Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Mazda 3 Owners/Fans Club V10, Zoom-Zoom w/ Kodo

views

ZeneticX
post Feb 11 2022, 06:27 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

Newly refreshed car from Japan should have improved dampers and the MRCC should feel more natural as well

According to article from Pauline

Other changes include retuned springs and dampers to smoothen out suspension motion, reducing vibration and improving both ride and handling. As for safety, the Cruising & Traffic Support (CTS) Level 2 semi-autonomous driving function now works at highway speeds, up from the piffling 55 km/h limit of before. The adaptive cruise control also responds more smoothly to mimic a human driver better.

But this one really can only know the difference if there's 2 cars to compare side by side
ZeneticX
post Feb 24 2022, 01:23 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Feb 24 2022, 11:28 AM)
2.5 (non-turbo) should be quite hard to get, AFAIK they're made in Japan but only sold in Australia

For me it would be the proper plush carmats (no maggi mee nonsense) + 360 Camera + Full Active Safety Tech, Bose is a good to have as an option

I took a quick spin in the new Civic RS yesterday, in terms of the interior feel and NVH, it has really caught up, no longer can give mazda a clear win here
made me quite conflicted as well tbh
Care to give a quick summary on Civic RS vs Mazda 3 sedan?

Pros and cons
ZeneticX
post Feb 24 2022, 03:58 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Feb 24 2022, 03:44 PM)
Looks
Personally prefer Mazda3 but the Civic's droopy nose seems to look much better by just adding the "Front Grille Garnish", that's my only main complaint on the new Civic design, other is acceptable
[attachmentid=11100044]
SA also pointed out that the matte finish on Civic RS rims might easily get scuffed, even service center ppl also slightly concerned when doing maintenance work

Handling
Both are good, but I'd say Civic feels Japanese (more supple) compared to the Mazda which feels more German (more direct), didn't get to properly taruh 90degree corner on Civic cause that area all traffic light junctions only
Brake pedal feel is very Honda as they bite quite early compared to the Mazda's where its more easy to adapt
One surprising point is the Civic steering only goes like one full circle + a little bit in each direction, super light to maneuver for parking, but does load up quite nicely when at speed. Mazda meanwhile has a heavier steering feel overall.

Power
Its Turbo + CVT vs NA + 6AT, obviously Civic will have some turbo lag and the non-direct feeling of CVT
Coming from AT, I'd still prefer the Mazda's linear response, but with the Civic on gentle acceleration you can feel it pickup speed effortlessly at 2k+ RPM once the turbos kick in
Going all out, do I feel like the Civic is accelerates way faster than the Mazda 3? honestly, nope, but then again, test drive don't include highways, so overtaking performance is TBD

Infotainment
Mazda - Where each item in the menu is at is more logical, and just with one knob to control, everything makes sense (if rotating doesn't work just try pushing the knob), at least until when you need to search for a Waze/Maps location
Civic - Items feel all over the place, angle of the screen is not very driver friendly, doesn't feel as classy, but you do have a touch screen
Sound quality wise I don't have a clear winner, but both of them are good enough, no complaints
One plus point for iOS users is the Civic RS (RS only) has wireless carplay, Android users just bring cable lah

Gauges
Civic gauge cluster feels very busy, too many icons here and there, many notifications pop up on the LCD display. It once triggered the Lead Car Departure Warning, reading the text also made me realized the screen is slightly lacking in resolution. Also disappointed that Honda didn't use the same Sport mode gauge design from the 10th Gen Honda Accord, which shows the boost gauge, instead changing modes is just a color change.
In this case I prefer the cleaner design of the Mazda's gauges, since there's not really too much useful information to cycle through on the Civic anyway
Now I have a question here: I know Civic is able to display on the LCD which passenger has not put on their seatbelt, but I didn't notice if I can know exactly which door is open, and I also want to know if Mazda is able to show that specific info

Interior - Feel
Mazda still feels superior as an overall package when it comes to interior finish, but Honda is not far away
Except for the finish on the gearknob / cupholder area, the Civic interior no longer feels cheap, door and middle armrests aren't Mazda levels of good, but its already satisfactory, if you're just driving normally and not trying to poke every inch of the interior surface just to compare
The only thing I hate on the Civic is the lack of lumbar adjustment for the driver(which is available on the Mazda), and a stupid clicking noise when you adjust the A/C vents pointing up/down. For RS, use of suede in the seats are questionable as they get warm pretty quickly, and Honda can only afford to put red lighting on the front door, even when the rear door has a similar design  doh.gif

