

so have to get management level involved, who can authorize to bypass system's rules.
God knows what’s their procedures and yes must change to new pack next time.

Anyway, I will wait for a while before deciding to change as I’m not so keen to be tied with 24 months for Netflix. hmm.gif
fruitie
post Jun 9 2022, 09:55 AM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
66,117 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Jun 9 2022, 08:19 AM)
So literally you've become "new customer"?
Sounds like they created brand new account in their system with your name in it, and then apply whatever existing legacy packs and contracts you have, which this process requires the hassle of management approval?

How about your cloud recordings? Is it still there now? Or all your previous recordings are gone too?
Maybe.

I did not have any cloud recordings before this, so I couldn't validate. I assume it is gone as well.

6 Pages « < 4 5 6Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0574sec    0.63    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2022 - 03:03 PM