Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> THE GRAND SS15 SUBANG JAYA, The Asia Cafe Redevelopment Investment

views

aaron1717
post Oct 6 2018, 10:54 AM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Oct 6 2018, 10:50 AM)
good for developer.

not much publicity. surprise it did even better than this ss15 project.
they use agents selling ma... and no package mia project... no discount no rebates no absorb of GST... buyers feel this really reflective of the market there and confident to buy gua laugh.gif laugh.gif
tohca
post Oct 6 2018, 04:10 PM

On my way
611 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Oct 6 2018, 10:50 AM)
good for developer.

not much publicity. surprise it did even better than this ss15 project.
I think the project started about 2 years earlier than SS15, when the property market was a little warmer. I heard there may be a few more units left (SS13).

Adam_D
post Oct 6 2018, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(tohca @ Oct 6 2018, 04:10 PM)
I think the project started about 2 years earlier than SS15, when the property market was a little warmer. I heard there may be a few more units left (SS13).
Hmm, i thought all the SS13' units sold out long time ago? Only know developer selling shoplot now for RM1.98mil unsure.gif
candidman78
post Oct 11 2018, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

Just passing by, seems one college land had been cease operation.

Is not really dead, still jam at 9PM, no parking as usual

SOHO 498 units... Be careful on real maintenance costs

Don't believe and don't based on what developer tell on maintenance fee. It will be changed once JMB form. Not because of JMB.. is developer "absorb" during 1st year.

When JMB take over, all costs absorb before will comes. Furthermore warranty of equipment like lift, water pump will expire.

498 unit is not very low dense hope those who bought had good luck.

BTW now is using share unit no longer sqft on maintenance calculation.

This building is fighting market with Rajawali and My place in doubt in market.

max_cavalera
post Oct 21 2018, 11:37 AM

rebirth
5,406 posts

Standby 1 scooter or kapcai if u guys wanna buyand stay here...wayyy faster than car stuck in jams and looking for carpark
max_cavalera
post Oct 21 2018, 11:42 AM

rebirth
5,406 posts

QUOTE(candidman78 @ Oct 12 2018, 12:20 AM)
Just passing by, seems one college land had been cease operation.

Is not really dead, still jam at 9PM, no parking as usual

SOHO 498 units... Be careful on real maintenance costs

Don't believe and don't based on what developer tell on maintenance fee.  It will be changed once JMB form.  Not because of JMB.. is developer "absorb" during 1st year.

When JMB take over, all costs absorb before will comes. Furthermore warranty of equipment like lift, water pump will expire.

498 unit is not very low dense hope those who bought had good luck.

BTW now is using share unit no longer sqft on maintenance calculation.

This building is fighting  market with Rajawali and My place in doubt in market.
Im in building mgmt and maintenance industry. Yes u r right. Reason being why the maint cost usually will increase 2 years after VP is:

- During 2 years under DLP developer will absorb cost of:

1. Lift maintenance
2. Landscaping
3. Common area defect repairs
4. Fire alarm system defect repair
5. Expensive stuff in MSB/Low Voltage room covered by warranty like power factor controller, relays and capacitor bank

However based onmy experience if the strata development have density more than 350 units the cost increment wont be much since with higher units, the economic of scale will come into play and increase in cost will be divided by more units.

candidman78
post Oct 21 2018, 06:37 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Oct 21 2018, 11:42 AM)
Im in building mgmt and maintenance industry. Yes u r right. Reason being why the maint cost usually will increase 2 years after VP is:

1. Lift maintenance
2. Landscaping
5. Expensive stuff in MSB/Low Voltage room covered by warranty like power factor controller, relays and capacitor bank

However based onmy experience if the strata development have density more than 350 units the cost increment wont be much since with higher units, the economic of scale will come into play and increase in cost will be divided by more units.
Actually, I am going to end my term as JMC. My area 400 unit with average 480sqft per unit. 4 lifts ... Currently collect 0.50 psqft. Is expensive.

Management Company and TNB is biggest Chunk of expenses. The JMC team found out TNB double charge since day one. Management Company not even know there are such thing.

