6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V09, looking for new TS

views

danthe0
post Sep 23 2017, 01:45 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Ch3n_low @ Sep 23 2017, 12:20 PM)
My Honda city hybrid has one "Tak" sound when engine change from electric-> petrol -> electric ... anyone has this issues?
Try put your phone near the tak sound and record it. Mic facing the Tak sound, not camera facing Tak sound. Use video record because microphone app will filter the sound and rubbish quality.
It may be normal gearshift or engine start/stop vibrate or something else entirely.
Is it louder than fan speed 2 aircond ? Roughly what fan speed loudness the short "Tak"?
Is it louder than Left/Right Signal indicator Tik Tik Tik Tik Tik ?
Is it always got sound when EV>Pet>EV ?
Does your car slow down abit when got the sound ?

You should only hear *electric whiny noise* WRRRRRRHHH -> *engine noise*PRRRRRTTTT, when EV>Pet under moderate accel. Signal indicators are about the same or slightly louder than these two sounds.

QUOTE(Ch3n_low @ Sep 23 2017, 10:26 AM)
Anyone know the volume button what does it for?
Volume knob (woops. button, misread ignore this paragraph) is to adjust the headlight Low Beam DOWNWARDS. 0-Highest Aim, 1-Aim lower, 2-lower, 3-lowest.
Manual says it's to be used when you have heavy load at the back, which will angle the Front of the car upwards. (Back heavy, front aim up -> blind people)
I think they mentioned 150kg behind put to '1' or something like that. But ehhh malaysia..., just F it. Everybody blinds everybody, end up motorcyclists suffer the most... cry.gif

Button is like he said.
QUOTE(Alexdino @ Sep 23 2017, 11:01 AM)
hybrid, pedestrian warning, but never experience how it works
Pedestrian warning ->
To clarify abit more, EV cars at low speed, got no sound. People cannot hear cause no engine noise to alert them, EV only tyre crunching gravel sound.
One scenario is if got 3 cars in a line, [Petrol] [ EV ] [Petrol], blind people (and also people glued to smartphone) won't be able to hear the EV cause no sound and other 2 car engine sound overpower EV sound.
So... regulations says need make noise to alert pedestrian.

From interior can't hear difference. sad.gif
No need touch this button at all really.

This post has been edited by danthe0: Sep 23 2017, 07:32 PM
danthe0
post Oct 6 2017, 09:11 PM

0 posts

So, using hybrid (no spare tyre), I just got a small 1 cm side wall damage, air is leaking out, now flat.
Air compressor unable to refill air. Pump air in, goes straight out FSSSSSHHT.
Anyone can recommend any product to patch it so that I can drive to tyre shop to change ?
danthe0
post Oct 6 2017, 10:35 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 6 2017, 09:20 PM)
Can you call HIP to repair/tow?
I was thinking of jacking it and remove whole tyre then put in other car boot and go tyre shop to replace...
danthe0
post Oct 8 2017, 12:42 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(jimmychangas @ Oct 8 2017, 12:07 AM)
I’ve been seeing lots of City FL V spec owners driving at night with their fog lamps turned on for no apparent reason; weather was clear and visibility was excellent.

I don’t know about other motorists but because I have astigmatism, I was blinded as a result. I can tolerate halogen fog lamps but LED is too bright.

Keep them fog lamps turned off during clear skies and good visibility aite?
Same here, suffering from astigmatism. At night, I won't be able see an oncoming motorbike in a 2 lane traffic jam if they cut through middle lane.
All the oncoming cars are like photoshop lens flare x20. I avoid driving at night when possible as a result...
danthe0
post Oct 10 2017, 09:32 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(outsider @ Oct 10 2017, 11:34 AM)
Any hybrid owner?
Mind to share your km/l?
I Try to reach the rumour say 25km/l
But I only manage to reach 19.6km/l
I not sure whether it is Normal or not.i see rarely use hybrid or ev mode. Usually use engine power
Go press the right side info panel until see Avg Speed and Time, let us know. kthx.
Make sure press the Odo to change it so that it's not KM A or KM B. Or choose the KM A/B which you use the longest ya.
Dude right above me got ~27km/l, from one full tank (not trip A <> trip B) just last week. So, 25km/l can be done.

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 10 2017, 09:45 PM
danthe0
post Oct 12 2017, 09:31 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(fin8Ex @ Oct 11 2017, 11:30 PM)
since the hybrid city relies on its own aircond to cool its battery, so is it not recommended to park the car in open space since that will increase the temperature inside the cabin even before you start your car.

wonder does it affect the battery temperature?
Wind down windows for 3 minutes. Done.

