48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Schlumberger, anyone work there?

views

Jasmine Chew
post May 25 2008, 08:50 PM

9 posts

QUOTE(elonjoy @ May 25 2008, 12:52 PM)
Just to share experience on the Shlumberger interview. I manage to go only up to the 2nd phase;

1. 1st round was not that difficult. They will ask you some normal question, regarding your achievement, your degree, your life etc. Be prepare to goreng2 during this stage. Its really fun. The lady who interviewed me was a hot chick.. Married ody la...

2. 2nd round. You will be given a group assesment, for mine we need to build a rig that can support 8 golf balls if I am not mistaken where my team failed hehehe.. Too bad..

One thing that I notice for their recruitment policy is they dont really care bout your degree... The point is you need to show that you are the person that they are looking for. They showed some picture of their people who slept on the deck. Guess their job must be like hell. The lady also told me that she was not even allowed to go back for her wedding day, up until the day before the occasion. It is true then that you will have poket penuh but live like hell...
wao..cool...basically this is what i am looking for...bcoz for fresh grad like me...i really weak in all this thingy..sniff sniff
boxsystem
post May 26 2008, 03:09 PM

Legend
1,573 posts

I'm attending for FE's First/Group Interview at Rohas Perkasa tomorrow morning. Any tips that can be shared? I've been longing for the job since way before I graduated. I'm all nervy about the interview and having low self esteem. Help please.
vinoth
post May 26 2008, 03:23 PM

Casual
494 posts

any future for electronics engineer in SLB or any other O & G companies?
boxsystem
post May 26 2008, 03:29 PM

Legend
1,573 posts

QUOTE(vinoth @ May 26 2008, 03:23 PM)
any future for electronics engineer in SLB or any other O & G companies?
I took electronics even majoring in computer engineering. There are future for us electronics engineer.
vinoth
post May 26 2008, 03:30 PM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(boxsystem @ May 26 2008, 03:29 PM)
I took electronics even majoring in computer engineering. There are future for us electronics engineer.
so, r u working in an O & G company?
boxsystem
post May 26 2008, 04:07 PM

Legend
1,573 posts

QUOTE(vinoth @ May 26 2008, 03:30 PM)
so, r u working in an O & G company?
No, I don't but O&G doesn't look at your engineering type but your aptitude.
bogartT
post May 26 2008, 04:15 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

agreed..

This post has been edited by bogartT: May 27 2008, 03:29 PM
evilizlan
post May 28 2008, 03:56 PM

10 posts

for ur info, applying online sure wil make u suffer, waiting for them to reply... just findout from their hq, when wil b their next intervw... my friend, applying at their hq have been called after a year dropping resume... n he has attendd the 4th intervw at kemaman base on last 26th...

n this is the levels of the intervw;

1st: aptitude test (this is a very crucial part as this wil tell them either ur brain is cream or an iceberg) consisting of some addmath, some math, english test (kbkk for sure), simple physics, simple electrics n electronics... dun 4get to bring ur scientific calculator...

2nd: group intervw (quite easy) - they ask to construct a platform that can support 8 golf balls with height of 1.5m from a4 papers (max 50) and can withstand minimum disturbance. just googling... ull find some ideas...

3rd: 1-1 intervw... sembang-sembang

4th: field assessment, whether u can handle the wrench or not...

5th: medical (dont do drugs - bad 4 ur health n career)... this wil b done at their panel clinic...

n fyi, ur cert is just a ticket for an intervw... all dat matters is ur aptitude test...

Added on May 28, 2008, 4:01 pmor apply for amerada hess, halliburton, talisman, petrobras or others... search for their hq in mys...

This post has been edited by evilizlan: May 28 2008, 04:01 PM
NicholasG5
post Oct 1 2008, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
114 posts

I went for the interview last friday for the position of Network Analyst at SLB. The first interview went well so I was asked to come for a second interview. That one didn't go so well. Couldn't answer many of the questions asked by the Manager. I guess, I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was.

