post Sep 12 2017, 10:56 PM

Ayam tatau, ayam virgin (c)
3,158 posts

Ex-driver checking in....can I? Welcomed here? confused.gif
SUS2feidei
post Sep 28 2017, 07:02 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Sep 28 2017, 04:44 PM)
sad.gif

I thought it is a ride-sharing business, no?
Hahahah laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ride-sharing business just a nice term to entice you to join.....unofficially, you are just (previously) unlicensed taxi sapu biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jasontantenghuat @ Sep 28 2017, 05:58 PM)
One of the reason Uber started was because taxi drivers were rejecting customers due to the destinations.

I haven't driven in a year but when I was driving, I wasn't too fussy about destinations. Got Genting and KLIA a few times though but that time, there's a high chance you would get a returning trip.
Yeap, I agree...when I started, I also accept all the trips come in, and I would say the apps and riders was way much better, they won't simply assign you riders who is far away, max also 2-3km away, and no all those stupid promo that encourage tempang riders, resulted you drive longer to pick the riders than total ride destination (my records was drive 4km to pick up a ride for 200m, reason it's raining, and the tempang rider don't want get wet), and only accepted card payment. In other way, the rider is more well behave, Uber had all their records, unlike now, I can just buy multiple prepaid card, create multiple email and create multiple Uber rider account, u banned me, u give me low rating, never mind, I still can use another account. Plus, the fare was much better that time......

That was good old time....and good things doesn't last long....now to compete with Grab, and to get more riders, to explain to gomen, to get more income, they market it as taxi replacement for riders......instead of "ride-sharing" but still use "ride-sharing to attract new drivers......

And, the one that stop me from driving altogether, they introduce fixed fare, and also they remove the waiting time from the fare.....

So, I stopped altogether.....it just ain't worth it......and after deducting all expenses, barely breakeven....only advantage, is just flexible
SUS2feidei
post Sep 29 2017, 12:20 AM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(xcamsight @ Sep 29 2017, 12:04 AM)
Agreed. Uber most stupid move is Upfront Fare. Thanks to this, many drivers now can rest during peak hours.
Coz they want to compete with Grab, no differentiation between Uber and Grab, which they totally forgotten or ignore about drivers, if drivers willing to accept upfront fare, I rather as well choose Grab, at least I know the rider destination, at least I can do a mental calculation if it worth it or not....

They thought they invicible, they got plenty of new drivers sign up daily, then, they play around with surge pricing during peak hours (not sure still got or not, last time, can see all map red colour mean surge)

For riders, what I would usually do, I open both apps, I just choose the lowest fare. I got no any preference. But, if both fare similar, then, I choose Grab, coz Grab got rewards point biggrin.gif

Another thing I dislike about Uber, last time rider apps, they got show you the surge, ask you to keyed in the surge rate to confirm acceptance of the ride, now, they quietly tell u upfront fare, which can be surge pricing without the rider know....if you not familiar with the usual fare, or dunno how it work, u bulat bulat kena tipu by Uber......very unethical business model

SUS2feidei
post Oct 1 2017, 06:37 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(ikanair @ Sep 29 2017, 12:22 AM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  taxi sapu know the price and destination before agree to take
Is e-hailing public transport?

Lots of view points on should driver know the price/destination before pickup, and should driver be force to pickup non-agreeable job?

my own personal view, if e-hailing is public transport, then yes, driver need to pickup all, but if e-hailing is not public transport then driver should have the say
I would put e-hailing as not public transport
Why not let the free market decide on the correct fare+destination?
(if drivers are not picking some fare+destination, just means there is a price mismatch)

Then again, e-hailing in under SPAD ( Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat ) - public transport  blush.gif
if e-hailing need to behave like public transport, there should be no option to accept pickup (all pickup is mandatory), no cancellation is allowed unless vehicle got problem.
Rider rating will be discontinued, as all pickup is mandatory
.... and e-hailing drivers get some subsidies for doing public transport
note: those Taxi association really got no head, if they do, they just need demand fair competition (e-hailing must do mandatory pickup) and you would see e-haling drivers quitting by the lorry loads
Let me give u a little bit of history of both Uber and Grab.....

