Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Kodi Official Discussion Thread V2, Free and Open Source (GPL) Media Center

views

TSvoncrane
post Jun 22 2017, 02:53 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jun 22 2017, 02:47 PM)
I actually wiped out all the data in my kodi, then only update to Krypton. Then I used a new build, which is no limits build. Then everything is there. All the repos and addons. Then I added RSS, ICdrama and etc. Kautim. Can watch dy biggrin.gif
That works too.. laugh.gif
babysiew
post Jun 22 2017, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

I was glad it worked. I was so worried hahaha...
OCMAX
post Jun 22 2017, 02:59 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 22 2017, 02:41 PM)
Wrong.. That exploit among other bugs have been squashed on the latest Kodi V17.3.. Works great so far on devices such as the Minix Neo U1... Can't make such sweeping statements without knowing the device in question.  biggrin.gif
You should stick with Krypton v17 since it works so well for you why take the trouble to update to v17.3??? LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm saying the older boxes user that stuck with Javis.. I'm blaming Kodi DEV. LOL laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OCMAX: Jun 22 2017, 03:02 PM
fruitie
post Jun 22 2017, 03:11 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Staff
67,988 posts

Maybe it is just my box, it cannot work well with latest Kodi 17 and it will crash my box. I had to unplug power cable to restart it.

Downgraded to Jarvis 16 and it works well now. Sigh. sad.gif
babysiew
post Jun 22 2017, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

to be honest, Krypton is a lot laggy-ier than Jarvis. Jarvis smoother. But because Krypton is safer, I updated it.
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2017, 03:42 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

i am using himedia h7g3...should i update from jarvis to krypton ?

AVFAN
post Jun 22 2017, 03:46 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

QUOTE(fruitie @ Jun 22 2017, 03:11 PM)
Maybe it is just my box, it cannot work well with latest Kodi 17 and it will crash my box. I had to unplug power cable to restart it.

I think there is truth in this.
As warned by the kodi people - boxes with android5 or above but with poor firmware will struggle with kodi17.
Not just audio passthru but other things as well.
But possibly due also to addons in a mess after the hammer came down recently.

I also start to observe strange hiccups with kodi17.3 on my android5 android tv but not the android7 box.
Both have the same build, copied from one to another.

This post has been edited by AVFAN: Jun 22 2017, 03:50 PM
babysiew
post Jun 22 2017, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

hmm no wonder. Minix neo u1 is on android 5.
OCMAX
post Jun 22 2017, 04:01 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jun 22 2017, 03:14 PM)
to be honest, Krypton is a lot laggy-ier than Jarvis. Jarvis smoother. But because Krypton is safer, I updated it.
Those using Javis has problem updating Exodus due to dependencies not met. Will have to wait for a fix. dry.gif
OCMAX
post Jun 22 2017, 04:08 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 22 2017, 03:42 PM)
i am using himedia h7g3...should i update from jarvis to krypton ?
Your H7 III should be able to work with Kodi v17.3. running on android 5.1 right?

But it seems latest Kodi version eat a lot of ram. LOL biggrin.gif 1G ram might have to struggle.
lyc1982
post Jun 22 2017, 04:29 PM

ExpectNoMercy
2,327 posts

QUOTE(OCMAX @ Jun 22 2017, 04:08 PM)
Your H7 III should be able to work with Kodi v17.3. running on android 5.1 right?

But it seems latest Kodi version eat a lot of ram. LOL  biggrin.gif 1G ram might have to struggle.
my jarvis can't load any movies/series on exodus or genesis reborn or icdrama (always get url unable to resolve etc error)...so i am thinking whether to upgrade it but fear of lagging
OCMAX
post Jun 22 2017, 05:09 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Jun 22 2017, 04:29 PM)
my jarvis can't load any movies/series on exodus or genesis reborn or icdrama (always get url unable to resolve etc error)...so i am thinking whether to upgrade it but fear of lagging
You wouldn't know if you don't test it out. DO a back up first. did you install Ares Wizard?