And yes, not recommended to park your car in open space/unshaded if you want hybrid battery longevity.
I just measured yesterday using a tablet as thermometer by stuffing it in contact with hybrid battery,
it peaked at 42.2°C at 3.42PM. I parked half shaded and with cheapo 3M horizon+ RM1,700 shit.

To clarify, I'm reading °C of the Tablet's battery which is in contact with the hybrid battery.
Basically, ambient boot temperature was 42.2°C on a hot-ish day.

Oh, that lasted for about 1h30 minutes then back down to ~38°C average afternoon<>evening sun.

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 12 2017, 09:37 PM
danthe0
post Oct 14 2017, 02:20 AM

0 posts

So, I've been trying to see if I can record the juddering/jerking issue for the hybrid when engine is forced on to charge the hybrid batteries.
I tried using dashcam first but nope, it's untraceable. I was expecting it to pivot it's nose downward abit due to the power loss/judder, but nope, car looks rock solid.

After finally spending on a OBDII BT adaptor, below is what I found. (Skip to Spoiler)

Data is captured with Torque. Dataset captured is: Hybrid Battery charge (%), Engine rpm, Speed(km/h).
Hybrid battery charge is captured to keep track of the 'when battery is 25%, turn engine on' condition.
Engine rpm, to align when it turns on and causes the judder/jerk/power loss.
Speed (km/h), to check deceleration during judder/jerk/power loss.

OBDII PID scan rate is at ~20/sec. Torque's "Faster communication" is NOT used for fear of messing with internal the CAN.
The error I know of that is present in the data is that km/h is derived from the GPS (it drifts +/- 6 meters) but the judder exists and seems consistent.

RIP mobile users who try to open this spoiler...
Resolution is super high for your viewing & zooming pleasure smile.gif
Right click > Open image in new tab > Zoom
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Deceleration can cut up to 25% of current speed when it judders at low speed. Imagine randomly stomping the brakes while driving at low speed. puke.gif

I'll capture more dataset with actual speed information based on the car's reported speed on the OBD next time. Stay tuned next week or so.

CONCLUSION, i-DCD IS TIHS. (at low speeds, when outta batteries)

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 14 2017, 02:29 AM
danthe0
post Oct 14 2017, 02:06 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Alexdino @ Oct 14 2017, 11:22 AM)
recently found 1 strange event, going thru bump on up hill slope with very low speed thru break some time loss power from both battery n engine, feel like the car stall for 2 sec before you start to hit peddle.
Bump + uphill = press pedal harder => car will engage engine+hybrid assist if it was on EV mode (low speed brake, so probably in EV mode)
Dual clutch engaging gear during pedal harder moment => power loss/no forward movement while engaging gear.
That 2 seconds feels forever but it's actually shorter because user says forward, car does not move, fight or flight triggered due wrong expectation, time dilation happens (everything feels longer) ( laugh.gif ) j/k

typical dry dual clutch behaviour... changing gears when we least want it to icon_idea.gif

No wait, it's not typical, it's only on honda's i-DCD due to their 7spd being 4gear electric : 3gear engine.
1,3,5,7 electric, 2,4,6 engine.
Low speed EV suddenly pedal harder = 2km/h-> engage Gear 2 transmission = no powahhhh
or... at least I think that's what's happening... it's delayed response + gear 2 powaaa

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 14 2017, 02:12 PM
danthe0
post Oct 14 2017, 10:31 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(ahsam1212 @ Oct 14 2017, 08:16 PM)
Good info. Is door visor installed? Windows wind down a little may help a little.
Ya been recording since last week, everyday drizzle or rain or not park in same condition. yawn.gif
danthe0
post Oct 15 2017, 02:29 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(^wind^ @ Oct 15 2017, 01:27 PM)
My rear passengers feedback to me that they r feeling the heat coming from the rear seat.

Anyone got similar feedback from your rear passenger?

Mine is City Hybrid.
This is how the battery cooling is done from their official "research" paper...

Not sure how they expel the air from the spare tyre well but I think it should exhaust out of the boot downwards and outwards of the car and not recirculate ? Not sure where they connect the outlet duct to... it just says "into the spare tyre well"...

So next question is, buntut warm or back warm or neck warm...