We cut more than RM 60 K to RM20K on TNB. But these effort is not appreciated. In fact, I know can further cut about 7K per month just I don't have time anymore since we had been labelled as Idiot, Money eating.

For those who don't know what is in background work of strata building . just don't buy.

candidman78
post Oct 21 2018, 06:41 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Oct 21 2018, 11:42 AM)

1. Lift maintenance
2. Landscaping

Actually, I am going to end my term as JMC. My area 400 unit with average 480sqft per unit. 4 lifts ... Currently collect 0.50 psqft. Is expensive.

Management Company and TNB is biggest Chunk of expenses. The JMC team found out TNB double charge since day one. Management Company not even know there are such thing.

We cut more than RM 50 K to RM20K on TNB. But these effort is not appreciated. In fact, I know can further cut about 7K per month just I don't have time anymore since we had been labelled as Idiot, Money eating.

For those who don't know what is in background work of strata building . just don't buy.

beyond430
post Apr 15 2019, 11:48 AM

-----
1,325 posts

Heard that the tower 2 is already open for sales, anyone bought?
Harry_Bobinski
post Apr 15 2019, 12:27 PM

King of Truth
960 posts

If I am targeting student market in SS15, wouldn't MyPlace be a better choice? 550-650psf and for a bigger unit which I can convert into 7 bedrooms at one go.
Bjorn1688
post Apr 15 2019, 04:57 PM

Regular
1,924 posts

Eeeek, future student ghetto.

This project is a very risky project as Taylor's isn't here any longer and Inti mainly targets students from less wealthy households.

QUOTE(DesRed @ Jun 28 2018, 03:57 PM)
Reminds me of the time my sister lived in one of these 'converted' single-storey detached houses when she was studying at Taylors University 6 years ago. She had to squeeze together with 3 other roomies in one room with a master bed. If I'm not mistaken, that aunty house owner is able to partition 5 rooms out of that house. Earned a lot from the rental until she doesn't even need to work and can make trips to China twice a year some more.

Not a good experience being a student there at that time and my sister doesn't miss it one bit. I wonder if nowadays its much better or this scenario is still alive and kicking? hmm.gif
That aunty could be my mum :lol

This is her favourite kind of rental properties.

She has 3 of those single storey houses that been converted to be student ghettos. 1 is a Muslim girls only house, 1 a Chinese girls only house. All of 4 tenants per room and rental payable upfront by the semester.

The 3rd house is a bit funny, she was having some dispute with the corner house owner, something to do with the tenants making noises and one boy disturbing her maid and then the owner started being abusive on something along the lines that she did not like there being Indians living in the house next to her. Start of next semester, she converted the whole house to be an "African house" 8 students from various African countries moved in. Oh yeah because no one would rent to Africans the rental was RM1.5k per tenant per month. Only thing provided was a broom, mop and a mop bucket. Even the TNB was in their own name.

This type of rentals happen anywhere and everywhere there exist a private college or uni, her other place where she does this is Damansara Jaya and Semenyih.
DesRed
post Apr 16 2019, 06:03 PM

Delta Echo Sierra Eight Five
2,866 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Apr 15 2019, 04:57 PM)
That aunty could be my mum :lol

This is her favourite kind of rental properties.

She has 3 of those single storey houses that been converted to be student ghettos. 1 is a Muslim girls only house, 1 a Chinese girls only house. All of 4 tenants per room and rental payable upfront by the semester.

The 3rd house is a bit funny, she was having some dispute with the corner house owner, something to do with the tenants making noises and one boy disturbing her maid and then the owner started being abusive on something along the lines that she did not like there being Indians living in the house next to her. Start of next semester, she converted the whole house to be an "African house" 8 students from various African countries moved in. Oh yeah because no one would rent to Africans the rental was RM1.5k per tenant per month. Only thing provided was a broom, mop and a mop bucket. Even the TNB  was in their own name.

This type of rentals happen anywhere and everywhere there exist a private college or uni, her other place where she does this is Damansara Jaya and Semenyih.
You really sure this aunty I'm referring to is your mum? laugh.gif

That aunty I was describing lived right next door to it. If memory serves me, she lives alone and most of her kids have flown from the coop dy. Late 50s or early 60s. Not really sure she bought other houses and turned them into 'student ghettos', though.

