9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Labour Charges to Change Engine Oil

views

kidmad
post May 14 2017, 10:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ May 10 2017, 07:52 PM)
Just went to my former workshop located inside Shell Usj 6.
bought my own petronas oil.
the moment i brought down my oil can, the tauke lamented 2 points

1) you bring own oil? i charge you rm 25
2) you bought petronas oil. actually we dont allow but this time we allow you.

and i am his regular customer. poor customer experience.

what pisses me off is : why and what rights have workshop to intentionally charge more for bringing parts? not enough to scam is it? know other workshops does that. so what if customer wants to buy his own parts at cheaper rate?

i screwed the tauke: So does that mean i use your oil you charge cheaper la??
He kept silent.

ok..your'e on my blacklist.
if you bu oil from him he make 10 - 30 bucks extra ma... from the oil you see...

Their profit margin is very low.. i always very kesian the workers so sometimes i know i kena charge extra like allignment rm30... or rm25 for oil change.. i give them..
TSThrust
post May 14 2017, 10:49 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(kidmad @ May 14 2017, 10:40 AM)
u FAG... even if it's RM25 give them la... some shops are still charging rm10 though... sometimes i really kecian them.. They gaji ceput some barely reach rm1k.. some it's only rm900..

there is a few things which i think it deserves to be paid better.
fill tyre hole - rm5
oil change - rm10
allignment - rm15
balancing - rm10
Even if the workshop drastically increase the workmanship cost, their mechanics will still be paid 'gaji ceput' as most mechanics are paid fixed salary. The workshop I went uses foreigners to do the job but they are quite good at what they are do.

It is very obvious the boss wanted to make more money by just increasing the price.

You are enriching the boss, not the poor workers.

This post has been edited by Thrust: May 14 2017, 10:52 AM
kidmad
post May 14 2017, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ May 14 2017, 10:49 AM)
Even if the workshop drastically increase the workmanship cost, their mechanics will still be paid 'gaji ceput' as most mechanics are paid fixed salary. The workshop I went uses foreigners to do the job but they are quite good at what they are do.

It is very obvious the boss wanted to make more money by just increasing the price.
at least you have to start giving extra before the boss can do anything. Well not really also.. Tayaria in Setia Alam.. they pay their worker somewhere around rm1.5k and the boss is nice.. price are slightly higher.. but i'm okay with it still affordable..

in between batu tiga.. there's petronas and petron there is a malay dude who does service.. still rm10.
can't recall seksyen 25/22 near the aeon big in shah alam.. there's this small corner lot tyre shop still doing allignment rm15 and balancing rm10.. change the nut for chamber rm45 each side.

prices are done end of last year geh.
TSThrust
post May 14 2017, 11:03 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(kidmad @ May 14 2017, 10:55 AM)
at least you have to start giving extra before the boss can do anything. Well not really also.. Tayaria in Setia Alam.. they pay their worker somewhere around rm1.5k and the boss is nice.. price are slightly higher.. but i'm okay with it still affordable..

in between batu tiga.. there's petronas and petron there is a malay dude who does service.. still rm10.
can't recall seksyen 25/22 near the aeon big in shah alam.. there's this small corner lot tyre shop still doing allignment rm15 and balancing rm10.. change the nut for chamber rm45 each side.

prices are done end of last year geh.
In my opinion, oil changes should be price at around RM15 as it is really a simple & fast job. Other task which involve parts that are difficult to replace, I don't mind paying extra because I know the effort required to get it done.

6UE5T
post May 14 2017, 01:43 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ May 14 2017, 11:03 AM)
In my opinion, oil changes should be price at around RM15 as it is really a simple & fast job. Other task which involve parts that are difficult to replace, I don't mind paying extra because I know the effort required to get it done.
Yes agree, should be rm15, but many are charging more than that already. Luckily I still have 1 shop nearby which only charges rm15/oil change for both my cars (actually about 2 yrs ago they only charged me rm10!). Anyway for my car it's considered ok coz my car is low hence need more effort as they need to manually jack up in 2 spots and go underneath on a cardboard instead of going up their lift.
kidmad
post May 14 2017, 07:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,370 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ May 14 2017, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE(6UE5T @ May 14 2017, 01:43 PM)
Yes agree, should be rm15, but many are charging more than that already. Luckily I still have 1 shop nearby which only charges rm15/oil change for both my cars (actually about 2 yrs ago they only charged me rm10!). Anyway for my car it's considered ok coz my car is low hence need more effort as they need to manually jack up in 2 spots and go underneath on a cardboard instead of going up their lift.
I guess that's Malaysia going abroad that will never happen
mars2003
post May 15 2017, 03:30 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

actually depends on the amount of work la.u can't say like 15 is best price and 30 is overcharge.
Some work shop do point checking. of course they demand more.
Some shop charge less just only change oil filter..
totally boils down how u tell the workshop what u want.
tell them straight just change oil filter and engine oil and no checking for other stuff. I'm sure the price will be cheaper.
cempedaklife
post May 17 2017, 08:42 AM

