Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Dataprep/Solsis, Anyone work there? know about the place?

views

TSjojo_g2
post Apr 18 2007, 02:56 PM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
244 posts

I'm just wondering if anyone know what the company is all about and how working with them is like?
Thanks in advance. hmm.gif
Fred
post Apr 18 2007, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
141 posts

i dont want to scared u la .. but this is what my friend told me after he join the company as project manager -

He want to comeback to his old company. Enough said.
TSjojo_g2
post Apr 19 2007, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

QUOTE(Fred @ Apr 18 2007, 03:49 PM)
i dont want to scared u la .. but this is what my friend told me after he join the company as project manager -

He want to comeback to his old company. Enough said.
Oh Geez! that bad? OMG OMG.....!!!!
redhotpepper
post Jun 2 2009, 03:32 PM

23 posts

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Apr 19 2007, 09:37 AM)
Waaaa...that bad meh..Im in the midst to interview there woh.
sweet_pez
post Jun 2 2009, 04:58 PM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,017 posts

QUOTE(jojo_g2 @ Apr 19 2007, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE(redhotpepper @ Jun 2 2009, 03:32 PM)
Waaaa...that bad meh..Im in the midst to interview there woh.
I think it's best to judge on your own when you two go for interview... sometimes the expectation varies from one another. Staff A may be able to accept the work culture of the company but staff B may not. So the best bet is always be your own judge.
debbieslee
post Jul 27 2009, 10:26 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(sweet_pez @ Jun 2 2009, 04:58 PM)
I think it's best to judge on your own when you two go for interview... sometimes the expectation varies from one another. Staff A may be able to accept the work culture of the company but staff B may not. So the best bet is always be your own judge.
any specific comments on the working environment?
lamode
post Aug 30 2009, 11:16 PM

anything could happen!
3,724 posts

just wonder if actually anyone currently working there can advice on how the company culture looks like.

I signed the offer letter for customer engineer for CIMB project and will start to work there on 1st Sep smile.gif
ziranath
post Aug 31 2009, 10:13 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

Last time also got interview there. Its a bit special because my interview is at Old Town White Coffee..They said i will do helpdesk analyst and sumtimes will do part of support engineer job..takes me a few days to think either to accept or decline..
thyceult
post Aug 31 2009, 11:00 AM

Casual
393 posts

QUOTE(lamode @ Aug 30 2009, 11:16 PM)
just wonder if actually anyone currently working there can advice on how the company culture looks like.

I signed the offer letter for customer engineer for CIMB project and will start to work there on 1st Sep smile.gif
Dear lamode,

CIMB you said? Good luck on that. See you back in the forums after 3 months!
lamode
post Aug 31 2009, 12:06 PM

anything could happen!
3,724 posts

QUOTE(thyceult @ Aug 31 2009, 11:00 AM)
Dear lamode,

mind to clarify more?
Lester1987
post Sep 24 2009, 08:23 PM

Regular
1,983 posts

QUOTE(thyceult @ Aug 31 2009, 11:00 AM)
Dear lamode,

what does u mean by this? i am on the same position as well just went through the interview.
thyceult
post Sep 25 2009, 10:50 AM

Casual
393 posts

QUOTE(Lester1987 @ Sep 24 2009, 08:23 PM)
what does u mean by this? i am on the same position as well just went through the interview.
Let's just say that it is a problematic account to the core. Teams have led this project before you and have since left, and I believe with or without you, your team won't be the last either. They have been trying to solve some ermmm... integrity problems since 2007. Referring to both parties by the way. I'll have to side with the client though, regardless of how difficult CIMB can be. I mean, customers pay to get service, am I right?

This post has been edited by thyceult: Sep 25 2009, 10:51 AM
ziranath
post Sep 25 2009, 05:42 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

really think that the turnover really hight..
last may they offered me helpdesk analyst..after reject it..maybe they got somebody else..but now the post appeared again on jobstreet..
thyceult
post Sep 25 2009, 06:57 PM

Casual
393 posts

QUOTE(ziranath @ Sep 25 2009, 05:42 PM)
really think that the turnover really hight..
last may they offered me helpdesk analyst..after reject it..maybe they got somebody else..but now the post appeared again on jobstreet..
Yep ziranath, ahem ahem is currently in big trouble. No doubt they have secured a major contract recently, but frankly, that only serves to slow down their demise. Even with the major contract on hand, it's still a zero sum game. When the orders come in, you will still have to produce the headcount to manage the manpower requirements. How will the company be able to handle 10 service calls with only 4 technicians?