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 15 2017, 02:33 PM
danthe0
post Oct 15 2017, 11:28 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(outsider @ Oct 15 2017, 05:22 PM)
mine hybrid also

so far i didnt have any rear passenger

but i dunno why mine rarely use EV or fully battery to move.

the battery always in 2 or 3 level.. once drop to 2, the engine will charge it. when 3 also wont use ev mode... can say almost 80% use engine to move

not sure whether it normal or what
If you on Econ and in jam, it'll charge up to 3 bars or >30% hybrid battery charge(%) then it'll stop charging if you press the brakes.

If the driver accelerates fast fast then stop near near want to kiss ppl's bumper, then engine will be often turned on because of hard acceleration.

If you accelerate smoothly to the car in front, then it'll be in EV mode.
For reference, I jam ~70% of my trip (AVG Speed 25km/h divide highway limit 80km/h) but 50% in EV mode...
Even with 50% EV mode, still getting 1 trip 17km/l if terrible jam, else ~20 km/l normal jam.
danthe0
post Oct 17 2017, 08:56 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Assclown @ Oct 17 2017, 12:09 AM)
For FL, I noticed there's blue and green color around the middle odometer.

What does the colors indicate?
Blue = non-eco or efficient driving / acceleration too fast / pedal press too hard / car vroom too fast.
Green = Driving style is not aggressive.

Please don't focus on this meter when accelerating at highways esp after toll/corner/slowdown.
When you need to accelerate, you accelerate; do not blindly follow the indicator.
danthe0
post Oct 17 2017, 10:50 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(danthe0 @ Oct 12 2017, 09:31 PM)
Wind down windows for 3 minutes. Done.

And yes, not recommended to park your car in open space/unshaded if you want hybrid battery longevity.
I just measured yesterday using a tablet as thermometer by stuffing it in contact with hybrid battery,
it peaked at 42.2°C at 3.42PM. I parked half shaded and with cheapo 3M horizon+ RM1,700 shit.

To clarify, I'm reading °C of the Tablet's battery which is in contact with the hybrid battery.
Basically, ambient boot temperature was 42.2°C on a hot-ish day.

Oh, that lasted for about 1h30 minutes then back down to ~38°C average afternoon<>evening sun.
QUOTE(ahsam1212 @ Oct 14 2017, 08:16 PM)
Good info. Is door visor installed? Windows wind down a little may help a little.
So today was a hot day. Some whatsapp members posted 40°C @ ~1PM on their driver panel info screen.

I parked half shaded and with cheapo 3M horizon+ RM1,700 shit.
With 2x rear windows 1 inch /2 cm down.

Tablet placement:

Tablet results:

44.4°C at boot. GL hybrid batteries. Hope it can live a long life. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 17 2017, 10:52 PM
danthe0
post Oct 21 2017, 05:06 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(fin8Ex @ Oct 21 2017, 07:17 AM)
these few days very hot weather, how is everyone hybrid doing?
Any issue with yours ?
I last recorded boot temperature 43°C with 2x rear windows opened abit. Avg 39°C daily.
Car runs. Though, abit worried about longevity.
So I started reading warranty booklet.
Section 4.9.3 states:
[Warranty is excluded for] Deterioration battery due to normal use and exposure unless due to defect on workmanship or material.
I sadding. I very very sadding.
Then I started rationalising and fooling myself that:
It's a weak 0.8kWh battery, even if completely dead the car should still function like ICE + a little hybrid assist during acceleration. Still will have FC improvements over ICE if not speeding.
Then I remember I will have to tough it out and deal with impending transmission failure from jerking badly due to lowered EV range -> engine ON more often. bruce.gif See an example of jerking HERE.
All is well... cry.gif Everything is fine... cry.gif There's nothing to worry about... cry.gif
Everything. Is. FINE. cry.gif
We just got baited; hook, line and sinker by Honda. cry.gif

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 21 2017, 07:34 PM
danthe0
post Oct 28 2017, 01:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(?ndc?s?ve @ Oct 28 2017, 10:02 AM)
Any concerns for getting a hybrid car? This is my 1st hybrid purchase.
This i-DCD is essentially a 3 speed auto car during when it is on engine.
This happens during morning cold start / the first 1m30s before engine reaches 55°C and then it can enter pure EV mode.
Engine Only, also happens when the car runs out of batteries / charge.
Which brings me to my next point,

Con:
If you do not get stuck in jam often, ignore this paragraph.
If stuck in bumper to bumper jam* often, and blast aircon pretty often, the dual clutch gearbox prioritises charging over ride quality so you may feel abit sluggish or underpowered unless you press harder.
But if you press harder and it decides to shift into gear, be prepared to brake from the extra forward momentum when the gear engages.
When you are forced to only have ~20 cm space from the next car and run out of batteries, this car can be hell.
If you do not encounter this specific condition in your daily route... see the next paragraph.
* bumper to bumper jam referring to move 2km/h then stop, move 2km/h then stop, move 2km/h then stop. Not 10km/h slow but moving traffic. Slow but moving traffic is OK. No problem.

