4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Samsung unfair treatment to preorder customers, Galaxy S8/S8+

views

TSbenson92
post Apr 28 2017, 10:36 AM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,010 posts

To kick off the sale of the much-awaited Galaxy S8 and S8+ flagship smartphones, Samsung Malaysia Electronics will be having a three-day roadshow in Sunway Pyramid (Klang Valley), Queensbay Mall (Penang) and Sutera Mall (Johor Bahru) from May 5 to 7.

During this period, every purchase of the flagship smartphones will come with a Limited Edition Starter Kit consisting of a clear cover, screen protector, wireless charger stand, USB Type-C cable and compact 5,100mAh battery pack.

Don’t worry if you can’t make it to the roadshow as the promo will also be offered at all of its 76 Samsung Experience Stores (SES) nationwide.

The main attraction of the new smartphones are the screens – the S8 sports a 5.8in display while its bigger sibling, the S8+, has a 6.2in display.

Both the smartphones have a 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 lens and an 8-megapixel front camera with Smart autofocus for sharper selfies.

Samsung claims the mobile phones are the first to feature a 10nm processor that is not only fast but also power efficient.

The phones feature three types of biometric security – facial recognition, iris scanner and fingerprint reader.

Customers who purchase the Galaxy S8 or S8+ will also be eligible for 50% discount on the new Gear VR with Controller (RM499 before discount) and Gear 360 (RM999).

Samsung will also have a trade up campaign for buying the Galaxy S8 and S8+ but at this point it’s not clear which old phones it will be accepting or the value of the rebate offered.

The company will also be demonstrating the Samsung Dex, a dock for the Galaxy S8/S8+ that turns the smartphone into a desktop computer so you can access apps, browse the Web and more on a bigger screen.

The Dex, which will only be arriving on our shores in June, is priced at RM459. ranting.gif

the star

preorder customer also get the same freebies as stated in the roadshow but without the 50% off of vr gear and 360 camera? only have 1 day bragging rights before the retail customers can get the SAME offer as those preorder customers, how bad this is, the only extra thing preorder customer get is only the warranties sweat.gif

This post has been edited by benson92: Apr 28 2017, 02:33 PM
Bujal.x
post Apr 28 2017, 11:05 AM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

but the roadshow promo dont have the extra 1 year warranty and one time screen cracked replacement right?
SUSVelocity
post Apr 28 2017, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

QUOTE(Bujal.x @ Apr 28 2017, 11:05 AM)
but the roadshow promo dont have the extra 1 year warranty and one time screen cracked replacement right?
still feel cheated means next time better wait official. we pay deposit in full some pay in full and all they got is additional warranty that can be bought and 1 day bragging

what da point?

pre order to show we are serious but instead they concern and value non serious first.

we still need go to samsung to queue and collect not delivery to our doorstep

so yes i am also not very happy
TSbenson92
post Apr 28 2017, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(Velocity @ Apr 28 2017, 11:22 AM)
still feel cheated  means next time better wait official. we pay deposit in full some pay in full and all they got is additional warranty that can be bought and 1 day bragging

what da point?

pre order to show  we are serious but instead they concern and value non serious first.

we still  need go to samsung to queue and collect not delivery to our doorstep

i second this, still feel like being cheated
SUSVelocity
post Apr 28 2017, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

QUOTE(benson92 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:24 AM)
u imagine this rm 300 x 5000 customers

samsung have 1.5millon cash to play around or invest

just say samsung invest our money and profit 5% they earn extra rm75k on top of the phones price and what customer benefit only slightly better than official.

This post has been edited by Velocity: Apr 28 2017, 11:29 AM
andrekua2
post Apr 28 2017, 11:32 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,489 posts

Grow up and take this to serious kopitiam...

This has nothing to do in Android section...

Bujal.x
post Apr 28 2017, 11:34 AM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

QUOTE(Velocity @ Apr 28 2017, 11:22 AM)
still feel cheated  means next time better wait official. we pay deposit in full some pay in full and all they got is additional warranty that can be bought and 1 day bragging

what da point?

pre order to show  we are serious but instead they concern and value non serious first.

we still  need go to samsung to queue and collect not delivery to our doorstep

perhaps someday the preorder buyer will have the last laugh when they need to pay nothing to change the accidentally cracked screen.cheer up buddy biggrin.gif
TSbenson92
post Apr 28 2017, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:32 AM)
Grow up and take this to serious kopitiam...

This has nothing to do in Android section...
sorry if im opening the thread in wrong section, can see how pissed off i am haha, please move this to serious kopitiam if can moderators smile.gif
edthrax
post Apr 28 2017, 11:38 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(Bujal.x @ Apr 28 2017, 11:34 AM)
perhaps someday the preorder buyer will have the last laugh when they need to pay nothing to change the accidentally cracked screen.cheer up buddy biggrin.gif
true..

free screen replacement is a very good benefit after the price for screen replacement was revealed few days ago..

u win some u lose some..thats life..

atleast u dont have to queue like crazy on launch day to get ur phone.. i remember on s7edge launch in klcc..the queue is..crazy.. but they free GearVR.. i guess a reward for them for willing to queue early in the morning

This post has been edited by edthrax: Apr 28 2017, 11:38 AM
SUSVelocity
post Apr 28 2017, 11:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

the value is not there. if the warranty cost like rm1000 and yes. we never know they could also offer it to official set but until its release we never know
hui_ops
post Apr 28 2017, 11:42 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(edthrax @ Apr 27 2017, 07:38 PM)
true..

free screen replacement is a very good benefit after the price for screen replacement was revealed few days ago..

u win some u lose some..thats life..

atleast u dont have to queue like crazy on launch day to get ur phone.. i remember on s7edge launch in klcc..the queue is..crazy.. but they free GearVR.. i guess a reward for them for willing to queue early in the morning
get free screen replacement is a very good d..

we won't win all the time ma..
madhack7
post Apr 28 2017, 11:45 AM

14 posts

Yeah wei, does Samsung Malaysia really understand what is pre-order. Pre order customers are supposed to get the best deals, but instead they are acting so desperate for sales.

