Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Continental CC6, Any Review?

views

wkc5657
post Dec 14 2017, 05:26 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(zeng @ Dec 13 2017, 12:48 PM)
I did 5.5 years with around 110k km with XM2 ....tread left was more than 2 mm.
ohmy.gif notworthy.gif
6UE5T
post Dec 14 2017, 06:07 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(ahsam1212 @ Dec 13 2017, 10:46 AM)
150k km? Can really last that long? My tyres 60k gone most of the times
QUOTE(zeng @ Dec 13 2017, 12:48 PM)
I did 5.5 years with around 110k km with XM2 ....tread left was more than 2 mm.
Those eco tires do last long as durability is one of their main focus (targeting those who do not want to spend much on tires) but to last that long probably also because of relatively lighter weight cars and not driving & cornering fast at all. Like the previous tires on my wife's car (the crappy Continental CC series), they also show very little wear rate coz she drives slow. Most of the wear was done when I was still driving it in the first 1 year of 20k km mileage, so I worn off the tires more in 20k km compared to her in the next 45k km! laugh.gif
kurty
post Dec 15 2017, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

I'm on CC6 for the last 6000km, do you guys find it kinda slippery ?
i had a skid when i was driving in a carpark while making a turn.

regnox
post Dec 15 2017, 02:36 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kurty @ Dec 15 2017, 02:34 PM)
Yesss.. very slippery.. but surprisingly stable on highway going through puddle at speed

kurty
post Dec 15 2017, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(regnox @ Dec 15 2017, 02:36 PM)
Yesss.. very slippery.. but surprisingly stable on highway going through puddle at speed
damn, i thought what was wrong.

stable on highway? you sure..
i had to avoid going puddle at all cost, the tyre will skid towards my right side..

what size are you on?
regnox
post Dec 15 2017, 06:42 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kurty @ Dec 15 2017, 02:59 PM)
damn, i thought what was wrong.

stable on highway? you sure..
i had to avoid going puddle at all cost, the tyre will skid towards my right side..

what size are you on?
195/65r15
Yeah highway steady.. just cornering is shit
6UE5T
post Dec 15 2017, 07:17 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(kurty @ Dec 15 2017, 02:34 PM)
What to expect?? It's Continental's lowest range tire la, of course the grip is the shittiest too! laugh.gif Corner just a bit faster already making all kinds of squeaking noises and loosing grip in the process, very bad grip performance no matter dry or wet, but again typical of this kind of low end range tires, only cares about softness and low noise while no good for anything else which are more important.
kurty
post Dec 18 2017, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 15 2017, 07:17 PM)
What to expect?? It's Continental's lowest range tire la, of course the grip is the shittiest too!  laugh.gif  Corner just a bit faster already making all kinds of squeaking noises and loosing grip in the process, very bad grip performance no matter dry or wet, but again typical of this kind of low end range tires, only cares about softness and low noise while no good for anything else which are more important.
serious, didn't know this.

first time buying continental's tyre, its a decent tyre but really will squeak and dont perform that well in wet.

Yes, its really comfortable and quiet as compared to my previous kumho.

no choice then, slowly drive loh icon_rolleyes.gif
6UE5T
post Dec 18 2017, 03:09 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(kurty @ Dec 18 2017, 08:33 AM)
serious, didn't know this.

first time buying continental's tyre, its a decent tyre but really will squeak and dont perform that well in wet.

Yes, its really comfortable and quiet as compared to my previous kumho.

no choice then, slowly drive loh  icon_rolleyes.gif
Kumho is even worse, no good whatsoever. laugh.gif Buy Hankook!

QUOTE(WilliamTH97 @ Dec 18 2017, 01:14 PM)
Is CC6 still the best tyre currently under Continential? Or there are other newer products being released already? Because so far I only heard people talking about CC6 or UC6, but those are out in the market one year ago liao, if got newer ones maybe I will try try and see see.
To the contrary, CC6 & UC6 are the lowest, shittiest range from Continental! laugh.gif Want good Continental tires then go with CSC5/6, or at the very least the new CPC6, and maybe the MC6 (but not MC5).

QUOTE(CallMeBen @ Dec 18 2017, 02:16 PM)
So far the latest tyres for Continential in Malaysia is still the same CC6 and UC6 since we don't use any of the WinterContact types over here. You can give them a try if you want where the difference between CC6 and UC6 is that UC6 has better grip in wet condition but then the price is almost double of CC6.
Newest/latest doesn't necessarily mean better, you need to look at the product range position if they're low range econo models like these 2 or mid range, or high performance range. Read my comment above. Btw their newest is no more CC6/UC6 but MC6 & Extreme Contact.

wkc5657
post Dec 19 2017, 11:54 AM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 18 2017, 03:09 PM)
Kumho is even worse, no good whatsoever.  laugh.gif  Buy Hankook!
Kumho died...almost :
https://www.ft.com/content/0fc42ee6-a4ed-11...4f-7f5e6a7c98a2

Continental tyres malaysia also one kind, until now also don't want to update their website for new product offerings. Normal regular non enthusiast consumer mana tau doh.gif
6UE5T
post Dec 19 2017, 03:29 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Dec 19 2017, 11:54 AM)
Kumho died...almost :
https://www.ft.com/content/0fc42ee6-a4ed-11...4f-7f5e6a7c98a2

Continental tyres malaysia also one kind, until now also don't want to update their website for new product offerings. Normal regular non enthusiast consumer mana tau  doh.gif
Not surprised, despite Kumho already being in the industry for quite long but it doesn't seem to improve much from the product standpoint. Hankook on the other hand already got top of the line models that can challenge the well known top tires.

