Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

FundSuperMart v18 (FSM) MY : Online UT Platform, UT DIY : Babystep to Investing :D

views

vincabby
post Feb 10 2017, 12:37 PM

On my way
664 posts

KLCI breached 1700. is it still gonna go up up up or profit skimming will happen?
vincabby
post Feb 10 2017, 02:52 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(erictham83 @ Feb 10 2017, 02:49 PM)
Hi Sifus, I plan to start invest some of my saving to prepare as future fund for my growing baby.

What fund you all can suggest? I am newbie to unit trust thing.
welcome. this is your first step to a better understanding of how the world works. first things first, do you have an fsm account? next is what are your projected returns you are looking for a year? and what risk can you accept as in, are you ok with 10% returns but also the possiblity of 10% negative returns in a span of three years?
vincabby
post Feb 11 2017, 01:19 PM

On my way
664 posts

contestchris definitely rubs people in the wrong way. its not entirely his fault as words when not spoken but typed might sound different to different people. however, AIYH made a good point, do consider people's feelings or tone it down if possible. If not, you make yourself stand out for all the wrong reasons.
vincabby
post Feb 11 2017, 01:57 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 11 2017, 01:35 PM)
nah this is a non issue because people come and go in fsm threads. the ones that are steady always stick around. those who chase returns always crash and burn, suddenly they find out unit trust investment isn't their best investment vehicle.

as I always say que sera sera. whatever will be will be.
in his case yes, i believe UT is not his place. he goes for stock and his methodology shows that too. he's here due to financial constraints.
vincabby
post Feb 13 2017, 09:34 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 13 2017, 09:21 AM)
hmm.gif this may not be him...

but there are some that first got into so much faith in KGF due to its past performance and good recommendations bought it with full beliefs that it is a sure make money fund. but after having got it, the performance stayed flat, not up to historical expectation, the buyers felt dismayed, despaired at time felt cheated....what to do at that situation, no more faith to buy more again, cannot sell (for will be considered 100% lost)...just hold on with hope that it will recovers.
Now that KGF had recovered it losses or portfolio IRR had beaten FD rate.....some would just want to sell it off due to the "BAD experience" they had had.

have seen that for India and China funds during the last 3 years....
regardless, it still is very risky to just go into one fund though.
vincabby
post Feb 13 2017, 09:55 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(prince_mk @ Feb 13 2017, 07:33 AM)
My portfolio consisting of 50% KGF. Shall I trim now as the price went up alot ?
if you are making returns, skim it. as avangelice says, too high allocation percentage.
vincabby
post Feb 13 2017, 03:45 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 13 2017, 03:40 PM)
I think some of us are partly to be blamed for the onslaught of new members concentrating their entire portfolio into Asia ex Japan as we hardly talk about developed countries like US or Japan. I noticed the influx of new members with very Asian centric ports. its worrisome that the stuff we post here makes a huge impact
sure la we trash trump and the world going into recession, who wanna buy? ironic is we each are holding global holdings though we trash talk them to no end.
vincabby
post Feb 13 2017, 05:04 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 13 2017, 04:56 PM)
Malaysia among countries that could be Trump’s next trade war targets

Screener
Malaysia among countries that could be Trump’s next trade war targets
TheEdge Mon, Feb 13, 2017
(Feb 13): Malaysia, India, Indonesia and Vietnam have largely escaped US President Donald Trump’s glare on trade, but he may yet come looking. The US runs trade deficits with all of them, in some cases quite big ones.

Trump’s exit from the 12-nation Trans-Pacific Partnership, his attacks on the trade policies of Japan, China and South Korea, and a Republican push for tax reforms that would impose a levy on US imports from all countries are contributing to concerns that a protectionist era will hurt growth.

Countries that the US runs trade deficits with may be particularly vulnerable to attack. Peter Navarro, the head of Trump’s National Trade Council, and Commerce Secretary-nominee Wilbur Ross last year wrote a paper where they pinpointed America’s trade gaps as a cause for what they described as its “slow growth plunge.”

“Almost every country in Asia exports somewhere between an awful lot and a lot to the United States,” said Deborah Elms, executive director of the Asian Trade Centre, a Singapore-based consultancy. “Trade deficits are a problem. At any moment there could be an angry Donald Trump in your face or a Twitter coming your way. Have other countries woken up to this problem? Perhaps not.”

http://www.klsescreener.com/v2/news/view/191615

this may be the catalysts of a recession
sell sell sell!
vincabby
post Feb 14 2017, 11:03 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(puchongite @ Feb 14 2017, 10:59 AM)
Yes I don't believe in this idea of "skim profit" thing which is often talked about in this thread, mentioned by many people.