The question you should ask is whether Uber or Grab is a ride-sharing concept or another new public transport option in town?

Uber was created with objective as ride sharing concept. If you had read the story of how Uber got conceptualized, it was because the fella got frustrated at dunno if not mistaken San Francisco, during peak hours, he unable to get a cab, while at same time, noticed a lot of car with just driver. So, why don't create an tools to match this empty car driver with someone who need a ride, in return for some money to share the gasoline cost?

Then, come in Grab to take a share of the pie, copying the same concept, maybe due to their frustration, they created MyTeksi, to match riders and taxi drivers, but, then, knowing very well Malaysian taxi drivers, super choosy, I even experienced before, request ride thru MyTeksi, saw at least 10-20 taxi around, but, none want to accept. So, if Uber got this concept, why don't copy them, instead of rely on taxi, we ask private vehicle owner. So, here come the birth of new public transport, anyone with a car can offer a ride to anyone.

But, somehow, this idea was too alien, too far advance to majority of people, to the government, therefore, somehow along the way, it being repackaged as e-hailing public transport. And, by way of their marketing, u can see they keep saying you can earn RM10k per month working part-time, etc (which we all now already known, it bullshit, not realistic and after deducting all the cost, it far from it)....indirectly, telling u it can be a full time income generating tools too.

Therefore, conclusion, both Uber and Grab is just another form of public transport. If you ask me, like it or not, the drivers must accept destination within the service area for all accepted ride request. And, at same time, they must be also fairly compensated, at least like taxi fare or given incentives like taxi. All the rating remain, as u know how good our SPAD work, else, you won't still see so many bad taxi drivers still around conning others. And, riders must also register too, so bad riders can be banned too. This also explain why last time, when Uber only accept credit card, riders all are well behaved, coz they know Uber had their detail. Now, I can create just a fake rider account with prepaid number, request a ride, and act pain in ass for the driver, and even if I got suspended, I can create a new one with new prepaid number. Or, I can even rob the driver this way, if I want.

E-hailing is just another term, nothing to do with what public transport or private transport. It like you go bank withdraw money, either u can go counter or go ATM. Both objective still same.....question is is Uber and Grab is ride sharing or new public transport?
SUS2feidei
post Oct 1 2017, 10:41 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Oct 1 2017, 10:37 PM)
ride share = driver can choose customer/destination

public transport = driver cannot choose customer/destination
I also confuse.... laugh.gif

In their recruitment for riders, keep saying easily earn 10k with part time and flexible work hours which sound like ride share

but, then, dammed lots of regulations, cannot reject customers or destination, riders is everything, etc, plus now with new government regulations, dunno what new license, puspakom inspection, etc.....sound like public transport

Anyway, used to be a good avenue for additional income, not much, just to tide over difficult times, now no more.....too much hassle
SUS2feidei
post Oct 2 2017, 10:47 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(cylon @ Oct 2 2017, 09:33 AM)
I thought TBS is like Airport....e-hailing drivers "berkampung" over there. Should be easy to get drivers isn't it?
Are you sure? My info may be bit out, stopped driving for 1 year already....last time, TBS confirm cannot get Uber, many rider complain why TBS unable to get Uber, as if like Grab terrority, no coverage. Always got to request somewhere nearby, call the driver to change location to TBS.

Anyway, that's was last time lah, when the fare still based on distance and time, so, nevermind lah, I don't kira, coz usually they will call immediately once they know I accepted the trip, so, give and take lah....no waste petrol drive to unknown location.

And, unlike airport, flat rate rm75, at TBS, chances u will get like to Cheras lah, Sri Petaling lah, or maybe Serdang only...fare definitely not as high as airport fare.

