Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

APPLE PAY IN MALAYSIA, Official arrives in Malaysia! Aug 2022!

views

faizalmzain
post Aug 26 2019, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(thankyou @ May 13 2019, 06:32 PM)
Not sure how does it work...

how did GPay collaborate with iPay88 to open payment market in Malaysia instead of banks...

I guess Apple only interested to work with big players such as bank to offer Apple Pay...
ipay88 only collaborate for gpay online payment
faizalmzain
post Aug 26 2019, 11:09 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(PATAR @ Jan 18 2019, 05:17 PM)
iOS has pretty low market share in Malaysia. around 20%
Here in Sweden iOS has 62% market share. And still nobody uses apple pay. Formally it exists. But I've never seen a shop that accepts it. Too much hassle and cost for the shops to have one more payment solution.
what type of credit card machine they use in sweden?
they do not support paywave/paypass???
no need for extra special device to accept apple pay as long the credit card device support NFC.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Aug 26 2019, 11:09 PM
faizalmzain
post Oct 5 2020, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(jiaen0509 @ Sep 20 2020, 05:18 PM)
QR Pay is not convenient at all. Unlike ApplePay/SamsungPay can link Credit Card directly. Just tap and go.

QR Pay need to Topup in advance. Although can auto topup, but I not willing to save the money in ewallet. Cannot withdraw at all.
No need to top up if you use maybank qr pay. Deduct from your bank account straight away
faizalmzain
post Oct 9 2020, 11:30 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(jiaen0509 @ Oct 6 2020, 09:07 AM)
biggrin.gif Cannot use card. Use card need merchant scan our phone. We scan them only support deduct from CASA.
Some banks already adopt universal duitnow qr pay. Can pay direct deduct from your bank account. No need to use 3rd party ewallets
faizalmzain
post Dec 23 2020, 10:22 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(kpinn @ Dec 18 2020, 10:32 PM)
1. How much do you lose when transferring to Euro ya? I just used my Maybank CC to top up €100, it still did not reflect on my acc yet. And is transferring in to N26 consider as reloading to E-wallet? Cause I would not mind if it give me some points. hehe

2. I see, but it would defeat the purpose if I still have to show the card after using my phone/watch to pay, right? :/
i use samsung pay via galaxy watch occasionally, so far nobody asked to see the card.
just tap like you tap your debit/credit card.
faizalmzain
post Jan 11 2021, 02:15 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Jan 8 2021, 07:43 PM)
Bank's won't support it if the Merchants wouldn't want it. Today the margins for merchant transactions for banks are already so slim with very low MDR rates. Then with players such as Grab and other eWallet offering 1% MDR rates to merchants, more and more merchants would prefer that sort of payment over Credit Card/Apple Pay/Samsung Pay.

At the end of the day, it's not the bank alone but also the merchants. Heck, even with the new DuitNow QR where there is 0% MDR fee, merchants also are hesitant to implement it.
i think most bank now use standard duitnow QR pay. it is supposed to be standard QR code for ewallet regulated by BNM.
for ewallet, maybank QR pay already implement standard duitnow QR .
for maybank qr pay you can pay with any bank app.

for merchants, if they already accept credit card payment i don't see any reason they don't want to accept since apple, google, samsung pay work the same as paywave, on merchant side they don't have to do anything.
you can pay with samsung pay with any credit card terminal that accept paywave.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Jan 11 2021, 02:19 PM
faizalmzain
post Feb 16 2021, 01:08 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(jagadis @ Feb 12 2021, 11:32 AM)
Looks like Apple is bringing the ecg function for Apple watch. Is this a sign that we are being considered as an important market? Maybe Apple pay will be next.
Philippines and thailand got ecg features during last update.
faizalmzain
post Feb 16 2021, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(drunkn7 @ Feb 16 2021, 09:33 AM)
Speaking out of thin air, but BNM probably wants local entities to back the payment process, aka local banks. Local banks don’t want to use the process coz of the fees (which they could take for themselves if they use their own payment methods). If I’m not mistaken, other local payment providers are also much cheaper than Apple Pay/provide other benefits.
apple pay, google pay, samsung pay all piggyback on top of existing payment system,
in terms of fees involved i have no idea but in terms of technology, it is readily available.
faizalmzain
post Feb 16 2021, 11:55 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Feb 16 2021, 10:20 PM)
I believe it's because our local eWallets that is actually a hassle has a low transaction fee. Take a look here
Not sure about Apple Pay. Maybe banks tested waters with SamsungPay and there's no support. Well, they kinda choose the wrong side to test the water.