Imagine that.

Lucky for you tongue.gif
hushymushy
post Oct 13 2009, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,688 posts

QUOTE(thyceult @ Sep 25 2009, 06:57 PM)
Yep ziranath, ahem ahem is currently in big trouble. No doubt they have secured a major contract recently, but frankly, that only serves to slow down their demise. Even with the major contract on hand, it's still a zero sum game. When the orders come in, you will still have to produce the headcount to manage the manpower requirements. How will the company be able to handle 10 service calls with only 4 technicians?

Imagine that.

Lucky for you tongue.gif
Since you have such a good view and in depth knowledge of CIMB and Dataprep, are you an ex-staff?
Otherwise how would you know?

There are many scenarios in a project. Were you a manager in Dataprep before?

You have your rights to your own views, but since you were not the Project Manager or any manager in the company (i assume), then i think you are not at the liberty to comment.

As to the rest, why the hiring continues is probably due to manpower requirements and additional engagements.

Trust what you see within your own eyes.
Its your career.
Its only losers and non-performers that complain.

How do i know so much about dataprep, PM me, and I'll let you know.
helangkawi
post Mar 18 2010, 08:09 AM

it's a tarp!
656 posts

i just would like, if you have another offer, please let this offer go

They are still using old system to manage the team and also the management team is very poor of skills to manage the people who make profit for the company

if you are be appointing as a customer, field or technician, please think twice

the field position is not covered by zone, if you have call in Shah alam in the morning, you also can have another call in wangsa maju after that
mhchan2002
post Mar 18 2010, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
290 posts

agree on it. but somehow some co still using old system like Office 97...Novell old version..

what to do..they feel all those PC not important to run the biz..

encounter before the Snr a bit unknown..ask him what he wil lsmile with u and simply give u answer..later u found out wrong question him again..he say is it..no idea..
TSjojo_g2
post Apr 24 2010, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
244 posts

lol.. glad i dint joined. But technically, i joined for like.. um 4 - 5 days.
hushymushy
post Jul 27 2010, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,688 posts

i just wonder......how many of u r star achievers
dennispss
post Dec 1 2010, 06:12 PM

31 posts

This company really sucks... doh.gif
Better run for your life!
sniperking
post Dec 1 2010, 06:22 PM

Casual
471 posts

QUOTE(dennispss @ Dec 1 2010, 06:12 PM)
This company really sucks... doh.gif
Better run for your life!
baseless accusation
alialala
post Dec 9 2010, 12:30 PM

8 posts

Well, Dataprep actually not a bad company la. maybe there's a bad and good.

For workload, it normal if you donno how to manage your time and work. because in dataprep you have to meet tight deadline.

For environment, oh. i love it. they have sport club. company trip. sport club like usual. got badminton everyweek. snooker every 2 weeks. got movie day everymonth.

I resign from this company before. coz i got offer for government. it turned up few problem that i have to resign from government. and i worked for american big company. i missed dataprep. so, i resigned from american company. and work again with dataprep. really enjoy lor. haha.
lamode
post Dec 9 2010, 04:10 PM

anything could happen!
3,724 posts

QUOTE(alialala @ Dec 9 2010, 12:30 PM)

For workload, it normal if you donno how to manage your time and work. because in dataprep you have to meet tight deadline.

For environment, oh. i love it. they have sport club. company trip. sport club like usual. got badminton everyweek. snooker every 2 weeks. got movie day everymonth.

