17 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anyone bought from myprotein uk before?

views

TSStudio15
post Jul 20 2017, 10:13 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
159 posts

So I purchased a big 10lbs bag of protein and creatine awhile back from myprotein UK site and shipped to Penang, Malaysia. My protein supply is running low and I would like to repurchase from them again but here's the issue : When the item was shipped, it got stuck in customs. I had to go over to the customs office and had my parcel re-checked and then take the invoice drive all the way to the government clinic to get my supplements certified while my parcel is still being held at the custom office then go back to the custom office and clear off my parcel. I'm also living and had the item shipped to my house in Penang Island while the custom office they held was in Penang Mainland even though there's a custom office in Island but I guess they just wanted to make my life difficult. So I asked them, if i were to repurchase again do I have to go through the same thing, they said yes. Btw, my total item was below RM500 so it was not subjected to gst tax.

My question is, did anyone of you who ordered have the same issue? If not, what did you do to not go through this whole thing. And I know poslaju will help be an 'agent' to clear off the parcel from customs but their fees are just too high.
bafukie
post Jul 20 2017, 11:25 AM

Regular
1,406 posts

Exactly the same scenario months ago. Wasted 1-2 hrs running here n there to clear the items. Purchase once and tats it.

I have a theory maybe u can try. Try shipping it to other states. Others do not have this issue. Enforcement in Penang seems to be stricter
Lionel90
post Jul 20 2017, 01:41 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

I purchased once last year, 10kg pack too, around Dec I think. No such issue with me.

This uncertainty is really putting me off buying from them...

Oh ya, I shipped to Penang too
TSStudio15
post Jul 20 2017, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(bafukie @ Jul 20 2017, 11:25 AM)
Exactly the same scenario months ago. Wasted 1-2 hrs running here n there to clear the items. Purchase once and tats it.

I have a theory maybe u can try. Try shipping it to other states. Others do not have this issue. Enforcement in Penang seems to be stricter
Heard from the custom office guard outside when I went that the seberang branch just loves trolling with people's packages. I highly think that's the case furthermore they are moving from the current location to somewhere further maybe SPS so if this happens again that would totally suck. Sigh, it's a shame their proteins are so much value for money and tastes decent than what i've been having so far.
TSStudio15
post Jul 20 2017, 02:25 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 20 2017, 01:41 PM)
I purchased once last year, 10kg pack too, around Dec I think. No such issue with me.

This uncertainty is really putting me off buying from them...

Oh ya, I shipped to Penang too
So they just shipped to your doorstep no problemo? Man, i dunno if i should even attempt this again.
Lionel90
post Jul 20 2017, 02:36 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 20 2017, 02:25 PM)
So they just shipped to your doorstep no problemo? Man, i dunno if i should even attempt this again.
Yes, straight to the doorstep.

That, along with the mix-ability, has put me off.
bafukie
post Jul 20 2017, 02:49 PM

Regular
1,406 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 20 2017, 02:25 PM)
Heard from the custom office guard outside when I went that the seberang branch just loves trolling with people's packages. I highly think that's the case furthermore they are moving from the current location to somewhere further maybe SPS so if this happens again that would totally suck. Sigh, it's a shame their proteins are so much value for money and tastes decent than what i've been having so far.
I should add that i bought some other stuff as well. Creatine, Peanut butter and some flavoring on top of whey protein. The item that got stuck was flavoring and creatine, but since it came in one shipment all was detained. Either way, myprotein wasnt that cheap to start with. Best bang for buck would still be ultimate nutrition 10lbs whey protein IMO.
TSStudio15
post Jul 20 2017, 04:20 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(bafukie @ Jul 20 2017, 02:49 PM)
I should add that i bought some other stuff as well. Creatine, Peanut butter and some flavoring on top of whey protein. The item that got stuck was flavoring and creatine, but since it came in one shipment all was detained. Either way, myprotein wasnt that cheap to start with. Best bang for buck would still be ultimate nutrition 10lbs whey protein IMO.
Yeah i got the creatine aswell. Tried ultimate nutrition, i find myself gagging down so bad after 2 trials to the point that I even stopped consuming it for sometime. But when I ordered myprotein the cost of me getting the 10lbs + creatine and shipping was the same price as buying a tub of 10lbs ultimate nutrition.
TSStudio15
post Jul 20 2017, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Jul 20 2017, 02:36 PM)
Yes, straight to the doorstep.

