Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maxis VoLTE, When will maxis having this features?

views

vash_h
post Nov 2 2017, 03:55 PM

5 posts

honestly i believe WIFI calling is more important than VoLTE.. honestly.. i do not see a point in VoLTE, except better call quality. what do you want to do over the phone? listen to CD quality audio like the old days where u dial a 600-premium telephone number and select to listen to certain songs.

PLEASE maxis.. roll out WIFI calling.

i am currently on umobile, and u have no idea how much i saved using wifi calling when i am abroad for work. usually when i am abroad i am required to purchase local sim card for that country. having said that, thats to make calls to customers and receive calls from them in that country. To call my sweet heart back home, i return to hotel, connect to hotel wifi.. viola.. i can make phone calls to my darling just as if i never left malaysia.

we could use whatsapp call mah, why wifi calling? well, my darling unifi is extremely slow. too slow for even whatsapp voice call. needless to say about whatsapp video calls. i tried telegram call, duo call, facebook calls.. traditional call to her is the best, for me anyway.

another scenario, which is irritating. my office, maxis is horrible. the moment i walk out of the office, BOOM.. 4G+ enter office.. 1 to zero bar.. then it will go to H+.. then H.. then no signal. oddly umobile is rather strong in my office, at least in my cubicle. 4G with 3 bars.. walk out of office 4 bars. could be the spectrum used is not so good for penetrating walls.

connect to office wifi.. wifi calling is perfect.

now, if only i can have wifi calling on my company phone line, maxis, it will be purrrrrrfect.
fkinmeng
post Nov 3 2017, 05:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,981 posts

QUOTE(vash_h @ Nov 2 2017, 03:55 PM)
honestly i believe WIFI calling is more important than VoLTE.. honestly.. i do not see a point in VoLTE, except better call quality. what do you want to do over the phone? listen to CD quality audio like the old days where u dial a 600-premium telephone number and select to listen to certain songs.

PLEASE maxis.. roll out WIFI calling.

i am currently on umobile, and u have no idea how much i saved using wifi calling when i am abroad for work. usually when i am abroad i am required to purchase local sim card for that country. having said that, thats to make calls to customers and receive calls from them in that country. To call my sweet heart back home, i return to hotel, connect to hotel wifi.. viola.. i can make phone calls to my darling just as if i never left malaysia.

we could use whatsapp call mah, why wifi calling? well, my darling unifi is extremely slow. too slow for even whatsapp voice call. needless to say about whatsapp video calls. i tried telegram call, duo call, facebook calls.. traditional call to her is the best, for me anyway.

another scenario,  which is irritating. my office, maxis is horrible. the moment i walk out of the office, BOOM.. 4G+ enter office.. 1 to zero bar.. then it will go to H+.. then H.. then no signal. oddly umobile is rather strong in my office, at least in my cubicle. 4G with 3 bars.. walk out of office 4 bars. could be the spectrum used is not so good for penetrating walls.

connect to office wifi.. wifi calling is perfect.

now, if only i can have wifi calling on my company phone line, maxis, it will be purrrrrrfect.
You see, you want wifi calling because you want to save money.

You think maxis will give you something that can save your money? laugh.gif
darrenboy
post Nov 5 2017, 05:52 PM

Enthusiast
703 posts

So, maxis and Hotlink don't have wifi calling? I see, no wonder the maxis staffs are blurr when we asked them about wifi calling.
Xaser_3
post Nov 5 2017, 09:02 PM

Because I Fly, I envy no man on earth...
9,800 posts

QUOTE(darrenboy @ Nov 5 2017, 05:52 PM)
So, maxis and Hotlink don't have wifi calling? I see, no wonder the maxis staffs are blurr when we asked them about wifi calling.
Only Umobile and YES have wifi calling if I am not mistaken
MilesAndMore
post Nov 5 2017, 10:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,139 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Nov 5 2017, 09:02 PM)
Only Umobile and YES have wifi calling if I am not mistaken
And DiGi too
Xaser_3
post Nov 5 2017, 11:12 PM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Nov 5 2017, 10:04 PM)
And DiGi too
I didn't know that DiGi has wifi calling. Thought they only have VoLTE.
Chrono-Trigger
post Nov 6 2017, 09:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,943 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Nov 5 2017, 11:12 PM)
I didn't know that DiGi has wifi calling. Thought they only have VoLTE.
Digi has.
Xaser_3
post Nov 6 2017, 09:13 AM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 6 2017, 09:12 AM)
Digi has.
Cool. Thank you for sharing. Let me check it out.
Chrono-Trigger
post Nov 6 2017, 09:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,943 posts

QUOTE(Xaser_3 @ Nov 6 2017, 09:13 AM)
Cool. Thank you for sharing. Let me check it out.
I don't find it that useful though. I prefer Facetime audio, clearer voice. whatsapp call is very unstable to me, don't really use it.
nyunyu
post Nov 12 2017, 12:30 PM

His Royal Highness
1,254 posts

Anyone know when would Celcom roll out wifi calling? Damn hard to do online banking overseas when there are no mobile network. Can't receive TAC.
Xaser_3
post Nov 12 2017, 12:41 PM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Nov 12 2017, 12:30 PM)
Anyone know when would Celcom roll out wifi calling? Damn hard to do online banking overseas when there are no mobile network. Can't receive TAC.
Yes it is really an inconvenience when one is overseas. Wifi calling would ensure that the TAC sms notifications are well received?
nelss
post Nov 29 2017, 06:43 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Nov 6 2017, 09:12 AM)
Digi has.
However Digi's wifi calling cannot be used when you are on roaming >> https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Network/En...ne-6/ta-p/28055
See FAQ Q9
Xaser_3
post Nov 29 2017, 07:51 PM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(nelss @ Nov 29 2017, 06:43 PM)
However Digi's wifi calling cannot be used when you are on roaming >>  https://community.digi.com.my/t5/Network/En...ne-6/ta-p/28055
See FAQ Q9
What bummer. It had to come with limitations.
shyuanshyuan
post Dec 12 2017, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

QUOTE(leongsem @ Oct 13 2017, 02:21 PM)
still no date for maxis VOLTE
This still valid after two months? I guess so.. :/
Xaser_3
post Dec 12 2017, 08:02 AM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(shyuanshyuan @ Dec 12 2017, 01:19 AM)
Good morning. Your guess is as good as mine. We are still waiting patiently for Maxis to roll it out.
leongsem
post Dec 12 2017, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,545 posts

QUOTE(shyuanshyuan @ Dec 12 2017, 01:19 AM)
haha, two months, and two months
stark1234
post Dec 12 2017, 04:02 PM

24 posts

maxis better roll out nicely, unlike the u-mobile and digi.

volte supposed to have faster call setup time, and crystal clear voice, unfortunately u-mobile and digi volte is the reverse, longer setup time and voice hmm.gif seems like no difference
Xaser_3
post Dec 12 2017, 04:24 PM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(stark1234 @ Dec 12 2017, 04:02 PM)

volte supposed to have faster call setup time, and crystal clear voice, unfortunately u-mobile and digi volte is the reverse, longer setup time and voice  hmm.gif  seems like no difference
That is true and sad. Hope Maxis lives up to it's standard since being the most expensive carrier.
Hummingbird
post Dec 16 2017, 06:06 PM

Enthusiast
818 posts

QUOTE(stark1234 @ Dec 12 2017, 04:02 PM)

volte supposed to have faster call setup time, and crystal clear voice, unfortunately u-mobile and digi volte is the reverse, longer setup time and voice  hmm.gif  seems like no difference
I am enjoying VoLTE and VoWiFi on Digi network. Both of the services are awesome but like what people mentioned previously, the cons is that Digi disables VoWiFi while roaming outside of Malaysia.

Xaser_3
post Dec 18 2017, 06:43 PM

9,800 posts

QUOTE(Hummingbird @ Dec 16 2017, 06:06 PM)
I am enjoying VoLTE and VoWiFi on Digi network. Both of the services are awesome but like what people mentioned previously, the cons is that Digi disables VoWiFi while roaming outside of Malaysia.
Bro, out of curiosity, are you by any chance using iPhone?

41 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.84    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2021 - 08:48 PM