I resign from this company before. coz i got offer for government. it turned up few problem that i have to resign from government. and i worked for american big company. i missed dataprep. so, i resigned from american company. and work again with dataprep. really enjoy lor. haha.
you work as what position?
i believe majority of the feedback reflects for technical engineer position.
alialala
post Jan 26 2011, 09:49 PM

8 posts

i work as an executive of one of the department. maybe it is sucks to be the field engineer. admit that u can get a call at shah alam in morning and another call at wangsa maju in the afternoon. its what they call field whereby you may need to cover ur area. for me, anywhere is the same. just depends on urself. how you want to build ur skills inside smile.gif
kid a
post Mar 11 2011, 01:12 PM

1 posts

Hi all, just wanna share some info. Recently I've been working at solsis/dataprep. Join last january and I quit last tuesday..hehe..

Actually, solsis is ok but the workload depend on what project u involve. Like me, I was in RapidKL project and all I can tell you that since last 2 month, I've been working in like a dog day and night. There are time that I have work day and standby at site for a night and continue back to work the next day. For the record, there's one time I've been working non stop at sites for 19 hour..hehe sweat.gif
Past 2 weeks when the project starts to implement, i've been working like hell but when I get my payslip.. my overtime claims is higher than my salary..hehe
So, my advise. For young and junior in IT I suggest you work there for an experience plus high income (4-5k a month). In contrast,you'll have no life..hehe as for me I prefer more relax job and have time with family and friends. Good luck smile.gif
feralee
post Mar 17 2011, 05:31 PM

Enthusiastic (R)(C)(tm)
4,874 posts

i just receive call to go interview nex week
should i go for it?
icon_question.gif
period8
post May 15 2011, 12:15 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(kid a @ Mar 11 2011, 01:12 PM)
Hi all, just wanna share some info. Recently I've been working at solsis/dataprep. Join last january and I quit last tuesday..hehe..

Actually, solsis is ok but the workload depend on what project u involve. Like me, I was in RapidKL project and all I can tell you that since last 2 month, I've been working in like a dog day and night. There are time that I have work day and standby at site for a night and continue back to work the next day. For the record, there's one time I've been working non stop at sites for 19 hour..hehe  sweat.gif
Past 2 weeks when the project starts to implement, i've been working like hell but when I get my payslip.. my overtime claims is higher than my salary..hehe
So, my advise. For young and junior in IT I suggest you work there for an experience plus high income (4-5k a month). In contrast,you'll have no life..hehe as for me I prefer more relax job and have time with family and friends. Good luck  smile.gif
shud let ur ops manager know
shud have work life balance
alialala
post Aug 23 2011, 08:26 PM

8 posts

agreed -> "Its only losers and non-performers that complain. "

so far, i love this company, eventhough work like hell. i once stay in office more like 28 hours for some projects.

but, somehow you have to believe if you stay patient and do your work honestly, good will return.

for young people like me, to gain experience, this is the place where you have to do multitasking.

whoever got interview from this company, just give it a try. if you accept, try for a week or for as long as you can stand. if you dont like, cabut la.

and its true, sometime, my OT claims, higher than my salary. while other company sometimes cut the OT hour. smile smile.
soocp522
post Sep 5 2011, 03:07 PM

Getting Started
176 posts

QUOTE(alialala @ Aug 23 2011, 08:26 PM)
agreed -> "Its only losers and non-performers that complain. "

so far, i love this company, eventhough work like hell. i once stay in office more like 28 hours for some projects.

but, somehow you have to believe if you stay patient and do your work honestly, good will return.

for young people like me, to gain experience, this is the place where you have to do multitasking.

whoever got interview from this company, just give it a try. if you accept, try for a week or for as long as you can stand. if you dont like, cabut la.

and its true, sometime, my OT claims, higher than my salary. while other company sometimes cut the OT hour. smile smile.
Working as a Customer Engineer also that busy? Actually what is the diff between customer engineer and IT technician? i am working in a MNC with salary nearly 2.8K, should i go Dataprep interview for Customer engineer?
Abusayaf2020
post Oct 19 2011, 01:16 AM

2 posts

Don't waste ur precious time working for this dumb company.

If u do, u're working ur ass out to feed the top management.

For the past 10++ years this company has been declaring profit frm 1st to 3rd quarter of the year and then tadaa..4th quarter total loss! Hahaha..meaning no bonus to so called dedicated worker slaves..kwang kwang kwang

Year in year out..same old shit..