Oh well, banks are now done with integrating with DuitNowQR. Their IT dept should have the allocation time now to "install" AP infra/gateway to their system.
I think mae/qrpay already use duitnowqr so you can pay with any bank app that support duitnowqr.
I already encountered one restaurant in cyberjaya just put single duitnow qr for e wallet payment.
Now grab, tng, boost must offer value added service since users no longer required to top up to their e wallet to make payment. Can deduct directly from their bank account
faizalmzain
post Jun 28 2021, 11:04 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Jun 8 2021, 03:36 PM)
squeeze dry eWallet promos
heavily use physical card

i don't see why we should even support eWallets. Nuisance in the first place.
you can pay using ewallet in road side stalls, it will never happen with apple pay, samsung pay etc.
faizalmzain
post Aug 17 2021, 01:59 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Aug 11 2021, 10:43 AM)

Anyone needs a video guide n explanation can watch here.
this is the quickest option.
i registered and validated within an hour or so.
now i can use apple pay and google pay in malaysia.
and when we go to singapore we can use apple watch to pay for MRT. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Aug 17 2021, 01:59 PM
faizalmzain
post Dec 11 2021, 01:09 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(driftmeister @ Dec 10 2021, 07:11 PM)
We wanted the entire chain but the feedback from them wasn’t positive. So maybe 1 outlet at the building only lor..
The showstopper is actually at b*m. We are treating it like a card but they treat it like an e-wallet with transaction limit, so a lot of back and forth emails.
Apple pay should be the same as paywave which is contactless payment. There must be a certain limit you can use per transaction
faizalmzain
post Dec 11 2021, 01:13 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(The1stHumanBeing @ Dec 10 2021, 08:01 PM)
Why was the feedback not so positive, test terminals often fail to approve transaction, coffee chain cashier uninformed how NFC payments work?
Shouldn’t Apple Pay be not so different from Samsung Pay; which they approved years ago. Why B*M don’t know how NFC payments work?

So many questions, very few answers. Please update us once they respond.
Probably just talk cock?😂
Paywave also has default limit of rm250 max per transaction. Nothing new. Apple pay should fall under same category which is contactless payment.

Who said ewallet has limit? I just paid almost rm7k bought an espresso machine last Friday using touch n go ewallet
faizalmzain
post Dec 11 2021, 10:53 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(@POTUS @ Dec 11 2021, 06:01 AM)
Why apple pay should have limit? Apple pay is just a middle man that let you store your physical card. Any limit is not with your own card? Are you the 1 from b*m that confuse yourself?
Then why paywave has regulation to limit max amount per transaction? Isn't it physical card??🤷‍♀️

Apple pay, g pay, samsung pay are just a mobile version of paywave which is NFC contactless payment. So should fall under same regulation as any NFC contactless payment 🤷‍♀️
Contactless payment max limit is universal. Not only in malaysia

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Dec 11 2021, 10:58 AM
faizalmzain
post Dec 11 2021, 02:50 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(imPKKer @ Dec 11 2021, 11:27 AM)
Wait I’m confuse, i thought paywave work even above rm250. Just need to enter PIN after you tap the card. I remember post about samsung pay where they pay rm1k and it work with no issues.

So any form of paywave, below rm250 no pin, above rm250 require pin.
If you need to enter pin then it's no longer a contactless payment
faizalmzain
post Dec 18 2021, 11:47 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

Footlocker store has apple pay as one of the supported payment. Is it there all along?🤷
First time buy something from footlocker though.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Dec 18 2021, 11:47 PM
faizalmzain
post Dec 20 2021, 11:18 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Dec 20 2021, 07:43 AM)
It depends on who they use as their payment gateway provider. If their payment gateway provider is a large international one, then usually if you have Apple Pay enabled on your device, it would pick it up and offer you that option.
This is physical store
faizalmzain
post Dec 21 2021, 03:42 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(The1stHumanBeing @ Dec 20 2021, 11:26 PM)
You serious, got any photos?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/V62mADoNLvhTf9yS8
faizalmzain
post Dec 21 2021, 07:16 PM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(The1stHumanBeing @ Dec 21 2021, 09:27 AM)
Cool, but which branch of Foot Locker?
Ioi city mall. It could be in the list all this while. 🤷

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Dec 21 2021, 07:17 PM
faizalmzain
post Dec 30 2021, 12:48 AM

Regular
1,416 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Dec 29 2021, 03:02 PM)
As far as I know Apple charge card issuer some fee for each transaction like 15 cent in the US. As for Samsung Pay, Samsung does not charge banks anything. It is just an extension of phone feature usage. Samsung just sell phone and use the feature to keep users in Samsung eco system.

So, which retailer is going to use Apple Pay?
Nothing to do with retailer. Even right now you can pay using apple pay at any retailers which support paywave.
The only hurdle is whether you can add your debit/credit card to apple wallet or not.

This post has been edited by faizalmzain: Dec 30 2021, 12:50 AM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0194sec    0.53    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 PM