Anyhow, it did make me realise that I have to put more effort and increase my knowledge in this field if I were to succeed. Interest alone isn't enough. It has to be backed up by relevant skills and knowledge. I'm just sad that this realisation didn't hit me before the interview. Would have been great if I got the job though. The interviewers were great. I screwed up. Somehow, I'm still hoping I'd get a call from them saying I was successful. I would gladly accept even if they asked me to join them as an unpaid intern to gauge my performance before they can commit to giving me a real (permanent) job. Working here would've been like a dream come true for me.

Thanks to the person who passed my CV to the hiring manager. Thanks for patiently answering all my incessant queries. Appreciate all that you've done very much man.
ericsson868
post Oct 2 2008, 10:35 AM

34 posts

I applied tru the website too but to no avail also.. quite sometime ago... sigh...
danscsa
post Oct 2 2008, 11:16 AM

Casual
402 posts

i applied but till today no news from them n i am a mechanical engineer graduate

kslee79
post Oct 2 2008, 10:14 PM

Casual
402 posts

No comment here about SLB, but I am happy with Baker. From all the people I meet in my line of job I asked:

People who moved from SLB to Baker - they want more time off
People who mvoed from Baker to SLB - they wan tmore $$$...

Crude, but summarized it well eh?
SKUNK_WORKS
post Oct 2 2008, 11:36 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(danscsa @ Oct 2 2008, 11:16 AM)
i applied but till today no news from them n i am a mechanical engineer graduate
it's still ok.....compare what they do to my little sister....she made it until 2nd stage and qualify for 3rd stage and all of sudden they're don't grant my sister a 3rd stage interview by their HR. Reason: you really want to know what they say? We don't want to give it because we wish it to be that way. She cry all day long because this unfair discrimination.

In the end it end up she's working with KBR and gonna jump into Murphy. Feel glad she do well now. I can say 30% of my family working with this field. Upstream,downstream,power station,utilities. just name it.

This post has been edited by SKUNK_WORKS: Oct 2 2008, 11:48 PM
danscsa
post Oct 3 2008, 12:52 AM

Casual
402 posts

i applied for kbr also online but no news .....hai
anyway congrats to ur family n all r doin really well
dvlzplayground
post Oct 3 2008, 03:29 AM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

after reading this thread, feel scared to work for slb already tongue.gif seems like so much money but no time to spend money~
NicholasG5
post Oct 3 2008, 04:08 AM

Getting Started
114 posts

For fresh grads like me, we can't be complaining; SLB is one of the best places to start our careers. Don't know about experienced workers though.

Haizzz... still sad about the interview..

This post has been edited by NicholasG5: Oct 5 2008, 02:25 PM
franksnitch
post Oct 28 2008, 10:15 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(evilizlan @ May 28 2008, 03:56 PM)
for ur info, applying online sure wil make u suffer, waiting for them to reply... just findout from their hq, when wil b their next intervw... my friend, applying at their hq have been called after a year dropping resume... n he has attendd the 4th intervw at kemaman base on last 26th...

n this is the levels of the intervw;

1st: aptitude test (this is a very crucial part as this wil tell them either ur brain is cream or an iceberg) consisting of some addmath, some math, english test (kbkk for sure), simple physics, simple electrics n electronics... dun 4get to bring ur scientific calculator...

2nd: group intervw (quite easy) - they ask to construct a platform that can support 8 golf balls with height of 1.5m from a4 papers (max 50) and can withstand minimum disturbance. just googling... ull find some ideas...

3rd: 1-1 intervw... sembang-sembang

4th: field assessment, whether u can handle the wrench or not...

5th: medical (dont do drugs - bad 4 ur health n career)... this wil b done at their panel clinic...

n fyi, ur cert is just a ticket for an intervw... all dat matters is ur aptitude test...

Added on May 28, 2008, 4:01 pmor apply for amerada hess, halliburton, talisman, petrobras or others... search for their hq in mys...
Do you have to do any presentations during the group interview? I'm very poor in this area sad.gif

What do you do during the field assessment? Case studies? Is role playing in this stage?
azhanblur
post Oct 30 2008, 12:59 AM

26 posts

Hi..I work for SLB and I have these to say.