QUOTE(seriouszah @ Oct 2 2017, 11:04 AM)
Its not cheap man, it will cost me MYR28 while grab was MYR29. So what? At least pick up the call or reply. Waste my time some more. Dont be ridiculous for 5 ringgit la. Who cheap now?
See, that's the problem lor.....partially, due to Uber driver don't know where your destination, if he request your trip, if he is coming from far away, suddenly short trip, he bangwall.gif rugi like hell. Blame it on Uber who don't give rider destination, low fare, and at all cost must match driver to rider no matters how far, blame it on many tempang riders who give Uber a bad name. So, every time the driver accept a request, it a gamble, and due to more and more tempang riders, drivers also getting more fedup.

Many of them doing for full time, not for charity. So, can't blame them to protect their interest.

Another problem, you oledi know, Uber cost 28, Grab 29. Why choose Uber instead of Grab? whistling.gif Mau save RM1 ah? FYI, Uber driver don't know your destination, every ride accepted is a gamble, as compare to Grab, they know the destination, they can make informed decision whether to accept or not the request. That's the advantage of it, especially now Uber and Grab is fixed fare, can't think of any motivation for anyone to drive for Uber, errr....maybe higher demand as compare to Grab? I don't know.....even myself, as rider, I also choose whichever cheaper, unless it not really big difference (RM1-2), then, I will choose Grab, coz I know chances of getting ride is higher.

QUOTE(yhtan @ Oct 2 2017, 12:15 PM)
this is attractive for driver, normally 3 trips within 3 hrs is achievable
5 trips in 3 hours, in peak hours? Bit tough ler......anyway, gud luck to you guys

QUOTE(coolstore @ Oct 2 2017, 12:37 PM)
guess if they really wanna to stay, they would change soon to adapt

particularly if 3rd heavyweight contender coming in
Who are the 3rd heavyweight? Uber won't change one lah, too proud to change.....unless my info is wrong, you see everyday so many people go register as new drivers.....unless they having exodus of drivers like taxi drivers, then, possible lah.....now, they just busy fighting market share with Grab. Drivers issues, secondary. laugh.gif

SUS2feidei
post Oct 2 2017, 10:57 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Oct 2 2017, 10:54 PM)
U can just leave it alone to the driver to cancel. That if u have the luxury of time. Tats y early morning I prefer book Grab, less hanky panky. Don't want my early morning mood spoiled by some joker uber drivers.
Later the driver swipe arrived, wait 5 min, swipe cancelled, rider no show, easy peasy pocket RM5 less comission.

Seriously, Uber nowadays went retard, self destruct.....go compete with Grab with similar concept, but, benefits lesser than Grab shakehead.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 2 2017, 11:59 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Oct 2 2017, 11:43 PM)
ublur system will auto detect the driver already arrived at the pick up location.

5 mins waiting time then started counting down automatically
I thought last time allow to swipe arrived, now disallowed jor?

I used to swipe arrived even though I have not arrived, especially those at shopping mall, condo or heavy traffic area, like Changkat Bukit Bintang, coz very high chances are these divas riders must see you arrived only decide queue up for payment after trying x pairs of shirts, or finding shoe to match their dress or finishing their last drinks and asking for bill, while saying farewell to everyone at the bar without considering how bad is the traffic, unable to even stop for 10 sec without blocking the road
SUS2feidei
post Oct 3 2017, 12:17 AM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Oct 3 2017, 12:12 AM)
Now uber is smart to use the tech to their advantage. 5mins count down only starts when u arrive at pick up location. So the idea is drive to pick up location. If u don't like the rider face, just lock the doors and drive off. Let the rider terpinga-pinga there.
I guess too many badass drivers like me laugh.gif swipe arrived +/- 5 min before actual arrival, then, once reach, don't see rider, sms no reply, straight click "rider no show"....then, wait little further, for request again.

Still remember the apps ask me "Are you sure you arrived pick up location?" when the gps signal detect I have not reach yet laugh.gif I insist swipe yes...even though got dunno what fine print say u will get suspended lah, etc......never happen also until I decide to self-suspend laugh.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 3 2017, 12:32 AM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Oct 3 2017, 12:25 AM)
Playing this cancellation game will not last you long. It's just to piss the riders so they may switch to Grab. It's either u drive grab or get another job.
It is not I intentionally playing cancellation game, but, to teach riders to be respectful to the drivers just like how they want to be respected. Riders time is valuable, same goes to drivers time too. Respect come in both way, it earned, not demanded. And, since Uber does not taking care of their drivers, the drivers themselves got to take care for themselves....

