135 Pages « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Official Honda CR-V thread V1, 5th CRV is launched

views

TitaniumZ
post Jan 4 2021, 10:38 AM

Ze Balmarian
1,915 posts

Hi guys, I just received my facelifted Passion Red Pearl 1.5TC-P 2WD on 30-Dec. I've been playing with the features onboard, and I have a question:
The head unit can connect to WiFi and capable to sideload app so I wonder what kind of app is compatible or recommended? I'm using Android Auto so popular apps like Waze, Spotify, Google Map, etc. are already there.
yruns1
post Jan 23 2021, 07:57 PM

Getting Started
80 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 26 2020, 11:15 PM)
Haha.. Of course, much nicer rides that most probably won’t be daily driven should be kept well maintained, and that includes full body work up.. Not just the frontal part.. Can’t have a “Showroom Car” at home without maintaining the showroom-ness.  biggrin.gif

But that’s just my opinion towards PPF after much deliberation. I actually almost got one.. Under RM2K I think. XPel seems good stuff.
Hi, I came from a tuned FD1 that served well... TBH, I believe that both are built for people seeking different outcomes. I suggest you isolate my posts to see what I wrote about and was discussed back when I was in the exact same situation you are now.. You should gain more insights.. Nevertheless, here are some points..

*Looks..Both interior and exterior? CX-5 wins
*Power Delivery? Diesel or 2.5T? CX-5 wins.. But if 2.0? CRV wins.
*Driving feels & pleasure? Basically, which is the better driver’s car? CX-5 wins
*RV? CRV wins.
*Spaciousness and Practicality? CRV wins, hands down.
How about the Honda sensing which I understood is better than the safety on cx5?
voncrane
post Jan 25 2021, 12:54 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(yruns1 @ Jan 23 2021, 07:57 PM)
How about the Honda sensing which I understood is better than the safety on cx5?
Well, if Honda Sensing is a need. one wouldn't consider the CRV vs the CX-5.. You would just take the CRV as the clear winner...Although a few have successfully installed Mazda's MRCC feature.. As much as I loved Honda Sensing. I preferred the better driver's car and of course its looks. The CX-5 2.2D NA engine with 2 turbos is a different car to drive compared to the CRV 1.5T CVT+turbo. With the CX-5 I can choose to ride like a granny or kick-down to sprint ahead thanks to that low torque requirement. The CX-5 does have autonomous emergency braking. A feature that has undoubdtedly saved folks from rear-ending the car in front that suddenly brakes hard. This along with RCTA are excellent enough for me....for now. Next car, see how.
Roger80
post Mar 9 2021, 08:25 AM

22 posts

Seems the thread all quiet. Is it a good time to buy CR-V? Or should go for other brands?

All new CR-V is coming out in 2023 I guess.
citiranger
post Mar 19 2021, 08:18 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

QUOTE(Yangyin @ Jan 1 2021, 03:01 PM)
Hi, just want to check if your car problem has been resolved permanently ? if yes, can share more details on what has been done to resolve the problem.  I got my new CRV about 3 months ago. It happened on 31/12/20 that there were warnings on the display and the car suddenly stopped in the middle of the road. It was quite scary. I managed to get help from HIP to tow the car to a service center nearby but it is still worrying as it may cause danger to life. TQ.
Hi, please share your experience as I'm considering the CR-V too.

Or any SA from Honda can explain ?
jex-koi
post Apr 16 2021, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

QUOTE(svchia78 @ Oct 12 2020, 04:11 PM)
4th Gen (2014) owner here.

Does anyone have any idea/ have experience with non-OEM (i.e. Bosch and PIAA) wiper blades (whole set, not just the rubber refill) that will work with 4th Gen?

I noticed that the factory installed Mitsuba wiper frame's u-hook mounting point has an off-set that makes the wiper frame sit higher than the wiper arm itself.

Bosch and PIAA wiper frames' u-hook mounting point is flush with the wiper arm.

I tried PIAA's 26" Aero Vogue but the end of the rubber closer to the front passenger side does not curve down towards the windshield.  doh.gif

Some photos to explain the situation: -

Factory-installed Mitsuba: -

user posted image

PIAA Aero Vogue: -

user posted image

Incomplete curve: -

user posted image

Incomplete curve: -

user posted image

Comparison of u-hook mounting point: -

user posted image

UPDATE: Bosch Aerotwin works perfectly fine. Just slight knocking of the end of the passenger-side's wiper (14") when trying to lift the driver-side's wiper (26") up for parking under the sun. But the flexibility of Aerotwin means it is not be a problem. No problem at all when wiping.
for future readers, you can get a 10.2mm wide replacement blade. It fits nicely into the wiper frame. CRV wiper front-size should be 16inch and 26 inch. Both 10.2mm wide.

Buy : cut-shorter to fit. PIAA SMR700 28 (L700mm x W10.2mm) @ https://www.lazada.com.my/products/i7296483...lFlag=true&mp=1
junkitzai
post Apr 16 2021, 04:06 PM

29 posts

Going to have some accessories to "decorate" my G5.5 CR-V, any recommended site?
Mighty Duck
post Apr 20 2021, 07:54 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

Hi! Everyone!