Always do a back up before you changed anything. So that you can restore with a few clicks. smile.gif

This post has been edited by OCMAX: Jun 22 2017, 05:27 PM
AVFAN
post Jun 22 2017, 07:09 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,036 posts

like max says, try it - kodi17.3 since it is android5.1.
u never know what u get!
but be prepared if it does not work too well since it is 1/8gb and one of the first 5.1's.

i personally have given up kodi 17 or 16 with older boxes.
too much work (to keep up), too slow, not worth my time. tongue.gif
better use it for other purposes/apps.

seriously, time to get a better box for all things good! biggrin.gif

pluginbaby
post Jun 22 2017, 08:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,658 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jun 22 2017, 07:09 PM)
u never know what u get!
but be prepared if it does not work too well since it is 1/8gb and one of the first 5.1's.

Hail Shield
Scissorshand
post Jun 22 2017, 10:18 PM

Regular
1,516 posts

Lol... Seems exodus SALTS Openload Specto are all screwed... Unable to pull hd streams....
This is in Android 6 not to mention 4.4.2 android...

Anyone having same shit going?
OCMAX
post Jun 22 2017, 10:51 PM

Enthusiast
858 posts

user posted imageuser posted image

Kodi now to me is a just a backup. I found it is slower than standalone apk and too many maintenance works needed to followed up with the changes. LOL laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OCMAX: Jun 23 2017, 08:04 AM
TSvoncrane
post Jun 23 2017, 07:06 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(OCMAX @ Jun 22 2017, 02:59 PM)
You should stick with Krypton v17 since it works so well for you why take the trouble to update to v17.3??? LOL  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

I'm saying the older boxes user that stuck with Javis.. I'm blaming Kodi DEV. LOL  laugh.gif
It's easy to blame Kodi but.. Nah.. I've already explained this several times and there's a detailed explanation up on page one. The Kodi devs are not to be blamed.. Blame the shitty box manufacturers and their shitty firmware.. Excuse my language, just need to hit home hard. In the past, the Kodi devs have been using a lot of hacks and funny codes to make sure that earlier Kodi versions worked on most boxes. Due to low manpower and the amount of shitty devices out there, they can't afford to keep doing this as it considerably slows down the overall progress of the Kodi app. So, the solution to Krypton working well on these devices is that they get a firmware update that ensures compatibility with Android media standards. Provided the hardware is capable, this WILL work. The Minix Neo U1 has been Kodi friendly and works great even after the release of V17.3.. With no firmware update.. Which means it had a good firmware in the first place. So bug your device's manufacturers for a solution.. Kodi has implemented their solution and intends to move forward with it.

It's precisely that.. Not all devices are equal.

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jun 22 2017, 03:14 PM)
It's probably lagging cuz..
*Using a skin that your device can't drive smoothly.. Powerful devices have no issues driving heavier skins. If so, switch back to default or a more resource-friendly skin.
*installed a build on it.. I'm no fan of builds as they tend to come with a ton of crap I don't need.. I prefer a lean, mean installation instead.. A couple of verified addons and tweaked settings (advancedsettings.xml) and I'm good. Think about it, how much addons do you even need?

QUOTE(babysiew @ Jun 22 2017, 03:53 PM)
hmm no wonder. Minix neo u1 is on android 5.
Yes.. Not just any Lollipop firmware... A good one. smile.gif

I'm able to content off Exodus.. Haven't tested Genesis Reborn, but expect no issues either.. Can't test Icdrama addons, cuz don't need it. However, tested azdrama's RSS method and still works.
TSvoncrane
post Jun 23 2017, 07:27 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jun 22 2017, 07:09 PM)
u never know what u get!

This... Device + Setup + Network = Performance.. Garbage in = Garbage out.

QUOTE(Scissorshand @ Jun 22 2017, 10:18 PM)
Lol... Seems exodus SALTS Openload Specto  are all screwed... Unable to pull hd streams....
This is in Android 6 not to mention 4.4.2 android...