After all, I know it very clear I won't be driving Uber for long time, and looking at the way they evolve, it moving to self-destruct mode, I am just lucky I manage to out. No intention to go back driving, unless they reverse the self-destruction mode.

SUS2feidei
post Oct 3 2017, 04:26 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Oct 3 2017, 03:51 PM)
but i heard for this case Uber will refund the cancellation fee to the rider is it's confirm abuse by badass drivers like you and me weY....  hmm.gif
so far all cancellation fee i got it la not sure about you  rclxs0.gif

100% got....no refund laugh.gif coz the riders also guilty
SUS2feidei
post Oct 4 2017, 10:49 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Oct 4 2017, 07:19 AM)
lol. I never consider myself as old and experienced drivers.....my driving experience is as long as the time I start participating in this thread (v1)

Yes. I am demanding. low fare is one things, what I don't like most are all those "funny" stuff in the system....such as toll, boost etc. not captured in my payment statement. one of the Uber staff used to told me we need to check carefully and this is due to their system is not perfect....I somehow think it is not.

By the way, good luck to uber in recruiting new drivers. Hope there are still lots of new drivers who are blur2 joining them.
QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Oct 4 2017, 07:31 AM)
This is like MLM style. Scam newbies. At the end only the top 1% earns big. The rest like kuli.
Not sure now, but, last time, they really lcly, everyday still got plenty of new potentials everyday register at their office. Now, don't know, no one has the how many active uber driver on road, only they have. But, with the new implementation of what license lah, puspakom lah, etc, too many hurdle, many part timer will drop off.

And, my experience as riders, I never encounter any driver driving more than 6 months one, so, if I allow to draw conclusion from this, mean there are still plenty of new drivers register daily.

BTW, uber is not mlm, even the top 1% don't earn big. It all hardwork and hardwork.

When I started, daily about 4-5 trip, can earn about RM100+ from there, trip request infrequent. Average 2-3 hours one trip. My strategy, wait at home for request, done job. Go back home, if along the way, got request, accept, but 70% empty. Nevermind, reach home, wait again, repeat.

Then, they decide to slash fare, getting more popular, trip request non stop, but, still same fare. Ok lah.

Then, introduce cash, and getting more popular, which start of many ugly, demanding, diva riders......still manageble, maybe 20% of daily riders, bad luck, maybe 50%, but once a while, compensate with some nice riders. And, some riders, sorry to stereotype, if the police saw them, sure will stop them. Driving also reduced, demotivated long hours, petrol price fluctuate, increase, demanding rider.

Final nail to the coffin, conned me with say waiting time is counted in fare, super far request with super near ride destination, aka tempang riders, introduce fixed fare, bye bye Uber, self imposed ban
SUS2feidei
post Oct 7 2017, 02:09 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(wunan90 @ Oct 7 2017, 09:09 AM)
hi,,newbie here

how to know if passanger got use coupon and how much discount the coupon gie yea?
U don't know...u only know when you swipe complete trip, how much you need to collect (if pay via cash) will show in apps
SUS2feidei
post Oct 8 2017, 09:48 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(tanyuethan @ Oct 7 2017, 04:58 PM)
Uber driver's dilemma. Normal trips without surge is charity drive. Surge trips, kena one star. Do u die, dont do u oso die.
Don't understand why u guys so concern about rating rclxub.gif Just drive as usual lah, don't do anything silly, don't drive dangerously or break any traffic law.....nothing to worry about.

QUOTE(bcombat @ Oct 8 2017, 09:29 AM)
It is possible that upfront fare are not honored again ....one rider complaint to me yesterday that his fare in rider app is lower. Cash trip.
One sided story, maybe rider detour.