This is real bad PR. Good move by them to remove the roadshow page on their site. If they really wanted to sell the VR and 360 to customers at 50% off, just offer the same to preorder customers and stop giving that wireless charger kit to non pre-order customers.

Another fail is 11street's 11-Apr pre-order, they forgot that clients who buy from them get the RM100 tech discount voucher, last minute they pulled out from selling the pre-orders, I even called their call centre to check, and they said management decision to pull out. See see after 2 days they came back in. Right after the 13-Apr deadline, they started selling post pre-order with freebies. I mean come on la, u think customers are stupid or what.

Massive failure on rolling out the pre-order in Malaysia, compounded by the fact they tried give better or similar deals to post pre-order customers, shows how they treat their customers and supporters. Samsung Malaysia, please have some self-worth la.
alexleow81
post Apr 28 2017, 11:48 AM

Liverpool FC
2,747 posts

QUOTE(madhack7 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:45 AM)
Yeah wei, does Samsung Malaysia really understand what is pre-order. Pre order customers are supposed to get the best deals, but instead they are acting so desperate for sales.

This is real bad PR. Good move by them to remove the roadshow page on their site. If they really wanted to sell the VR and 360 to customers at 50% off, just offer the same to preorder customers and stop giving that wireless charger kit to non pre-order customers.

Another fail is 11street's 11-Apr pre-order, they forgot that clients who buy from them get the RM100 tech discount voucher, last minute they pulled out from selling the pre-orders, I even called their call centre to check, and they said management decision to pull out. See see after 2 days they came back in. Right after the 13-Apr deadline, they started selling post pre-order with freebies. I mean come on la, u think customers are stupid or what.

Massive failure on rolling out the pre-order in Malaysia,  compounded by the fact they tried give better or similar deals to post pre-order customers, shows how they treat their customers and supporters. Samsung Malaysia, please have some self-worth la.
Samsung Galaxy S4 is my last Samsung phones! No more Samsung phones for me smile.gif
madhack7
post Apr 28 2017, 11:54 AM

14 posts

QUOTE(benson92 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:24 AM)
Friend, I can buy all-risk insurance to cover my phone from screen cracks, really big deal, my premium to cover the cost of a 3.7k phone is only RM36, that includes covering the phone if it is stolen or lost. So no biggie on that screen crack deal.

What we are arguing here is on principle, pre-order customers are suppose to get the best deal because it's freaking pre-order. If you do it the reverse, you're basically saying that you're so desperate for sales.

I'm converting from iPhone 7 plus to Samsung S8 plus and they are doing this, you think it's a smart move?
SUSVelocity
post Apr 28 2017, 11:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

QUOTE(madhack7 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:45 AM)

Massive failure on rolling out the pre-order in Malaysia,  compounded by the fact they tried give better or similar deals to post pre-order customers, shows how they treat their customers and supporters. Samsung Malaysia, please have some self-worth la.
+1 agreed. see how official date hope they dont make this my last samsung phone
SUSVelocity
post Apr 28 2017, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,188 posts

QUOTE(madhack7 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:54 AM)
Friend, I can buy all-risk insurance to cover my phone from screen cracks, really big deal, my premium to cover the cost of a 3.7k phone is only RM36, that includes covering the phone if it is stolen or lost. So no biggie on that screen crack deal.

What we are arguing here is on principle, pre-order customers are suppose to get the best deal because it's freaking pre-order. If you do it the reverse, you're basically saying that you're so desperate for sales.

I'm converting from iPhone 7 plus to Samsung S8 plus and they are doing this, you think it's a smart move?
what insurance is that? can share?
TSbenson92
post Apr 28 2017, 11:56 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(Velocity @ Apr 28 2017, 11:54 AM)
+1 agreed.  see how official date hope they dont make this my last samsung phone
me too

QUOTE(Velocity @ Apr 28 2017, 11:55 AM)
i believe thats a case? hmm.gif
madhack7
post Apr 28 2017, 11:57 AM

14 posts

Best part is if u drop your s8 and not only the screen cracks but internal hardware is damaged, so Samsung will cover the hardware damage? If yes then good, it not then it's like wanna give, and don't wanna give.
TSbenson92
post Apr 28 2017, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(madhack7 @ Apr 28 2017, 11:57 AM)
Best part is if u drop your s8 and not only the screen cracks  but internal hardware is damaged, so Samsung will cover the hardware damage? If yes then good, it not then it's like wanna give, and don't wanna give.
screen claim for screen warranty, hardware claim hardware warranty flex.gif
madhack7
post Apr 28 2017, 12:00 PM

14 posts

QUOTE(Velocity @ Apr 28 2017, 11:55 AM)
Any general insurance company will be able to offer you the all-risk insurance through your home insurance. Section 1 of the policy covers the house building in the event of fire or damage, Section 2 covers home contents i.e. your fridge, TV, cupboard, etc., Section 3 covers all-risk, you can cover your Rolex watch, your laptop, your handphone, branded handbag bla bla.

Not bad huh, uve got some insurance training today.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM