Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> MPSJ CCC

views

wejazzitup
post Jul 7 2020, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
88 posts

I was told that for renovations such as extension of kitchen (ground floor) and rooms (upper floor), there is no need to apply for CCC.

And of i really want, they can get an architect to sign the Borang F for me, and this will be sufficient without the need for Borang G1-21.

Is this true?
post Aug 22 2020, 09:10 PM

11 posts

Hi all, I am doing kitchen extension and would like to check something on CCC although my plan approval is under MBSA.

My contractor told me do kitchen extension need CCC to be recognized for bank valuation and for house insurance. I did some research and have seen both answers: some say need CCC but others say got majlis approval can dy. Anyone familar with this can shed some light? Thanks notworthy.gif
mini orchard
post Aug 23 2020, 06:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(512456 @ Aug 22 2020, 09:10 PM)
Hi all, I am doing kitchen extension and would like to check something on CCC although my plan approval is under MBSA.

My contractor told me do kitchen extension need CCC to be recognized for bank valuation and for house insurance. I did some research and have seen both answers: some say need CCC but others say got majlis approval can dy. Anyone familar with this can shed some light? Thanks  notworthy.gif
Without a CCC, is ILLEGAL although plan is approved by mbsa. Some owners might deviate from approved plan during work thereby mbsa CANNOT issue the CCC.

Is common in property transactions that any extension required CCC. Otherwise the buyers can reject the sale as they can be fined by mbsa for illegal work done or in worst case, mbsa will demolish the illegal extension ... unless seller lower the price and buyer take risk.

In the event of a fire, extension without CCC will make fire insurance claims application difficult or void

This post has been edited by mini orchard: Aug 23 2020, 07:00 AM
post Aug 23 2020, 10:49 AM

11 posts

Noted with thanks thumbsup.gif By the way, I've read here at Recommend that we will need to get an updated CCC after the rear extension is done if we are using 'standard plan drawings' by the majlis. Meaning anyhow I will also need to find an architect to draw up the plan with extension to get the CCC right?

Below is the excerpt from the article:
ALTERNATIVELY, some town councils provide a pre-drawn “standard plan drawings” for rear extensions. If you follow these basic plans, then you can save money on the architect. However, you MUST build according to the plan. If an inspection later reveals that your extension was not according to plan, you may be fined.

When the renovation is done, you will need to make a final application to get an updated Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC). THIS IS IMPORTANT as it means that banks will recognise the new renovations and include it in the new value of the property.
mini orchard
post Aug 23 2020, 12:08 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(512456 @ Aug 23 2020, 10:49 AM)
Noted with thanks  :thumbsup:  By the way, I've read here at Recommend that we will need to get an updated CCC after the rear extension is done if we are using 'standard plan drawings' by the majlis. Meaning anyhow I will also need to find an architect to draw up the plan with extension to get the CCC right? 

Below is the excerpt from the article:
ALTERNATIVELY, some town councils provide a pre-drawn “standard plan drawings” for rear extensions. If you follow these basic plans, then you can save money on the architect. However, you MUST build according to the plan. If an inspection later reveals that your extension was not according to plan, you may be fined.

When the renovation is done, you will need to make a final application to get an updated Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC). THIS IS IMPORTANT as it means that banks will recognise the new renovations and include it in the new value of the property.
You approach the guys discreetly in the Planning Dept to do it . . freelance. He will kao dim for you. No need architect.
squidsquid
post Oct 6 2020, 11:33 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

I am in the midst of buying a subsale prop under mpsj.

Paid deposit but haven sign spa - currently in the process of due diligence and vendor doesnt have CCC and even renovation plan to share (not sure if it is being done rightfully). Current vendor kept saying they only did minor interior renovation and hence no approval needed - prob was done by previous owner. Renovation done on the house including ground floor back fully extended for wet kitchen.

My lawyer told me can always extract the ccc from mpsj with a small fee - my concern is if the renovation wasnt done rightfully, will they even issue a ccc? And i dont know if the previous contractor was CIDB approved nor if still contactable

Assuming if i need to hire architect to redraw and resubmit, would i then need the previous contractor to sign to get ccc..?

Anyone who have gone thru similar exp/have good architect contact pls share or PM. Am new to these but am trying to learn as much online/via forum like here so wont get con..Appreciate much!
tony_mw
post Dec 8 2020, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
211 posts

QUOTE(squidsquid @ Oct 6 2020, 11:33 AM)

Paid deposit but haven sign spa - currently in the process of due diligence and vendor doesnt have CCC and even renovation plan to share (not sure if it is being done rightfully). Current vendor kept saying they only did minor interior renovation and hence no approval needed - prob was done by previous owner. Renovation done on the house including ground floor back fully extended for wet kitchen.

My lawyer told me can always extract the ccc from mpsj with a small fee - my concern is if the renovation wasnt done rightfully, will they even issue a ccc? And i dont know if the previous contractor was CIDB approved nor if still contactable

Assuming if i need to hire architect to redraw and resubmit, would i then need the previous contractor to sign to get ccc..?

Anyone who have gone thru similar exp/have good architect contact pls share or PM. Am new to these but am trying to learn as much online/via forum like here so wont get con..Appreciate much!
Wish to know about this too. Any sifu mind to share this?
mini orchard
post Dec 8 2020, 08:25 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

QUOTE(tony_mw @ Dec 8 2020, 07:40 PM)
Wish to know about this too. Any sifu mind to share this?

If there is no record of the reno with tbe local authority, then engage an accredited draftsman to redraw the plan for submission and he can sign for it....provided the work done is in accordance to guidelines. For normal intermediate unit, it shouldnt be any problem of deviations.
Phyarc
post May 8 2021, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
142 posts

The house could have done a few renovations, but at least 1 time. So how you know the CCC extracted is for which one?
You can check Contractor's company name is CIDB website.

Yes you need previous contractor to sign. However, if they are uncontactable, then can get another contractor to sign, as long is CIDB registered. Anyhow you can check with MPSJ first, in the case of pemutihan / whitening, can you bypass requirement to need borang G to be signed by contractor who is no longer contactable. Some authority can accept but some insist you need CIDB contractor to sign it.

8 Pages « < 6 7 8Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.08    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:32 AM