"skimming profit" is just effectively "reduce your investment or exposure" in a fund.

The worst is that "skimming profit" gives people an impression as if the capital can be protected by doing "skimming profit". Which it can't !
so with you it's all or nothing then? in terms of taking it out.
vincabby
post Feb 14 2017, 11:16 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(AIYH @ Feb 14 2017, 11:08 AM)
Skimming profit effectively reduce your chance for future growth.

Reinvesting the profit elsewhere will also charge you SC (in UT) or commissions (in stock trading)

If you believe the region is going to bearish soon, sell all will be better than skim profit since you will still expose your capital to the bearish risk
got it thanks.
vincabby
post Feb 14 2017, 02:24 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Feb 14 2017, 02:06 PM)
When gold price tumbles and some reported loss of nearly 50% in this fund, the cursing started aloud.
Now this fund has turned into a blessing?
A little sarcastic perhaps!
up and down is part of life in market. rhb smart treasure had his great year, then was shit after. rhb gold same la. always go for fundamentals, not what people is shouting.
vincabby
post Feb 15 2017, 09:04 AM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(2387581 @ Feb 14 2017, 09:02 PM)
Says someone who speaks of switching/sell-buy on a weekly basis. yawn.gif
ok la..give him credit for speaking the truth. he may not do it the old school UT way but that remark is correct so points given for that.
vincabby
post Feb 15 2017, 05:20 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(shankar_dass93 @ Feb 15 2017, 05:17 PM)
sweat.gif
So I'm planning to get into Kenanga Growth Fund, what's everyones take on this ?
the graph shows a very steep mountain going upwards for now, maybe buy when it drops by a bit? seems high to me. I would see anytime soon.
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 02:38 PM

On my way
664 posts

FRESH MEAT! FRESH MEAT FOR THE GRINDER! I mean..welcome all new investors!
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 02:47 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(T231H @ Feb 20 2017, 02:44 PM)
be careful of what you wished for.... brows.gif  brows.gif
most would like to jump on the current wagon.....when the markets corrects, most would curse and swear that this thread is 'tipu" full of conman.... devil.gif
i mirror this. right now all is rosy and peachy, anything said is gold nuggets. when the downfall comes, nothing we say will change the fact we are 'conman', 'con'-sultant, and other nice names.
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 03:00 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Steven7 @ Feb 20 2017, 02:57 PM)
I was referred here by some forumer in another thread Fund Investment Corner v3. To answer your question, my risk profile is Balanced and I have roughly 30 years before retirement as I am 26 this year. Okay I will try to contact FSM guys and see what they come up with.

Thanks for all the replies and hope guys welcome "new" investors here. smile.gif
we welcome anyone with every intention to be financially free. welcome! avangelice there jsut find it odd we get so much influx of new faces when usually it's the same bunch of people.
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 03:07 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Avangelice @ Feb 20 2017, 03:01 PM)
sausage fest if I might say.
bro, if say ur gf come here and spend time in this forum, you also pelik right? not that I dun wan ladies to stand up for their finances, but mostly guys would do the initial checking esp lowyat. so new comers, got gf plz bring them in to discuss. psst, bro your gf also la.. brows.gif
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 03:13 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Ramjade @ Feb 20 2017, 03:09 PM)
Actually is wife to be. biggrin.gif
blink.gif u even know this ??
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 03:14 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Steven7 @ Feb 20 2017, 03:10 PM)
Thanks I am glad I have this thread to educate me on UT. BTW FSM reply real fast..they came up with this portfolio for me

Eastspring Investments Equity Income Fund 15%
RHB Asian Income Fund 15%
CIMB Principal Asia Pacific Dynamic Income Fund 15%
CIMB Principal Global Titan Funds 15%
Libra Asnita Bond Fund 20%
Affin Hwang Select Bond Fund 20%

Any comments on these from all the sifus here?
funny they left out kenanga. i wonder why
vincabby
post Feb 20 2017, 03:35 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(Steven7 @ Feb 20 2017, 03:28 PM)
You are spot-on. Perhaps I should list out my situation again, I am on Balanced risk profile, aiming to invest a lump sum (~50k) long term till retirement (topup will still happen time to time). So I guess should look into Kenanga as well, and BTW how diversified you guys are, is having 7 funds on my portfolio...too over? too little?
should be just right. in terms of bonds, i follow the rule of percentage according to your age, example, if you are 26, your portfolio should have 26% of bonds and when you get older, it increases. But that is just me. i think others don't have this rule. just anything they are comfy with.

7 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0320sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:48 PM