Aside from that,
Con:
There is also the case of residential area and corners.
If you press the pedal abit hard, like after a bump then accelerate, the engine will turn on which is fine.
But when the engine is turned on and you are reaching a corner at 30 km/h, when you fully release the accelerator pedal and want to brake, you will occasionally feel a loss of power (jerk) while the engine is still running.
This feels bad for the one driving but passengers will "Oh the car shake, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯".

Pro Pro Pro !:
Thankfully, EV driving in traffic jam and city driving is super super nice and comfy. If you relax/chill driver / don't care about rushing to places, holy shit this car is good.
Hybrid assist and transition between EV <> Engine <> Both is barely noticeable.
Braking and regen from servo <> actual brake pads is barely noticeable.
City driving NVH is typically quiet. EV quietness is good.
Fuel consumption is good.
Highway driving free flow traffic, 28~30 km/l (3.5~3.3l/100km).
Highway driving with minor jam i.e. 35minute trip -> 45~50minute, 24~26 km/l (4.16~3.8l/100km)
Highway driving with shit jam i.e. 35minute trip -> 1h30m, ~18km/l (5.5l/100km)
City driving, others reported from 15~20km/l (6.6~5l/100km)

Maybe Con:
Hybrid battery warranty does not cover wear and tear and exposure to hot weather. Probably only covers sudden failure. Put RM5k in bank deposit in advance if it fails.
Pure EV driving at low speed is very hard to do... but it does manage to do the claimed 2 km on full battery. (i.e. 1km to grocery shop/petrol station/shopping complex then 1km back to house)

Hope these gave you some Insight for Honda's current generation i-DCD Hybrid system.

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 28 2017, 01:21 PM
danthe0
post Oct 29 2017, 11:39 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(lyrilmaki @ Oct 29 2017, 05:13 PM)
did you purchase additional spare tyre for tyre incident?
No, I unlucky kena 4 tyre incident in 2 months.
2/4 times car disabled (one sidewall damage from sharp longkang concrete 90° jutting out, poke tyre then puncture @ tight alley, another is nail pierce 1cm and cannot inflate with compressor),
other 2/4 times can inflate and drive to tyre shop to fix.
Did not use sealant for all cases. Either too minor didn't need to or too major can't use.

This post has been edited by danthe0: Oct 30 2017, 12:08 AM
danthe0
post Oct 30 2017, 08:54 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Oct 30 2017, 06:37 PM)
Ghost because it's a hybrid so should be quiet when rolling in EV mode.
It's quieter than a Prius C if compared EV+aircon to EV+aircon. Theirs is seriously loud, like ICE car loud.
When it's rolling in EV, you'll hear the gravel... cause malaysian roads... oh also the tyre crunching when turning when near stationary. Not fun anymore.
Oh and to maintain in EV mode from standstill to 60km/h, you must be reaaaaaaal patient.

In a few weeks, the car will be driving you, rather than the other way around because dat 30km/l instrument cluster brah.

danthe0
post Nov 1 2017, 07:57 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Nov 1 2017, 02:47 PM)
Speaking of cabin filters, any of u guys have experienced foul smell coming from the exterior if u're behind a smokey vehicle?
Yup having exhaust/dust smell when I use Blower only (in recirculate not outside air). A/C turn on then no smell.
I mainly use blower only...
Haven't even reach 2nd loan payment already kena this... somemore keep 1 car to 0.5 car distance from heavy vehicles...

This post has been edited by danthe0: Nov 1 2017, 07:57 PM
danthe0
post Nov 2 2017, 09:24 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(samhoo8929 @ Nov 2 2017, 10:07 AM)
i not really get what do you mean. You means that i turn on the wifi hotspot to let my HU to connect? but how to do so?
Casting phone to screen -> Wifi.
Google Maps / Waze -> Mobile Data.
danthe0
post Nov 4 2017, 12:53 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Nov 3 2017, 11:07 PM)
The fabric seats in the City are better than the ones in my previous myvi. Leather seats will always be warm and sticky in our climate and humidity.
I feel the 2008 myvi fabric seats are comfier than these though... This one easily absorb body heat... must be rubbish CKD junk they used. And the head rest... omg... might as well put a wooden plank for whiplash protection... This one is hard as hell.

6 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1320sec    0.57    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:18 PM