After reviewing all the SUV and tested most of them, i have finalize to Honda CRV. But now comparing CRV 2.0 vs 1.5TC 2WD. As most of the time will be in the city driving and using it more as a family car.... Hence, i was thinking do i really need turbo and others features like Honda Sensing and auto tailgate. Also considering turbo engine are more complex and require more maintenance and cost. Kindly share your inputs. TQvm!
Roman9698 P
post Jun 15 2021, 04:32 PM

Probation
0 posts

Any upcoming CRV new owner here? How long has been waiting to collect your car so far? I'm placing my booking on March 2021, until now no news... is this normal?
Areglator
post Jun 17 2021, 11:22 PM

15 posts

QUOTE(Mighty Duck @ Apr 20 2021, 07:54 PM)
Hi! Everyone!

After reviewing all the SUV and tested most of them, i have finalize to Honda CRV. But now comparing CRV 2.0 vs 1.5TC 2WD. As most of the time will be in the city driving and using it more as a family car.... Hence, i was thinking do i really need turbo and others features like Honda Sensing and auto tailgate. Also considering turbo engine are more complex and require more maintenance and cost. Kindly share your inputs. TQvm!
That's very difficult to answer for someone else since we all have different experiences, driving habits, and priorities. For example, many years ago I got a California driving license, and on the practical test on the freeway you have to turn your head to check the blind spot even before you indicate for a lane change (mirrors not enough, and at that time blind spot cameras didn't exist yet). If you indicated before looking, then you may fail the test right there. That's been ingrained into my habits, so a blind spot monitor was not all that necessary to me. I tested the both non turbo and turbo CRV, and went with the 2.0. It has the features that I like, and is powerful enough to not be unsafe when merging with highway traffic even with my family onboard. If the 2.0 were not enough for that, then I would have gone for the turbo. 😊
Ven25
post Jun 29 2021, 12:10 PM

23 posts

any owner getting news from their SA on when they getting their cars? been waiting for 2 months now and still no news yet... not sure the extended FMCO will further delay on the delivery or not..
OrdernPay
post Aug 18 2021, 04:37 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

anyone letting go thier cr-v? please pm
Areglator
post Aug 20 2021, 08:08 AM

15 posts

QUOTE(OrdernPay @ Aug 18 2021, 04:37 PM)
anyone letting go thier cr-v? please pm
Join the Facebook group "Honda CRV G5 Malaysia". There are posts by members selling their cars :-)
amir7298
post Sep 29 2021, 10:49 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

Just ordered the CRV on Aug 2021, SA claims takes 1-2 months but now after last communication, no confirmation anymore regarding allocating the car for my order.

Anyone got the similar news as well?

This post has been edited by amir7298: Sep 29 2021, 10:50 AM
HalseyFrangipane
post Sep 30 2021, 01:28 AM

On my way
500 posts

QUOTE(amir7298 @ Sep 29 2021, 10:49 AM)
Just ordered the CRV on Aug 2021, SA claims takes 1-2 months but now after last communication, no confirmation anymore regarding allocating the car for my order.

Anyone got the similar news as well?
Unfortunately, can't expect a confirmed ETA due to many unforeseen circumstances from Covid and government regulations.
AgentVIDIC
post Oct 4 2021, 11:13 PM

Casual
421 posts

hi all, any good Honda SA around KL/Selangor area to recommend?
Thanks in advance.
fiqqyz
post Oct 28 2021, 12:28 PM

46 posts

Honda CR-V Black Edition now in Malaysia – RM162k

Honda CRV Black

This post has been edited by fiqqyz: Oct 28 2021, 12:30 PM
kent1988
post Nov 7 2021, 08:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Hi CRV Gen 5 owners, wonder if anyone could share how to install Isofix child seat on this CRV? I've booked my unit but SA wasn't sure how/where to install.

For my current car (Passat), there are Isofix "hooks" underneath but when we were searching that in the CRV, can't really find it. I did saw that in the specs sheet and there are Isofix labelling at the rear seats.

Many thanks in advance for helping

This post has been edited by kent1988: Nov 7 2021, 08:11 PM
iamshf
post Nov 7 2021, 08:31 PM

Enthusiast
825 posts

QUOTE(kent1988 @ Nov 7 2021, 08:11 PM)
Hi CRV Gen 5 owners, wonder if anyone could share how to install Isofix child seat on this CRV? I've booked my unit but SA wasn't sure how/where to install.

For my current car (Passat), there are Isofix "hooks" underneath but when we were searching that in the CRV, can't really find it. I did saw that in the specs sheet and there are Isofix labelling at the rear seats.

Many thanks in advance for helping
This post has been edited by iamshf: Nov 7 2021, 08:32 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
kent1988
post Nov 7 2021, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Thanks @iamshf appreciate that 🙏
QUOTE(iamshf @ Nov 7 2021, 08:31 PM)

135 Pages « < 111 112 113 114 115 > » Top

Change to: