Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Continental Premium Contact 6, Anyone started selling this?

views

TSwkc5657
post Jun 2 2017, 05:09 PM, updated 5y ago

On my way
513 posts

Singapore has started selling this tyre. Anyone started selling this on our side?
6UE5T
post Jun 2 2017, 05:28 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 2 2017, 05:09 PM)
Singapore has started selling this tyre. Anyone started selling this on our side?
The Malaysian website doesn't have it yet so probably not yet except from individual direct importers.
TSwkc5657
post Jun 4 2017, 05:00 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 2 2017, 05:28 PM)
The Malaysian website doesn't have it yet so probably not yet except from individual direct importers.
This seller in singapore listed it in their website :
http://kimhoeco.com/product/continental-pr...-6-2354018-95y/

The price seems good, even better with the discount coupon code. Wonder how the price will be translated when it arrives on our shore.

Feel tempted to get it change there as my very own Christmas present half a year later hmm.gif
6UE5T
post Jun 4 2017, 06:11 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 4 2017, 05:00 PM)
This seller in singapore listed it in their website :
http://kimhoeco.com/product/continental-pr...-6-2354018-95y/

The price seems good, even better with the discount coupon code. Wonder how the price will be translated when it arrives on our shore.

Feel tempted to get it change there as my very own Christmas present half a year later  hmm.gif
What size are you using? If the price is close to PS4, I'd suggest better go with PS4.
TSwkc5657
post Jun 4 2017, 09:39 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 4 2017, 06:11 PM)
What size are you using? If the price is close to PS4, I'd suggest better go with PS4.
225/45/R18 or 235/40/R18.

I salivate for the PS4, but I don't really mind trading a little bit of performance for more comfort and a little more thread life in the CPC6. Not to forget that need to fork out about 20% extra compared to CPC6.

My main target is the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2. Loved the thread and the surface design, the tyre label ratings also seemed very good. But seems like Dunlop is not releasing this sleeper in the region. Even singapore still stuck with version 1. I know can order, but don't want to risk a blowout without a quick replacement available. At least i have the feeling that CPC6 will have greater likeliness to be launched here rather than the RT2.
6UE5T
post Jun 5 2017, 10:55 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 4 2017, 09:39 PM)
225/45/R18 or 235/40/R18.

I salivate for the PS4, but I don't really mind trading a little bit of performance for more comfort and a little more thread life in the CPC6. Not to forget that need to fork out about 20% extra compared to CPC6.

My main target is the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT2. Loved the thread and the surface design, the tyre label ratings also seemed very good. But seems like Dunlop is not releasing this sleeper in the region. Even singapore still stuck with version 1. I know can order, but don't want to risk a blowout without a quick replacement available. At least i have the feeling that CPC6 will have greater likeliness to be launched here rather than the RT2.
Better stick to 225/45/18 coz much more common size so cheaper, and slightly more comfortable coz taller sidewall too.

I doubt CPC6 will last longer than PS4, probably about the same lifetime at best. Because usually Continental high performance tires have a bit lower tread wear rating (280). Usually Continental tires are expensive too (especially those good ones made in Europe) but yeah if it's really 20% cheaper then should be a good option to try. Other good option if you want comfort in a high performance tires is the new F1A3 becasue it's the quietest but I also doubt it's cheaper coz they're still made in Germany.

Yup, unfortunately here in Malaysia nobody sells the RT series! Maybe because here the Dunlop brand is under Continental and it will clash with the CSC series hence they don't import them. It's also a good tire that I wanted to try but cannot get one. It will not last long though coz tread wear rating is only 240 which is even less than CSC5.
jimmyteng18
post Jun 5 2017, 11:50 AM

On my way
656 posts

I will try CPC6 if it's 20% cheaper than PS4.
TSwkc5657
post Jun 5 2017, 04:25 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 5 2017, 10:55 AM)
Better stick to 225/45/18 coz much more common size so cheaper, and slightly more comfortable coz taller sidewall too.

I doubt CPC6 will last longer than PS4, probably about the same lifetime at best. Because usually Continental high performance tires have a bit lower tread wear rating (280). Usually Continental tires are expensive too (especially those good ones made in Europe) but yeah if it's really 20% cheaper then should be a good option to try. Other good option if you want comfort in a high performance tires is the new F1A3 becasue it's the quietest but I also doubt it's cheaper coz they're still made in Germany.

Yup, unfortunately here in Malaysia nobody sells the RT series! Maybe because here the Dunlop brand is under Continental and it will clash with the CSC series hence they don't import them. It's also a good tire that I wanted to try but cannot get one. It will not last long though coz tread wear rating is only 240 which is even less than CSC5.
I did consider F1A3, but looking at the price, i'm not so keen anymore as the CPC6 seemed to excel more than the F1A3 generally.

From this review, the CPC6 seems to have wear characteristics improved pretty well :
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-...r-Tyre-Test.htm

Some time ago when the PS4 was launched, michelin's uk website have a comparison webpage with a few counterparts. It excelled in all except for wear against the F1A3. But seems like the page was replaced. Under the test above, the F1A3's wear is inferior to the CPC6, so highly likely that it can outlast the PS4.

Well, you can consider CPC6 for your next change. The marketing positioning for this product is to replace both CSC5 and CPC5, but improved upon them. Will just be slightly inferior to CSC6, but have very good noise and comfort ratings.

6UE5T
post Jun 5 2017, 04:54 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 5 2017, 04:25 PM)
I did consider F1A3, but looking at the price, i'm not so keen anymore as the CPC6 seemed to excel more than the F1A3 generally.

From this review, the CPC6 seems to have wear characteristics improved pretty well :
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2017-...r-Tyre-Test.htm

Some time ago when the PS4 was launched, michelin's uk website have a comparison webpage with a few counterparts. It excelled in all except for wear against the F1A3. But seems like the page was replaced. Under the test above, the F1A3's wear is inferior to the CPC6, so highly likely that it can outlast the PS4.

Well, you can consider CPC6 for your next change. The marketing positioning for this product is to replace both CSC5 and CPC5, but improved upon them. Will just be slightly inferior to CSC6, but have very good noise and comfort ratings.
Hehehe if based on that review, I'm even more interested to try that Falken FK510 now! biggrin.gif Seems like very cheap and cheerful type of deal.

You cannot trust reviews/comparisons posted in their own website, surely biased! biggrin.gif

All F1s have tread wear rating of 300. I used F1D5 before and it lasted >50k km despite my occasional abusive driving, so I expect the the F1A3 also should last the about same. Right now I'm using CSC5 and it wears a bit faster than the F1D5. But yeah the CPC6 is designed to improve on the CSC5 on comfort, noise, and maybe durability a bit but not really on ultimate performance, have to wait and see for more reviews. So far this CSC5 is the best I've ever used though.

Note though in that review above, aquaplaning resistance of the CPC6 is not so good, and for Malaysia where got often heavy rain, aquaplaning resistance is quite an important criteria. That's why PS3 was so popular here.

Btw you're driving the Mazda 3 right? If I were you I'd actually downgrade to 17 using lightweight rims and 235/45/17 tires, much more beneficial for performance and comfort too.
TSwkc5657
post Jun 5 2017, 05:08 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 5 2017, 04:54 PM)
Hehehe if based on that review, I'm even more interested to try that Falken FK510 now!  biggrin.gif  Seems like very cheap and cheerful type of deal.

You cannot trust reviews/comparisons posted in their own website, surely biased!  biggrin.gif

All F1s have tread wear rating of 300. I used F1D5 before and it lasted >50k km despite my occasional abusive driving, so I expect the the F1A3 also should last the about same. Right now I'm using CSC5 and it wears a bit faster than the F1D5. But yeah the CPC6 is designed to improve on the CSC5 on comfort, noise, and maybe durability a bit but not really on ultimate performance, have to wait and see for more reviews. So far this CSC5 is the best I've ever used though.

Note though in that review above, aquaplaning resistance of the CPC6 is not so good, and for Malaysia where got often heavy rain, aquaplaning resistance is quite an important criteria. That's why PS3 was so popular here.

Btw you're driving the Mazda 3 right? If I were you I'd actually downgrade to 17 using lightweight rims and 235/45/17 tires, much more beneficial for performance and comfort too.
FK510 also a rare creature here, asked a few places also don't have. This tyre also under my radar, just not sure about the cost of it. Just that the rolling resistance quite high, could have a noticeable impact on fuel economy.

Aquaplanning resistance should still be better than a worn down tyre. The much received V701 also had an issue with aquaplanning, the tone in the review seemed to be harsher than the CPC6.

You very observant, yes i'm driving Mazda3. Already a bit of a pinch to get proper replacement tyres, cannot break a hole in my budget for another set of rims tongue.gif Where are you based, want to try you X someday laugh.gif

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Jun 5 2017, 05:12 PM
6UE5T
post Jun 5 2017, 06:40 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 5 2017, 05:08 PM)
FK510 also a rare creature here, asked a few places also don't have. This tyre also under my radar, just not sure about the cost of it. Just that the rolling resistance quite high, could have a noticeable impact on fuel economy.

Aquaplanning resistance should still be better than a worn down tyre. The much received V701 also had an issue with aquaplanning, the tone in the review seemed to be harsher than the CPC6.

You very observant, yes i'm driving Mazda3. Already a bit of a pinch to get proper replacement tyres, cannot break a hole in my budget for another set of rims  tongue.gif  Where are you based, want to try you X someday  laugh.gif
Falken should be much cheaper than those top brands, maybe just around 60% of the price of the those.

Yeah V701 doesn't look promising in that review. It only won as the most comfortable tire! biggrin.gif

My X? Nothing special la, just a normal sedan, already getting old some more. Some people already say no more value one. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by 6UE5T: Jun 5 2017, 07:02 PM
TSwkc5657
post Jun 5 2017, 11:09 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 5 2017, 06:40 PM)
Falken should be much cheaper than those top brands, maybe just around 60% of the price of the those.

Yeah V701 doesn't look promising in that review. It Yeah V701 doesn't look promising in that review. It only won as the most comfortable tire!  biggrin.gif only won as the most comfortable tire!  biggrin.gif

My X? Nothing special la, just a normal sedan, already getting old some more. Some people already say no more value one.  laugh.gif
I think the V701 would be the most affordable, followed by the FK510, then the CPC6.

If i'm adventurous, i may even try the RE003 for the fun of it laugh.gif Strange that this tyre can't be found on european shores, only the predecessor RE002 available there. Was looking for the label rating only found this out. The exact opposite of the Dunlop issue we discussed earlier.

Change the X lah sweat.gif The Kia Stinger could be a nice replacement, or maybe the VW Arteon if the wallet feeling more generous tongue.gif
6UE5T
post Jun 5 2017, 11:38 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 5 2017, 11:09 PM)
I think the V701 would be the most affordable, followed by the FK510, then the CPC6.

If i'm adventurous, i may even try the RE003 for the fun of it  laugh.gif Strange that this tyre can't be found on european shores, only the predecessor RE002 available there. Was looking for the label rating only found this out. The exact opposite of the Dunlop issue we discussed earlier.

Change the X lah  sweat.gif  The Kia Stinger could be a nice replacement, or maybe the VW Arteon if the wallet feeling more generous  tongue.gif
I think FK510 can be cheaper than V701. This is based on the pricing of the previous FK453 model and because I never heard/seen Yokohama cheaper than Falken for similar competing models but I can be wrong.

RE003 is strong in the dry and reasonable/decent in the wet but the tread wear is only 220 and already confirmed will finish faster. The compound is not easily chipped though, similar to my CSC5 which only chips a little bit so far as opposed to PS3 or F1D5 which are chipping a lot more.

Kia & VW? No thx bro, I don't have confidence yet in Korean cars and also in VW. Furthermore, those are big cars. If I were to change, I would want smaller, more agile, and faster, don't want as big as my X anymore, AWD turbo with simple manual gearbox would be best. Anyway economy is tough, no money to spend on fancy cars coz got other much more important priorities.
TSwkc5657
post Jun 6 2017, 10:26 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 5 2017, 11:38 PM)
I think FK510 can be cheaper than V701. This is based on the pricing of the previous FK453 model and because I never heard/seen Yokohama cheaper than Falken for similar competing models but I can be wrong.