That, along with the mix-ability, has put me off.
I heard that their quality each batch varies also. Some batches had mixability issues, some even has taste issues. the one i got was fine.

Lionel90
post Jul 20 2017, 05:18 PM

I lift! Or so I think..
2,239 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:20 PM)
Yeah i got the creatine aswell. Tried ultimate nutrition, i find myself gagging down so bad after 2 trials to the point that I even stopped consuming it for sometime. But when I ordered myprotein the cost of me getting the 10lbs + creatine and shipping was the same price as buying a tub of 10lbs ultimate nutrition.
I got my one and only UN for 280 from a distributor who a few here might know in Lelong.my.

But yeah, u get what u pay for, the taste is so bad that i hope it's just bland. In your case, u get the same mediocrity despite paying more tongue.gif

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 20 2017, 04:22 PM)
I heard that their quality each batch varies also. Some batches had mixability issues, some even has taste issues. the one i got was fine.
Unlucky me then. Long term wise unlucky them.
Kaellis
post Jul 21 2017, 08:37 AM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

Bought twice

caffeine pills and 5kg bag whey

both pass didnt held at custom

I was worried about the caffeine pill, but pass just fine
diaBoliQu3
post Jul 24 2017, 01:16 PM

☆ Untitled ☆
5,630 posts

May I know why you bought from UK instead of local? Does it cheaper? I check at iherb and BB website, the shipping is expensive.
skystrike
post Jul 24 2017, 03:07 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

myprotein is already available locally at muscemaniaclub....can try check?
TSStudio15
post Jul 24 2017, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(diaBoliQu3 @ Jul 24 2017, 01:16 PM)
May I know why you bought from UK instead of local? Does it cheaper? I check at iherb and BB website, the shipping is expensive.
coz its cheaper if you use discount code or when theres sales and i dont have to deal with fake products and such.
TSStudio15
post Jul 24 2017, 03:26 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(skystrike @ Jul 24 2017, 03:07 PM)
myprotein is already available locally at muscemaniaclub....can try check?
yup seen before, lack of flavors imo. if i get from the site its around RM 350 with shipping so save around RM 40 or so if not mistaken
TSStudio15
post Jul 24 2017, 03:27 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(Kaellis @ Jul 21 2017, 08:37 AM)
Bought twice

caffeine pills and 5kg bag whey

both pass didnt held at custom

I was worried about the caffeine pill, but pass just fine
hmm maybe i should try with just protein and see whats the outcome
diaBoliQu3
post Jul 24 2017, 03:58 PM

☆ Untitled ☆
5,630 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 24 2017, 03:22 PM)
coz its cheaper if you use discount code or when theres sales and i dont have to deal with fake products and such.
Ah, I'll take a look at their website later. Usually I ordered locally; Eji, BMF. Most of self import cost me more than locally in the chart, or maybe my kungfu is not good enough. Haha... I'd been looking forward to try Myprotein since I found this Reddit lab test:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7...KWBE/edit#gid=0
TSStudio15
post Jul 24 2017, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(diaBoliQu3 @ Jul 24 2017, 03:58 PM)
Ah, I'll take a look at their website later. Usually I ordered locally; Eji, BMF. Most of self import cost me more than locally in the chart, or maybe my kungfu is not good enough. Haha... I'd been looking forward to try Myprotein since I found this Reddit lab test:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK7...KWBE/edit#gid=0
Yes me too also that was my first time importing from overseas so i had that issue and wasn't sure if i want to deal with it again but what i feel is lacking with locally sourced is the flavour selection. I'm not someone who can handle chocolate/vanilla drinks everyday. Shipping from overseas is expensive regardless even from myprotein but i take into account the entire purchase price plus shipping if it's worth for me paying the extra few bucks or if it's cheaper than local stores. Sometimes I feel it's worth paying abit more if i can get other flavours than something that's RM30 cheaper locally, but that's just me =)
Kaellis
post Jul 26 2017, 09:54 AM

WTF i'm reading....
1,231 posts

QUOTE(Studio15 @ Jul 24 2017, 03:27 PM)
hmm maybe i should try with just protein and see whats the outcome
Attached Image

Order another one, with a few tester

let see how it goes
TSStudio15
post Jul 26 2017, 10:18 AM

Getting Started