But I have to admit, you mum does have a knack for property investment.
Harry_Bobinski
post Apr 16 2019, 06:07 PM

King of Truth
960 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Apr 16 2019, 06:03 PM)

That aunty I was describing lived right next door to it. If memory serves me, she lives alone and most of her kids have flown from the coop dy. Late 50s or early 60s. Not really sure she bought other houses and turned them into 'student ghettos', though.

Even his dad has it. That huge "haunted house" which he destroyed. Was it in Bangsar?

This post has been edited by Harry_Bobinski: Apr 16 2019, 06:07 PM
dave1987
post Apr 16 2019, 06:40 PM

Property King
766 posts

QUOTE(Harry_Bobinski @ Apr 15 2019, 12:27 PM)
If I am targeting student market in SS15, wouldn't MyPlace be a better choice? 550-650psf and for a bigger unit which I can convert into 7 bedrooms at one go.
650 sq to covert to 7rooms 🤔
LoTek
post Apr 16 2019, 10:02 PM

Regular
1,237 posts

QUOTE(dave1987 @ Apr 16 2019, 06:40 PM)
650 sq to covert to 7rooms 🤔
he said psf not sqft right?
Harry_Bobinski
post Apr 16 2019, 10:16 PM

King of Truth
960 posts

QUOTE(LoTek @ Apr 16 2019, 10:02 PM)
he said psf not sqft right?
Psf la. Myplace goes for 1000 sqft
Bjorn1688
post Apr 17 2019, 12:33 AM

Regular
1,924 posts

QUOTE(DesRed @ Apr 16 2019, 06:03 PM)

When she first started she rented out 2 of the rooms in the house, then she bought the neighbouring unit and made it into 4 rooms. This was in 1995, after that she bought the 3rd house and moved out of the area to live in Damansara Jaya to do the same just this time it was KDU students. Same formula 4 room house, 1 room she reserved for herself and 3 other she rented out. After that bought 2 other units to do the exact same thing.

Then when her daughter went to Melbourne for her Bachelors she bought a 4 bedroom house, 1 for the daughter and 3 rented out to other students. Then when the daughter graduated and moved on to Sydney for her Masters, she did exactly the same thing again, found a 5 bedroom house and had it converted to be a student house. After that she moved back to Melbourne for her PhD, instead of asking someone to vacate she bought another 5 bedroom place and had it converted to be 7 bedrooms. Only took her 10 years to pay off each of those houses.

Finally her last foray into this was in Semenyih when Nottingham Uni opened the campus there. She bought 3 units side by side. Same formula again and if I'm not wrong all those houses are all paid for in full.

Now all the properties are paid for, only maintain and make sure there is a constant supply of China students renting from her.

QUOTE(Harry_Bobinski @ Apr 16 2019, 06:07 PM)
Even his dad has it. That huge "haunted house" which he destroyed. Was it in Bangsar?
It was how they met actually from a seminar on buying real estate using government loan. All while having a government servant quarters at Cochrane Rd area. Ironically it was also the reason they split up laugh.gif

The house is in Damansara.
ROYAL91
post May 4 2019, 05:57 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(la0da_shashab @ May 22 2018, 08:15 PM)
anybody interest lets bulk purchase n get more discount... hehe
SS15 students market
I am interested if bulk purchase, pm rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by ROYAL91: May 4 2019, 06:06 AM
max_cavalera
post May 6 2019, 11:52 PM

rebirth
5,406 posts

There are working adults who grow fond of this area and may choose this as their home...

But looking at all the eager buyer cant wait to rent out to students and turn it into student ghetto/hostel...

Ownstay will eventually cancel their booking/sell off their unit 😅

My prop investment the last 15 years thought me a harsh lesson. An apartment that is focus on student rental value wont go up much in the future...the ones that did is usually made up of majority ownstayers
findingdory
post May 17 2019, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Interested. SA please PM

10 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:50 PM