Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Joker Origin, A Dark Knight Prequel

views

6so
post Sep 8 2019, 07:29 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

https://variety.com/2019/film/festivals/ven...1203327388/amp/
Joker scored a Golden Lion at Venice FF. Best film, director and actor went to others. Unsure whether VFF uses the same single award merit system as per Cannes. If your film in consideration for competition, you are only eligible for one award only unlike Oscars.
Do wonder are they screening at TIFF, it will drum up considerable hype train leading to october release.

gaeria84
post Sep 9 2019, 01:10 PM

Enthusiast
783 posts

Awards aside, looks like it's gonna kill in the box office as well hmm.gif
defaultname365
post Sep 10 2019, 12:10 AM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,041 posts

Hopefully it turns out great... the same was said about TDKR (Oscar worthy for Best Picture) but I didn't find it that good.
domcobb
post Sep 13 2019, 08:12 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

ThalaFan
post Sep 14 2019, 12:56 AM

1 posts

Some things are better left alone...Batman for instance...or even the Joker...Christian Bale made great Batman/Bruce Wayne...and Heath ledger made superb Crime Prince of Gotham in DK...dude was hurricane...

As much as Joaquin Phoenix has impressed me in trailers...I'd say...dude should've been cast in BvS...or even in Matt Reeves Batman film

This post has been edited by ThalaFan: Sep 14 2019, 12:56 AM
skylinelover
post Sep 16 2019, 09:43 AM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
5,636 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Sep 10 2019, 12:10 AM)

Hopefully it turns out great... the same was said about TDKR (Oscar worthy for Best Picture) but I didn't find it that good.
haha 2nd shot for batman-related flick 2 snag the best picture next year laugh.gif laugh.gif
domcobb
post Sep 17 2019, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
197 posts

6so
post Sep 25 2019, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/joker-gu...ros-1203347987/
Initially thought the right wing will politicize the violence being related to mental illness and incel culture that widespread among far right demographic. US social commentary freedom really has regressed to cancel culture. At the slightest of provocation, calling for boycott or blaming on unrelated issues....sigh!

This post has been edited by 6so: Sep 25 2019, 03:04 PM
UandMe P
post Sep 25 2019, 10:22 PM

Probation
13 posts

Can't wait to see it. I love this character.
tonYe
post Sep 27 2019, 11:31 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,395 posts

Gonna get a lot of hate for my review...

ThalaFan
post Sep 28 2019, 12:43 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Sep 27 2019, 11:31 PM)
Gonna get a lot of hate for my review...

Nah...ur review was pretty straightforward. And balanced, explaining both pros & cons of the film

This film feels done purely to symbolize how society could transform worthless ant into unstoppable force. And damn sure even from it's trailer, we could know this film wouldn't have any fun, joy or Marvel-esque humors.

Just 1 thing. How do you wanna like a character that commits crimes & murders? I know it's a work of fiction, merely an adaptation from DC comics & stuff. But back in 2013, Michael Bay made Pain & Gain, a film based on true story abt 3 criminals succeeding in life. Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson alone somewhat made the film felt...relatable...both Mark & Antony Mackie we're obnoxious asshles dat don't give a fck abt killing ppl or other crimes. You simply cannot like these characters that are inspired from real-life prisoner's...it feels wrong on so many different levels

Joker is no different. At best, you may be amazed at the chaos he has inflicted to Gotham city & it's people. Or mind-boggled at multiple plans (say, Heath Ledger's Joker for instance).
6so
post Sep 28 2019, 07:06 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

Joker - Somewhat OK but not good enough.
Just wish the marketing downplay the association of Martin Scorsese name as the final result is like Todd Phillips fanboying his Taxi Driver spin with Joker. Also, borrowing of The King of Comedy felt underwhelming. The imitation just showing too apparent for my taste. Goes without saying, the crucial "One bad day" moment is terrifying as in too real for a "mainstream" movie because of Joaquin Phoenix's performance. Comic book fans may felt let down simply because of the challenging message and inconsequential association of Batman's lore. Gotta eat crows and see why some critics raise concern over the glorification of the violence in lieu to widespread of gun violence in US.