Hahaha, yeah Conti MY has not yet put up even the MC6 there despite this line up is specifically launched for the MY market! However its FB seems quite active though, promoting all the newer line ups.
wkc5657
post Dec 19 2017, 04:14 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 19 2017, 03:29 PM)
Hahaha, yeah Conti MY has not yet put up even the MC6 there despite this line up is specifically launched for the MY market! However its FB seems quite active though, promoting all the newer line ups.
As for me and those non facebook kaki, mana tau got promotion or new product?

In my opinion, their marketing department seems to put the priorities wrong, official website should always be the most update to date.
6UE5T
post Dec 19 2017, 04:29 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Dec 19 2017, 04:14 PM)
As for me and those non facebook kaki, mana tau got promotion or new product?

In my opinion, their marketing department seems to put the priorities wrong, official website should always be the most update to date.
Yup agree, official website must be the first priority to update the soonest. Coz that is where all the spec and size information should be and where people would search for sizes availability.
sewe
post Dec 20 2017, 09:32 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 18 2017, 03:09 PM)
Kumho is even worse, no good whatsoever.  laugh.gif  Buy Hankook!
To the contrary, CC6 & UC6 are the lowest, shittiest range from Continental!  laugh.gif  Want good Continental tires then go with CSC5/6, or at the very least the new CPC6, and maybe the MC6 (but not MC5).
Newest/latest doesn't necessarily mean better, you need to look at the product range position if they're low range econo models like these 2 or mid range, or high performance range. Read my comment above. Btw their newest is no more CC6/UC6 but MC6 & Extreme Contact.
i think most ppl using cc6 becoz the price is lowest among all conti model. biggrin.gif
the quality still above those budget tyre.
but agree with u if got more budget should try MC6.

6UE5T
post Dec 21 2017, 01:16 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(sewe @ Dec 20 2017, 09:32 PM)
i think most ppl using cc6 becoz the price is lowest among all conti model. biggrin.gif
the quality still above those budget tyre.
but agree with u if got more budget should try MC6.
You can consider CC series ONLY if you don't have other better tires available for your size. Otherwise just forget it coz it's crap!
6UE5T
post Dec 21 2017, 10:54 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(SilentStorm @ Dec 21 2017, 09:37 AM)
To be honest the aquaplaning part of UC6 wasn't even that good to begin with as after awhile you will notice that the tyres are unable to stop down fully within a short time even if you step hard on the brake already. It can be quite dangerous if you are already used to slowly down only when the distance is near as you might overestimate the capability of your tyres.
That is also because the rubber compound is not having good wet traction. It's a hard compound made for longer lasting but no good for anything else!

QUOTE(SilentStorm @ Dec 21 2017, 09:40 AM)
The CC series is like the really budget type ones, made for those who don't want to spend so much but still prefer to get an original tyre. As the price is cheaper then don't expect it to be as durable as the other type of brands such as Dunlop, usually after one year need to change already. So I would prefer to get a more expensive one that can last longer.
To the contrary, as per my comments above, the CC series actually is a very durable tire that will last very long coz it's using harder compound BUT the grip either dry or wet is very poor! Good performance tires always use relatively softer compounds (tread wear rating 320 or below), that's why the rubber can grip the road surface much better, but they would not last as long. Harder rubber on the other hand would not grip as good, as evident also when tires are getting older and the rubber gets even hardened, the grip level keeps deteriorating. Dunlop like any other tire brands also makes all ranges of tires, from shit level ones similar to the Continental CC series to the high performance ones (Dunlop Sportmaxx series), so you cannot just generalize that Dunlop is better. You need see what product range and compare apple-to-apple.
SentryWarX
post Dec 22 2017, 04:36 PM

35 posts

This is not helping lol, i'm not too familiar with tires. Ive only been reading about the hype on the CC6. so for the price range of the CC6, if you were given a choice what tyre would you go for? (budget)

175/65R14
zhentan
post Dec 23 2017, 08:52 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(ChewFC @ Dec 21 2017, 08:59 AM)
Viking is like the sister company of Continential right? So the quality should be almost the same.
but conti is premium tyres quality and performance far better than budget tyres especially like cpc6 model.
i ever use budget tyre but very noise.
zhentan
post Dec 23 2017, 08:56 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Dec 21 2017, 10:54 AM)
That is also because the rubber compound is not having good wet traction. It's a hard compound made for longer lasting but no good for anything else!
To the contrary, as per my comments above, the CC series actually is a very durable tire that will last very long coz it's using harder compound BUT the grip either dry or wet is very poor! Good performance tires always use relatively softer compounds (tread wear rating 320 or below), that's why the rubber can grip the road surface much better, but they would not last as long. Harder rubber on the other hand would not grip as good, as evident also when tires are getting older and the rubber gets even hardened, the grip level keeps deteriorating. Dunlop like any other tire brands also makes all ranges of tires, from shit level ones similar to the Continental CC series to the high performance ones (Dunlop Sportmaxx series), so you cannot just generalize that Dunlop is better. You need see what product range and compare apple-to-apple.
i think it depends on wat u want actually, if want basis performance just go for cheaper model like cc6.
but for me gd perfomace and quality is more important than price.
jolinjolin
post Dec 23 2017, 09:54 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(SilentStorm @ Dec 21 2017, 09:37 AM)
To be honest the aquaplaning part of UC6 wasn't even that good to begin with as after awhile you will notice that the tyres are unable to stop down fully within a short time even if you step hard on the brake already. It can be quite dangerous if you are already used to slowly down only when the distance is near as you might overestimate the capability of your tyres.
so far i use uc6 is quite ok in wet road braking, but they said now mc6 has better performance than uc6.
it combines the spec of both cc6 and uc6. so should be more comfortable when driving.

37 Pages « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:54 PM