Anyone having same shit going?
Nope.. Both Exodus and Specto work on V17.3... Using auto-play pulls 1080p sources to play & automatically fetches subs as well. Check you have the right versions.
Exodus V3.1.19
Specto V2017.06.11.1
OCMAX
post Jun 23 2017, 08:01 AM

Enthusiast
858 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jun 23 2017, 07:06 AM)
It's easy to blame Kodi but.. Nah.. I've already explained this several times and there's a detailed explanation up on page one. The Kodi devs are not to be blamed.. Blame the shitty box manufacturers and their shitty firmware.. Excuse my language, just need to hit home hard. In the past, the Kodi devs have been using a lot of hacks and funny codes to make sure that earlier Kodi versions worked on most boxes. Due to low manpower and the amount of shitty devices out there, they can't afford to keep doing this as it considerably slows down the overall progress of the Kodi app. So, the solution to Krypton working well on these devices is that they get a firmware update that ensures compatibility with Android media standards. Provided the hardware is capable, this WILL work. The Minix Neo U1 has been Kodi friendly and works great even after the release of V17.3.. With no firmware update.. Which means it had a good firmware in the first place. So bug your device's manufacturers for a solution.. Kodi has implemented their solution and intends to move forward with it.
Why do you think only The Minix Neo U1 is working well with v17.3? my cheapo H8+ running on Android 5.1 also using it without firmware update. LOL

What I notice are before whatever Kodi updates. the end user were watching the same movies files. So what so special after the update? these movie files not able to find by using older devices. LOL That's how wonderful these Kodi dev has done. But with a few tweaks done by others Dev. The older devices works again. The funny things is these dev has even lesser man power compared with the so called official dev. LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OCMAX: Jun 23 2017, 11:08 AM
TSvoncrane
post Jun 23 2017, 08:14 AM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(OCMAX @ Jun 23 2017, 08:01 AM)
Why do you think only The Minix Neo U1 is working well with v17.3? my cheapo H8+ running on Android 5.1 also using it without firmware update. LOL

What I notice are before whatever Kodi updates. the end user were watching the same movies files. So what so special after the update? these movie files not able to find by using older devices. LOL That's how wonderful these Kodi dev has done. But with a few tweets done by others Dev. The older devices works again. The funny things is these dev has even lesser man power compared with the so called official dev. LOL  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Dude.. You keep misintepreting. No where in my previous posts have I ever commented that it's only the Neo U1 that works with V17.3 or any Kodi version for that matter. If you can't wrap your head around how the system works, then don't come in here claiming to know how it works or the amount of effort that is required to develop an app like Kodi for millions of devices out there. It's not copy and paste.. Plus there are legal issues involved.

You are the same fella who claims that Kodi is too sluggish on your device, now it's working great on it? Don't make me laugh..

What's so special about the updates? Good grief.. doh.gif.. You do realize that the latest update fixed a major security flaw (as in a subtitle file can open up a massive backdoor into your system) among other bug fixes.. I suggest you actually read to understand. Here, the official changes in the release.
Fixes done in this release:

Fixed missing binary add-ons on release time
Fixed crash on older distros like Ubuntu 14.04 with GCC 4.8 compiler
From previous v17.2 release:

Fix selection after channelgroup switching in PVR guide window
Fix handling of gaps that caused eradic behaviour in EPG grid
Allow backing out of fullscreen pictures by mapping longpress guesture
Quick fix for wake up command not being called in PVR power management
Use alternative method to check if platform updates have been installed on Windows
Set the minimum version in the code which is currently OSX 10.8
Fix possible security flaw which could abused .zip files which try to traverse to a parent directory
Use the correct ttc font from the video file for subtitles on Windows
Detect and delete zero-byte database files which causes crashes.

Once again.. Just cuz you have no idea how things work or why it should, does not mean that others do not.. Sometimes, it's better to keep silent and observe than to talk and remove all doubt.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: FYI, the upcoming Kodi V18 will finally support full 64-bit application on Microsoft Windows.. Those who have 64-bit capable hardware + Windows and understand the advantages of a 64-bit system over 32-bit will definitely upgrade and enjoy its benefits..

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jun 23 2017, 08:19 AM

302 Pages « < 174 175 176 177 178 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.29    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:29 PM