Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PlayStation 4™ Community Official Thread | V16, PlayStation 4™ Pro AVAILABLE NOW

views

GamersFamilia
post Dec 28 2018, 11:37 AM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,042 posts

QUOTE(ramdieslow @ Dec 27 2018, 10:14 PM)
I am not into the PS4 or any games. Almost 30 but looking for ways to release some tension. My friend suggest for PS4. During my childhood time played some games such as Road Rash, Driver 1/2, and GTA. Now I think can play some games too.

Can sifu advise is this a good deal? What are the differences for bundle and normal one? Should I look for fat or slim? I am just a beginner anyway. Not going to spend thousands on games

[attachmentid=10148056]

Thank you and sorry if this is such a super newbie question.
yea it's a good deal … bundle : games will be included with the set , stand alone : just the set .. go for ps4 slim devil.gif
adammale
post Dec 28 2018, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

QUOTE(BobThe Builder @ Dec 28 2018, 09:33 AM)
Try change your dns to google one, if you haven’t done that already.
Tq for the reply smile.gif May I know how? I’m a bit slow on this techie stuff *.*
blackamikaze
post Dec 28 2018, 05:22 PM

Trooper Rank: BIG HEAD SERGEANT
2,638 posts

I am not into the PS4 or any games. Almost 30 but looking for ways to release some tension. My friend suggest for PS4. During my childhood time played some games such as Road Rash, Driver 1/2, and GTA. Now I think can play some games too.

Can sifu advise is this a good deal? What are the differences for bundle and normal one? Should I look for fat or slim? I am just a beginner anyway. Not going to spend thousands on games

[attachmentid=10148056]

that is really cheap, and I paid rm1349 for the same set few weeks ago... vmad.gif
UsernameCopied
post Dec 28 2018, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
190 posts

QUOTE(blackamikaze @ Dec 28 2018, 05:22 PM)
that is really cheap, and I paid rm1349 for the same set few weeks ago...  vmad.gif
sucker
BobThe Builder
post Dec 28 2018, 05:54 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(adammale @ Dec 28 2018, 01:11 PM)
Tq for the reply smile.gif May I know how? I’m a bit slow on this techie stuff *.*
Can follow this video:

Lord Red
post Dec 28 2018, 09:31 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

I have a friend who is coming back from US. He's got a US set PS Pro. He said he hasn't done anything regarding warranty etc over there. Can we register US PS in Malaysia Sony and claim warranty here if something happen?
ckl1998
post Dec 28 2018, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
219 posts

Sony Store selling the PS4 Pro with free controller at 1549? Is this deal attractive?
GamersFamilia
post Dec 28 2018, 10:04 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,042 posts

QUOTE(Lord Red @ Dec 28 2018, 09:31 PM)
I have a friend who is coming back from US. He's got a US set PS Pro. He said he hasn't done anything regarding warranty etc over there. Can we register US PS in Malaysia Sony and claim warranty here if something happen?
Sorry , He can't register his PS4 Pro US set here in Malaysia , means he can't claim the warranty & send for repair at Sony Malaysia service centre devil.gif

But , there is lots of gameshop provide repair service for PS4 system , I guesss it shouldn't be a problem devil.gif

This post has been edited by GamersFamilia: Dec 28 2018, 10:46 PM
D.K.Prince
post Dec 28 2018, 11:26 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(ckl1998 @ Dec 28 2018, 10:02 PM)
Sony Store selling the PS4 Pro with free controller at 1549? Is this deal attractive?
yes bro, I got my PS4 PRO RM1399 and you only top up Rm150 to get an extra controller.
JkzsBlog
post Dec 29 2018, 02:53 AM

Stalk me.
697 posts

[attachmentid=10148056]

Most Facebook pages(Heavy Arm Online/Impulse/etc.) I saw were advertising the same bundle going for RM1099. This is so far the only one I see with RM999(*While stock lasts*) price tag, definitely worth checking out. If this cheaper option here turns out to be say imported/'lemon unit'/AP device(I don't know the exact term to use here, what I am trying to say here is if the PS4 bundle being sold isn't meant for Asia/our country.), then I'll head to the stores located in Subang Jaya instead as advertised on the Facebook pages I saw earlier. I'll most likely visit either one or all of these places later in the morning.

So, here are my questions. How do I tell from the outside of the box if it's like meant for Asia or are the games the R3 ones? How do I make sure if they have legit warranty claims(should any issues arise) with local SONY service centers/HQ/shops? Forgive me for the beginner's questions as well, like ramdieslow, I am also new to this. Planning to either get myself a PS4 within these last few days of the year or I don't at all. 😅
Lord Red
post Dec 29 2018, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Dec 28 2018, 10:04 PM)
Sorry , He can't register his PS4 Pro US set here in Malaysia , means he can't claim the warranty & send for repair at Sony Malaysia service centre  devil.gif

But , there is lots of gameshop provide repair service for PS4 system , I guesss it shouldn't be a problem  devil.gif
TQ2.
Lord Red
post Dec 29 2018, 11:32 AM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(JkzsBlog @ Dec 29 2018, 02:53 AM)
Most Facebook pages(Heavy Arm Online/Impulse/etc.) I saw were advertising the same bundle going for RM1099. This is so far the only one I see with RM999(*While stock lasts*) price tag, definitely worth checking out. If this cheaper option here turns out to be say imported/'lemon unit'/AP device(I don't know the exact term to use here, what I am trying to say here is if the PS4 bundle being sold isn't meant for Asia/our country.), then I'll head to the stores located in Subang Jaya instead as advertised on the Facebook pages I saw earlier. I'll most likely visit either one or all of these places later in the morning.

So, here are my questions. How do I tell from the outside of the box if it's like meant for Asia or are the games the R3 ones? How do I make sure if they have legit warranyty claims(should any issues arise) with local SONY service centers/HQ/shops? Forgive me for the beginner's questions as well, like ramdieslow, I am also new to this. Planning to either get myself a PS4 within these last few days of the year or I don't at all. 😅
I think first thing you look at is the seal sticker outside the box. I saw my friends US PS2 only got normal clear sticker sealing the box. But my local set got this fancy like sparkle sticker. Something like hologram sticker.

Here is my understanding. For games, US R1 games basically all have the age rating on the cover and Euro R2 games all have PEGI written on the cover. Asian games Don have that I think. Just have bar code.

If you see PEGI, M, T, 16, etc that means it other region games and not R3

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:25 PM