Master Decoy
4,017 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ May 14 2017, 10:49 AM)

You are enriching the boss, not the poor workers.
Which is why I dont offer them more. However, I do buy drinks for them from nearby convenient store. At least doing something that make them feel better, even if its for 5mins. Same with car washer.
allenultra
post May 17 2017, 09:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,026 posts

Most shops will not entertain if you bring your own parts.
Their margin mainly from the parts, not from the labour.

And with the more stringent requirement when come to waste oil disposal (they need to do more work, now need to register with eSwis, else will have issue with DOE).

A barrel of waste oil nowadays, perhaps at around RM45-RM60 (flunctuating). Used to be RM170 few years back.

And with the increasing rate of rental, inflation, labour, etc.
Labour of changing engine oil (where you need to factor in the admin/municipal charges [especially if it come with GST]) shouldn't be cheap anymore nowadays, especially if they pair with some safety inspection check.

Want cheap? Perhaps under the pokok cherry, but I doubt they do any other checking than opening the drain nut, replace the oil filter, and pour in back the engine oil.
Many could DIY themselves to save the cost, but where to dispose the waste oil? I hope not into the drain.
diversity
post May 17 2017, 01:46 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

i got kena cut throat for rm50 before, paid and never go back again
kkk8787
post Nov 11 2017, 09:58 PM

Julyd8th
2,446 posts

Asking recommendation in subang or usj...bring own engine oil n filter place
kkk8787
post Nov 11 2017, 10:05 PM

Julyd8th
2,446 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Mar 26 2017, 10:43 AM)
I went to a car workshop yesterday & they charged me RM21 labour charge just to replace engine oil. 6 months ago, it was RM15.

What is the average labour cost from other workshop to replace engine oil?

Guess the next round, I will change the engine oil myself.
can i know the location. Rm21 seems cheap
alphaz
post Nov 12 2017, 09:43 AM

Casual
406 posts

Usually I DIY oil change, but the two times I was lazy, I was charged RM20 for my Elantra and RM15 for Kancil. The mechanic overfilled the Elantra, I had to drain out the oil myself after I felt the car became sluggish. The mechanic at my kampung still charge RM10 for oil change.
Yong_5290
post Nov 13 2017, 05:44 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

Come on la taukeh of the shop also got mouth to feed , rental to pay , bills to cover

If difference in rm 5-6 makes u susah hati then DIY la
bo093
post Nov 13 2017, 06:28 AM

1,157 posts

I wonder if you guys and gals, would pay slightly more.
For more than an oil change only?
Oil change and full inspection.
mushigen
post Nov 13 2017, 11:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(Yong_5290 @ Nov 13 2017, 05:44 AM)
Come on la taukeh of the shop also got mouth to feed , rental to pay , bills to cover

If difference in rm 5-6 makes u susah hati then DIY la
You don't know how much workshop owners make. RM30 for oil n filter change is basically full profit for the boss, as the gaji for the worker doing the job is fixed.
rupart
post Nov 13 2017, 11:27 AM

Casual
421 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Mar 26 2017, 10:43 AM)
I went to a car workshop yesterday & they charged me RM21 labour charge just to replace engine oil. 6 months ago, it was RM15.

What is the average labour cost from other workshop to replace engine oil?

Guess the next round, I will change the engine oil myself.
the prob is how to discard used engine oil if you diy..dont tell in the drain...go green
twiteroll
post Nov 13 2017, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

honda fd kena 30rm
zeng
post Nov 13 2017, 12:31 PM

Regular
1,760 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Nov 13 2017, 11:24 AM)
You don't know how much workshop owners make. RM30 for oil n filter change is basically full profit for the boss, as the gaji for the worker doing the job is fixed.
Obviously none of your family member ever rent shop space and/or employ a worker ever .......... in your life till todate. bangwall.gif

TSThrust
post Nov 13 2017, 02:18 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,690 posts

QUOTE(rupart @ Nov 13 2017, 11:27 AM)
the prob is how to discard used engine oil if you diy..dont tell in the drain...go green
Just send the used oil to workshop. They will be glad to take them in.

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.67    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:40 PM