No denying Phoenix may do very well at awards season, provided backlash does not intensify to a fever pitch. The saddest part of it all, last year's "You Were Never Really Here" a far more superior film with similar themes and also starred Joaquin Phoenix. Joker for the most part a showcase of Phoenix's acting chop and that full transformation to Joker moment.
tonYe
post Sep 29 2019, 12:09 PM

ColourlessOpinions.com
1,395 posts

QUOTE(ThalaFan @ Sep 28 2019, 12:43 AM)
Nah...ur review was pretty straightforward. And balanced, explaining both pros & cons of the film

This film feels done purely to symbolize how society could transform worthless ant into unstoppable force. And damn sure even from it's trailer, we could know this film wouldn't have any fun, joy or Marvel-esque humors.

Just 1 thing. How do you wanna like a character that commits crimes & murders? I know it's a work of fiction, merely an adaptation from DC comics & stuff. But back in 2013, Michael Bay made Pain & Gain, a film based on true story abt 3 criminals succeeding in life. Dwyane "The Rock" Johnson alone somewhat made the film felt...relatable...both Mark & Antony Mackie we're obnoxious asshles dat don't give a fck abt killing ppl or other crimes. You simply cannot like these characters that are inspired from real-life prisoner's...it feels wrong on so many different levels

Joker is no different. At best, you may be amazed at the chaos he has inflicted to Gotham city & it's people. Or mind-boggled at multiple plans (say, Heath Ledger's Joker for instance).
Thanks bro. But I got like 99% dislikes on the video and super hostile comments that I don't even bother reading anymore haha...

Yeah you're right. I do mean "like" them as a villain, not morally. Same reason why Joker is so popular as a supervillain. The fans love him! I love certain portrayals of him too, of course.

In this film's case, I couldn't even like him before he committed any crime or even feel bad for him. Not because it's his fault or 'cause he's mentality ill, but mostly due to the writing and execution of the film.

I love character study films. And I don't mind* arthouse films either. But this film just feels tad bit pretentious to me.

This post has been edited by tonYe: Sep 30 2019, 01:45 PM
Calvin871989
post Sep 30 2019, 08:56 AM

Im Batman
1,230 posts

zhaf gave it a rating of 5/5 thumbup.gif said he recommend everyone to watch this.

ah , I cant wait im excited now biggrin.gif

blackroot83 P
post Oct 1 2019, 03:35 PM

Probation
5 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Apr 3 2019, 02:28 PM)
😦😯😮

Wow...

No chemical accident... Just society made him that way
Can't wait for this!!!! going to see it this weekend
ThalaFan
post Oct 2 2019, 08:21 PM

1 posts

https://youtu.be/1gzdlfCp2Iw

https://youtu.be/PJORkfmnmdY

Both Chris & Jeremy are raving this film...wonder if I should give this a shot....cuz some users here posted the film to be quite bland...
sos_tiram
post Oct 2 2019, 09:30 PM

35 posts

Yep, just finished watching it, for me I'd say 9/10 cool2.gif
Joaquin Phoenix as Joker is a masterpiece, as DC comic fan, hats off
and yes, the story is quite dark and violence, of course, he is the Joker biggrin.gif
orga_laut
post Oct 3 2019, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
245 posts

just watched it. so they really want to potray this type of joker.. i think as hes trying too hard to out perform dark knight joker, .. my rating is 3/5

wud prefer the interrogation ending scene as the start, .. investigating a case about 'who kill thomas wayne' coz new evidence pops-out during batman era, and the film leads us to the joker storyline as flashbacks.. and linked to the motive that might giv us some starts up towards batman

This post has been edited by orga_laut: Oct 3 2019, 01:26 AM
Muhammad Syukri
post Oct 3 2019, 05:08 AM

Straight Outta Nowhere
745 posts

I came with low expectation i guess.

coz i didnt see that gore & brutal scenes coming. Damn satisfying watching em blood splatter everywhere.
erald06
post Oct 3 2019, 02:46 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

My only complain;

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0497sec    0.80    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 06:14 PM