Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

76 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MacBook Pro Retina with touch bar User Thread V3, All you can feedback here as well

views

Hanabi12
post Jan 16 2017, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 16 2017, 10:38 AM)
Where you bought it?
My colleague bought something from Amazon. So i tumpang to buy
nm7
post Jan 16 2017, 06:28 PM

Getting Started

I actually can't get the functionality concept of the touchbar.

If you tell me there is a set of virtual keys on say a mobile phone. I kinda agree it works because you are looking at where you type. But having it on a laptop where you are bound to have to lower your vision to visually get a view of the touchbar in order to use it is kind of an annoyance to me. More so especially with auto correction. Not to mention not touch typist friendly in the first place. Maybe force touch can be added later.

Other than pure novelty, and possibly another part that fails. I don't really know what to make of it.

Don't really like butterfly switch keyboards as well.
kokhoong0624
post Jan 16 2017, 07:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nm7 @ Jan 16 2017, 06:28 PM)

If you tell me there is a set of virtual keys on say a mobile phone. I kinda agree it works because you are looking at where you type. But having it on a laptop where you are bound to have to lower your vision to visually get a view of the touchbar in order to use it is kind of an annoyance to me. More so especially with auto correction. Not to mention not touch typist friendly in the first place. Maybe force touch can be added later.

Other than pure novelty, and possibly another part that fails. I don't really know what to make of it.

Force touch would complicate the touch bar even more. And the touchbar is at your peripheral vision so you don't really have to "look down" and view it. The auto correction is stupid but the history viewer/filter silder in Photoshop with touch bar is great. It depends on how well developed the app is and I believe it will just get better over time.

The butterfly switch keyboard takes some time to get used to... and I don't know but it's the best keyboard I've ever used.

Do you own one? blink.gif
Can return if you not happy and bought from Apple..
Crusader
post Jan 16 2017, 08:20 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 16 2017, 07:47 PM)
Force touch would complicate the touch bar even more. And the touchbar is at your peripheral vision so you don't really have to "look down" and view it. The auto correction is stupid but the history viewer/filter silder in Photoshop with touch bar is great. It depends on how well developed the app is and I believe it will just get better over time.

The butterfly switch keyboard takes some time to get used to... and I don't know but it's the best keyboard I've ever used.

Do you own one?  blink.gif
I fell in love with the keyboard immediately. I have no bad feeling about the touch bar either. Looking down slightly while using my notebook is not a big deal for me. biggrin.gif And I bought it after I tried this 2 features.
Boykidz93
post Jan 17 2017, 02:41 AM

iKnow uJealous, Look at my starS

For the touch bar, it is slightly controversial some may find it useless, some may find in useful. but I strongly disagree with your keyboard point. The keyboard is the best keyboard I ever experience on a laptop. hahaha biggrin.gif
asamalikum
post Jan 17 2017, 09:40 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(Boykidz93 @ Jan 17 2017, 02:41 AM)
For the touch bar, it is slightly controversial some may find it useless, some may find in useful. but I strongly disagree with your keyboard point. The keyboard is the best keyboard I ever experience on a laptop. hahaha biggrin.gif
Love the keyboard.
asamalikum
post Jan 17 2017, 09:43 AM

Enthusiast

Give it sometimes. You'll love the keyboard, although it takes me 2 hrs to fall in love.
nm7
post Jan 17 2017, 10:09 AM

Getting Started

It depends on the height which you are sitting and the height your laptop is placed. Typically, if your screen is opened at a wide angle, then you are just staring down at the laptop from way up top and it would most probably not be an issue.

But typical work desk height would not place be those scenario and you end up having to shift your vision away from the screen just to pay attention to the touchbar especially if you use the function keys a lot. And without being able to feel the keys, you are quite much forced to look at it before touching.

That is how i feel. But then, i was looking at 15". Maybe a 13" might be a bit better with the slightly reduced screen height.

Do you own one?  blink.gif
Almost. How to return if i am not happy. Not like they have 30 day money back guarantee.

QUOTE(Boykidz93 @ Jan 17 2017, 02:41 AM)
It is not that it is useless. It just feels more gimmicky than it is functional. But, then that is just how all things are with Apple anyways.

I don't know about the statement of "best keyboard". But, it sure ain't my favourite.

QUOTE(asamalikum @ Jan 17 2017, 09:43 AM)
Give it sometimes. You'll love the keyboard, although it takes me 2 hrs to fall in love.
I had a loaner for the best part of a week. Still can't find myself liking it.

Having no travel in the keys is like just very abnormal. I understand the need to make the entire package thinner. But, i just personally think they went too far with the keyboard.

And best part of all things. Wintel lappies will follow that trend.
asamalikum
post Jan 17 2017, 10:23 AM

Enthusiast

Isn't hand phone keyboard even narrower? And our muscle has gotten used to it after a while. You'll be fine bro 😃
cHaRsIeWpAu^^
post Jan 17 2017, 01:23 PM

Enthusiast

my view on touchbar:

i guess its mainly meant for photo/video/music editting, the workflow will be much more smoother than you using mouse/trackpad.

other than that like word prediction or options, i dont find it useful. biggrin.gif
nm7
post Jan 17 2017, 02:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(cHaRsIeWpAu^^ @ Jan 17 2017, 01:23 PM)
my view on touchbar:

i guess its mainly meant for photo/video/music editting, the workflow will be much more smoother than you using mouse/trackpad.

other than that like word prediction or options, i dont find it useful. biggrin.gif
I didn't get to test that in a mac shop cos they don't have those stuff installed. Just the base OS.

I did not mess with my loaner as well because it belongs to someone and they don't need those stuff on it.

I think there is some use. Obviously not something that a touch typist might typically use like you mention. Something that won't bother someone by looking down at it before they make selections on the bar.
kokhoong0624
post Jan 18 2017, 12:55 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(nm7 @ Jan 17 2017, 10:09 AM)
It depends on the height which you are sitting and the height your laptop is placed. Typically, if your screen is opened at a wide angle, then you are just staring down at the laptop from way up top and it would most probably not be an issue.

But typical work desk height would not place be those scenario and you end up having to shift your vision away from the screen just to pay attention to the touchbar especially if you use the function keys a lot. And without being able to feel the keys, you are quite much forced to look at it before touching.

That is how i feel. But then, i was looking at 15". Maybe a 13" might be a bit better with the slightly reduced screen height.
Almost. How to return if i am not happy. Not like they have 30 day money back guarantee.
It is not that it is useless. It just feels more gimmicky than it is functional. But, then that is just how all things are with Apple anyways.

I don't know about the statement of "best keyboard". But, it sure ain't my favourite.
I had a loaner for the best part of a week. Still can't find myself liking it.

Having no travel in the keys is like just very abnormal. I understand the need to make the entire package thinner. But, i just personally think they went too far with the keyboard.

And best part of all things. Wintel lappies will follow that trend.
I got a 15inch one for one week and then I returned it because I think the space grey looks tacky. And now I ordered a silver one haha the return it's not 30 days but I think about 14.
Attached Image

Not a developer, can't say much bout how much the function key is going to matter but i believe if you use it long enough, you can touch type on it like how I could on an iphone.. just a little after a week i can already adjust brightness and volume without looking at it.
About the keyboard, its controversial, but it's by far the fastest and best keyboard I can type on. And i love the short travel.... it makes me type faster in one sense with lesser effort. My speed considerably improved to 86wpm lolol from 80 on the older MacBook pro

This post has been edited by kokhoong0624: Jan 18 2017, 12:57 AM
nm7
post Jan 18 2017, 10:02 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Jan 18 2017, 12:55 AM)
I got a 15inch one for one week and then I returned it because I think the space grey looks tacky. And now I ordered a silver one haha the return it's not 30 days but I think about 14.
Attached Image

Not a developer, can't say much bout how much the function key is going to matter but i believe if you use it long enough, you can touch type on it like how I could on an iphone.. just a little after a week i can already adjust brightness and volume without looking at it.
About the keyboard, its controversial, but it's by far the fastest and best keyboard I can type on. And i love the short travel.... it makes me type faster in one sense with lesser effort. My speed considerably improved to 86wpm lolol from 80 on the older MacBook pro
I guess different people has different needs.

Maybe Apple did struck gold with this with the majority of people. I just can't get the hang of it.

Not to mention the price.

This post has been edited by nm7: Jan 18 2017, 10:02 AM
kappa500
post Jan 18 2017, 10:44 AM

Attached Image

The keyboard i still can accept and used to it but the Up Down arrow key is the worst.
You can try press it gently with same light pressure like other keys and it is not always triggered even clicking.
I am a programmer so i use this key very frequently, so i am quite upset about this.
Other then that is a good laptop.
Crusader
post Jan 18 2017, 02:31 PM

On my way

Managed to improve my battery significantly after I checked the "Automatically graphics switching" box in the Energy saving setup.
Damn... don't know when or why I unchecked it earlier.
riderz135
post Jan 18 2017, 03:21 PM

Getting Started

boys, currently looking to purchase macbook pro tb cases and screen protectors...can any1 recommend me a good shop ? ... i wan put full transparent coat all over the lappy....scared it scratch my precious ... haha .... thanks smile.gif
kokhoong0624
post Jan 18 2017, 03:47 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(riderz135 @ Jan 18 2017, 03:21 PM)
boys, currently looking to purchase macbook pro tb cases and screen protectors...can any1 recommend me a good shop ? ... i wan put full transparent coat all over the lappy....scared it scratch my precious ... haha .... thanks smile.gif
You mean sticker? I bought from taobao and slick wraps.
Don't recommend screen protector cause the screen might be very reflective after that.
Get radtech screensavrz to protect the screen. haha
dino89
post Jan 18 2017, 09:21 PM

Dino89 Trading

Attached Image

Oh I didnt know that the return policy also apply in Malaysia biggrin.gif
But RM13k for a laptop cry.gif
alien3d
post Jan 18 2017, 11:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!

the touch icon are kinda not much effect.They want to promote apple touch +nfc .So you can pay online via macbook?Apple Pay..

Boykidz93
post Jan 18 2017, 11:48 PM

iKnow uJealous, Look at my starS

QUOTE(dino89 @ Jan 18 2017, 09:21 PM)
Oh I didnt know that the return policy also apply in Malaysia biggrin.gif
But RM13k for a laptop cry.gif
Yup. but only purchase directly from Apple Store online biggrin.gif not only for Mac, but other product like iPhone, iPad and etc biggrin.gif

76 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0806sec    1.93    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 11:06 PM