QUOTE(wunan90 @ Oct 8 2017, 08:52 PM)
tenkiu biggrin.gif

juz started my uber driving today as part time today

abit confused..the stupid uber map a few times show me to use wrong lane...very bad..i could accident if i am not famiiliar with the road
Never trust Uber map, I only trust Waze. In fact, kena multiple times from rider, Uber apps show it 2 min away, but, waze say 20 min. Called rider, kena scold. I explain nicely lor, I courtersy call you, not to be scolded by you, if you can wait, u wait. Cannot wait, just cancel. Don't want waste everyone time. Some after listen, reasonable, apologize, some say I conned them, claim they in hurry....I cut off the conversation lor, see if they cancel or not. No cancel, wait 5 min, then, cancel, then, send sms to them tenkiu for their cancellation fee. laugh.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 9 2017, 02:50 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Oct 9 2017, 02:15 AM)
Account ~> setting ~ > navigation
tenkiu for assist reply on behalf notworthy.gif

Additional info, whenever destination is klia, either stop the linking to waze (if you know the route) or keyed in manually in waze.

If rely on Uber apps link to Waze, they will direct you to dunno what journey, super long or not usual route. High chances u will pissed off riders biggrin.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 9 2017, 04:37 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(bcombat @ Oct 9 2017, 03:44 PM)
Your definition of fixed upfront fare means the fare is fixed as per rider app as long as driver did not made big detour on the highway etc which ended up much longer route?

I am not sure whether we have same definition on the term fixed fare.
Lol.....I stop when they start implement fixed upfront fare. But, my time, all the KLIA trip all fixed at rm75. So, no matters how u detour also fixed at rm75

what i kena is the stupid apps, detour me to nilai then, to old LCCT bangwall.gif Then, I sense something not right, quickly re-keyed manually klia 2 in my waze....of course the riders quite pissed off lah laugh.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 10 2017, 08:14 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(wunan90 @ Oct 10 2017, 06:22 PM)
Not ajaran sesat lor..we have to count everything..if not worth it better not do.

I'm still new & learning..coz got other day i shocked d..drove 2 hrs got only rm 24..havent minus the petrol cost yet..so im in dilemma lol..whether this part time job is gud enuf?
If u drive with expectation of making lots of money, you will be disappointed. Driving uber is like box of chocolate, u never gonna to know when u get it, nor what inside. It is a gamble.

If u motivate to drive just because someone told u it is easy money with easy work, u had been conned.

If u just get a new car that you cannot afford previously, but, thought driving Uber part time can support the car of your dream, I will pity u
SUS2feidei
post Oct 10 2017, 10:35 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Oct 10 2017, 09:04 PM)
Most of us switch to the dark side. Read from page 1 to know the story.
QUOTE(flyingteeku @ Oct 10 2017, 09:17 PM)
I first started with uber as well...and that was quite some time ago...drive blindly on the road...u earn some u lose some...if the surge is super high, then u earn..I once drive 7km for rm25..quite a good money if u ask me..and also there was once  foreigner gave me rm50 as tips...but of course there was also  time that someone request uber just to cross the opposite road because of rain...pathetic fare if u ask me..never gonna mention that pathetic amount...so, don't expect too much when u drive uber...just drive and learn the road well and drive with an open mind, U will meet some nice people out there...all the best...
The sifu had spoken notworthy.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 11 2017, 08:51 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(emilshahrin @ Oct 11 2017, 03:11 PM)
Hey,

You guys should check this company called BLINK.

They are like "uber for women". It an app that connects women riders with women drivers.

Check them out : Facebook: www.facebook.com/rideblink
how to know real women?

Why women only? Discrimination?

Later will it be Muslim riders with Muslim drivers?

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
SUS2feidei
post Oct 17 2017, 07:56 PM

3,158 posts

QUOTE(Aizat2402 @ Oct 17 2017, 07:27 PM)
Whats the average per week then? If 10-5 driving a day, 5 days a week.
300-400 maybe......not sure now, mine was 1 year ago....no such thing as quest whatsover nonsense....and this is nett, after 20% uber fees, but before deducting petrol, maintenance cost, etc...maybe once a while can reach 500-600, if lucky got surge and distance is far....usually, surge, distance short. Airport trip, usually empty car back, not worth it, unless surge biggrin.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.17    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:12 PM