Interior - Space
No surprise, hands down Civic wins, even the Mazda sedan feels claustrophobic in every seat when compared to the Civic, apa lagi the liftback with dark interior
Mazda windows are smaller all round, no putting your shoulder on the window sill and driving like Takumi
Being able to properly open the glovebox, rear seat recline angle, rear seat thigh support, legroom, boot space, etc etc all goes to the Civic
No amount of premium materials can convince someone sitting in the back that the Mazda is better than the Civic, and to put the final nail in the coffin, Civic even comes with 2 USB ports in the rear.

One last item is the auto tilting side mirrors, I know the Civic doesn't tilt down when in Reverse, but I don't remember if the Mazda has them, hope someone can clarify
Thanks for the summary

I know this is off topic but referring to your first point about looks, the Civic definitely will look better if it have the full blacked out grille like Civic Si or Civic hatch

user posted image

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Feb 24 2022, 04:00 PM
ZeneticX
post Mar 5 2022, 07:25 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(gsan @ Mar 3 2022, 10:24 PM)
brows.gif  brows.gif at least civic has full features of honda sensing... bermaz just give you half bake i-activsense  doh.gif
Honda is actually phasing out Lanewatch worldwide and replacing with conventional BSM. If you check US Civic videos you will see they are already using BSM instead of Lanewatch

For some reason we are still getting Lanewatch here
ZeneticX
post Mar 25 2022, 07:14 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Mar 25 2022, 06:15 PM)
https://www.automachi.com/2022/03/2022-mazd...nched-malaysia/

hmm automachi announced with full color availability and price

fuhhhh red stitching, duno how accurate since pic is LHD
user posted image
Too bad the dash is not burgundy as well like oversea model

user posted image

But ok lah at least got different interior option now. Hope it's not limited time or model only

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Mar 25 2022, 07:14 PM
ZeneticX
post Mar 25 2022, 07:38 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Mar 25 2022, 07:21 PM)
Limited to Liftback Ignite Edition only.
nono I mean hopefully its not just a limited model thing. like after xxx units or period they stop offering the option
ZeneticX
post Mar 25 2022, 08:12 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(winter01942 @ Mar 25 2022, 08:09 PM)
For me that's too much red tho, because the red is quite bright in color

I quite like the white on the 100 years edition interior, but in reality white = dirty fast
user posted image
Its actually not bright red, since its burgundy colour. Its closer to maroon. A darker shade of red almost like brown

Think this is more accurate picture

user posted image

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Mar 25 2022, 08:24 PM
ZeneticX
post May 21 2022, 02:21 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

Honestly between the 3 siblings... Mazda 3 sedan, hatchback and CX30.... if I were to choose now I would just go for CX30. Almost same space as sedan iinm and with a larger boot opening i think? I'm more of a sedan/hatchback guy and not a fan of SUVs / crossovers as well but I can accept the CX30, can also slowly see the advantage of a taller ride given our mostly terrible road conditions... also that 1.8D drool.gif but its pricy

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: May 21 2022, 02:25 PM
ZeneticX
post Jun 19 2022, 02:36 AM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

QUOTE(ahkiongkc12345 @ Jun 17 2022, 11:48 PM)
I'm considering both 408 n 3008 now. Been waiting for my m3 for too long sudah....
408 still on sale? Isnt Peugeot line up now only consists of 2008, 3008 and 5008?

New 308 could be launching soon though
ZeneticX
post Jun 23 2022, 06:17 PM

stars for what
All Stars
10,549 posts

That's the cons of CBU car for a small volume brand here I guess? You need to consider that the plant in Japan is producing Mazda 3s for several countries. We are not a big market for them so naturally the priority to allocate stocks will be lower as well. That and also the chip shortage issue causing worldwide production issues....

This is just my theory. Not sure if there's the same problem with CKD models eg CX5, CX8. But its obvious every car brand now also got supply issues....

This post has been edited by ZeneticX: Jun 23 2022, 06:19 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0505sec    0.49    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th June 2022 - 08:40 PM