1. Working with SLB is not as working in offices. If you dont have prior experience in O n G industry, chances are your pre-conception might be wrong.

2. They pay you good and for a good reason. They'll worked you to the edge, experiences might differ from person to person depending on their tolerance. Diploma graduates would start with grade 7 (trainee) with RM 3+++ salary. This salary is fixed, you can be called to work on sundays or pb holidays with no overtime claim. They send you to school for one month. Location depends on segments, UK, US etc. Complete online modules, take tests, do work then breakout; then you get to grade 8. They pay you RM 4+++.. The cycle continues. My point is, pay is good but work is not easy. Less time outside work.

3. Remember, no matter how good a company reputation is, you will always found some jackass/jerks inside. You are dealing with people. If your excuse to change employer is jackass manager/supervisor, chances that you'll find them in slb too.

4. Don't just go for the money. Believe me, when time goes by you'll start to questions your intention. Especially if you are going to field work post. For engineers wannabe, its might not like engineer you might imagine. Your pay is hefty, so do responsibilities, plus same physical work. Those who welcome challenges would likely like it here.

5. In interviews, be active, pro-active whatever. If you got the job, read the contract, REALLY. When I got the job, they sent me to India just for 1 week orientation. That was a honeymoon before hell. Took me quite a while to adjust but I'm settling down just like at home. You friends will be your greatest assets, not just money. They the ones who keep you going, and alive.

6. Any questions, feel free to email or PM me. azhanblur@yahoo.com

Added on October 30, 2008, 1:22 am
QUOTE(franksnitch @ Oct 28 2008, 10:15 PM)
Do you have to do any presentations during the group interview? I'm very poor in this area sad.gif

What do you do during the field assessment? Case studies? Is role playing in this stage?
Group interview or Dynamic group interview involves team based assignment. Eg. build a platform 1 meter min. in height and will withstand 8 golf balls. You will plan your design and present it. They'll give you A4 paper, amount depends on your design and request. Any addition of building materials during building will cause points deduction. If your project fails, don't worry. When they ask be the first to answer. Give analysis, why it failed..etc. Show confidence and smart thinking. Outshines and out think everyone. Hey, you want the job you'll have to work for it.

Then this field assessment. They'll do this in bases in Kemaman or Labuan or any place they like. Every single cents you spent on tickets etc can be claim. This is a 2 days assessment and will be different according to Segment; Wireline/Well Services/Drilling & Measurement/Testing etc. The toughest one I would say is Well Services..major physical work (for FS or tech.) For FE (engineer) I don't know or care biggrin.gif .. Pass this, you'll be putting one foot inside SLB. Then when got offer..as usual the Medical.. If you are not in KL, there will be a lot of traveling to Rohas Perkasa. For me, I got to take 1 or 2 unpaid leave from my employer at time..and lied the reason why.. biggrin.gif Make sure you don't have these if you are offered offshore/field position'

1. Diabetes type 2 (or 1? the one that need to inject insulin..)
2. Hi blood
3. Heart condition

and read the offer letter..understand the details. read the contract and RTFM.

This post has been edited by azhanblur: Oct 30 2008, 01:22 AM
danscsa
post Oct 30 2008, 09:41 AM

Casual
402 posts

how do i get in coz i applied like 6 months ago through the website n i am fresh engineering grad. THey only accept first class holders is it?
franksnitch
post Oct 31 2008, 01:06 AM

6 posts

Thanks Azhanblur for the brilliant insights on the outlook of the interview. At least I've got a gist of it. I'm still considering whether to apply for slb or not. The more I read about how the interview goes, the more I get the jitters. But I've been wanting to work for slb since I was in high school.. It's just that I don't have enough self-confidence and my soft skills suck.

danscsa, I reckon they'd accept a 2nd class upper as well because my cousin got in. It's just a matter of how well you did in the interview process.

48 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.56    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:23 AM