RE003 is strong in the dry and reasonable/decent in the wet but the tread wear is only 220 and already confirmed will finish faster. The compound is not easily chipped though, similar to my CSC5 which only chips a little bit so far as opposed to PS3 or F1D5 which are chipping a lot more.

Kia & VW? No thx bro, I don't have confidence yet in Korean cars and also in VW. Furthermore, those are big cars. If I were to change, I would want smaller, more agile, and faster, don't want as big as my X anymore, AWD turbo with simple manual gearbox would be best. Anyway economy is tough, no money to spend on fancy cars coz got other much more important priorities.
Didn't know that the position and Falken and Yokohama as such, i presume them to be of same market positioning. I'll try another shop that has Falken signboard, see whether can get this or not. The FK510 could be like the Sportmaxx RT2, never to be introduced into our markets here.

By the way, earlier on you talked about lightened wheels. May i know what is your setup and what brand of wheels you use?
6UE5T
post Jun 6 2017, 10:36 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 6 2017, 10:26 AM)
Didn't know that the position and Falken and Yokohama as such, i presume them to be of same market positioning. I'll try another shop that has Falken signboard, see whether can get this or not. The FK510 could be like the Sportmaxx RT2, never to be introduced into our markets here.

By the way, earlier on you talked about lightened wheels. May i know what is your setup and what brand of wheels you use?
The previous version FK453 was available here, so I'm hoping the FK510 should be too.

I'm using Prodrive forged rims GC-07C, staggered sizes 17x7.5/8.5 (weight 6.6/6.9kg) with tires CSC5 225/50/17 fr & CSC3 245/45/17 rr.

TSwkc5657
post Jun 6 2017, 11:18 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 6 2017, 10:36 AM)
The previous version FK453 was available here, so I'm hoping the FK510 should be too.

I'm using Prodrive forged rims GC-07C, staggered sizes 17x7.5/8.5 (weight 6.6/6.9kg) with tires CSC5 225/50/17 fr & CSC3 245/45/17 rr.
wow forged shocking.gif Must be expensive, how much you paid for it?

I shouldn't be able to afford it, i'm more of a cheapskate looking for well conditioned 2nd hand flow formed wheels of reputable brands not exceeding 3k.

6UE5T
post Jun 6 2017, 11:46 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 6 2017, 11:18 AM)
wow forged  shocking.gif Must be expensive, how much you paid for it?

I shouldn't be able to afford it, i'm more of a cheapskate looking for well conditioned 2nd hand flow formed wheels of reputable brands not exceeding 3k.
Well it's an old rim so I bought them used hence already more affordable at rm2+k (forgot exactly how much already, need to check the receipt).
TSwkc5657
post Jun 6 2017, 11:54 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 6 2017, 11:46 AM)
Well it's an old rim so I bought them used hence already more affordable at rm2+k (forgot exactly how much already, need to check the receipt).
Oh, not too bad. Does it look like this :

http://www.mudah.my/Prodrive+gc+07c+17+jap...su-53186085.htm

https://sg.carousell.com/p/original-prodriv...uery%3Dprodrive
6UE5T
post Jun 6 2017, 12:16 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Jun 6 2017, 11:54 AM)
Exactly the same as the one in mudah. smile.gif
It's not that expensive because it's not as popular as Rays but actually similar class of rims. It's actually also made by Rays. The good thing about it, it's very rare and no fakes/replicas are made, unlike those popular ones. smile.gif
TSwkc5657
post Jun 6 2017, 02:51 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Jun 6 2017, 12:16 PM)
Exactly the same as the one in mudah.  smile.gif
It's not that expensive because it's not as popular as Rays but actually similar class of rims. It's actually also made by Rays. The good thing about it, it's very rare and no fakes/replicas are made, unlike those popular ones.  smile.gif
I see, good good.

You have any other similar rim recommendations that won't break my bank?

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:01 PM