To those who reply with good feedbacks bout tis dumb company n challenged u to PM them are actually one of the fat management people who's dangling the carrot to employ slave to serve their fat arse..kakakaka

seedohbehlei
post Dec 21 2011, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

hi, anyone worked as pre-sales / solution architect at solsis before?

mind to share how the working environment, people, dealings, workload like?

thanks.
83squall
post Dec 27 2011, 04:44 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(Abusayaf2020 @ Oct 19 2011, 01:16 AM)
Don't waste ur precious time working for this dumb company.

If u do, u're working ur ass out to feed the top management.

For the past 10++ years this company has been declaring profit frm 1st to 3rd quarter of the year and then tadaa..4th quarter total loss! Hahaha..meaning no bonus to so called dedicated worker slaves..kwang kwang kwang

Year in year out..same old shit..

To those who reply with good feedbacks bout tis dumb company n challenged u to PM them are actually one of the fat management people who's dangling the carrot to employ slave to serve their fat arse..kakakaka
That mean this company will not give any bonus on end of the year?
fiqir
post Oct 3 2012, 02:59 PM

BE YOURSELF
3,810 posts

anyone working here ?.
hushymushy
post Oct 3 2012, 05:15 PM

Regular
1,688 posts

its been such a long time this topic ended...hehehehe

looking at the situation.....the company is in a bad shape....

last i heard.....most of the good leaders chiow oredi.....

u all decide....plus apparently they r changing their biz model...not sure though

sphynx
post Nov 7 2012, 05:51 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(SerbaSerbi @ Oct 3 2012, 05:22 PM)
Okay here is my sharing. 20 years ago - yes - not trolling - I was an IT employee of Dataprep / Solsis. I can't believe that they are still around. Maybe that speaks for itself.

Also it was an ok experience (of course that time would be different from today) - as a yuppy - stepping to getting experience to go up the ladder of salary.

Anyway, 20 years ago - and they are still around today with the same name - thanks for the memories TS

(dont know, maybe my experience with this company made me the millionaire I am today)

Go for it as see in 15, 20 years from now and open a thread at LYN v9 and tell us.
worgrhh .. any update on the current situation? any project manager here?
zerokim
post Sep 11 2013, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
62 posts

is anyone can update the status of this company?
alialala
post Oct 13 2013, 03:35 PM

8 posts

hushymushy was right. this company is in a bad shape now. and i worked for 4 years n 6 month. i also cabut my last day was 3-4 days ago and i'm still at my desk now for what ?!!!! haihh... hahahahaha.

since they have so many new staff and management, their new problem is my old problem. repeat the same thing over and over again. the people is haiyaaa. so hard to handle. but the company is a wonderful place to learn something new and experience.

as my dad oso told me once in 2011, u work at a losing company. find other job la... so here it is...

i'm looking for another job. lalalala.

goodbye dataprep !
mimi mimot
post Dec 16 2014, 10:48 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(alialala @ Dec 9 2010, 12:30 PM)

now are you still workinv there?

daddy83
post Feb 27 2015, 10:03 AM

1 posts

solsis is not a bad company la..i've worked previously with worse international company.. when i joined solsis as a helpdesk analyst, some of my colleague say this company is so bad.. but when i experienced it myself, it's not like what they told me..it depend on ur attitude.if u kind of person with attitude issue,any where u go also u will face the same problem..there still got stress and pressure but to me it's normal..in terms of benefits is so so la..not really attractive but still ok.. solsis really good place for me to gain knowledge and experience..i've attended a lot of courses during my service with solsis.. next week i will start my new position with international bank in IT department.. i'm not an IT background.i graduated in mechanical engineering but 3 years in solsis and now i'm moving to IT department as an IT officer.. my advise for those who curious about this company and the environment,why not just experience it yourself..don't just listen from others.. smile.gif
omron
post Apr 17 2018, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

hi anyone knows is dataprep is become bigger and best place to work or not for 2018? ut kind advise is very much thanks.
razwaree
post Apr 18 2018, 03:32 AM

1 posts

You got an offer from the company? What post? Actually I will have the interview this Thursday
ahboon76
post Apr 19 2018, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
185 posts

Any data centre operator job offer in company?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0298sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th October 2021 - 01:32 AM